Author Topic: Touhou Dreams  (Read 50895 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: Touhou Dreams
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »
The "Touhou" part of this one was in the second half of what was otherwise a somewhat emotionally draining dream. The whole thing was in a dorm of some kind, and in the second half I remember seeing the SA cast (the actual cast, not cosplayers) posing in the hallway for a photo, though the only ones I recognized were Yamame, Parsee, and Yuugi. They asked me to join them, and I went to the right side of the group, kneeling down next to Parsee.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Zirene

• Resident Planeswalker
  • Want some?
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2012, 10:02:47 PM »
That doesn't sound like bad idea at all  :3 Though we'd probably need something GoogleDocs if we're gonna compile such a huge list of stories . . .  :)

I'd be more than happy to help and contribute.  I keep a dream journal and there are probably a few more Touhou dreams buried in there somewhere.  GoogleDocs would work great so we could all access it. 

« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2012, 04:56:25 AM »

One more thing to add about my dream of "the end of Touhou": In the dream I remember hearing about ZUN quitting Touhou through some TV news report. There were reporters everywhere at Comiket 82 interviewing ZUN, who looked pretty sad in the camera and was speaking with a very solemn tone, saying that he was never planning to return to Touhou. I remember cussing out loud and woke up, then realized that I was cussing in my sleep. Glad to know that I didn't wake anyone up with my loud cussing :X

I do not blame you, I would have done the same.

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2012, 06:39:44 PM »
I dreamed I was discussing a new Touhou game with a friend (probably a dream-boyfriend since the person in question was a male I didn't know).  I don't remember anything else besides that.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2012, 03:50:08 PM »
Meh, I dream about Touhou all the time, most of them being pleasant, but well, I can't remember most of them, so I will share one that stood out the most.

In the dream, I was having my lunch (Which I can't remember what is it exactly) while reading a book in the library. And Koishi was suddenly in front of me after I finished my book, she talked with me about something (Which I again, cannot remember. > <), however, I still recall that the discussion was pleasant, and when I left the library, I woke up.

I wonder if it's real or if my subconscious got screwed.  :V
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2012, 06:30:11 PM »
Forgot to post this for the longest time, but...

I entered a building that had a bright, large, well-maintained church feel to it without being a church. Byakuren greeted me with her standard bright, sagacious smile. She was dressed in a sweater and slacks and was several inches taller than I was. She gave me a warm hug and led me to another room that was filled with my classmates from high school. They were mostly my friends, but the crowd was made up from a bunch of others whose company I had enjoyed. Then we went outside into a bright spring day and walked along a walkway covered in blossom petals from the trees that lined it and we participated in a parade.

Thanks, Freud.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Tao-Sensei

• Wants to be Icemilk.
  • What do you mean I can't be Icemilk?
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2012, 08:09:09 PM »
My favorite dream involved me going into the basement with my Oboe and jamming out with the Prismriver Sisters. Although, the only songs I can remember playing were Phantom Ensemble (Pretty sure it was the PoFV Mix) and some sort of ensemble arrangement of the 3rd movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata where the melody bounces around to each person/poltergeist. Pretty fun.

Another one I remember was some sort of 6-way dogfight with Me, Marisa, Nitori, Patchouli, Kyouko and for some reason Daiyousei. Apparently Marisa stole a bookshelf from Patchy's library (Don't ask me how.) causing Patchouli to rampage and accidently Royal Flare one of Nitori's newest inventions, which caused some golf club Kyouko was testing out to melt (Yeah, I don't know.) and make her get angry. Then me and Daiyousei were caught in the middle. I don't remember the details of the fight, but i'm pretty sure me and Nitori teamed up and won eventually.

Yeah, I have pretty weird dreams.

Error

• No escape.
  • ˙ǝdɐɔsǝ oN
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »
Had a dream where Nue was sitting on a UFO, taunting a group of armed soldiers while they were firing at her.
Eventually she just threw an explosive UFO in their direction, and flew away laughing.

Don't remember much else, aside from the date being 12-21-2012, and getting a nosebleed at the very end.

« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2012, 07:02:46 PM »
I had possibly my strangest dream about 2 days ago, when I went to sleep after an hour and a half of straight up Koishi's Heart-Throbbing Adventure.........needless to say I had mixed feelings about the dream. I loved it because I was among the residents of Gensokyou, but quite the opposite when their figures warped and began torturing/murdering everything and everyone.

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
  • YEET!!!! *throws pollen puff*
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2012, 09:24:53 PM »
Oh god, my touhou dream made no sense whatsoever. It basically went like this:

(Lyrica sits at a table and is eating with a knife seemingly stabbed in the back of her mouth, Merlin and Cirno look at her with a shocked look in ther eyes.)
(Lyrica still tries to eat by shoving a fry in her mouth.)

Cirno: Oh god, she's still trying to eat?!
Merlin: Wow, she's crazy!
(Knife falls out of Lyrica's mouth, I guess the fry was stiff or something?)
Lyrica: I've beaten the fish.
Cirno: A fish... challenged you?
Lyrica: He was asking for it.
(A short pause, Lyrica points at Merlin and Cirno and laughs at both of them, but no sound came out of her mouth.)

tl;dr Completely random, something about getting a knife out of a mouth with a single French fry, and a strange as hell laugh. I don't know what the hell, maybe they were at Reimu burger.
Hi. Might put something new here but idk.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2012, 12:13:35 AM »
I once had a dream about Satori's non-spells and 1st spellcard, I can't remember much about the situation, but I do recall that I was preparing to dodge them... it was quite a vivid dream... erm...  :blush:

This was during the time when I was trying to 1cc SA Lunatic with all shottypes.  I guess grinding hard everyday has weird effects on my dreams, hehe.  :derp:
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Zero Izayoi

• DJ Amish, the Touhou DJ
  • Poet and daredevil, among other things... (x.o)
    • Floating Cactus
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2012, 12:43:13 AM »
I've become completely addicted to this thread because I can't remember the last time I had a dream and hope that somehow this might fill the gap.

Any suggestions on how to start dreaming again?

I can't write my dreams down right when I wake up because I can't remember anything, not even in the slightest, I've tried visualizing what I want to dream, I've tried telling myself that I'll remember my dream, and almost every commonly recommended method and no dice.

Halp?

PS: I know this isn't completely on topic, but you guys seem pretty knowledgeable on the subject.
Uh, what is this thread about? o_o
well it was simply quoting from The Book of Trolls but then Edible posted a Nick Cage mecha and it all went downhill from there

I yearn to fix this break in what never existed; to reclaim my reality, even though it isn't real...

« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2012, 04:13:51 AM »
I dreamed that I was Okuu and I Peta Flared a park for no reason.

Another dream I had I was in the back yard, there were a couple ravens in the other yard next door.  They responded to my raven calls and one of them repeated "Unyu" back to me, came over the wall, then turned into Okuu.  I shed tears of joy holding her.

« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2012, 06:24:57 PM »
There's one time where I was in some sort of a school with Cirno resting/sleeping on my shoulder , then I guess Daiyousei saw us and get all yandere and stabbed me, and then the dream totally segway into something else. I think my brain was telling me something.
The other time was me racing against Aya (guess who won).

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2012, 12:28:38 AM »
Had another one. Really freaky.
Four words. Yuuka. Plus. Leech Seed.
Add in some DBZ action into the mix, and it goes weird. (Delivering a Megaton Punch that sends even Yuuka flying off into the horizon? Holy shit man.)
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2012, 12:15:12 PM »
Yay another Touhou-related (somewhat) dream:

Dreamt about MoTK. Basically what TSO did to our avvys on his bday happened again (everyone's avvy changing randomly every time) - it was another admin's bday (didn't know who he was, never seen his account, he seemed like a new MoTK admin) and he decided to pull off a massive switcheroo on our avvys.

Touhou related part? Ammy was using my Yuyuko avvy! :V
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2012, 02:25:54 PM »
Hmm...

Well I can't quite tell if it was Touhou related but...

It starts out with me riding a bike down a hill, then the road on wich I was starts violently pulsating like some giant vein, throwing me off it making me fall downhill and end my course at the entance of a forest  and there I see two green eyes glaring at me from the shadows of the trees...I try to get closer, resulting of the person going away as I get closer...and then something clocks me on the topside of the head...

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2012, 08:32:53 PM »
I just had a rather vivid Touhou dream last night. It was so vivid that when I woke up, I said to myself: "Whoa."  :o
When I woke up the first thing I did was grab a sheet of paper and a pencil so I could write down what I remember.

It starts like this:

Komachi starts to sail across some random river on her boat, and Miko and her crew were sailing across the same river on Futo's boat. They tell me to follow, and at first I try to wade into the water, but I remembered that I was wearing jeans so I decided against it. One of them (I think it was Futo) yells at me to freeze the water. Somehow I freeze part of the river into a bridge with magics, but I mess up and accidentally make one side bigger than the other. After I spend a few minutes being a ⑨, I fix the bridge so that its even and I cross the river. On the other side of the bridge, Miko and her crew start to head off through some pathways through the woods. Komachi disappeared, and I start to follow Miko's crew. I was walking next to Futo and I started to talk to her. The conversation went something like this:

Futo: So how come you're following us? I thought you didn't like us?
Me: What are you talking about? That's nonsense, I think you guys are awesome.

(a minor detail, but while we were talking, Futo was holding a cellphone behind her back and was texting... yeah I don't understand that)

Futo goes quiet after that and we continue walking. At some point, some of my friends in real life (as well as Koakuma) join us and we make it to some sort of cathedral-looking building. Everyone sits at the front and Miko stands in front of everyone and announces that we were in the Divine Spirit Mausoleum. (Again, what?) Miko waves the stick that she carries and all the curtains open, lighting the place up. Someone in the group mutters, "Damn curtains." Everyone gets their lunches out and starts eating while Bad Apple plays in the background. I whisper to Koakuma, "This place isn't so creepy now that the creepy music from earlier isn't playing." (the creepy music would be a distorted version of Legend of the Great Gods). Suddenly the curtains magically shut themselves and everything becomes dark. All my friends start to panic, but for some reason, I keep my cool. Futo disappeared and then the place starts being haunted or something. (I don't remember this part really well) I think I used some magic or whatever to stop the haunting, and when I did that, Futo reappeared. She was on her knees and staring at the floor, looking depressed. She got to her feet and ran away without saying anything to the rest of us.

Miko apparently figured out what happened really fast, so she explained what was going on. She explained to everyone that Futo was somehow possessed by an evil force and started to cause trouble. Then I ask her why Futo ran away, and Miko thinks for a second.

(Then my dream gets some kind of a flashback sequence that shows Futo and Miko talking)

Miko explained to everyone that Futo was worried that something might go wrong at the cathedral-building, so she made a fail-safe using her feng shui powers. Apparently it did something when you ate it. (I don't really know what the fail-safe thing was... it just looked round and purple)

I asked Miko what the fail-safe did, and she sends me this look that said, "It will kill you." So whilst I stare with a shocked look on my face, Miko faces everyone in the crowd and says, "Mount your horses everyone. We're going on a rescue mission."

And then I woke up. I like to think that everyone got on some horses and went on an epic adventure and rescued Futo.

A few other notes that I don't think I explained.
> I think I was some kind of a wolf youkai in the dream, because in the flashback sequence, Futo was muttering stuff like "Her tail is so fluffy," and I think she was talking about me. Its the only way to explain why I can do magic in the dream.  :wat:
> Tojiko was there, but she didn't have much of a role.
> I also think that I had another dream right before this one and it took place in the cathedral. I can't remember it though.
> I really want to have a sequel dream.

Touhou Normal 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD
Touhou Hard Progress - EoSD: Stage 6, PCB: Stage 4, IN: Stage 4, MoF: Stage 4, SA: Stage 3, UFO: Stage 2, TD: Stage 4
Touhou Lunatic Progress - Haha, funny.

"I NEED MORE PRACTICE!!!" - Me at 2 in the morning

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2012, 01:35:00 AM »
Well it has been a long time since the last Touhou dream came up, but I've been surprised with a bunch of them recently. Here are some from last night...

1. Playing Touhou 14. Apparently it looks like a sequel to Subterranean Animism. The second stage theme song was oddly similar to Maiden's Capriccio ~ Dream Battle (oh indeed it was a battle in a dream :3) and I can only remember the English part of the title: Subterranean Chaos. I don't remember the details about the stage midbosses and bosses.

2. Watching Persona 4 Animation in my dream and Reimu comes in humming to her theme song. She recommends me watching another anime and hands over her USB to me. It was some kind of gruesome anime about how kids in school can use magic and are controlled by one bully in school. I was about to tell Reimu I didn't like the show... and that's pretty much where the dream ended.

3. Playing Touhou 14 AGAIN (a separate dream from #1). Dodging danmaku from what apparently looks like Yamame and Parsee together, and firing lasers at me. Weird thing was, the hitbox of the bosses were marked, just like the focused movement of Reimu. At one point, I got hit by like 4 lasers and I didn't die. "Oh ho! Another one going up on Lucky Touhou Dodges thread tonight!" I said to myself, and the dream ended...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:51:40 AM by DeltaSierra4 »
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2012, 02:07:59 AM »
Any suggestions on how to start dreaming again?
My two cents on this - the most important thing to do is to sleep.

Aside from that, I find dreams easier to remember when I wake up early in the morning and go back to sleep immediately afterwards. By "immediately" I mean, "while still groggy". Not "after getting a glass of water and slipping back under the covers". You're already too awake by then.

Can't say I've ever had any Touhou-related dreams, really. But I do tend to skip the most important step a lot (yes, I brought that up for a reason :) ) so I don't dream all that often. A few sporadic hour-long naps through the day are hardly enough to really hit REM sleep. >_>

Latest works
The Strongest

Cor

« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2012, 08:07:39 AM »
I had this odd dream a few night ago, where I was first playing Touhou Pocket Wars 2nd in the dream, waking up every few minutes 'cause I got shocked at getting my ass handed to me, then I was at my friend's place, and Parsee was there and I was hugging her when she cried, and suddenly I was in high school, running away from teachers who were touhous and shooting at me for skipping class.

Trippin' balls man.

Nihilanth

• Nyaa~ like no tomorrow.
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2012, 02:51:11 PM »
Just recently had two dreams about Touhou. Both were NSFW . .  :blush: One with Utsuho, and another with Cirno (Out of all people.)

Does this mean I need psychological help?  :ohdear:

Zirene

• Resident Planeswalker
  • Want some?
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2012, 02:29:11 PM »
I had another Touhou dream where Shizuha and Minoriko were playable characters in a fighting game that kind of looked like Marvel vs Capcom.  They had the sprites from MoF which was kind of weird since the other characters had bigger sprites. 

« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2012, 02:59:53 PM »
I dreamed that Youmu came up to me, then all of a sudden we abuse Yukkuri's.

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2012, 01:32:02 AM »
Had yet another Touhou dream involving Reimu...

Largely divided into two parts - the NSFW part and the non-NSFW part.

Long story short, the NSFW part is basically me being abusive to Reimu.
Now, onto the non-NSFW part. A supine Reimu grins at me and asks me "I hear that you really really hate me in the real world. Is that true?" Well, it's true that I have some degree of dislike towards her, so I replied "Yeah, well I don't really like you..." and she grins at me silently like Yuyuko does often, and I kept going on "Well, I do dislike you but let's just put that aside for now." Reimu agrees to that, and she changes to a sitting position, when the dream ended there abruptly.

« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »
Recently I had a dream that vaguely involved about a dozen Touhous but the only two I can remember being in there for sure were Meiling and Sakuya. The group split into teams to look for something and I ended up partnered with Sakuya (who was in her TouhouVania outfit). We were walking down a road in a sparse forest and encountering monsters along the way. I ended up with a quarterstaff and vividly remember bashing gnolls over the head with it while Sakuya ran around doing her thing. A few party members later (whom I can't remember), about a dozen more random encounters and I just woke up... It was a pretty fun dream. Ironically came after reading this thread and thinking "Damn it, I don't have enough Touhou dreams!"

Error

• No escape.
  • ˙ǝdɐɔsǝ oN
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2012, 08:59:13 PM »
I had a dream where I was eating a human.
It was delicious.

Then I got hit by a strange paper charm.
I saw Reimu's silhouette but the dream ended there thanks to a passing street cleaner.

First Touhou dream in about 3 months...what a tease...

redlakitu

« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2012, 04:32:42 PM »
My latest Touhou dream involved a secret, ninth character in Imperishable Night. It was... a giraffe. A giant, cartoonish giraffe. Its hitbox was as big as its sprite when unfocused. The giraffe had twin, widely spread lasers as its shot; the lasers went straight when unfocused and exhibited completely unpredictable behavior when focused. All in all, still an easier character to use than solo Alice.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2012, 05:20:22 PM »
wat

« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2012, 05:21:54 PM »
What kind of bombs would a giraffe use I wonder... Probably would extend its neck and swing it around the screen...