Author Topic: Team Fortress 64  (Read 222854 times)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: Team Fortress 64
« Reply #750 on: May 05, 2012, 02:39:45 PM »
I traded a Bill's I got a while back for one. I probably got the raw end of the deal, but I don't care. The Widowmaker is cool and I was never going to wear the Bill's anyway.

« Reply #751 on: May 05, 2012, 09:35:51 PM »
...and I was never going to wear the Bill's anyway.
:ohdear: You don't like the bills?

But yes, you lost about 3 or so keys in that deal.

I just wish we could find downloads for TF2ware. It'd be hilarious with the MotK group

Unless you guys wanna hijack a server with it later :V
Freyband and I go to one occasionally. Could probably use that one, it's usually not full.

This is a great spray.
Glorious.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #752 on: May 06, 2012, 12:44:48 AM »
Well, at the time, the going price was around 9 keys for a S. Widowmaker, so it seemed fair enough at the time.

And it's not like I don't like the Bill's, but I got enough hats as it is, and a bunch of people that play on my regular server also have one.

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #753 on: May 09, 2012, 12:34:22 AM »
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #754 on: May 09, 2012, 12:39:34 AM »
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #755 on: May 09, 2012, 12:58:33 AM »
MotK team carries are best team carries.  :V
Carryan teams liek a bawss
Commented on Strafe's version of this screenshot already.

But indeed, we seem to be carrying teams when we pubstomp. Combined with feedback from others about our playerbase's ability, I think we can conclude that we're sigificantly better than the usual pubbies. ;)
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #756 on: May 09, 2012, 01:09:16 AM »
Time for an ESEA-O/lolUGC1 team to get buttdestroyed because we don't have any comp experience/way to communicate2? :V

1 it's actually the time to register for UGC summer, BTW
2 besides this potential mumble server I'm planning on renting for other reasons

« Reply #757 on: May 09, 2012, 04:05:04 AM »
But indeed, we seem to be carrying teams when we pubstomp. Combined with feedback from others about our playerbase's ability, I think we can conclude that we're sigificantly better than the usual pubbies. ;)

Because we are not weeaboos in this game. We actually WANT to get better, not to just play it for enjoyment.

Once I joined in a local Pub server and carried my team with over 70 points as Pyro. My second place had 20 points.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #758 on: May 09, 2012, 03:07:18 PM »
Yeah, what started as another fun Kritz Widowmaker experiment suddenly turned into.... "Fuck these guys. Fuck that Spy. Fuck those Scouts.  RAEG >:(" They had us pinned back at our base for quite a while, but we had a massive turnaround at the end.  Honestly, it felt that Exuro, Shady and I were the only ones trying to win the match. It was funny, since we were only using voice chat amongst ourselves via Steam, instead of in the game. Good thing too, since we weren't exactly saying nice things about our teammates either.. :V

Also, I'd like to credit our turnaround to the point when Shady stopped camping their teleporter and finally destroyed the damn thing. :getdown:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 03:11:23 PM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #759 on: May 09, 2012, 07:17:07 PM »
On an unrelated note, my FF2 bosses are now public.
Bad command or file name

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #760 on: May 09, 2012, 07:56:02 PM »
Also, I'd like to credit our turnaround to the point when Shady stopped camping their teleporter and finally destroyed the damn thing. :getdown:
I never got a chance to camp it and by the time i had one you guys were all like "jad;flkkjfa;lkjfl;kajsdfkja;lk DESTROY IT" :V
2lazy2createbettersig

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #761 on: May 09, 2012, 08:32:21 PM »
Honestly camping a teleporter is generally better until you think they'll discover you soon or they do discover you, because not only will it give you free kills, but the idiots who keep taking the teleporter will keep getting killed, giving you guys time to move up as they keep getting killed in one spot :V

« Reply #762 on: May 09, 2012, 09:56:58 PM »
We need to make a group dedicated to pubstompin' an' teamstackin'.

Not that we don't do that already.

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #763 on: May 10, 2012, 12:52:26 AM »
1:10-1:15 on the screen of the person in the lower right is a magical moving image of a certain burny variety! To put it bluntly, meet the pyro cameo in the PTI video for portal 2  :derp:
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

« Reply #764 on: May 10, 2012, 01:29:31 AM »
Welp. I read your statement as "a certain bunny variety", so I watched that entire video looking for Reisen. Yup. Whoops :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #765 on: May 10, 2012, 03:30:40 AM »
To put it bluntly, meet the pyro cameo in the PTI video for portal 2  :derp:
Noticed it...absolutely not surprising Valve did this. :V
Bad command or file name

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #766 on: May 10, 2012, 03:59:56 AM »
1:10-1:15 on the screen of the person in the lower right is a magical moving image of a certain burny variety! To put it bluntly, meet the pyro cameo in the PTI video for portal 2  :derp:
Should read reddit more.  They pulled off some CSI shit there:

EDIT: Linking because of image size.  Was larger than I thought.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 04:02:43 AM by Barrakketh »
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Freyband

• Mpph! Mmm, mm mmm mph mmm!
« Reply #767 on: May 10, 2012, 10:55:25 PM »
Should read reddit more.
Pffft. Reddit  :V (never even been on there)
Tf2 updated today adding 3 more hats and more bug fixes (and the newest UGC medals). Nothing too new or interesting I'd say :/
Steam - freyband
Xbox Live - Zeroxes
My TF2 Backpack

« Reply #768 on: May 10, 2012, 11:30:24 PM »
I wonder if the new Mann Co. Store Package can be used to upgrade someone to premium.

« Reply #769 on: May 10, 2012, 11:39:13 PM »
Pffft. Reddit  :V (never even been on there)
Reddit - "Gotta go slow"

I wonder if the new Mann Co. Store Package can be used to upgrade someone to premium.
What do you mean? The packages, according to the wiki, are awarded after a 20 dollar purchase. It's tradable, but I don't see how it would upgrade someone. You can already do bugged trades with free-to-plays, and they don't get upgraded from that.

« Reply #770 on: May 11, 2012, 02:10:17 AM »
If I remember correctly, you just need to buy something at the store to get upgraded to premium. The wiki has a tutorial video that has a user buying a cheap paint can (Australium Gold for $0.99). If you don't plan on purchasing things regularly, then I'd suggest getting something that you can't really obtain via normal drops: Rocket Jumper, Sticky Jumper, or maybe a key if you want to crack open a crate..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:18:59 AM by Dr.Strafe »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #771 on: May 11, 2012, 04:54:07 AM »
If I remember correctly, you just need to buy something at the store to get upgraded to premium. The wiki has a tutorial video that has a user buying a cheap paint can (Australium Gold for $0.99). If you don't plan on purchasing things regularly, then I'd suggest getting something that you can't really obtain via normal drops: Rocket Jumper, Sticky Jumper, or maybe a key if you want to crack open a crate..
Just buy $5 worth of junk, since that's the minimum you can transfer to your Steam Wallet.  Two keys are almost enough.

(Unless you already have money in your Steam Wallet.)

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #772 on: May 11, 2012, 01:35:01 PM »
buy gift wrap
buy gift wrap
buy gift wrap

I don't know how much I can overstate this but do it. It's 50 cents cheaper (which can add up in bulk) but worth at least a key (and maybe a little more more if you're willing to push it) in the market.

For $10, you can get:
- 4 keys
- 5 wrap (which you can sell to make 5 keys)

Sure, some may see it as profiteering, but not enough people have taken notice yet to really matter.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #773 on: May 11, 2012, 04:02:37 PM »
Gift wrap works very well for trades, I agree. Unless you want to gamble a bit and open a few crates for yourself, but even then you can trade some wrap for keys.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #774 on: May 11, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »
buy gift wrap
buy gift wrap
buy gift wrap

I don't know how much I can overstate this but do it. It's 50 cents cheaper (which can add up in bulk) but worth at least a key (and maybe a little more more if you're willing to push it) in the market.

For $10, you can get:
- 4 keys
- 5 wrap (which you can sell to make 5 keys)

Sure, some may see it as profiteering, but not enough people have taken notice yet to really matter.
...Or you can buy keys from traders and get approximately 7 keys for 10 dollars. Plenty of people sell keys around $1.40 each.

« Reply #775 on: May 11, 2012, 10:30:56 PM »
Not everyone has a credit card or lives in US guys. Poor people like me will probably never get premium.

BTW I'm selling gift wrap for a key -> http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/1674336 Done.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 12:10:21 AM by Master Bigode »

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #776 on: May 12, 2012, 02:44:22 AM »
Not everyone has a credit card or lives in US guys. Poor people like me will probably never get premium.
I don't see how you can function without a debit card unless you're an adolescent.  If you're capable of purchasing games on Steam, you can get a premium account.

And you could still probably buy a pre-paid Visa/MasterCard to get it that way.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #777 on: May 12, 2012, 06:08:26 AM »
Playing on RUGC East.

Only scout on my team.

Other team has 2 scouts from ESEA-I (professional) teams.

On Gullywash.

I got destroyed.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #778 on: May 12, 2012, 05:00:48 PM »
So I started using the Ambassador and I must say.

I think I'm in love.

I like how it feels so much more accurate than the Enforcer (from the slower firing rate that helps), and headshots aren't as hard as I thought, that or I'm better at aiming apparently :V

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #779 on: May 12, 2012, 07:29:18 PM »
AM I seeing right? We now have strange shortstop? Just because I got myself some scattergun strange. You do love to fuck with me, Valve.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile