Author Topic: Daily Touhou Best Topic Round 2 Part...2  (Read 185765 times)

Seppo Hovi

Re: Daily Touhou Best Topic Round 2 Part...2
« Reply #600 on: April 08, 2012, 10:27:32 AM »
Eirin's midboss noncard is enough bullshit to win the vote for survival alone, even while it is fully static. So my first vote probably goes for midboss Eirin, 6a, since, while you can cheese Earth in a Pot, and learn the noncard, you still mess it up every now and then.

Sakuya follows close after, since Eternal meek can be bullshit when scoring and the noncard is really wall-happy.

Scorewise, I'm not sure. UFO might be hard, but I've never really tried it, Orin just gets bombed and you usually pick 6B if you go for score in IN. Granted, Eternal meek safespot is not funny at all, but I'm unsure if Youmu is harder when scoring or not. At least on the lower difficulties, where I've tried it, the slash-grazing is no mean feat to pull off consistently. But then again, you COULD just sit in the safespots, but that would not be fun at all, would it? Maybe Youmu or Sakuya, if we're talking about scoring. - But since I haven't really tried scoring on lunatic and especially not the cool grazing tricks that late into the game, I might just as well be wrong.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #601 on: April 08, 2012, 02:37:20 PM »
Funny, most people bitch about her nonspell. I personally think those spells are hard to cheese, actually, while the nonspell is remotely simple. The thing that might piss you off is the fact that it's her first instance of Apollo 13, also known as The Card that Everyone Hates.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #602 on: April 08, 2012, 02:41:35 PM »
On lunatic the pattern is so fast i can't even follow it on the nonspell.

« Reply #603 on: April 08, 2012, 02:49:11 PM »
I don't really know. I would say IN because I'm a dick at the non-spells there but at the same time there is Eternal Meek which doesn't really look too hard to me but I don't actually play the game so I don't know if there is something special that makes it harder than it looks.

Well... I'll just go with EoSD.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #604 on: April 08, 2012, 03:36:30 PM »
I don't really know. I would say IN because I'm a dick at the non-spells there but at the same time there is Eternal Meek which doesn't really look too hard to me but I don't actually play the game so I don't know if there is something special that makes it harder than it looks.

Well... I'll just go with EoSD.

Eternal Meek's stupid but if you can read really well, it's an easy capture.

Enjoy.

Zil

« Reply #605 on: April 08, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »
Eirin's nonspell is static guys. :V
Spoiler:
So is Apollo 13.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #606 on: April 08, 2012, 04:38:21 PM »
Spoiler:
So is Apollo 13.
That doesn't make them any easier.
Not on lunatic.  It can and will throw huge high-speed walls at you.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #607 on: April 08, 2012, 04:52:43 PM »
Spoiler:
So is Apollo 13.
Both are also randomly oriented, Apollo 13 doubly so for each wave. If the nonspell can still trip up me of all people, that's certainly saying something about its difficulty.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #608 on: April 08, 2012, 05:04:55 PM »
It's a tossup between eternal meek and Eirin's nonspell for me.  I think I'll give this one to Sakuya though.

« Reply #609 on: April 08, 2012, 05:12:52 PM »

How is it stupid then?

« Reply #610 on: April 08, 2012, 06:54:31 PM »
I would have said Eirin 6A a week ago without hesitation, but I've learned how to do Earth in a Pot which was previously impossible for me so it's not as bad. Her nonspell is still pretty hard but I'm going to give it to Sakuya now. I hate you, Eternal Meek . Oh so much.

Spoiler:
also I've been going through old questions and the fact that nobody mentioned IN Remilia for favorite shot types made me cry  :V
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:34:11 PM by Star King »

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #611 on: April 09, 2012, 07:12:19 AM »
Any reason why we can't reuse some questions in topics like these? The first topic is almost 2? years old, I'm sure there are a lot of new people like me, and even the people who were there before might have changed their opinions.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #612 on: April 09, 2012, 12:29:40 PM »
I've got a question (and I waited 2 days so no I'm not cutting it short  :V)
What is your favorite "death fairy"?

For me, I'm going to go with the one right at the end of Mountain of Faith Stage 6 on lunatic.  It's fast-paced, almost frantic and different everytime, but at the same time very rarely does the pattern throw something at me I can't do.

Zil

« Reply #613 on: April 09, 2012, 12:32:13 PM »
Lily in PoFV.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #614 on: April 09, 2012, 12:41:42 PM »
EoSD extra pre-Patchy one is everyone's favourite nameless fairy :V
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Makai Butterfly

• Superhuman
  • A world of dharma filled with light
« Reply #615 on: April 09, 2012, 01:04:33 PM »
The Pre-Mokou fairy in IN.  Yeah, it can be easily-cheesed, but I still love that it can cover the entire screen with bullets in seconds and keep it that way.  If you don't know the pattern or the safespots, it could be panic-inducing.

« Reply #616 on: April 09, 2012, 01:34:26 PM »
Could the final part of TD Stage 5's fairies be considered a Death Fairy? Or perhabs a Death Fairy Squad? Because that stuff is pretty awesome. If no, then I guess it's probably the one from MoF Stage 6. That one is cool and it can sometimes be challenging when it's bullets mixes themselves up with the final few bullets from the stage.

Any reason why we can't reuse some questions in topics like these? The first topic is almost 2? years old, I'm sure there are a lot of new people like me, and even the people who were there before might have changed their opinions.

No reason at all.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #617 on: April 09, 2012, 03:37:11 PM »
I happen to enjoy the BoWaP fairies in SA Stage 6.
But I'm certain I'm the only one.

« Reply #618 on: April 09, 2012, 06:18:36 PM »
Why? BoWaP is a cool pattern. I'm sure you're not the only one.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #619 on: April 09, 2012, 06:48:34 PM »
Imperishable Night Extra's death fairy right before Mokou. Somehow it's harder than half of Mokou's library if not more if you don't dick around and circle around it or sit in the corner like a cheap dumbass that can't spare a bomb.

Not on lunatic.  It can and will throw huge high-speed walls at you.
How is it stupid then?

To I Have No Name:
but if you can read really well, it's an easy capture.

Translation: Walls can be dodged around. It's possible.

To Zengeku:
Because it has no patterns and will rape your hitbox with blue orb bullets if you aren't careful.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:51:59 PM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #620 on: April 09, 2012, 06:51:53 PM »
Oh c'mon the IN Extra death fairy is static and annoying.

The EoSD Extra death fairy is not static but annoying.

The PCB Stage 4 death fairy is terrible.

Honestly most of them are pretty bad. MoF's Stage 6, being the only real 'fun' pattern, is the easy winner here.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #621 on: April 09, 2012, 06:53:11 PM »
The PCB Stage 4 death fairy is terrible.

If you're talking about the midboss, I can see what you mean but she's not that bad.

If you're talking about the end, she's even easier than Lily White.

Quote from: BT
I don't like bombing the IN Extra Death Fairy so I'm going to whine about it being annoying and static as if I never EVER make it there with bombs or even try to memorize it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:56:52 PM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #622 on: April 09, 2012, 06:54:32 PM »
but death fairies are generally understood as the between of stage popcorn and midbosses

lily white gets a healthbar

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #623 on: April 09, 2012, 06:55:01 PM »
Somehow it's harder than half of Mokou's library if not more if you don't dick around and circle around it or sit in the corner like a cheap dumbass that can't spare a bomb.
Or memorize it. :V

Thinking on it, the MoF Stage 6 death-fairy is my answer too.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #624 on: April 09, 2012, 06:57:45 PM »
Well, now that I think about it, it ties between Pre-Mokou fairy, Pre-Prismriver fairy, and Pre-Utsuho fairies.

Enjoy.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #625 on: April 09, 2012, 07:01:29 PM »
My favorite is Cherry, the one before the Prismriver Sisters. Not overly difficult, but also pretty and aesthetic.

...What? Surely I'm not the only one who's named them. D:
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #626 on: April 09, 2012, 07:02:31 PM »
My favorite is Cherry, the one before the Prismriver Sisters. Not overly difficult, but also pretty and aesthetic.

I call her "buttface with bomb resistance"

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #627 on: April 09, 2012, 07:08:39 PM »
Esu I don't know what you're talking about since Lily is actually easier. Until you memorize the death fairy I guess but why would you want to do that anyway?

Maybe you're not referring to Lunatic?

And yes, the IN death fairy is bad for the same reasons. This isn't the "hardest death fairy" question but the "best death fairy" question. She's not the best because memorizing sucks and wasting a bomb because a pattern needs to be memorized is even worse.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #628 on: April 09, 2012, 09:57:35 PM »
Tie between pre-Utsuho and pre-Kanako fairies, for actually being fun.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #629 on: April 09, 2012, 11:12:47 PM »

Indeed you are. Congratulations on being the biggest nerd of them all.  :V

To Zengeku:
Because it has no patterns and will rape your hitbox with blue orb bullets if you aren't careful.

Then be careful? Is the attack stupid because there isn't any pattern to it? You are meant to dodge it by looking at the bullets and moving around them. If she throws a 'wall' at you then you move around said wall. It's not easy but i'm convinced that it can be done consistently if you are skilled enough.