Author Topic: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming  (Read 162908 times)

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
Re: Mokou Quest 3: Homecoming
« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2013, 06:43:54 AM »
I have an urgent need to join galactic but only for a moment and we backstab them. Hmm...

>Why not we mug her, pass her and her pokemon to Satori (Besides Palkia), and "join" Galactic ourselves in her steed? ...Nefarious, and would work perfectly with Nue... Hmm...

>"Since you have Palkia - Tell me, how'd you manage to get him? I was sure that he, Dialga and... Another... weren't supposed to be in our lands, Sinnoh or Gensokyo.  And to be captured by you, which I doubt really happened. Answer me honestly, this'll make my final decision easier."

>Stress "Another"

>Power down flames slightly, show consideration and actual thought processes.

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2013, 01:49:18 AM »
>Ask Kogasa what she thinks. Also retrieve our stuff from her.

> Kogasa is pretty far away, it would take a couple minutes to get her and you don't want to take an eye off the red-head. However, Nue still has her gap dragon copy.

> "Ditto can rend for another few minutes, but it has a terrible memory," Nue explains. "I give it five minutes or so before it's degrades too much. Pity though, I would love to be able to summon a loyal, hardworking Yukari on command."

> You do have a slight concern about how the red-head will react if Nue attempts to open a portal in front of her; she has made a point of being hard to blindside during your battle, skittishly aware of her surroundings at all times. You can see her doing something extreme if she thought you could be attempting a sneak attack.

>Actually ... shouldn't we let Yuks know about this dragon infringing her patent?

> Unless of course, it's Yukari infringing on this thing's patent. You snicker at the thought of Yukari claiming to have created the forgotten magics of an elder god while still insisting she's only 19.

I have an urgent need to join galactic but only for a moment and we backstab them. Hmm...

>Why not we mug her, pass her and her pokemon to Satori (Besides Palkia), and "join" Galactic ourselves in her steed? ...Nefarious, and would work perfectly with Nue... Hmm...

> You would have to convince her commanders that she made it out of this confrontation alive for that to work. From her conversations with them, you believe they have visual of the battlefield, either through the radio itself, some other knick-knack on her, or some vantage point among the vast mountains below. However, you can tell from the conversations the red-head has held that they undoubtedly have audio on the situation.

>"Since you have Palkia - Tell me, how'd you manage to get him? I was sure that he, Dialga and... Another... weren't supposed to be in our lands, Sinnoh or Gensokyo.  And to be captured by you, which I doubt really happened. Answer me honestly, this'll make my final decision easier."

>Stress "Another"

>Power down flames slightly, show consideration and actual thought processes.

> It is easy for you to power down your flames, you can barely maintain them as you heal off your drained magic and your wounds from your Charizard's back.

> The red head is startled by your statement. "How could you possibly know about Him? I mean, maybe, just maybe you could guess a Dialga is involved due to the legends about the gods of time and space, though I'm not saying it is, but He is forgotten, He has only been seen by 4 living human beings," she says, her voice rising. "And He is absolutely a trade secret!"

> Admittedly, you didn't play pokemon before this quest, but even you has seen boxes with Dialga's face on it. Although you are surprised you still remembered Dialga, considering you couldn't remember Palkia's name at all.

> Noting her overreaction to the first part of your question, you consider pressing her for an answer about only the latter two points. Namely, how she captured the Palkia and how Galactic ended up opening a gateway to Gensokyo.

>_
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:58:47 AM by capt. h »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #242 on: March 15, 2013, 05:23:13 AM »
>"...Well, I'm not human. No longer, anyway."

>"Moving on- How did you capture Palkia, with those sub-par pokemon, when compared to it?"

>"And how did Galactic manage to open up a gateway to Gensokyo - It stands as a major threat and I doubt the others would take it lightly."

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #243 on: March 15, 2013, 07:18:09 AM »
>"Nue, can I borrow your phone? I left mine with Kogasa."
>Call Yukari.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #244 on: March 16, 2013, 12:52:39 AM »
>"...Well, I'm not human. No longer, anyway."

> "Yes you are," Utsuho replies quickly.

> "She's pretty old to be calling herself human, don't you think?" Nue retorts.

> "I don't see what age has to do with it," Utsuho says. "I mean, she looks like a human, and she acts like a human, and I don't think she's a youkai. So she must be human!"

> "Well, she might be a youkai," Nue says.

> You are not a youkai. You are pretty sure you'd realize if you had become a youkai.

> Come to think of it, how does a human know if they've become a youkai? You wonder if it's just a matter of declaring yourself to be a youkai, or if there's some standard to youkai-ness.

>"Moving on- How did you capture Palkia, with those sub-par pokemon, when compared to it?"

> "Rude too. You know nothing about my other pokemon." the red-head huffs. "Or at least you had better not, because I'm getting really sick and tired of all these leaks."

>"And how did Galactic manage to open up a gateway to Gensokyo - It stands as a major threat and I doubt the others would take it lightly."

> "I told you, it was an accident," the red-head adds aggressively. "Look, I'm not big on telling you anything about our rituals, but if it'll get you off our backs, then fine. We summoned... things that lived elsewhere. The things tore apart space, we think the things shattered the reality between you and us. I don't get it either, and I don't know why they choose you guys. However, our science team thinks the wall may have already been weak and cracked before we started. We've tied the cannibals of the new world to the sudden glut of super-powered freaks in the days leading up to our summon." She takes on an accusatory tone as she asks, "Maybe you can explain how your cryomancers and wind-manipulators appeared in Sinnoh before we even began our ritual?"

>"Nue, can I borrow your phone? I left mine with Kogasa."
>Call Yukari.

> "Sure thing," Nue says.

> Are you sure you wish to speak with Yukari right now? If so, what would you like to discuss with her?

>_
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:47:43 AM by capt. h »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #245 on: March 16, 2013, 01:49:54 AM »
"Maybe you can explain how your cryomancers and wind-manipulators appeared in Sinnoh before we even began our ritual?"
> "That? That was Yukari fooling around again."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #246 on: March 16, 2013, 02:52:52 AM »
>Wait no, why tell them that when we can troll?
>"Your ritual probably screwed with time and tossed us back there given your track record of breaking stuff."
>Ring up Yukari.
>"Yo, did you know there's a dragon with your gap power?"

Meh, might as well go with her deal. If she keeps it, Satori owes us big. If she doesn't, we have slightly more justification in killing them all.
Granted, we're probably going to do that anyway........

And we need to catch Giratina, mindrape dragon's the only one awesome enough for Mokou. At least till we get Reshiram.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2013, 03:42:46 AM »
>Wait no, why tell them that when we can troll?
>"Your ritual probably screwed with time and tossed us back there given your track record of breaking stuff."
The way I see it, referring to someone who looks human but has the powers of a legendary gap dragon would be trolling them anyway.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #248 on: March 16, 2013, 03:59:02 AM »
>"Well, we have a friend who has the powers of Palkia. And you could say every power in imagination. Depending on how you interpret it, manipulation of borders."

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #249 on: March 16, 2013, 04:29:30 AM »
>Let's not tell them about Yukari until after we tell Yukari about them.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #250 on: March 16, 2013, 02:55:15 PM »
>Let's not tell them about Yukari until after we tell Yukari about them.

>Yes first we talk to Yukari then we say what I posted earlier to them. However chances are Yukari is already watching this going "ufufufufufuufufufu" or something along those lines

« Reply #251 on: March 16, 2013, 11:35:31 PM »
>Let's just not tell them about Yukari right now. If they go trying to capture her, it will fail, they'll keep bothering Gensokyo, and Yukari will find some way to make us miserable for it.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #252 on: March 17, 2013, 07:40:21 PM »
> You are undecided about whether you would like to tell them about Yukari at all. While you think you'd like to drop her name at some point, for now you are sure that you'd like to tell Yukari about them first. You aren't completely sure if you'd like to take Satori's deal yet, but you are leaning strongly in favor of it and you figure the sooner you make a decision, the more predictable the red-head will be.

(You realize that if possible, you would like two votes in favor of any decision involving stealing from or making a deal with the red-head.)

> "Hah, not possible," the red-head says.

> "Why not?" Nue asks. "You have Dialga, right."

> "Well because..." The redhead takes a second to mull, before tersely responding, "Nevermind."

>Ring up Yukari.

> You ring up Yukari on Nue's phone.

> "Um, hello Mokou, I'm kind of busy right now, is it urgent?"

>"Yo, did you know there's a dragon with your gap power?"

> "Wait, what." Yukari replies.

> "There is a dragon with your gap power," you respond back, slowly.

> The line remains silent for a minute, before Yukari says, "That is urgent." She then pauses again, adding, "Can you do anything about it?"

> While you ponder your answer to Yukari's question, you consider telling Yukari what the red-head told you about Galactic's reality shattering.

>_
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 08:25:50 PM by capt. h »

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #253 on: March 17, 2013, 08:56:17 PM »
>Tell her!
>"Well, this red-head girl seems to have it under her control, so it's only following her commands. What are you going to do about it?"
>Take Satori's deal. She's the one with the nuclear bird.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #254 on: March 17, 2013, 09:11:09 PM »
>"It's a pokemon, and I'm still figuring out the rules on them. Stealing it would be distasteful. Trading for it would take someone more persuasive than me. Killing it doesn't seem feasible."

And did Sattery even offer us a deal?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:14:11 PM by O4rfish »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #255 on: March 19, 2013, 02:00:32 AM »
>"It's a pokemon, and I'm still figuring out the rules on them. Stealing it would be distasteful. Trading for it would take someone more persuasive than me. Killing it doesn't seem feasible."

>"This red-head girl seems to have it under her control, so it's only following her commands. What are you going to do about it?"

> "Well..." she starts before immediately stalling. She then continues, "I didn't have any plans yet, but I suppose if you can steal it from them, you might as well do that. I don't much care for people having my powers."

> "I could try stealing it myself, but I'd rather not jump in blindly. I can't even track your phone's location; the GPS satellites are mostly being blocked out by the planet in the way, and when they do work what they're telling me doesn't make any sense."

>Take Satori's deal. She's the one with the nuclear bird.

> You yell to Utsuho that you're good with Satori's deal. Nue may still has some reservations, but you've decided you want to bring Satori into this.

> Yukari grumbles, "She's involved?" She then adds, "Well, she does get the best information, but she's painfully expensive about it."

And did Sattery even offer us a deal?

> Not yet, but that be mostly because you haven't had a chance to speak with her. You remember that Utsuho blurted her number out during the battle. It was 666... something something thirteen. Er... 666-2913? ...No, you think that's backwards, it was 666-9213.

> You don't think this will be a problem, from what you've seen of Satori. She already owes you a favor for keeping Utsuho's sun from falling, and she doesn't like to leave favors unreturned. Though you don't think this is the right mindset, it might be better to think in terms of would she mind helping you out with something or could she give you a spell, like that. You think you want to think friendly when she's around, keeps the atmosphere light even if you don't think it's possible to have a thought she finds distasteful.

> The obvious things you get out of helping her with her deal is pokemon with rare magic/abilities and access to the thoughts of everyone involved in this trade, it wouldn't be inappropriate to ask about either of those. You'd also like to ask her for some copies of the charms Utsuho uses to protect her belongings.

>_

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #256 on: March 22, 2013, 11:34:18 PM »
> "Does it feel hot to you?" Nue asks, fanning herself.

> You hadn't really noticed, but it does feel a lot warmer than it did a few minutes ago. It was 80 F a minute or two ago, now you're pretty sure it's 90. Not a big deal to you, but now that you think of it the difference is fairly significant. You see Nue crane her head back, you're also pretty sure you know the cause. You decide that you have more pressing issues than talking to Yukari, so you tell her goodbye and hang up.

> "Oh right, um, listen," Utusho says. "So technically, the sun is still falling. Nothing I can't fix, but I have to be pretty close, so it'd be kind of hard keeping what's-her-name alive-say, what IS your name?"

> "Let's say it's Mars," the red-head growls.

> "Right, Mars! So, Nue, if you could take this-hold on," Utsuho says, her outstretched hand tightening around the thing she was about to hand Nue as she holds her earpiece. "Uh-huh. She doesn't seem that-wait, she did what? Seriously?"

> Nue shrugs, giving you a smug grin. "Nice having your work appreciated."

> "Alright," Utsuho continues, handing you the thing, a small, decorated earpiece. You quickly recognize the squiggles running across the device as magical commands, most likely to protect it from the heat . "It's a spare earpiece, you know, just in case. I already dialed Satori for you."

> "You're pretty beat up," Utsuho observes. It's fairly obvious, considering you can barely sit up let alone stand. "I know it's much, but the thing is, I have to take care of the sun, and Nue is... not someone I want in control. So, we're going to the dropoff soon. Preferably now." Utsuho let's her point sink in for a second, then explains, "When we get there, I don't want to leave the sun unattended. So I want you to watch the hostage until Satori comes. Shouldn't be long, she may even be there before we are, but, you know, precautions." She then yells to her hostage, "Mars lady, going down, got it?"

> The woman grumbles, saying, "Fine. Get this over with already."

>_
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 04:17:13 AM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #257 on: March 23, 2013, 08:07:10 PM »
>Where are we going?

>"Psst Nue, Yukari says she'll owe you a favor if you steal that gap pokemon for her."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 01:47:39 AM by O4rfish »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #258 on: March 24, 2013, 10:56:16 PM »
>Where are we going?

> "See the peak about a quarter of a mile south? It's above the treeline and gives a great view of the surroundings, so there shouldn't be any surprises if we do it there."

>"Psst Nue, Yukari says she'll owe you a favor if you steal that gap pokemon for her."

> Nue smiles deviously, before saying, "Hold up, I have to get Kogasa."

> "That's a really bad idea," Utsuho says. "Satori wants you to be here, a little extra firepower. Can't you call her?"

> "That depends. Do you want her screwing everything up with a cheap surprise? She'll try something if I don't keep an eye on her."

>_
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:18:01 PM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #259 on: March 29, 2013, 12:45:11 AM »
>"Give her some credit. Maybe she'll cause a distraction for you."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #260 on: March 29, 2013, 06:05:50 AM »
>"Give her some credit. Maybe she'll cause a distraction for you."

> "Oh, I have no doubt she'll be distracting," Nue chuckles, low enough to keep Utsuho out of earshot as she takes back her phone. "But will she be the right distraction, now, that's a different matter."

> You know Nue's up to something by her good mood, which makes sense, because you just told her to start being up to something that would get you a yukari dragon. And you are sure that something involves picking up Kogasa. Now whether that something seems wise to you is a different matter. You don't think you can watch the redhead on your own, she probably has a few pokemon you haven't seen yet while your other pokemon are still with Kogasa. That, and you burnt yourself out metaphorically and quite literally firing phoenix sparks at the yukari dragon.

> Course, you might not have to watch her alone, with any luck. For all you know, Satori may already be there, and you're sure Nue can collect Kogasa pretty quickly if she wants to. Which she might not, depending on whatever it is she's planning.

> You consider your response to Nue without turning on the earpiece Utsuho gave you, you are pretty sure you don't want Satori hearing about this plan until it's already too late for her to stop it. You suppose it boils down to whether you think she should stay or go, and after deciding on that, whether there is anything specific you want to ask of Nue.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #261 on: April 01, 2013, 12:22:53 AM »
>"Cmon Nue. Either we trust Kogasa not to screw things up, or we trust this redhead not to attack again. I need you here right now."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #262 on: April 03, 2013, 02:40:37 AM »
>"Cmon Nue. Either we trust Kogasa not to screw things up, or we trust this redhead not to attack again. I need you here right now."

> "...Making things harder," Nue grumbles to the combined pressure of you and Utsuho. Truthfully, you think you made the right choice. After all, you know she's up to something, so it's probably best to not let her out of your sight.

> On the other hand, you'd probably convince yourself that the other decision was the right one had you made it.

> As Nue calls Kogasa, Utsuho begins guiding her captive downwards. The drop is only a minute or two away if you fall to it (admittedly not the best idea), and the 4 of you begin descending.

> "Look, if you have to enter with a bang, at least let it be on someone that won't shoot on sight," Nue says to her phone. "Anyway, middle peak, straight down. Bring our stuff and THEN you can do whatever you want to the guards, alright? ...Kogasa, that's a disgusting waste of peanut butter. Save it for Reimu."

> As Nue's conversation continues, and Utsuho keeps her control rod on the redhead, you realize you haven't put in that earpiece Utsuho gave you yet. You consider trying it out now while Utsuho's still here to explain any questions you may have. Although you'd just as soon eavesdrop on Nue.

>_
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 05:07:55 AM by capt. h »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #263 on: April 03, 2013, 04:08:13 AM »
> Multitask. Try out the earpiece while keeping an ear out for interesting snippets in Nue's conversation.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #264 on: April 05, 2013, 05:17:54 AM »
> Multitask. Try out the earpiece while keeping an ear out for interesting snippets in Nue's conversation.

> "We've been over this, umbrella liberation is never a good prank," Nue says as you put in you earpiece. You fiddle with it, for a bit before you find the on switch. As Nue explains, "Putting your umbrella in the middle of a street has never been surprising, ever," you speak into the mike.

> "Mokou?" Satori says.

> "Yep," you reply.

> "Good," she says. "You know what I want. Yes, it's a bother, and no, I'm not sure if the information we'll get is worth it. We may end up stealing that Palkia anyway, but first I need to know if these pokemon trainers will have problems with satori. Don't know what they'd be called there, but we could have a problem if they connect my third eye to some mythic creature. This is all speculative, but we just collided with a world from our fiction. Bizarre similarities are normal."

> Your Charizard lands on the mountain snow with a thud as you overhear Nue explaining to Kogasa that Guerrilla typhoon would not be fun, even with live gorillas. Admittedly, you aren't familiar with any Sinnoh legends concerning mind readers, but that's mostly because you haven't been reading up on the subject. It's pokemon, you aren't hear to appreciate the rich history and culture, you're here to force small woodland creatures to fight eachother with lightning and fire. Well technically, you've moved on to large dragons. And you see no downside with that.

> You suppose the Mars girl would know more about Sinnoh's legends than you, though you don't exactly want to hint you have a mind reader when you ask. At least not unless she would instantly recognize Satori anyway. It shouldn't be a problem.

>_

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #265 on: April 05, 2013, 11:49:29 PM »
>Ask Satori if she has some sort of nifty third-eye-hiding ability or something.
>If she does, maybe you guys can covertly get info from that Mars person's mind.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #266 on: April 06, 2013, 06:17:08 AM »
>Ask Satori if she has some sort of nifty third-eye-hiding ability or something.
>If she does, maybe you guys can covertly get info from that Mars person's mind.

> "I'm not my sister," Satori says. "This is more her kind of thing. Hey, you have Nue with you, can she handle it?"

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #267 on: April 06, 2013, 09:56:30 AM »
>"Well, there are pokemon that can do all kinds of things, right? I think they're just afraid of us because we can do things without pokemon, which seems a little hypocritical."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #268 on: April 07, 2013, 06:43:57 AM »
>"Well, there are pokemon that can do all kinds of things, right? I think they're just afraid of us because we can do things without pokemon, which seems a little hypocritical."

> "They summon Gensokyo, carry around small armies of youkai soldiers in their pocket, and they're afraid of us?" Satori deadpans. "I don't even... I mean... But..."

> "Nobody said humans were smart," you overhear Orin pipe in on the other end.

> "Well, yes, most humans fear youkais because of their power," Satori continues, "and sure everyone is a little afraid of Utsuho, but... they literally moved heaven and earth." The mind reader lets out an exacerbated sigh, before adding, "...You know what? If they want to be that way, then fine. Let them be afraid."

>_
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:43:19 PM by capt. h »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #269 on: April 14, 2013, 08:29:20 AM »
>Keep an eye on the alien. The Martian. Mars. Not Nue.