Author Topic: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)  (Read 224141 times)

Zil

Re: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2011, 07:25:35 AM »
Well that's true. She doesn't aim it but you can usually do that with the first wave. I assume Kanon was having difficulty with the second wave though, which isn't nearly as "black and white" as the first.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2011, 07:51:55 AM »
I just tried it, and it works for all waves.

TraceTheKriken

« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2011, 02:24:04 PM »
I need help with the Extra Stage of Touhou 6.
Here Is video from my best try so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TgvPSILIbI&list=UUD-BN_9ePC_msHhutNfV6rw&feature=plcp

if you have anything that would help me, please reply ;)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2011, 05:25:44 PM »
I need help with the Extra Stage of Touhou 6.
Here Is video from my best try so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TgvPSILIbI&list=UUD-BN_9ePC_msHhutNfV6rw&feature=plcp

if you have anything that would help me, please reply ;)
First off, I hope that slowdown only came up when you were recording this. Because if it's that slow during an actual run, most wouldn't consider it legit.

You should be trying to collect more Power items at the start. Stream a few shots to the right, then turn back to the left and restart the stream underneath all those items.

Royal Flare is a static pattern. ReimuA will have to go through more of this pattern than other shottypes, but if you learn where it's safest to go, you can perform the same movements each time without fail.

You really shouldn't need a bomb for the books. It looks hectic, but since there are aimed shots buried in there you can misdirect them away from where you feel like dodging the rest. Though if you're gonna use a bomb, I would use it a bit later than where you did, namely once the last set of books fully appears.

Don't know why you were trying to fit through that space in Cranberry Trap. Aside from the fact that you should be trying to stay under Flandre as much as possible (she moved to the left before), keep in mind that the blue bullets are aimed right at you. You can have them head towards one spot away from Flandre then move over where it's more spacious.

Nasty death on Four of a Kind. Don't know if you thought the bullet would pass your hitbox, but generally you want to keep yourself farther away than that. Don't risk grazing any bullets like that unless you're really familiar with where their hitboxes (and yours) are. You also panicked too much with the bombs right after. The metal-fatigue bullets in EoSD have bigger hitboxes than in future games, but they're no bigger than the sprites. Just sidestep them.

Don't feel like you have to stay 100% unfocused during Maze of Love - you're bound to repeatedly overshoot where you want to go, like what happened in this run. Use whatever combination of focused and unfocused movement will get you through this attack (it's also static, so learn where the holes are and circle Flandre appropriately).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Zil

« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2011, 09:54:45 PM »
Youtube wont let me watch the video, but I'll still say two things. With Reimu A, it is possible to end Maze of Love while directly over Flandre. If you do that she'll move up and kill you instantly, so watch out if the spell's about to end. If you want to be cheesy, you can safespot the next spell. I don't know if you got that far though.

Yukari-Chan

• Excuse me while I prepare /your/ demise. <3 TSO
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2011, 11:17:28 PM »
Placeholder sign?

I've got one but I don't think it's all that great.

Placeholder sign "Undefined  Fantasy Object "
" Borders are Borders. They were meant to be manipulated and mistreated. "

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2011, 11:23:57 PM »
You missed the point.

Zil

« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2011, 01:31:55 AM »
Big Time

TraceTheKriken

« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2011, 04:03:27 PM »
First off, I hope that slowdown only came up when you were recording this. Because if it's that slow during an actual run, most wouldn't consider it legit.

Yeah it was because of the recording

You should be trying to collect more Power items at the start. Stream a few shots to the right, then turn back to the left and restart the stream underneath all those items.

That's best way for me, I just care about that I get FP mode before Patchouli

Royal Flare is a static pattern. ReimuA will have to go through more of this pattern than other shottypes, but if you learn where it's safest to go, you can perform the same movements each time without fail.

I sometimes use bomb there, I used the bomb because I didn't want to risk anything. But I can sometimes survive through the first wave of bullets.

You really shouldn't need a bomb for the books. It looks hectic, but since there are aimed shots buried in there you can misdirect them away from where you feel like dodging the rest. Though if you're gonna use a bomb, I would use it a bit later than where you did, namely once the last set of books fully appears.

I know, I used the bomb too early, I tought those were the last books

Don't know why you were trying to fit through that space in Cranberry Trap. Aside from the fact that you should be trying to stay under Flandre as much as possible (she moved to the left before), keep in mind that the blue bullets are aimed right at you. You can have them head towards one spot away from Flandre then move over where it's more spacious.

I don't really have any tactic for cranberry trap, I just try to survive.

Nasty death on Four of a Kind. Don't know if you thought the bullet would pass your hitbox, but generally you want to keep yourself farther away than that. Don't risk grazing any bullets like that unless you're really familiar with where their hitboxes (and yours) are. You also panicked too much with the bombs right after. The metal-fatigue bullets in EoSD have bigger hitboxes than in future games, but they're no bigger than the sprites. Just sidestep them.

I died there because I didn't see the bullet coming, I was trying to look for good safe place to navigate.

Don't feel like you have to stay 100% unfocused during Maze of Love - you're bound to repeatedly overshoot where you want to go, like what happened in this run. Use whatever combination of focused and unfocused movement will get you through this attack (it's also static, so learn where the holes are and circle Flandre appropriately).

How about this:
go near the holes unfocused and go through them focused

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2011, 01:02:49 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=17356
All my love. Thanks for your tips :3. Still, kind of a dumb luck, but at least after clearing it I won't be raging so much and possibly develop a better error margin for future runs somehow.

« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2011, 07:45:49 PM »
Well, I'm trying to 1CC EoSD on Normal with MarisaB. Everything's fine until I reach Patchouli...
Any solid strategy for "Rage Trilithon" and "Metal Fatigue"?

Btw, how do I capture "Scarlet Netherworld"? Those fast bullets confuse me.  :V

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2011, 08:20:20 PM »
Well, I'm trying to 1CC EoSD on Normal with MarisaB. Everything's fine until I reach Patchouli...
Any solid strategy for "Rage Trilithon" and "Metal Fatigue"?

Btw, how do I capture "Scarlet Netherworld"? Those fast bullets confuse me.  :V
Rage Trilithon is pretty easy, just stay under Patchy and dodge whatever comes your way.  Large movements should be avoided unless they're necesary.
Metal Fatigue I dodged in the lower left corner, moving up through gaps as they appeared.  I'd suggest Master Sparking this.
Scarlet Netherworld is a spell I bombed every 1cc run, and in most practice runs too until very recently.  I suggest another Master Spark, but if you have none then get in a 'lane' between the fast bullets and dodge the crisscrossing ones there.  The sides of the screen are generally safer.

« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2011, 09:07:48 PM »
Rage Trilithon is pretty easy, just stay under Patchy and dodge whatever comes your way.  Large movements should be avoided unless they're necesary.
Metal Fatigue I dodged in the lower left corner, moving up through gaps as they appeared.  I'd suggest Master Sparking this.
Scarlet Netherworld is a spell I bombed every 1cc run, and in most practice runs too until very recently.  I suggest another Master Spark, but if you have none then get in a 'lane' between the fast bullets and dodge the crisscrossing ones there.  The sides of the screen are generally safer.

Thanks and which character do you think is overall the best and has an easier Patchy?  :wat:

« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2011, 12:11:55 AM »
All right, two attempts at Flandre later and no progress. If anything I feel like I'm getting worse. So I figure I may as well ask, since I think I can do this if I just work out the problem spots.

By far the biggest problem is Patchouli. If I use three bombs on Patchouli, I consider it a good run. Enough said, really.

After that, the next biggest problem spot is Catadioptric. It seems to be static, but I have no idea where to go and the fact that I haven't worked out EoSD hitboxes yet isn't helping.

Finally, there's Cranberry Trap. I've caught it once, but it was dumb luck. Usually I end up wasting a bomb here.

Zil

« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2011, 12:34:13 AM »
Thanks and which character do you think is overall the best and has an easier Patchy?  :wat:
I'm pretty sure Reimu A gets the easiest Patchy fight, and is probobly your best choice in general. Homing amulets make the stages easy, strong bomb for when bombs are needed, and Reimu sized hitbox and manageable movement speed. She;s the only type I ever use anyway, which may be why I have no idea what people are talking about when they say "metal fatigue bullet."

@Malkyrian - I generally dodge Catadioptric in the lower right corner. It's not completely static but it nearly is. Cranberry Trap is static (with aimed bullets), but I think there are better ways than the way I do it. Royal Flare is also static, so you can memorize that too. Here's a video I have just for the hell of it, but I haven't even watched this in months, so I don't know how helpful it'll be. (It's a no-focus run too) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0TlVFU3XY
EDIT: Yuck. I wonder why I ever uploaded that. Oh well.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:51:34 AM by Zil »

« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2011, 01:08:25 AM »
Remilia has Metal Fatigue Bullets on some of her attacks too.

ReimuA and MarisaB have relatively easy Patchy fights. EoSD doesn't have hitbox size differences, so no Reimubox stuff like in later games, so pick whatever you like. I found Reimu too slow, which is why I used Marisa in EoSD. But some people find Marisa too fast and would use Reimu.

Zil

« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2011, 01:14:15 AM »

ReimuA and MarisaB have relatively easy Patchy fights. EoSD doesn't have hitbox size differences, so no Reimubox stuff like in later games, so pick whatever you like. I found Reimu too slow, which is why I used Marisa in EoSD. But some people find Marisa too fast and would use Reimu.
Please tell me then, which ones are the Metal Fatigue Bullets? This keeps bothering me.
Also, I thought Reimu was doing the hitbox thing since PC-98. Guess I was wrong.

« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2011, 02:42:02 AM »
It started in PCB but wasn't a problem unless you picked Marisa. It was starting with IN that the nonReimu shots were getting hitbox screwed.

« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2011, 09:21:30 AM »
Please tell me then, which ones are the Metal Fatigue Bullets? This keeps bothering me.

This kind of bullet; http://en.touhouwiki.net/images/9/95/Th06SC19.jpg

« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2011, 01:55:23 PM »
Man, I'll give up on doing an EoSD 1CC... I'm doing too much stupid mistakes (dying on Meiling's first non-spell, Rainbow Wind Chime ect..)
I'll try MoF instead... I got to Sanae with four lives but I didn't  know how to do "Daytime Guest Stars"
Btw, is her second-to-last spell just dodging and "God's Wind" just "right, left, right ,left"?

Any advice for "God's Rice Porridge" and "Miracle of Otensui" too?  :V
Thanks.

Zil

« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2011, 08:45:15 PM »
Her second to last spell is static, but if you just try to read it on the spot, it shouldn't be too bad either. Her last spell is indeed nothing more than right, left, right, left, etc.
This kind of bullet; http://en.touhouwiki.net/images/9/95/Th06SC19.jpg
So that's what they are. ;)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2011, 09:32:18 PM »
Man, I'll give up on doing an EoSD 1CC... I'm doing too much stupid mistakes (dying on Meiling's first non-spell, Rainbow Wind Chime ect..)
I'll try MoF instead... I got to Sanae with four lives but I didn't  know how to do "Daytime Guest Stars"
Btw, is her second-to-last spell just dodging and "God's Wind" just "right, left, right ,left"?

Any advice for "God's Rice Porridge" and "Miracle of Otensui" too?  :V
Thanks.
no bomb run I did with a perfect stage 5 (and thus, Sanae: warning, this was my first capture of her first spell): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW9j_vifBLY      Sanae starts about 15:20 in.
Perfect Kanako normal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pZiuC2vMsI
Specifically for Rice Porridge, the big bullets and small bullets have the same hitboxes, so the small ones are very clippy.  Avoid going between them when they aim towards each other whenever possible.
and Miracle of Otensui is a royal pain, just do what I do in that video and also in this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MldRSvpBWmc
Remember that 2 bombs blows it away and Kanako drops 2.3 power after it, so if you have 4.7 or higher you can double bomb it and still have full power for Mountain of Faith.

Marisa Kirisame

• "So what if she's a girl, da ze?"
  • Marisa X Alice for life
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2011, 02:41:02 AM »
All right, two attempts at Flandre later and no progress. If anything I feel like I'm getting worse. So I figure I may as well ask, since I think I can do this if I just work out the problem spots.

By far the biggest problem is Patchouli. If I use three bombs on Patchouli, I consider it a good run. Enough said, really.

After that, the next biggest problem spot is Catadioptric. It seems to be static, but I have no idea where to go and the fact that I haven't worked out EoSD hitboxes yet isn't helping.

Finally, there's Cranberry Trap. I've caught it once, but it was dumb luck. Usually I end up wasting a bomb here.

PAtchy cards will possibly go as follows with Reimu A:

SIlent Selene: Try to shot gun her as much as possible before the bullet waves finally come down to you, do bomb if necessary.

Royal Flare" Marisa A has if easy here as she only has to survive the first wave of bullets. This one involves a lot of shotgunning and with Reimu A just a lot of pur dodging once you know the patterns.

Philosophers stone. The red and green are aimed in your general area while the blue are pointed directly at your hit box. Hit Patchy as much as possible before the card gets hectic and dodge about the bottom middle for the rest.

Now for teh Flandre.

Cranberry Trap There is actually a pretty static pattern to this one, it just goes on a lot longer with reimu A because of where the homing amulets go. THe patterns is near middle, pass the purple ones slightly near the middle and wait for the blue to start coming form the bottom, go through the gap and sit on the bottom where the blue will miss oyu coming from the top and the subsequent pueple shots coming form the bottom on the next wave will miss you entirely. Go up through the blue after the purple passes and hit flan as much as possible adn the proceed to repeat the same strategy.

With Cadiotropic, near the bottom right side of the screen is your best bet as  it is a little less intense there.

I do hope this helps =)
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2011, 02:42:43 AM »
I got a problem in Touhou 11 Subterranean Animism and I am sure you guys get this one a lot but here goes:

I can't beat Koishi Komeiji's Depth: Genetics of the Subconscious for the life of me. please help me. (there is no particular part of the card that troubles me, it is the whole thing).
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2011, 02:48:35 AM »

Someitmes you need the extra power too which is why Marisa is glorious for most of the games. Given it takes a while to control her speed and her shots got royally screwed in Touhou 11, she is a good character with one fo the game's most powerful bombs. (depending which shot type you chose). Marisa is the only reason I was able to beat Flandre because I would blated PAtchy's royal flare liek it didn't exist. =)

The thing I have notice is that is some of the games there is always that one awkward shot type. It happens though and we live with it. =)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2011, 02:55:42 AM »
Alright, I'm not going to run away anymore! Byakuren is the last boss in the series I have yet to perfect, but I need some expert help here to pull it off.

Byakuren's first spell card, "Nirvanha's Cloudy Way in Purple." I cannot for the life of me figure out this spell card. I almost never capture it, and more often die twice to it. For anyone who does know the secret, please tell me. orz

Also, Byakuren's second non-spell is similarly run-stopping. Is there a pattern of movement that makes this attack easier to handle?

I ask humbly. This could be the end of my "curse" forever! Help me break it! >_<
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Marisa Kirisame

« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2011, 03:08:04 AM »
Alright, I'm not going to run away anymore! Byakuren is the last boss in the series I have yet to perfect, but I need some expert help here to pull it off.

Byakuren's first spell card, "Nirvanha's Cloudy Way in Purple." I cannot for the life of me figure out this spell card. I almost never capture it, and more often die twice to it. For anyone who does know the secret, please tell me. orz

Also, Byakuren's second non-spell is similarly run-stopping. Is there a pattern of movement that makes this attack easier to handle?

I ask humbly. This could be the end of my "curse" forever! Help me break it! >_<

While I can not help with Nirvahna I can help with her second non-spell. The lasers and the glowing bullets right? When the cross of the laser begins slide quickly to either the right of left (depending on your relatic position on the screen) into a stream of the bullets and follw them until the lasers re-target you continue this pattern until she beigns Makai Butterfly =D

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2011, 03:23:55 AM »
I don't mean this in a condenscending way, but are you talking about the lunatic version of this attack? The lunatic version changes it up so much from the normal or even hard version that it may as well be an entirely different attack. If you do mean lunatic though, what do you mean "follow them?" :O I move left and right, yeah, but the way that they are targeted makes them very hard to read, especially when you have to pay attention to the lasers as well.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Drake

« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2011, 03:28:25 AM »
I can't beat Koishi Komeiji's Depth: Genetics of the Subconscious for the life of me. please help me. (there is no particular part of the card that troubles me, it is the whole thing).
Once you know the rhythm of the card it's just dodging. There isn't any trick or anything, but many people find it hard to keep up with the rhythm and dodging. That is, until the eventual epiphany that everyone goes through after which it becomes super easy. Just watch a replay to figure out where to go.

You're at the mercy of the RNG; the entire card changes every time you play. There are a bunch of difficult sets, an ok one and there's one easy set. The ok and easy ones are pretty easy to spot because you barely have to dodge anything. There really isn't a particularly easy method to tackling it though, sometime you move though two lanes, some others you back up.

Again, it's pretty RNG-based. Rather, the one laser that randomly skews off from the rest is what kills people. There's no reliable way of fixing that because of the overall time when lasers are on the screen. You probably already do it, but basically the best method is making a big U shape across the screen. You shoot Byakuren at the start, zip to the left before the lasers start and slowly trot over to the right side, hoping that no lasers happen to aim way over there. The actual bullets aren't that bad when there aren't lasers in the way (assuming you crossed the screen smoothly; the whole barrage is pre-aimed).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 03:32:38 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Zil

« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2011, 03:29:45 AM »
The nonspell is absolutely beyond my understanding. For Nirvana, what I usually do is try to keep my eyes as far upscreen as I can and try to see a column of safety through the dimond-like bullets. For the slanting walls of circles, I try to move horizontally as little as possible, and pass through them from the left side to the right, moving vertically as neccessary to avoid horizontal movement. That's the best I got. :V
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 03:32:49 AM by Zil »