Author Topic: First released script - Boss fight against 59  (Read 3475 times)

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
  • would you like some deathbomb
First released script - Boss fight against 59
« on: December 13, 2009, 07:33:53 PM »
Download link: http://upload.namelezz.net/downloader.php?file=3998331_59FIGHT.zip

This is the first "full" boss battle that I've completed and released. (I may add more spell cards to it later, though.)

You fight against the 59 years old drummer, a little meme spawned by the "People in Order" video. If you want to get more information about it, you can watch these videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwJDbifFKgk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67naYnEl01A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QYFrNUq4dk

The boss fight is composed of 2 non-spellcards and 4 spellcards. I'm a beginner, so I want to hear your opinions on how I can improve.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 02:30:33 PM by SupahVee1234 »

Re: First released script - Boss fight against 59
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 07:47:23 PM »
You fight against the 59 years old drummer
I love you

Playing this RIGHT. FUCKING. NOW.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 08:04:26 PM »
Alright pretty good job, even more so if this is your first try at it. You should add a bit of delay inbetween spells. Also I felt the boss movement was a bit awakard during some spells and he was immpossible to catch if he sarted moving in the opposite direction if you. Those aimed walls should give the player a bit of warning before hand since they move pretty fast and I found that I basically had to mindlessly stream to avoid them (my reflexes suck hurrr). Also during the nonspells they look kind awkward with all of arrow bullets sitting there pointing in random directions.

Still, every spellcard I found was actually quite well designed. There was nothing especially 'cheap' about any of them and further more they were fun to dodge.
The final spell "laser drumsticks" was quite excellent in particular and is definitely my favourite. Extremely chaotic and yet at the same time surprisingly easy to dodge once you figure it out. It has a bit too much health though and even if I make myself invincible and shotgun it I can barely beat it before time runs out.

Finally, my biggest gripe is the severe lack of FIFTEEN! :V

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 08:07:48 PM »
Thanks for the comments :D

I will try to polish the script up a bit. Also, I had the idea to have 15 as a secondary boss such as in the battle against the Prismriver sisters in TH07, but I don't really know how to make it.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 08:10:48 PM »
Hmmmm...

I'd say something, but it would be just a rephrasing of everything Suikama has already said.

For a first project, well done.

(?_^)-b
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 02:31:57 PM »
I updated the boss fight with some new spellcards (and a new nonspell), I changed my bullets to the SHOT_REPLACE ones and made the boss's movement smoother.

Download is in the OP.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 02:52:20 PM »
Downloading this, curious to see about the graphics and such and how it is put together.

Edit:

I'll leave the gameplay judgement to the pros among us but. The hell, that last card is a suddeny appearance. You might want to give players some time to reposition themselves at the bottom or so. I got stuck at the top and died of sudden SUPRISE.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 02:55:52 PM by Helepolis »