Author Topic: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - Less than a week till release  (Read 193444 times)

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
Re: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - X and Y versions announcement
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2013, 05:08:30 PM »
There's a GameFreak blog post here. And while it's mostly saying that the new game is awesome, he has one quote that intrigues a lot of people.

"A new battle mechanism that allows your Pok?mon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger."

I wonder how will this affect stats or abilities of Pokemon. I just hope this isn't another form of EV training, but it'll probably get turned into that. I hope some of the weakest Pokemon benefit from this more that the stronger ones. Mainly the never used of NU,  since it might bring more variety into teams.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2013, 11:06:56 AM »
I already mentioned this in my first post in this thread but it's most likely an enhancement to Friendship/Happiness value.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2013, 12:17:52 PM »
If it was just a friendliness enhancement, then it he wouldn't have mentioned it as a battle mechanic or that it makes your Pokemon more powerful. Seeing as friendliness doesn't affect anything in battle aside from Return and Frustration.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2013, 12:52:21 PM »
If it was just a friendliness enhancement, then it he wouldn't have mentioned it as a battle mechanic or that it makes your Pokemon more powerful. Seeing as friendliness doesn't affect anything in battle aside from Return and Frustration.

No, that's the point.

That they might make Friendliness MORE than just something that affects the base power of Return and Frustration. If they were to make an entirely new battle mechanic based on "the bonds shared between player and Pokemon" rather than use something that already basically IS the bonds of a player and Pokemon, that would be really stupid IMO

in b4 they actually do that

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2013, 04:31:55 PM »
If it's something dependent on the happiness value, shit all happens on the competitive front anyway.

If it's something dependent on the moves you use / things that happen during battle, then, that's a thing.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2013, 12:33:22 PM »
Linkers

I find this extremely amusing

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2013, 07:12:07 AM »
So... we gettin an Eeveelution.  Pretty cute, but I'm hoping it's not the only one we get.  It looks like it'd be a Normal type, but I would've figured they'd make a Normal evolution look more Eevee-ish than the rest.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2013, 11:56:40 AM »
So... we gettin an Eeveelution.  Pretty cute, but I'm hoping it's not the only one we get.  It looks like it'd be a Normal type, but I would've figured they'd make a Normal evolution look more Eevee-ish than the rest.

ニンフィア "NYMPHIA," it seems, yeah.

A Normal type Eeveelution would be odd given Eevee is already Normal, but... Eh. We'll just have to see.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2013, 12:37:08 PM »
It probably means they're done making Eeveelutions and it's about time that happened.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2013, 02:07:03 PM »
One of my friends said that the scan hints at a new type and a new evolution method but... I'm pretty skeptical.  The new evolution method is certainly plausible but I don't really see what the point of introducing a new type would be.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2013, 02:32:13 PM »
I don't think it's a new type. Actually, people think it might be Flying-type because of the scarf flapping in the wind and the ears.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2013, 02:53:51 PM »
The name and the design leads me to believe it'll be a gender-unique evolution, and that there will probably be a male counterpart as well.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2013, 04:33:45 PM »
Um... Hmmm... Uh... Huh.

...Guess they can't all be winners.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2013, 11:12:13 PM »
I'm more interested in the fact that a new Eeveelution confirms that this isn't gonna be like B/W where they do nothing but shove Gen 6 down your throat, and give hope for those Luvdiscs and Farfetch'ds and Pinsirs.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2013, 11:41:44 PM »
You mean Luvdisc and Farfetch'd and Pinsir

POKEGRAMMAR IS IMPORTANT

But fuck those guys, my childhood dream was always a Torkoal evolution

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2013, 12:15:36 AM »
Hmmm... I think my main problem with the new Eeveelution is that it's too involved, if that makes sense.  There's just so much going on with it that it kind of lacks the simplistic yet unique designs that all the other ones have.  I guess it just doesn't really fit in with the others...

...But who knows, maybe I'll learn to love it like I love the others.  Eevees are awesome like that.

Want to see a Dunsparce evolution.  Because hey, why not? :yukkuri:
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »
Hmmm... I think my main problem with the new Eeveelution is that it's too involved, if that makes sense.  There's just so much going on with it that it kind of lacks the simplistic yet unique designs that all the other ones have.  I guess it just doesn't really fit in with the others...

i think it's fine, i think it's very pretty :/

Want to see a Dunsparce evolution.  Because hey, why not? :yukkuri:

dunsparce needs more love.

I'm more interested in the fact that a new Eeveelution confirms that this isn't gonna be like B/W where they do nothing but shove Gen 6 down your throat, and give hope for those Luvdiscs and Farfetch'ds and Pinsirs.

Pinsir isn't actually a pile of trash, though.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2013, 05:08:53 PM »
Pinsir isn't actually a pile of trash, though.

It's more:

Scyther got Scizor in Gen 2
Scizor is a re-typed Scyther, with the same BST, moved around.

A logical evolution for Pinsir would be Bug/Fighting
Heracross has the same BST as Pinsir
Heracross is Bug/Fighting
They have a lot of movepool overlap, but not complete, like Scyther/Scizor.

Honestly, Hecacross should be a Pinsir evolution.

Pinsir has been screwed out of an evolution from his counterpart for 4 gens already. Let's not make it 5.

For that matter, equality for Banette too. Every gen that thing gets worse than the Duskull line. First Dusknoir, then Evolite...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 05:12:27 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2013, 09:07:10 PM »
This is two days old.

Also: pfft. It's more likely to be The Love Pokemon or something, but this is still a thing, as Nintendo are being really shifty about the typing.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 09:08:47 PM by BT »

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2013, 05:26:34 AM »
This is two days old.

Also: pfft. It's more likely to be The Love Pokemon or something, but this is still a thing, as Nintendo are being really shifty about the typing.

Last time I checked, most people are speculating that it's gonna be Light Type, but personally I think it gonna be a flying type myself.

My reasoning being that it's English name Sylveon, is taken from Sylph, which is a Air Elemental from western mythos, and to cite Wikipedia

"Sylphs are winged air elementals or fairies. They ride the wind, flying high with eagles, Sylphs are female and are almost transparent. They're slender and graceful, with large glistening eyes and huge wings. Sylphs befriend and protect other flying creatures, such as birds, moths and butterflies. Sylphs can move as fast as lightning, but they may also drift along on draughts or puffs of wind."

And I believe the ribbons on Sylveon represent said wings, and seeing as how Sylph's are for the most part, exclusively female, we could have a Female exclusive Eeveelution on our hands like Edible has suggested, though it is odd how they only unveiled one Eeveelution this time around rather than a pair of Eeveelutions like they have done in the past (Espeon and Umbreon, Glaceon and Leafeon), though they could just be doing Sylveon for now and plan to reveal the second one at a later date, at least, thats what I think at any rate, but for all we know, Sylveon could be the first time they only release 1 Eeveelution instead of 2, but we'll need to wait and see though.
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2013, 06:07:22 AM »
Honestly, Hecacross should be a Pinsir evolution.

Pinsir has been screwed out of an evolution from his counterpart for 4 gens already. Let's not make it 5.

Heracross being a Pinsir evolution makes no remote logical sense. Even by GameFreak standards.

My reasoning being that it's English name Sylveon, is taken from Sylph, which is a Air Elemental from western mythos, and to cite Wikipedia

The Japanese name ニンフィア taken from ニンフ Nymph and the feminine suffix "-ia" is kind of :V

Athrel

• v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2013, 05:49:29 PM »
So recently, what is supposedly a leaked list of the names and typings of all of the gen VI pokemon was posted.link

There's no confirmation on wether any of it is true, but it's still pretty interesting. If it is true, then gen VI will have a lot of quadruple weaknesses.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2013, 05:58:11 PM »
So recently, what is supposedly a leaked list of the names and typings of all of the gen VI pokemon was posted.link

There's no confirmation on wether any of it is true, but it's still pretty interesting. If it is true, then gen VI will have a lot of quadruple weaknesses.

I am crossing my eyes sideways at 'Houndoomed'.  seriously

I mean i imagine they weren't really trying but seriously

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2013, 06:39:36 PM »
#1: The names don't sound like they were translated from Japanese.
#2: There's no reason for there to be a list of Pokemon and typings that conveniently got leaked -- a list of names alone is the likely scenario.
#3: "Houndoomed".

My Leak Can't Be This Fake

Athrel

« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2013, 06:45:45 PM »
Yeah, it doesn't really look that real, though I am hoping that some of the typings that appear in it show up in gen VI. I always thought that a centipede like bug dragon type would look pretty cool and a flying fighting type would also be interesting.

Chaore

« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2013, 06:58:19 PM »
Yeah, it doesn't really look that real, though I am hoping that some of the typings that appear in it show up in gen VI. I always thought that a centipede like bug dragon type would look pretty cool and a flying fighting type would also be interesting.

another good reason it's fake

seeing interesting things that you think are interesting at first

Athrel

« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2013, 07:15:56 PM »
I didn't really think that it was real in the first place. I only posted the list in sort of hopes that it would lead to some speculation on what actual new pokemon there might be or what the types of the ones already revealed are.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2013, 07:21:38 PM »
wasn't it already pretty much confirmed that the final forms of the starters would be grass/dark, fire/psychic, and water/fighting

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2013, 07:27:23 PM »
I don't think it was confirmed but it's certainly likely.

Chaore

« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2013, 07:30:32 PM »
wasn't it already pretty much confirmed that the final forms of the starters would be grass/dark, fire/psychic, and water/fighting

not in the least, there was an unreliable source (I.E. completely unofficial source that was theory guessing) and that's about it

we have no idea still what they will be, and may not until they're out, p.sure