Author Topic: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - Less than a week till release  (Read 193469 times)

Athrel

• v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Re: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - X and Y versions announcement
« Reply #330 on: July 04, 2013, 07:58:18 PM »
Probably about the same way a bug with no hands does it. :derp:

It's pincers are relatively fist shaped, but then again it's able to bug bite without having a mouth so w/e.

MaStErSpArK94

« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 11:55:25 AM by ★Drizzly Magician★ »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #332 on: July 05, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »
- Hitotsuki's English name Is "Honedge".

- Masuda'a announcement (with English subs).

I can live with that name and I like that design. "Honedge can also learn Swords Dance". Well there's a shocker.

Picked up a 3DS a couple of days ago so that I'm ready when this comes out. I kind of hate it so far actually. The battery like isn't very good, the control nub isn't very good and the d-pad isn't across from the buttons so it's uncomfortable to use, and the bottom screen is a little blurry. Maybe I'll get used to it, but so far it looks like I won't be getting rid of my brick DS.

I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #333 on: July 05, 2013, 03:36:29 PM »
If it doesn't get Hone Claws I'll be surprised.
Maybe we'll see it get a new good Steel physical move.

Athrel

« Reply #334 on: July 05, 2013, 03:39:07 PM »
I wonder if it'll get the musketeer quartet's signature moves.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #335 on: July 11, 2013, 08:21:19 AM »
CoroCoro scans, here we come!
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_Pok%C3%A9mon,_Gym_Leaders,_Team_Flare_surface_in_CoroCoro
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_X/Y_pre-order_bonuses_available_with_special_ticket_from_August_CoroCoro

Old Pok?mon updates
-Xerneas is Fairy-type. Its ability is Fairy Aura, which increases the power of Fairy-type moves. Its signature move is Geo Control.
-Yveltal is Dark/Flying-type. Its ability is Dark Aura which increases the power of Dark-type moves. Its signature move is Death Wing
-Honedge has No Guard as its ability.

New Pok?mon:
-Goronda is the evolved form of Pancham. Evolution method unknown, but it is said to be a new method. Fighting/Dark with either Iron Fist or Mold Breaker as its abilities. Knows Hammer Arm. Rumor says that Pancham evolves at lv. 30 with Dark-type on the team.
-Two Pok?mon of evolution line, Maaiika and Karamanero. Dark/Psychic Pok?mon which look like squids. Abilities Contrary or Suction Cups. They know a new move called Reverse, which reverses the effects of buffs and debuffs of the opponent. Karamanero also knows Hypnosis. Rumor has it that Maaiika will evolve if you flip the 3DS upside down.
-Shushupu is a Fairy-type Perfume Pok?mon what looks like a head of some tropical bird (or something with plague doctor's mask). Has Healer as its ability. Knows Aromatherapy. Exclusive to Y version with Skrelp
-Peroppafu is a Fairy-type Cotton Candy-Pok?mon (some counties call them fairy floss). Has ability Sweet Veil, what prevents it and its allies from falling into sleep. Has move Drain Kiss, which I guess drains opponent's HP. Exlusive to X version with Clauncher.

New Characters:
-Kalos region's professor is called Professor Platanu. Name is said to have come from platanus genus of trees. Is it said that he battles you periodically.
-Villanious team is called Team Flare. Their motivation
-Two new Gym Leaders. Citron is a young boy who is interested on inventions. Might be either Steel or Electric Gym Leader. Zakuro is mysterious one who's specialty is playing sports. Looks like either Rock or Ground Gym leader

It has info on Player Search System, but its bit too long for me to write down.

Also, the August issue of CoroCoro will have a ticket which will get you a pre-order bonus with the version you bought (Yveltal figure with Y and Xerneas figure with X)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:36:52 AM by ToyoRai »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #336 on: July 11, 2013, 08:45:38 AM »
I'm so amused by Team Flare's design. It's just so dumb.

Puffball's the best and oh momma Dark/Psychic squid (too bad it looks as dumb as Team Flare).

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #338 on: July 11, 2013, 08:53:58 AM »
Team Flare's purpose is to make money?

It's Team Rocket all over again.

Although the goofiest grunts award goes to Team Flare.

Also, bet they use Fire-types.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #339 on: July 11, 2013, 09:02:51 AM »
Oh man Dark/Psychic.
The best way to defeat a squid is with bug.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #340 on: July 11, 2013, 01:58:36 PM »
While reading about the gym leader with robot arms on Serebii, my initial reaction was "Holy crap, prosthetics!?"
Then I saw the picture.  :fail:
(I think he looks cool though)

The pre-order figures seem kind of underwhelming.  I was really hoping for something cool, especially given the simultaneous release, but these look about the same quality as what you'd get in a kid's meal at Burger King/McDonald's, but maybe I'm wrong.  Not sure where I picked the idea up, but Yveltal being a Ghost type would've been so much cooler than a Dark/Flying type... oh well.  Also, baby squid-thing is adorable.

Team Flare
... I'm think they meant "Flair". :V
(or lack of)

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #341 on: July 11, 2013, 02:41:06 PM »
If that was a joke, I'll forgive you. If not, the kanji they use for the name is "Flare"(フレア), not "Flair)"才能"

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #342 on: July 11, 2013, 04:05:23 PM »
-Two Pok?mon of evolution line, Maaiika and Karamanero. Dark/Psychic Pok?mon which look like squids. Abilities Contrary or Suction Cups. They know a new move called Reverse, which reverses the effects of buffs and debuffs. Karamanero also knows Hypnosis. Rumor has it that Maaiika will evolve if you flip the 3DS upside down.

That seems like a huuuuuuge deal. :o

... I'm think they meant "Flair". :V
(or lack of)

Somebody sent me this information over Skype earlier and mistyped the name as "Team Flair". Jeez, I wish...

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #343 on: July 11, 2013, 04:22:13 PM »
That seems like a huuuuuuge deal. :o
Maybe.

What's interesting is that they have Contrary in conjunction with that. Possible backfire right there, though most of the time it should mean better control over what stat gains you have. (This is assuming the new move works like Psych Up -- instantaneous wrt existing stat changes.)

Of course, then it turns out they have Kirlia-tier BSTs.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #344 on: July 11, 2013, 04:38:56 PM »
Keep in mind that Reverse works on the opponent, and Contrary (I think) only affects the one with the ability.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #345 on: July 11, 2013, 05:06:27 PM »
Oh.

I don't think that's such a useful move at all, then. Maybe if it had Prankster.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #346 on: July 11, 2013, 05:11:32 PM »
Of course, we don't know does it affect overall stat changes or the stat changes of the turn it is used. So if it only affects the turn the stat changes happen, having Prankster to make you move before opponent can buff themself isn't a good idea.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #347 on: July 11, 2013, 07:10:13 PM »
Just watch as it happens to know Encore and Wrap or something to that effect alongside Reverse or something. If it's a psychic type, it might know Skill Swap or Entrainment.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #348 on: July 11, 2013, 07:22:24 PM »
-Goronda is the evolved form of Pancham. Evolution method unknown, but it is said to be a new method. Fighting/Dark with either Iron Fist or Mold Breaker as its abilities. Knows Hammer Arm.

yase

MORE PUNCHING

« Reply #349 on: July 12, 2013, 03:18:58 AM »
Pancho permnent addition.
I'm getting unusually hyped. If I do get this game, I think I'm just going to make a gimmick team of the three bears.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #350 on: July 12, 2013, 03:40:39 PM »
Updates!

- New gameplay trailer

-More English names revealed:
Goronda: Pangoro;
Maika: Inkay;
Karamanero: Malamar;
Turn Over is now Topsy-Turvy;
Peropaffu: Swirlix;
Drain Kiss is now Draining Kiss;
Shushup: Spritzee;
Xerneas' Geo Control: Geomancy; Yveltal's Death Wing: Oblivion Wing;
Fairy Aura, Dark Aura and Sweet Veil keep their names.
The professor's name is Sycamore. Team Flare keeps the original name.
Shitoron is now Clemont and Zakuro is now Grant.

- Also, I found this on the official Pok?mon site:

They really do sound like Team Rocket.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:06:55 PM by ★Drizzly Magician★ »

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #351 on: July 12, 2013, 05:59:12 PM »
There is also a trade system called Wonder Caster. Put a Pok?mon in trade and recieve a Pok?mon from other player at random. There is also Holo Caster which informs player about coming tournaments and events, get messages from other players through StreetPass. There is also this thing called "0 Power" (oh Power), which allows you to affect your own and your opponent's Pok?mon, like increasing Attack stat. You need certain amough of energy to use them depenting who you use it on. You can also give or activate them to other players. There is also ability to take in-game pictures. (Most of this info comes from CoroCoro and some from the website).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 06:09:54 PM by ToyoRai »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #352 on: July 12, 2013, 11:28:18 PM »
Oh.

I don't think that's such a useful move at all, then. Maybe if it had Prankster.

I don't know, even if it doesn't have Prankster reasonably good prediction can turn a Dragon Dance into a crippling debuff that takes two turns to dig back out of. If this is a squid-exclusive move it will be a lot less useful because seeing it coming will be waaaay easier, but even then it could be useful if they're bulky enough.

Of course, we don't know does it affect overall stat changes or the stat changes of the turn it is used. So if it only affects the turn the stat changes happen, having Prankster to make you move before opponent can buff themself isn't a good idea.

That is true. I just assumed it works like Psych Up, but it may now.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #353 on: July 13, 2013, 04:23:55 AM »
Did we ever mention that Draining Kiss was OP?
Granted it does have a lower BP than Drain Punch and Giga Drain but recovering all the damage done?
That's going to be hell to break if they give it to some kind of wall pokemon or make the Fairy type capable of hitting many common types for neutral or super-effective damage (which was their plan).

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
« Reply #354 on: July 13, 2013, 03:45:56 PM »
Some info about a trailer shown before the latest Pok?mon movie (the trailer is not yet available for public viewing) :
-The trailer confirmed that the bike will return, so the rollerskates ain't replacing them (probably repalcing Running Shoes)
-New Pok?mon revealed called Oorotto. Oorotto is a menacing looking tree which uses its roots like spider legs. This is the closest sketch image we have of the Pok?mon as of now.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #355 on: July 13, 2013, 04:15:19 PM »
-New Pok?mon revealed called Oorotto. Oorotto is a menacing looking tree which uses its roots like spider legs. This is the closest sketch image we have of the Pok?mon as of now.

So, most likely based on a Treant. My money is on Grass/Ghost.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #356 on: July 13, 2013, 05:14:31 PM »
I hope it has seasonal changes like Sawsbuck. A spring version called Saigyou would be a gread thing to have~
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

SatorKoi57

• Dark Blare of Fire!
  • "YOU WA BAN" Sucks :P
« Reply #357 on: July 13, 2013, 07:12:38 PM »
Yeah, I hope it's Grass/Ghost if not then I am disappoint.
Watch as I sneak up behind this forum!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #358 on: July 13, 2013, 11:43:28 PM »

So coooool... There's a LOT that could be done with that. Thirding/fifthing/whatevering grass/ghost, but I'll take whatever. :)

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #359 on: July 14, 2013, 02:31:02 PM »
Update: More accurate Oorotto sketch from Serebii.

It looks a little less generic than the previous sketch, to be honest, which I'm totally okay with.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:33:01 PM by ★Drizzly Magician★ »