Author Topic: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming  (Read 163050 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming
« Reply #270 on: April 15, 2013, 04:46:21 AM »
>Keep an eye on the alien. The Martian. Mars. Not Nue.

> You keep an eye on the Martian as you spot a flying wheelbarrow in the distance. You spot a pink haired girl in a cloak inside the wheelbarrow, and you see a red-headed girl with cat ears pushing it. The combination lands in the snow, going poomph as they cover you in powder.

> "Oops," The cat-eared girl says. "Sorry!"

> The pink haired girl brushes herself off, and commanding Utsuho to leave, approaches you, cat-eared girl close behind. She then passes you. Then she begins speaking with Nue.

> The cat-eared girl stays behind, brushing the snow off of you. She says, "Yeah, you know how Satori can be."

> You note that Satori is hiding her 3rd eye under her cloak at the moment, as Mars speaks up, "Are you this Satori girl? Or is Satori the cat?" Satori barely seems to notice Mars as she holds some hushed conversation with Nue.

> "I'm Orin, she's Satori," the cat-eared girl says to Mars, "You'll have to excuse her, she's never been good at the face-to-face."

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #271 on: April 15, 2013, 11:33:26 AM »
>"Is this all you wanted from me, or should I stick around more?"
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #272 on: April 15, 2013, 05:12:44 PM »
>"Is this all you wanted from me, or should I stick around more?"

> Satori doesn't seem to notice you as she continues talking to Nue. Nue then passes something to Satori, and Satori turns around, cloak open. You notice a large gold watch where Satori's 3rd-eye should be.

> "Um, Satori, Mokou's question?" Orin asks.

> A look of realization dawns on Satori, "Oh, well, naturally I would appreciate it if you and Nue stuck around." She then starts checking Mars from all angles, as she continues, "Still, you've done plenty so far, I can't blame you for wanting to get out of here and leaving little old me and Orin on this cold, dark mountain. Alone. Surrounded by bad guys."

> "You aren't old," Nue deadpans. "You are little though," she adds, earning a grumble from Satori.

> "Keep your distance," Mars warns as the mind-reader gets a little close.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #273 on: April 15, 2013, 06:28:22 PM »
>Wonder where Kogasa is.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #274 on: April 17, 2013, 02:06:56 AM »
>Wonder where Kogasa is.

> ...Do you really want to know? If you know, you lose plausible deniability.

> Your thought seems to have caught Satori's attention. She turns around to face you, and stares. She then turns to inspect Nue.

> "Call her."

> "Who?"

> "Umbrella girl. Call her. There will be no surprises today."

> "Have a sense of humor, would you?" Nue smirks. "I'm sure it'll be harmless."

> "There will be plenty of time for humor later," Satori commands with an air of authority unbecoming of her size. "Now call her."

> "Sheesh, alright, alright, just... stop looking at me like that," Nue says, taking out her phone. You hear "Thriller" playing from a little ways off, to which Orin lets out a small snirk. Although you hear the tone, you don't see the girl that should accompany it. After the ringing continues for about 30 seconds, it stops.

> "She's not answering," Nue says.

> "Obviously. Try again."

> You hear the ringtone a second time, though no one is answering it this time either. You could probably track it down easily enough.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #275 on: April 17, 2013, 02:14:31 AM »
Crap, sorry guys.
>"So, ah, how long will you want me here for?"
>Check out the catgirl. Try to see whether she has four ears.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #276 on: April 18, 2013, 01:44:47 AM »
>"So, ah, how long will you want me here for?"

> As Satori fails to notice you, Orin answers in her place, "We'll be done in about another 20 minutes or so, not that I get your hurry..." She then goes on, "...Satori didn't mention splitting the ransom, did she."

>Check out the catgirl. Try to see whether she has four ears.

> Well... actually, yes, she has a pair of human ears under her cat ears.

> You've never asked her about the extra set.

> Your examination of Orin also reveals that she's slightly above average height... that she has dark, ruby-read eyes alsongside her fiery red hair... that her chest size is larger than yours... you are pretty sure you've checked out the catgirl enough.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #277 on: April 18, 2013, 03:26:19 AM »
>Wait.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #278 on: April 20, 2013, 09:31:03 PM »
>Wait.

> You decide to wait.

> Orin overturns her wheelbarrow in the snow, using it as a makeshift table as she begins drawing lines. Meanwhile, Satori ends up searching for the source of the ringtone herself, finding Kogasa's cellphone on the ground when Kogasa pops out of a snowbank behind her, grabbing her legs and forcing her to the ground.

> You are a little surprised Satori didn't see anything coming, but you think she needs a direct line of sight with her 3rd eye to mind-read.

> Kogasa gives you and Nue back your respective stuff. Your inventory has now returned in its entirety.

> After Kogasa's scolding from Satori, followed by dropoff preparation from Satori in the form of lines in the snow and discussion with Orin, you see the opposing members of team galactic appear in the distance riding a number of different flying pokemon.

> There are about eight grunts being led by a woman with purple hair.

> As they approach, Satori yells "Don't pass the line in the snow."

> "And hello to you too," the purple-haired woman says.

> "Hello again Jupiter."

> You screwed up big time, huh?" the purple-haired woman replies.

> "Not now," the redhead snarls.

> As this Jupiter girl lands, you see she is carrying a briefcase in one hand, and holding on tight to a pokeball in the other. The pokeball appears to be handcuffed to herself.

> Satori speaks, "First, give me the pokeball instructions and a line of communications with your superiors. Approach, and place them on the wheelbarrow, then return to your position. My associate will check them."

> "You heard the lady," Jupiter says, opening the briefcase, from which she passes a booklet and a radio to one of her grunts. The grunt crosses the line in the snow and places the objects on Orin's overturned wheelbarrow, then returns.

> "Alright Orin, put on a good show," Satori says in a hushed voice.

> "You got it," Orin says, crossing a line in the snow on your side of the negotiating area. She leafs through the booklet, saying, "Looks like it at least has the theory. We should be able to work with this." She then tests the radio with a simple "Hello, anyone there?" You can't make out the other end, but Orin appears satisfied as she says, "All good!"

> As Orin makes to take the objects back to Satori, she is stopped by Jupiter, who says, "Hold it, leave them there until we're done."

> Satori hesitates for a second, before saying, "Do as she asks." Slightly disappointed, Orin returns to Satori empty-handed.

> "Now the pokemon," Satori says.

> Jupiter calls four of the eight grunts to her, passing each of them 5 pokeballs from her briefcase. About midway through, Satori's attention is suddenly diverted upwards. She says, "I don't like interruptions." Looking up, you see a small light in the distance, hovering in the sky.

> Jupiter looks up too, holding a finger to her ear. She asks her earpiece, "Any info on what's above us?" She waits for a second then says, "It's a Charizard. Probably wild."

> Satori replies, "We'll each send a couple people to check."

> "It's probably nothing," Jupiter says.

> Satori continues to stare upwards before adding "I'm paranoid, humor me."

>_
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:33:10 PM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #279 on: April 21, 2013, 01:04:31 AM »
>Health status?

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #280 on: April 21, 2013, 02:44:28 AM »
>is that our Charizard?
>Maybe we should fly up and check.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #281 on: April 21, 2013, 07:12:23 AM »
>Health status?

> Poor. You'd rather not fight in your current condition, but you have potions for Charizard and 5 other healthy pokemon. It should be noted that all past spellcards have dissipated, and you kind of forgot that you wanted to speak with Genji again. Well, maybe later.

> Your party contains:

> Haunter
> Ponyta
> Charizard
> Lucario
> Registeel
> Crobat

>is that our Charizard?
>Maybe we should fly up and check.

> That is not your Charizard. Your Charizard is resting on a once snow-covered rock nearby, it's pretty much melted the snow around itself about a foot down.

> You think it might be a good idea to fly up and check. You realize that you may want to make a preparation or two beforehand if you do decide to check, but if nothing else making sure there's nothing wrong would make Satori happy.

>_
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 06:02:59 PM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #282 on: April 21, 2013, 09:50:40 AM »
>Let all our pokemon stretch their legs, so to speak.
>Potion Lighter.
>Use Polymerization on China and Lighter to reveal Psychic Dragon Knight! Ask said Knight to check out the other Charizard.

>Oh crap, did we let Haunter out of its pokeball? We did, didn't we?!?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #283 on: April 23, 2013, 05:18:55 AM »
>Let all our pokemon stretch their legs, so to speak.
>Potion Lighter.

> You let your pokemon out of their pokeballs, giving the ones with legs the opportunity to stretch them. You then give Lighter a potion.

> You have 7 potions left.

>Use Polymerization on China and Lighter to reveal Psychic Dragon Knight! Ask said Knight to check out the other Charizard.

> You successfully fuse your monsters into the Dragon Master Knight You command China to mount Lighter and check out the other Charizard.

> "Kowalsky, keep an eye on their Charizard," Jupiter says to one of the grunts. He doesn't leave, but he's looking towards the sky instead of the exchange. Jupiter continues, "I think we've had enough distractions, here are your pokemon."

>  "One at a time," Satori says. "Orin, be ready."

> "Hey!" Mars says as Orin closes in. "Keep your distance."

> "Satori's orders," Orin says.

> "Listen to the kitty," Jupiter taunts. "It is your failure that forced us here."

> The purple haired woman has each of the four grunts around her pick up a pokeball. Jupiter then begins to call out names as each ball is opened, then the pokemon returned.

> "Alakazam. Kadabra. Ralts. Duskull. Natu."
> "Espeon. Ghastly. Ninetales. Golduck. Slobro."
> "Eevee. Torterra. Empoleon. Infernape. Ditto."
> "Drifloon. Staraptor. Hippowdon. Weavile. Drapion."

> You notice that Satori seems somewhat fidgety throughout. You also see that the Charizard she was worried about is closer now, in that you can somewhat make out its wings and heads instead of just the light on its tail. Your pokemon are getting pretty close to it.

>Oh crap, did we let Haunter out of its pokeball? We did, didn't we?!?

> ...That would explain what has Satori fidgety.

> "Be good," you remind your Haunter.

> "As always," he replies, then begins making faces at Kogasa, who returns the gesture in kind.

> Satori thinks for half a second as she looks up. She then says, somewhat rushed, "It's acceptable. Leave it on the wheelbarrow. Quickly."

> "It's only a Charizard," Jupiter sighs, handing the refilled suitcase off to one of her grunts, who approches the wheelbarrow and places the suitcase alongside Satori's new radio and the pokeball booklet. The grunt then retreats.

> "Orin, follow behind Mars."

> "Are you sure?" the catgirl asks, although Satori doesn't immediately respond. Orin then yells, "I said, are you sure?"

> "Oh? Yes, yes I'm sure." Satori says, still fixated on that other Charizard above.

> As Orin begins walking Mars across, you notice that other Charizard seems a lot brighter. Right before it envelopes Kogasa in a giant laser.

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #284 on: April 23, 2013, 05:16:11 PM »
> "Ah crap."
> Quickly check on Kogasa and tell our Pokemon to stay frosty.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #285 on: April 24, 2013, 03:59:12 PM »
>After checking on Kogasa, keep attention on Team Galactic. The Dragon Master Knight should be able to handle the rogue dragon.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #286 on: April 25, 2013, 06:46:56 PM »
> "Ah crap."
> Quickly check on Kogasa and tell our Pokemon to stay frosty.

> Kogasa is not particularly responsive, Words you would use to describe her include "crispy".

EDIT:
> Though you think it would take more than that to kill Kogasa. Considering how much Kogasa enjoys 'surprising' both humans and youkai that are way out of her league, you have no doubt she has suffered worse. She'll be fine tomorrow. Probably.

>After checking on Kogasa, keep attention on Team Galactic. The Dragon Master Knight should be able to handle the rogue dragon.

> "What's the big idea?" Orin yells, lunging at her hostage before any of the Galactic members can react, pinning Mars to the ground as she holds Mars by the neck. Jupiter's eyes widen considerably as she fumbles for the pokeball she has handcuffed to herself. Satori's attention is diverted to Jupiter, as the commander holds the ball in her hand and takes a second to mull. She then lowers her hand.

> "You trying to ambush us?" a grunt shouts back, releasing his giant bird as other grunts follow suit.

> "Calm. Down." Jupiter commands with a slight tremble in her voice, though she corrects herself quickly. "We are not screwing this up over what may well be a wild Charizard."

> "But Ma'am, they just..." One of the grunts begins before Jupiter cuts him off.

> "They would not hyper beam themselves." She then faces her grunts. "You two. Check the Charizard. Kowalsky. Smokescreen overhead. Try to keep it out of our faces. Catgirl. Let Mars go."

> Orin shouts back, "You have got to be..."

> "They're just as in the dark as we are." Satori says, pointing her disguised 3rd eye directly at Nue. Jupiter gives Satori an odd look after she says it, to which Satori hastely adds "Only morons would endanger their own hostage return. Which many of them are, but I don't think their commanders are that stupid."

> "And I would appreciate it if you would let go of Mars," Jupiter adds. You notice Nue doesn't seem particularly concerned. She has her hand is over her mouth, you think she's hiding a grin.

> "Satori?" Orin asks.

> The mind reader doesn't react right away, turning her attention onto Mars and Jupiter. Orin asks again, "Satori, should I let her go?"

> "...Let her up, but don't let her go yet," Satori says. She then asks Jupiter, "Is this team 'Galactic' genuinely interested in trade with Gensokyo?"

> "Of course," Jupiter replies, to which Satori mulls. Jupiter adds "You know, if it's not wild and someone is attacking us, we should finish quickly."

>_
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:57:06 AM by capt. h »

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #287 on: April 26, 2013, 10:28:03 PM »
>You should.
>Fly up there and give the Charizard the taste of REAL fire.
>You should probably check if anyone's on it, just in case.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #288 on: April 27, 2013, 08:55:16 AM »
>You should.
>Fly up there and give the Charizard the taste of REAL fire.
>You should probably check if anyone's on it, just in case.

> "Fine," Satori says. "Orin, finish the deal. Mokou, take Myon. And before you ask, yes, I am completely sure I do not want Myon to be seperated from your supervision, regardless of how powerful he is."

> You call Myon to you, although he is still laughing at Kogasa's plight. He doesn't seem to concerned about death lasers from above. You are also starting to think Myon is not a very nice pokemon.

> Well, no, you've always known Myon is not a very nice pokemon.

> You take flight with Myon through the low-hanging smokescreen, quickly passing through the other side, where immediately after clearing the smoke you are face-to-face with Marisa. She is in a full dive upon the Charizard, being chased by your attacking pokemon and the Galactic grunts.

> Marisa is tremendously good at evading attacks, possibly the best in Gensokyo due to her willingness to use maneuvers everyone else would consider insane. The disadvantage is that the maneuvers she pulls are in fact insane, often putting her in additional danger and placing her a hair from death. Although she knows a large variety of spells as a witch, she favors overwhelmingly powerful attacks, often disregarding small but practical spells in favor of using extremely powerful ones that drain excessive magic. She is an extremely good pick-pocket as well, if she touches you, you've probably already been robbed.

> You have your Haunter by your side.

> Dialogue
> Attack
> Evade
> Retreat
> Other

>_
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:57:33 AM by capt. h »

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #289 on: April 27, 2013, 05:25:13 PM »
>"Hey! Can you take your Charizard somewhere else? We are trying to conduct legitimate business deals here!"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #290 on: April 27, 2013, 11:30:28 PM »
>"Hey! Can you take your Charizard somewhere else? We are trying to conduct legitimate business deals here!"

> Well, hostage exchanges do technically qualify as legitimate business in Gensokyo.

> Marisa replies, "Ya, well Kogasa should have thought of that before stealin' from me, don't cha think?" as she leaps off her Charizard, passing above you as her Charizard passes below. The pair meet behind you as you're forced to dodge your own Charizard's dive, whereupon you notice one of your hair bows is in Marisa's hand.

> Recap: You made a bet with Marisa concerning your battle with Nue. Although Marisa left before the prize could be determined, Kogasa wanted to surprise her by stealing her mini-hakkero. Since then, you kept Marisa's mini-hakkero as your justly-earned prize.

>_
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 11:41:08 PM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #291 on: May 02, 2013, 01:41:00 AM »
>"Myon, be creative on the blonde thief."
>Can he do invisible wall, aka stealth rock?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #292 on: May 02, 2013, 06:41:51 AM »
>"Myon, be creative on the blonde thief."

> Your Myon's clasps its disembodied hands together as he responds, "Sure thing boss. Just sit back, relax, and watch the sparks fly!"

> As you wonder whether this was a good idea, your Myon phases itself out of sight before you can second guess yourself. Looking towards the battle, you see Marisa sharply ascend out of the way of your Charizard's flamethrower, looking down the barrel of her broomstick as it gives off a slight glow. Your Lucario corkscrews your Charizard away before the broom explodes with light, sending a beam of energy straight through the smoke below. "Fire blast!" Marisa commands, her Charizard pounding your Lighter further beneath it with a minisun's worth of flames as the two grunts behind get knocked out of the sky.

> As the laser fades away, you notice Myon reappearing directly in the path the laser took, already waving his hands. Marisa immediately looks away as she quickly fumbles open a pokeball, commanding, "Mismagius, do your stuff."

> Marisa's new pokemon looks a lot like a witch with it's hat-thing. You can see why her ego would have wanted it.

>Can he do invisible wall, aka stealth rock?

> You don't believe your haunter can make invisible barriers, no.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2013, 04:16:24 PM »
>Fly around evasively and pay as little attention to Myon as we can while still "supervising" him.
>That is, make Marisa keep her own track of our pokemon. When they land blows, cheer them on.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 04:18:31 PM by O4rfish »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #294 on: May 10, 2013, 09:58:12 PM »
>Fly around evasively and pay as little attention to Myon as we can while still "supervising" him.

> You decide to let your pokemon handle this battle, instead of getting directly involved. You wonder if supervision is truely possible on Myon when he gets on a roll, seeing as he can turn invisible at will and hypnotize others to do his bidding. Including yourself, come to think of it.

>That is, make Marisa keep her own track of our pokemon. When they land blows, cheer them on.

> Marisa jumps off her charizard, broomstick in hand as she commands, "Mismagius, suppression shadow balls!" Her mismagius forces your haunter to back off as he starts chucking attacks right back. While this occurs above, you notice Marisa dive bombing your Lucario and Charizard, her own Charizard right behind her. She holds her broom like a bat as she attempts to bash in your Lucario, who responds by seemingly missing with an aura sphere.

> The reason you say seemingly is that at the last second, the attack veers off into her attempted dodge path, knocking her sideways as her Charizard continues downward, grabbing your Charizard by it's shoulders. Your dragon blasts her dragon's face as both dragons and your Lucario enter into a downward tussle, none of them making any successful attempt to stay airborn.

> Marisa rubs her jaw as she straightens out her continued downward dive. You remember her mentioning that her primary target is Kogasa, not you. Which makes sense, Kogasa is the last person that she'd think holds her mini-hakkero, being the person who stole it in the first place.

>_

Mod note: RL caused delay.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:33:59 PM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #295 on: May 11, 2013, 01:17:34 AM »
If we are within range, detail aCrobat to attack Marisa, while having Dash and Fujiyama protect Kogasa.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #296 on: May 12, 2013, 03:49:23 AM »
If we are within range, detail aCrobat to attack Marisa, while having Dash and Fujiyama protect Kogasa.

> You chase after Marisa (Well, more like fall through the smokescreen), shouting commands to your grounded pokemon as loudly as you can. As you pass through the smog, you see that Satori has her briefcase and the Galactics have their "Mars".

> Fujiyama is forming a golemic shield between Marisa and Kogasa, while Dash is creating a semicircle of fire and your crobat flies towards Marisa. As your crobat makes to engage Marisa, you notice her broom is beginning to shine again, although this time she's riding on top of it instead of pointing it at anything in particular.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #297 on: May 12, 2013, 08:28:16 AM »
>At this point, we just have to watch and see what happens. Our pokemon all have their orders.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #298 on: May 16, 2013, 12:33:20 AM »
>At this point, we just have to watch and see what happens. Our pokemon all have their orders.

> "Ya, Blazing Star!" Marisa commands her broom, creating a blinding flash with a spell that can best be described as making herself "one with the laser". She blazes past your crobat knocking the bat right out of the way, straight through your ponyta's wall of fire, and right into your registeel, which digs itself into the ground as Marisa leaps above it's head, leaving her broom to continue forcing itself into your registeel with the power of a master spark as she makes to grab Kogasa's bag.

> You then see Kogasa's lifeless form nearly stab Marisa with three sicklish wings, as Kogasa(?) stands up and brushes herself off. Kogasa(?) is speaking with Marisa about something, taking her bag as the illusion around it fades and it the form of a trident. Although  you aren't sure how carefully Marisa could be listening when her hat was just set on fire by your Dash. You are also a little bit concerned that Marisa seems to have backed into your Fujiyama, still digging itself in against the broomspark.

>_
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:58:07 AM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #299 on: May 20, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »
>Now that the halftime show is over, perhaps we can get back to the legitimate business transaction.