Author Topic: Why do people hate Junko?  (Read 5529 times)

Why do people hate Junko?
« on: October 21, 2016, 06:47:24 PM »
Whenever i see a video about Junko or read something that happens to be about or related to her, there is always, always a comment saying that Junko sucks like in raak1010 video of LOLK Extra. Why is it exactly? Personaly i like Junko and think she is awesome and potentialy one of the strongest Touhou characters thanks to her ability.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Re: Why do people hate Junko?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 07:03:44 PM »
Her danmaku is dumb. Specifically her nonspells. I think most people hate her as a boss, not necessarily a character, though "halo effect" and all that.
Spoiler:
Also this could probably go in miscellanious questions but that's none of my business.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Camilo113

• Luck, Resilience and Perseverance
  • Gensokyo is capable of change
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 07:09:17 PM »
Her danmaku is dumb. Specifically her nonspells.
Her danmaku reflects her lack of interest in the fight, after all she's just aiming defeat you. That's pretty much the reason to their simplistic patterns.

Personally I really like her as a character but people are free to have their own opinions and I'm not going to discuss that.

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 07:29:11 PM »
Actually i don't even think she's able to use complex spellcards because of her nature as a Pure Furry
Also i found this funny pic about her  :V
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 08:03:52 PM »
Lore-wise yes, the simple danmaku makes sense. But that doesn't make it fun to play. No matter how interesting you make the story, if the game mechanics suck people are going to complain about it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 08:08:56 PM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 08:36:45 PM »
People don't hate junko. They just dislike her danmaku.

And you should stop listening to YouTube comments.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 11:08:45 PM »
Like everyone else says, they hate her danmaku, not her character.

Her attacks lack what every other character has (patterns) and consist of micro-dodging through bullets that come too fast at you and leave little to no room to pass. You have to dodge on the ball every second. You never really see anyone perfect her (no deaths+bombs, or all spellcards captured).

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 11:37:03 PM »
Junko punched my dog.

Death to Junko.

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 01:24:20 AM »
I think her danmaku is a sort of love letter to the pc98 era because of how simple it is. If you look at pc98 danmaku its rather similar.

Drake

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 01:51:29 AM »
tfw zun can't even make simple patterns without somebody trying to relate them back to pc-98 in some way

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 02:30:49 AM »
PC98 had a lot of rings yeah, but it wasn't really the same in how you dodge them. PC98 had a lot of "get through this or get punched in the face by the next wave" and "this looks scary but it's actually just aimed", not really on the level of Junko's "there's an opening the size of your hitbox. That's the point of the attack. Now dodge." Sure we have the occasional bad rng that causes that, but it's almost never the actual intention (otherwise it wouldn't be left up to the rng). The only thing really similar is Yuuka's last attack in LLS.

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 08:28:24 PM »
Hoo boy I sure am looking forward to Junko's appearance in the next StB/ISC game!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 11:22:31 AM »
You know when people say "begging the question"? OP's title for this thread is a great example of the literal definition.

So if this is asked and answered (as best as can be hoped anyway), I'll lock this up. OP, next time try to post random questions like this in the Miscellaneous Questions thread.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."