Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?  (Read 224020 times)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?
« Reply #330 on: December 17, 2011, 12:35:54 AM »
Awesome job.

Spoiler:
Ketsui awaits!
Let's fight.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #331 on: December 17, 2011, 12:37:27 AM »
Now you just need to get perfect runs of the whole game

Ha ha, that would be an exercise in futility. Even if you somehow did convince me to take up that challenge, I can't even remember which stages I have and have not done that on. :P And anyway, this is far more rewarding than perfecting stage and boss could ever be for me.

And thanks. :) It feels mighty satisfying to finally do this.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #332 on: December 17, 2011, 12:42:34 AM »
I didn't mean whole stages, I meant a full perfect run of all the games  >:D

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #333 on: December 17, 2011, 03:32:10 AM »
Snake Eats the Croaking Frog perfect timeout!
because it can't hurt to practice after failing Jade of the Horrid River, again.

« Reply #334 on: December 17, 2011, 08:53:53 AM »
I uploaded the final part of my Double Spoiler Ultra series so i felt like posting it here. There is a large amount of scenes in Double Spoiler Ultra that are ridiculously impossible. Those of you having difficulties with regular Double Spoiler; wait till' you see this.

I utilize tool assistance to achieve super human dodging so it probably looks cool to boot.

Impossible Stuff

Oh and;
Awesome job.
Spoiler:
Ketsui awaits!

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #335 on: December 17, 2011, 09:08:28 AM »

I...HAVE...PERFECTED...EVERY BOSS. IN THE SERIES. ON LUNATIC.

... <3 I love you all.
Holy divine spirits! That's what i call ACCOMPLISHMENT! What will be your next goal?
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #336 on: December 17, 2011, 09:19:14 AM »
I...HAVE...PERFECTED...EVERY BOSS. IN THE SERIES. ON LUNATIC.
So....now what? :S 

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #337 on: December 17, 2011, 11:14:20 AM »
Eh..... I was this close to getting my first Hard 1cc. Got to Sakuya with five lives, ended with two lives and three clipdeaths. I bomb Mid-Sakuya, get to Remi with 2L3B, die on her opener (really???) and proceed to do well, dying on god art but using bombs effectively.

Got to Scarlet Gensokyo with 0L1B. Died halfway without using the bomb. :V

« Reply #338 on: December 17, 2011, 12:00:07 PM »
Congratulations Donut!  But really, what is your next goal?

Quote from: KlLLAH573
You probably already know this, but the "bubble" bullets and the "metal fatigue" bullets have different hitboxes than in the rest of the Touhou series.
Aware of that, maybe I'm misjudging the speed of the bullets for some reason? Who knows.
Quote from: BT
get to Remi with 2L3B, die on her opener
And another victim: we are all a big family.   Nearly there, keep going, same happened to me a bunch of times. All the more satisfying when it's over.

UFO hard, had 7 extra lives in stock when I reached Shou (I count that as a personal accomplishment), lost 2 lives there but ... wow, Byakuren tore me apart. Sure, I've only met her once before this and I refuse to watch a replay of her bossfight - I'd rather see it for myself first - but this was on another level (and apparently I thought wasting bombs is a good idea).
At least it was her that kicked my ass and not Shou, variety is important after all.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 12:45:44 PM by qno2 »

« Reply #339 on: December 17, 2011, 12:02:24 PM »
Just had a fantastic SA Extra run. Even if on paper there's nothing that really stands out about it, I'm really happy with it, just because I felt like I was genuinely at my best. Didn't capture Rorschach, but felt like I made some of my best dodges ever there. Didn't capture Genetics, but holy crap looking at this replay I make it look easy. Etc, etc.

The replay in question.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #340 on: December 17, 2011, 02:53:49 PM »
@ Nintendonut: Congratulations, seriously! Late, but just wanted to confirm that it was the usual credits screen you posted there.

Which I managed to do, because

UFO Lunatic 1CC with Reimu-A!

I swear, I'm so happy right now, so incredibly happy. Incredible finish, the only finish that could have been acceptable after all the time and effort I put into this. When I realized I had actually cleared the game, I started screaming, I seriously couldn't stop. 113 hours spent on Reimu-A, of which I spent maybe 20 on non-Lunatic modes. I could hardly get myself to play because all those losses kind of blew. The run itself wasn't even particularly outstanding, but goddamnit, the finish was the ultimate victory over all my fears and everything else I had to overcome to arrive at the conclusion that there just ain't no cheap tricks around Byakuren's last Spellcard that can actually make use of resources.

Posting a replay later on, right now I just want to catch on with everything I've left behind because I let this one 1CC occupy my mind above everything else. My room needs some cleaning, as do I.

But damn, I'm happy! I have finally beaten Byakuren at the highest difficulty. Been wanting to do that for ages since she's my favourite character and all.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 02:59:16 PM by Lepetit89 »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #341 on: December 17, 2011, 05:42:55 PM »
UFO Lunatic 1CC with Reimu-A!

Ooh, congratulations! UFO lunatic is one of the best ones to beat. Savor that victory. :>

So, what's next?

Although my brain is quickly coming up with various ridiculous goals that would be neither fun nor rewarding, I think I'm going to put my foot down and say this is where I stop. ^_^

You see, I did all this as a sort of self-mastery. Perfecting bosses was a horribly time-consuming practice, and was degrading to my mental state. I did all this to free myself from those pains of obsession. Does that mean I'm done with Touhou? Not by a long shot - I did this so I can enjoy fighting any boss without any stressors. However, I think I'm done with the accomplishments game...at least, until the next Touhou comes out.  ;)
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #342 on: December 17, 2011, 05:45:21 PM »
@Lepetit89

Congrats on UFO. Your ascent into manhood is complete.

« Reply #343 on: December 17, 2011, 08:00:13 PM »
Definite congrats there.

Although there's more than these 3 that I haven't 1cc'd on Lunatic cause I pretty much quit playing, I only consider 3 of the Lunatics to be harder to 1cc than that one. Those being Mystic Square, PoDD, and PoFV(without broken characters)

But UFO is definitely considered the hardest by a lot of people, so it's a huge accomplishment.

« Reply #344 on: December 17, 2011, 09:04:11 PM »
Finally got a Phantasm clear with Marisa A. I'm not too confident with Marisa B yet, though.

And congrats, Donut and Lepetit.

« Reply #345 on: December 17, 2011, 11:22:14 PM »
Conga rats (would say Nazrins, but she is a mouse) Donut, you finally did it \o/!!  Any other goals you plan to work on next?

EDIT: Realized later that I posted this long after I was linked to your post and now realize my question concerning goals has long been asked and answered.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 10:15:13 AM by HououinKyouma »

« Reply #346 on: December 17, 2011, 11:54:27 PM »
Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana No Focus Timeout

Done. The break was a good idea, this session lasted only about thirty tries. Compared to the ... many ... before. So I heard that Magical Entombing is now a new favourite for timing out, eh? ...

screw that, I'm done with timeouts for a bit.

Had some good runs in both UFO hard and EoSD lunatic today so I'll focus on those two for a while.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #347 on: December 18, 2011, 02:31:28 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=17482

I still dunno how to do the part right after Kogasa.

Also that Rainbow UFO capture came out of nowhere.

Zil

« Reply #348 on: December 18, 2011, 05:17:52 AM »
Donut, Lepetit, qno2

Sweet Jesus on a pogo-stick, congrats to you three. It's like everyone suddenly decides to kick ass all at once.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #349 on: December 18, 2011, 06:12:10 AM »
Just something I've been trying on and off for a while, a capture of Everlasting Phoenix Tail from the top of the screen.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=17485

« Reply #350 on: December 18, 2011, 01:31:31 PM »
Ten Desires no-bombs Normal 1CC.

I love how until recently in Ten Desires I found hard mode overwhelming, and now I'm so used to it that during Yoshika's fight I actually checked the corner, honestly thinking I clicked Easy by mistake. Speaking of Yoshika, that makes all stage 3 and lower bosses perfected at Normal in all the games I've...wait.

Oh fuck, I missed Yuugi. Somehow, I get the feeling that this will not end well.

EDIT: And four attempts later (with disbelief I actually lost one to Mt. Ooe), Yuugi is perfected, yay!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 01:45:34 PM by Malkyrian »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #351 on: December 18, 2011, 03:30:24 PM »
Thanks a lot!
Finally done uploading and annotating, though the new colour palette sure blows, any way to get the old one back?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4BjAS8Vb-o

Which reminds me, the reward for clearing the game I've been waiting for
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j341/Lepetit89/Foto308.jpg

Anyway, only another Extra run in UFO, then TD and I'll be done.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:39:11 PM by Lepetit89 »

« Reply #352 on: December 18, 2011, 07:06:23 PM »
You shouldn't be carelessly throwing pics like that around without tagging em'. I almost got a heart attack.  :V

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #353 on: December 18, 2011, 10:06:25 PM »
A heart attack? I hope that's just because she's cute!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #354 on: December 18, 2011, 10:09:29 PM »
The first time I saw it, I thought it was some creepy screaming thing. Then I saw it was just a Hijiri plushie. <.<

« Reply #355 on: December 18, 2011, 10:20:12 PM »
A heart attack? I hope that's just because she's cute!

It's this little thing I've got going on with myself and Byakuren. There is something about a person who is always smiling, has two hair colors at once and her personality combined with the fact that she can kick my ass better than pretty much any boss in this series that makes her horrifyingly scary.

Plushies are cool to have around though. Gives you something meaningful to throw with when things aren't going well.  :V (Okay, I have only done that once with my Sanae and that was when she ruined my no-bombs attempt)

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #356 on: December 18, 2011, 10:33:25 PM »
Not creepy in the least!

Agreed on plushies being awesome to have, though I couldn't possibly ever hurt them. I punch myself in the face occasionally when I'm terribly angry (UFO Stage 5 hurt a lot, literally), but I wouldn't ever lay a finger on my plushies.

« Reply #357 on: December 18, 2011, 11:19:23 PM »
Last time I punished myself for sucking it ended up hurting so much that i got a headache.  :V Then I realised that its better to take out your frustrations on something that doesn't break very easily.

Speaking of which, I should order myself some needles and a Kaguya plushie and give her a Hourai Jewel piercing. Really though, this is getting terribly off topic so I'll just save it right here by posting that I made a really fucking epic capture of Sinkable Vortex. Bullets were coming at me from the left and from above at the same time since I fucked it up.

« Reply #358 on: December 19, 2011, 04:43:19 AM »
Horrible first Phantasm clear, which contains forgetting how to bomb late in the fight, and then suddenly remembering and cheesing Danmaku Bounded Field that way with an extra life I didn't know I had.

Yeah.

« Reply #359 on: December 19, 2011, 10:20:23 AM »
Just to check with Donut, when you say "perfect" that means no-bombs, no-deaths, right? You didn't do Ex-Marisa with all gold medals? Because that would be... quite, quite insane.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.