Author Topic: Touhou 13: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Ten Desires. Full desired article. [spoiler warning]  (Read 147720 times)

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Is there any new Youmu memes due to Ten Desires?

I give you "Bed-Head Youmu".

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
That's not to say, though, that just because he "lifts some older phrases" that some of his songs aren't still good. :D

Yeah, of course. That was sort of my point. If you took a musician who'd been putting out at least one CD a year for the past 15 years, you'd expect some musical phrases would repeat themselves in some songs. Which doesn't diminish their greatness; I'm just saying it's a natural thing for musicians to do, consciously or unconsciously.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
I give you "Bed-Head Youmu".
Seconded :3

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Touhou 13 for next Kinect game.
Definitely the most epic thing I saw in a long time.  :derp:

On a side note, loved that Cirno cosplay.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

A lot of his deaths could have been avoided if he just stood still, but I guess it's not cool that way BV

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!

My week is made.

Also, I'm going to imagine Cirno's voice as that from now on. Hawt cosplay, and I'm normally not big on cosplay.

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
I like how ZUN doesn't seem to know what the hell is going on.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
I like how ZUN doesn't seem to know what the hell is going on.

I like how he's simply having fun with it.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
I like the amount of beer bottles that were on the table went ZUN went back to sit down...

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
I like the amount of beer bottles that were on the table went ZUN went back to sit down...
This. That was the most beautiful thing of the whole video. :3

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Tengukami

Is there a version of this that doesn't have a wall of WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW scrolling horizontally across the screen? I like Nico comments as much as the next guy, but I'd also like to watch the video.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

likkyzero

• i want a hug...

if i saw correctly that was kinect on the PC right?

i saw the windows stuff

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target

That was awesome.  :3
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!

Somehow, I managed to miss this the first time I watched the video. Absolutely awesome.

Lol, ZUN sucks at danmaku.
After all, The Kinect makes the impossible, possible

--------

Ahem. Interesting watch anyway. If people would stop showering the screen with their comments it would be better though. Like people loudly commenting on a movie in the cinema.

Tengukami

If all you need to do is stream left to right to left again, over and over, yeah, I imagine the Kinect would be great for that.

:trollface:

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.

--------

Ahem. Interesting watch anyway. If people would stop showering the screen with their comments it would be better though. Like people loudly commenting on a movie in the cinema.
I don't get that video. The guy doesn't move at all yet the comments are all about how awesome he must be for being able to dodge everything. Looks fake to me  :ohdear:

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
I take this as a personal offense, good sir. :colbert:

Drake

I don't get that video. The guy doesn't move at all yet the comments are all about how awesome he must be for being able to dodge everything. Looks fake to me  :ohdear:
there is a video description for a reason

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

So did marisa get nerfed even more in the full release? I noticed consistently on capturing "Transformation "Pseudo-Exorcism of the Stupid Shrine Maiden"" using identical methods results in a clear 23 seconds for Reimu and 29 for Marisa  :derp:

Even Sanae is faster at 26 seconds...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:24:08 AM by Be Pok U (1998 burst style) »

Drake

marisa has the highest dps, minus youmuslash

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

marisa has the highest dps, minus youmuslash

I thought that was only against yuyu fan :V and shotdata from the demo?
Then I don't get why Marisa takes so long to capture that one compared to everyone else - 6 seconds is a lot.

Then playing again, I suspect Marisa dps goes to nil if the target is moving; as opposed to testing on a static target. Maybe Marisa is the weakest in dps when confronted with moving targets? As in the missiles only do full damage if they sit right on top of the explosion for its duration.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:10:57 AM by Be Pok U (1998 burst style) »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
PS does the Marisa focus/unfocus help her achieve higher DPS because of the magic missiles + lasers?

If all you need to do is stream left to right to left again, over and over, yeah, I imagine the Kinect would be great for that.
You are actually on to something. It would be excellent for Ten Desires.

Just youtube comments being what they are. The video is obviously fake.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:56:03 AM by Zengeku »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Can anyone see how, months from now, we'll be seeing fanart of
Spoiler:
Futo
working as a geomancer for the Human Village?

"Okay, if you want him to go to Heaven, you'll want to put a jug of fruit juice here, that smut mag there, and that Ming vase... yes, I'm sorry, you're going to have to break it. What, you don't want him to go to Hea--

*CRASH*

...much better. Okay, those shards go over there NO NOT THAT ONE yeah that one, NO DON'T GET YOUR BLOOD ALL OVER IT WAIT WHAT WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE HEMOPHILIA"

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Khaotic Ace

• 8l I forgot about a lot of sites thanks to tumblr.
Bahaha, I laughed so hard at that image. It's good to read these kinds of things in the morning.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
I think Futo would make an excellent trapmaster. Walking right through a door she doesn't want you to walk though, you'd immediately start having your qi sapped and weakened. Beware walking into the mausoleum after hours.

PS does the Marisa focus/unfocus help her achieve higher DPS because of the magic missiles + lasers?

Shouldn't work in 10D I think. Malice cannon worked because Alice's laser came out instantly, doesn't take a bit of time to extend across the screen like Marisa's in 10D, and Alice's laser lingers on the screen for a few seconds even if you switch back to unfocused while 10D lasers retract immediately when you go into unfocused.

So I believe if you tried that in 10D, Marisa would actually have even worse dps because you end up firing less shots between switching altogether.