Author Topic: The New Generation (RP Sign-Up and Info) (Sign-ups closed to new entrants)  (Read 70160 times)

Re: The New Generation (RP Sign-Up and Info) (Sign-ups closed to new entrants)
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2011, 12:59:24 PM »
No no no. It's not that at all.
It's my character's creation that's the problem
If I could have had Mima, and YJ would have settled for Marisa, or Medicine, or something. Then there would have been no problems.
But she wouldn't give up Mima. And the only way I could have it still work without totally scrapping my ideas is to use a TD character.
If I didn't have one of the two I'd have to completely scrap my entire character.
I wont be spoiling any of the characters Backstories. Hell, not even touching the Extra boss.
So I wanted Mima for plot reasons, while YJ just wanted to have a matching set and someone she can drool over.

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2011, 01:02:12 PM »
Then all costs we need NPC's to fill that void(on that last aspect).

I say we make another one! (lolwut)

« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2011, 01:12:34 PM »
Another what?
And I don't want ppl to look at me like im the villain or something here ;-;

Reisen-tanith

• White Wolf of the West
  • Must not use military vehicles to ?Squish? things.
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2011, 01:18:28 PM »
And? BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD TREE!!!

DoW references aside, that should be ideal to the likes of whomever.
and SKULLS FOR THE SKULL MULCH!!!
warhammer references...Check.
also on Mima... could it be possible for 2 people to work with her?
There are 2 items I believe can solve any problem
1. The Doctor's sonic screw driver
2. Marisa's 8 trigrams reactor

« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2011, 01:23:39 PM »

I don't think that crossed any of our minds.

But at this point It's somewhat too late. Squawkers already knows their appearances and full names. So going with that now would make it all for nothing.

Edit;;
-All player characters will be newborn Youkai
-The character who will be your partner and mentor. Please try to keep this related to geography
-but since these Youkai are all newborn, they don't really have to have much of a background.
-Anyways Squawks, I gots a question for ya. Can our chara possibly have met some characters prior to the start of the story? Heard of them? Been brought up by them? Fought with them?
-Unfortunately, no. Don't worry, there is a good reason for this. Every OC must be newly born/created/what-have-you
-Species that may have had known other characters are probably not allowed either.
-Dragon
-Strikethrough means no can do.

A Jinouga is a Behemoth Ripoff Fanged Wyvern. And a Wyvern is a Dragon. It doesn't matter if it doesn't look like a dragon or not, it's still a dragon.
Keine doesn't look like any sort of animal yet she's apparently an animal type Youkai during the full moon.
I and a few others are still bothered that Youkai Jesus's character seems to be quite overpowered, not to mention that it IS a dragon despite not looking like one.
If I may do so, I request Youkai Jesus changes her character's species.
As far as the rest of us go, we aren't particularly strong Youkai. So It's somewhat unfair for her to not only have an unusually strong partner, but also have an unusually strong OC.
I suggest she tone it down slightly. And not have any dragon in any way, since it's not allowed.
She could use This Behemoth or even a Raijuu would work.
The form of a white and blue wolf (or even a wolf wrapped in lightning) is also common

So if you could please change the species it'd make us all happy.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:20:34 PM by Sonae »

« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2011, 04:30:57 PM »
to lazy to bring back my complete background story :(
(Head hits table critical, table parrys. Table hits head with riposte, head dies)

Name: Hilde (Hiruda ヒルダ :o)

Youkai Type: Evil Spirit (Former Valkyrie (since Valkyrie's are already spirit kind of thinks xD), bound to a halberd)

Touhou: Orin

Appearance: Hilde's appearance is like a 20-22 years old woman (I don't need lolis :V). She looks quite feminine for hear strength. She has middle long dark black hairs and her eyes have an orange to red colour. She wears a black dress with golden ornaments on it. On top of it she wears a darkblue/golden armor, that covers here chest and here shoulders, and vambrace on her forearm.
Her 2m long halberd is always with her, without it she would lose her physical from. When she's not moving, you may see the shade of her tainted wings.

Personality: She is calm and even-tempered to others, when she's not in fighting mood. In battle, she throws herself onto the enemy to cut it down with her halberd.
She can be very sardistic.

Stats:
-Intelligence: 1+3
-Danmaku: 1+1
-Strength: 1+4
-Agility: 1
-Stamina: 1+4

About the Stats: She lacks agility because of her armor and the heavy halberd she carries. But her intelligence and strength make that even.
Her danmaku is mainly generated with her halberd (like Meira or Youmu with her sword). Since it's a big weapon she cannot create it very fast so it's not very effective in a direct battle.
Her armor and weapon can be used to defend herself and others and she can take a few hits.

Background: Once long before, Hilde was one of the great valkyrie. She was known as the spirit of battle and had the ability to revive the dead on the battlefield to win with disadvantages in numbers.
After Odin, the Lord of Valhalla, forbade all valkyries to interfere in human matters, she grew tired of just watching so she oppose Odin's orders and gone back to earth to have some fun.
[She became evil bla bla, her wings and hairs changed into a black colour]
Odin was not pleased to see someone go against his orders, so he sended his son, Thor, to earth to punish her. Her strength was no match to Thor's and she tried to hide in the Underworld of Hell.
But even there, Thor was able to find her and she lost her last battle.
Thor, with his overwhelming power crushed her to oblivion and nothing left except a lone halberd.

Others: Some additional information, she lost her old abilitys and her memories, she only has her old appearance and personality (kind of), so she is back at the beginning as everyone else, have fun with the intro :P
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:27:29 PM by German Flower Youkai »

« Reply #156 on: September 23, 2011, 05:31:36 PM »
.................................................................................................

So all that bullshit was for nothing?

ARE YOU FUCKING SRS

« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2011, 06:13:12 PM »
.................................................................................................

So all that bullshit was for nothing?

ARE YOU FUCKING SRS

what are you talking about?

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2011, 08:09:08 PM »
what are you talking about?

probley has nothing to do with ya. Since they just figered otut hey could both just been traiend by the saem partner.
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."
-8-bit theater, Red Mage, taken as personal saying.

« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2011, 09:05:14 PM »
probley has nothing to do with ya. Since they just figered otut hey could both just been traiend by the saem partner.

I know that he wasn't talking to me ^^ well be trained by the same partner is more effectiv xD

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2011, 09:43:58 PM »
Think I've got a few ideas.
I'm torn between the Tengu or the Devil though, the Oni might be a bit too tricky to work around given how they don't just spring up overnight.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2011, 09:57:37 PM »

I don't think that crossed any of our minds.

But at this point It's somewhat too late. Squawkers already knows their appearances and full names. So going with that now would make it all for nothing.

Edit;;
A Jinouga is a Behemoth Ripoff Fanged Wyvern. And a Wyvern is a Dragon. It doesn't matter if it doesn't look like a dragon or not, it's still a dragon.
Keine doesn't look like any sort of animal yet she's apparently an animal type Youkai during the full moon.
I and a few others are still bothered that Youkai Jesus's character seems to be quite overpowered, not to mention that it IS a dragon despite not looking like one.
If I may do so, I request Youkai Jesus changes her character's species.
As far as the rest of us go, we aren't particularly strong Youkai. So It's somewhat unfair for her to not only have an unusually strong partner, but also have an unusually strong OC.
I suggest she tone it down slightly. And not have any dragon in any way, since it's not allowed.
She could use This Behemoth or even a Raijuu would work.
So if you could please change the species it'd make us all happy.

Here's the problem with this. Regardless of whether or not he's technically considered a "Wyvern", I'll be treating him the same. Besides, wyverns =/= dragons. I just didn't want any full-fledged dragons in this. Whether he's a Jigouna or a Raijuu or a Behemoth doesn't matter. He's the same character, and those things are similar enough that I don't really care. I know you're just going to accuse me of playing favoritism again, but this is actually pretty objective. YJ shouldn't have to change her Youkai type to something that's virtually the same just because one person doesn't like it. And if it's true that other people think her character is overpowered, I'd appreciate it if they told me via PM.

Of course, as far as using the same character, all I know from TD is Futo's appearance,Miko's appearance, Mamizou's appearance, and that one other boss's appearance. I really wouldn't mind if you had the same partner; in fact, I'd like it quite a bit. If you're both okay with it, you should totally do that so I don't have to spoil TD for myself.

to lazy to bring back my complete background story :(
(Head hits table critical, table parrys. Table hits head with riposte, head dies)

Name: Hilde (Hiruda ヒルダ :o)

Youkai Type: Evil Spirit (Former Valkyrie (since Valkyrie's are already spirit kind of thinks xD), bound to a halberd)

Touhou: Orin

Appearance: Hilde's appearance is like a 20-22 years old woman (I don't need lolis :V). She looks quite feminine for hear strength. She has middle long dark black hairs and her eyes have an orange to red colour. She wears a black dress with golden ornaments on it. On top of it she wears a darkblue/golden armor, that covers here chest and here shoulders, and vambrace on her forearm.
Her 2m long halberd is always with her, without it she would lose her physical from. When she's not moving, you may see the shade of her tainted wings.

Personality: She is calm and even-tempered to others, when she's not in fighting mood. In battle, she throws herself onto the enemy to cut it down with her halberd.
She can be very sardistic.

Stats:
-Intelligence: 1+3
-Danmaku: 1+1
-Strength: 1+4
-Agility: 1
-Stamina: 1+4

About the Stats: She lacks agility because of her armor and the heavy halberd she carries. But her intelligence and strength make that even.
Her danmaku is mainly generated with her halberd (like Meira or Youmu with her sword). Since it's a big weapon she cannot create it very fast so it's not very effective in a direct battle.
Her armor and weapon can be used to defend herself and others and she can take a few hits.

Background: Once long before, Hilde was one of the great valkyrie. She was known as the spirit of battle and had the ability to revive the dead on the battlefield to win with disadvantages in numbers.
After Odin, the Lord of Valhalla, forbade all valkyries to interfere in human matters, she grew tired of just watching so she oppose Odin's orders and gone back to earth to have some fun.
[She became evil bla bla, her wings and hairs changed into a black colour]
Odin was not pleased to see someone go against his orders, so he sended his son, Thor, to earth to punish her. Her strength was no match to Thor's and she tried to hide in the Underworld of Hell.
But even there, Thor was able to find her and she lost her last battle.
Thor, with his overwhelming power crushed her to oblivion and nothing left except a lone halberd.

Others: Some additional information, she lost her old abilitys and her memories, she only has her old appearance and personality (kind of), so she is back at the beginning as everyone else, have fun with the intro :P

Accepted! Just know that you can't have anyone from her backstory actually appear in the RP.

Think I've got a few ideas.
I'm torn between the Tengu or the Devil though, the Oni might be a bit too tricky to work around given how they don't just spring up overnight.

Sounds good! I'd like to start on or before Sunday, but don't rush. Take however much time you need.

Edit: Looked through YJ's profile again, and found something I missed the first time. It talks about how he's been around for a long time, and things like that. As I've stated multiple times, the RP begins with their birth/transformation. I'd appreciate it if you actually fixed that this time. Also, having known Byakuren before the RP starts is not accepted.

Edit again: Actually, how about this. Please post your other sign-up you mentioned so I can take it into consideration. I won't necessarily scrap Arasoi, but it would be nice to have something else to look at instead.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:31:57 PM by Squawkermaru Aya »

« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2011, 10:19:59 PM »
Accepted! Just know that you can't have anyone from her backstory actually appear in the RP.

I never thought about that :-)
Odin and Thor would destory everything muhahahaha

GuardianTempest

« Reply #163 on: September 23, 2011, 10:21:11 PM »
Looks like I have an evil counterpart/rival.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2011, 10:47:48 PM »
Also, I'd like to make it clear that I'm not mad at Sonae, and I'd appreciate it if you guys weren't, either. She had a legitimate concern, after all. We can't have fun if people hate each other.

« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2011, 11:07:42 PM »
Oh yay another guy starting in the Underground! But who'll look after the Palace once we leave, though? :V

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2011, 11:13:51 PM »
Y'know, I've been playing Battle Moon Wars a lot lately on the Real Robot route, so maybe I'll pick the tengu instead.
Let's see....How'd this go....?

Name: Hotaru Izumi

Youkai Type: Tengu(Raven Type)

Partner: ?

Appearance:

Personality: Somewhat easy to confuse. Prefers to always be moving. Has a weakness against glass, for obvious reasons. Could easily be termed "Birdbrain". Loves shiny things, has an especially strong fondness for knives.
She has a simplistic mind, but she sometimes has her moments of startling lucidity.

Stats:
Intelligence: 1+1(2)
Danmaku: 1+4(5)
Strength: 1+1(2)
Agility: 1+4(5)
Stamina: 1+2(3)

Background: ?

I'll come back and edit this with the partner, appearance, and backgroundish later, once I've got all that hammered out.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

GuardianTempest

« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »
I thought those were Magpies.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2011, 11:19:37 PM »
Oh yay another guy starting in the Underground! But who'll look after the Palace once we leave, though? :V

Okuu, obviously. :V Or Koishi.
Y'know, I've been playing Battle Moon Wars a lot lately on the Real Robot route, so maybe I'll pick the tengu instead.
Let's see....How'd this go....?

I'll come back and edit this with the partner, appearance, and backgroundish later, once I've got all that hammered out.

Of course. Looks good so far, though.

Reisen-tanith

• White Wolf of the West
  • Must not use military vehicles to ?Squish? things.
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2011, 11:43:37 PM »
This is just me thinking but... what if someone started on the moon... like an astronaut turned moon rabbit?
There are 2 items I believe can solve any problem
1. The Doctor's sonic screw driver
2. Marisa's 8 trigrams reactor

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2011, 11:48:58 PM »
This is just me thinking but... what if someone started on the moon... like an astronaut turned moon rabbit?

No characters from written only, no celestials, and no lunarians. Take a wild guess.

« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2011, 12:05:09 AM »
Wait that applied to partners? The no Celestial/Hermit/Lunarian

Narouge

• Narry the Corruptor
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2011, 12:08:12 AM »
So when we going do this? when it starting?
"there is a Fine line between genius and insanity. I see it every day running screaming past it with scissors."
-8-bit theater, Red Mage, taken as personal saying.

« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2011, 12:34:04 AM »
leave it to Koishi or Okuu  :derp:

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2011, 12:43:30 AM »
Wait that applied to partners? The no Celestial/Hermit/Lunarian

More specifically, nobody only from the written works. Eirin or Reisen would be okay, for instance.

So when we going do this? when it starting?

I'd like to start on or before Sunday

« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2011, 12:45:00 AM »
SOMEONE SHOULD PARTNER WITH IKU

« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2011, 01:14:44 AM »
SOMEONE SHOULD GET YUYUKO. (not you, Sonae)

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

« Reply #177 on: September 24, 2011, 01:22:53 AM »
Why don't you then?

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #178 on: September 24, 2011, 03:29:47 AM »
EDITTED. WRRRRRRY

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #179 on: September 24, 2011, 03:36:39 AM »
YJ The Yuuka thing needs to go too, Squawkers replied to me in this topic about no contact. Also what do you mean by Divas?