Author Topic: Hardest Official Touhou game?  (Read 32082 times)

Re: Hardest Official Touhou game?
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2013, 01:20:57 AM »
UFO. For some reason I find TD and MoF harder than SA. :V

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2013, 05:36:46 PM »
I'd say UFO and SA by far D:

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2013, 12:00:23 AM »
A factor to consider is goal... 1cc survival or highscore? MoF for example is considered one of, if not the easiest to survive in. But for scoring... Simply forgetting to not kill specifi enemies during certain moments can effectively cripple your score for good.

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 03:30:00 AM »
Talking about the difficulty of scoring is probably going to result in a lot of irritated posts and ignorance.

Just gonna throw that out there right now.

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 12:33:15 PM »
Has anyone here cleared SoEW extra D:

When I attempted it I got so scared I instantly quit. (Maybe I'm just too easily intimidated.)

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2013, 01:20:08 PM »
It's only been cleared by a handful of people here afaik. I don't know how much that has to do with it being difficult rather than the game just being bad though.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »
I remember when taohow was new for me i kept hearing about how evil eye sigma was crazy hard...
He really isnt imo. It helps alot to realize that you shoot much faster by mashing shoot rather than hold it down in that game.

Zil

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2013, 03:53:23 PM »
Yeah, there's a lot of silliness floating around about the PC-98 games being outrageously hard and all that (as we've seen in this thread). In reality they're much easier than the Windows games. PoDD Lunatic (and Hard maybe) is the only real exception.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2013, 07:55:38 PM »
It's only been cleared by a handful of people here afaik. I don't know how much that has to do with it being difficult rather than the game just being bad though.
Probably a bit of both, but mostly the game quality.

I think it is harder to clear, but I'd attribute that mainly to lower resources, which have the added effect of making it harder to learn the patterns. The way your power reduces with every death doesn't help either. If you had two bombs per life instead of one it probably wouldn't be any more difficult than the others, especially since Evil Eye Sigma doesn't seem to have bomb immunity like later Touhou Extra bosses (except Marisa) do.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 07:35:44 PM »
PoDD Lunatic (and Hard maybe) is the only real exception.
Yumemi. Never. Fucking. Dies. The whole Hard mode clear I did spent, deaths and all, like 20 minutes or so.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 10:03:57 PM »
PoDD lunatic, definitely. I remember when I first did it, there were people who thought it was literally impossible.  :derp: It's the only lunatic 1cc I've never replicated, because god damn Chiyuri whyyyyy.

Also, while I know this will sound snobbish, the vast majority of people who say HRtP is the hardest don't know the correct way to play it. That said, not many people know how to play it. :v It's not that tough if you know the secret to clearing bosses quickly.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:05:32 PM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2013, 01:57:24 PM »
Hardest easy mode: PCB or UFO.
Hardest normal mode: SA or (surprisingly) TD.
Hardest hard mode: Don't really play hard mode.
Hardest lunatic mode: UFO
Hardest extra mode: SA (Haven't unlocked Nue)

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2013, 11:08:29 PM »
Hardest extra mode: SA (Haven't unlocked Nue)

This doesn't make sense, if you haven't unlocked Nue, you can't say that she is hard, you can say that doing 1CC in SA is hard :V
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2013, 06:48:19 AM »
Nue was the extra boss of UFO the last time I played, not the extra boss of SA.

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2013, 07:51:43 AM »
I find UFO the most frustrating due to the UFO summoning. It and SA have the most challenging bosses in my opinion. Also UFO has (in my opinion) the hardest extra stage.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »
Nue was the extra boss of UFO the last time I played, not the extra boss of SA.
I know, i'm saying I don't know if Nue is the hardest because I haven't unlocked her.

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 09:01:59 AM »
From windows games I think SA is hardest and UFO is number two...
From the PC-98 games I think the SoEW was the hardest... But I have to agree that PoDD is really
hard as well. Especially Yumemi.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 11:44:47 PM »
Medicine.

Clearly the hardest gams.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Yaffyfan

• Golden Suika for the #1 Suika
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2013, 03:54:15 AM »
I think EoSD was the hardest game for me, just because of how many times I died to Remi. SA was also really hard on Lunatic, since I think the difficulty differences were huge in that game.

SeasideCharizard

• Mysterious Flying Donation Box
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2013, 04:45:24 PM »
Okay, here's my list then.

Easy: Ten Desires (There is a reason I'm good at Lunatic PoFV but suck at Normal  :V )

Normal: Subterranean Animism

Hard: Hi PoDD Bye PoDD

Lunatic: HI PoDD BYE PoDD

There ain't any UFOs in my town.  BV

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2013, 08:36:03 AM »
Easy: PCB. I barely clear Stage 4. It's too long for me... And SA, because of Yuugi, and later Orin.

Normal: EoSD. I BS alot when I reach Remi.

Hard: TD, because of Seiga's curvy lazars and her Yoshika support. And UFO. Shou's curvy lazars and Byakuren's spells make me BS.

Lunatic: IN. It's easy until Stage 5. I barely clear Lunatic Reisen, but when I reach Kaguya, I have to use continues. I can't 1CC IN on Lunatic.

MoF seems pretty easy for me. :V
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.