Author Topic: Qwertyzxcv's RAD Danmakufu Scripts! :D A PRACTICE PH3 THING!!!!  (Read 57168 times)

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
Qwertyzxcv's RAD Danmakufu Scripts! :D A PRACTICE PH3 THING!!!!
« on: January 28, 2013, 01:22:46 AM »
Current project:
none  :getdown:

PH3:
Troll scripts:
none

Boss fights:
Plan to make a Yoshika boss fight :D   

0.12m:

Information about my old game, "Game": http://pastebin.com/48anSniA

Troll scripts:
April Fools Reimu
Marisa

Boss fights:
Youmu

Danmakufu coding challenge submissions:
Challenge 2
Challenge 5
Challenge 6
Challenge 10
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 09:26:24 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
Re: Some Sort of Danmakufu Game
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 01:40:02 AM »
I don't have any plot idea or anything.  ???
If you want, tell me ideas, if anything should be harder/easier, more fun, different, etc.  :V
(Also, i'm sort of new to Danmakufu so it might not be very good.)
You could always have no story plot... (Like Phantasm Romance and Phantasmagoria Trues).

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 01:40:57 AM »
You could always have no story plot... (Like Phantasm Romance and Phantasmagoria Trues).
Hmm...maybe  :)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 02:20:05 AM »
First and third images are broken links.

Also, use Mediafire or Bulletforge. The download link is going at 80 kb/second. I'm not going to wait 25 minutes to download a 100 MB game~

Oh, and don't forget to register your thread with Helepolis.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 02:22:32 AM by Sparen »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 02:25:17 AM »
First and third images are broken links.

Also, use Mediafire or Bulletforge. The download link is going at 80 kb/second.
Oh noes!  :( I'll fix them tommorow.
Oh wow, I guess i'll upload it to Mediafire tommorow too.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 02:57:35 AM by Qwertyzxcv »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 02:33:07 AM »
Oh, and don't forget to register your thread with Helepolis.
Wat?  :derp: How? (I don't really know how this works).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:45:12 AM by Qwertyzxcv »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 02:34:57 AM »
Suggestions:

1) Give your game a name (Very important! Even if it's 'Qwertyzxcv's Gensokyan Mystery' or something outlandish like that, it'll make people remember your game)
2) Before you sign your thread in with Helepolis (if you decide to do it), rename your thread subject in the first post so that people will look at it.
3) Maybe you might want to hide your nickname
4) Tone down your emoticon use. People won't take you seriously at all if you spam emoticons all over your posts.

Also, which country are you from?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 02:36:42 AM »
Wat?  :derp: How? (I don't really know how this works).

First: just fix the images

Second: Register with either Mediafire or Bulletforge

Third: READ THE STICKIES. THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON.
On that point, you could have gotten banned already with that download comment, and there are rules for posting in various boards. Make sure you don't piss anyone off (angry mods aren't always nice)

Edit: Font made much smaller.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:08:19 AM by Sparen »

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 02:39:11 AM »
Ok. Those were interesting stages. Better than my unfinished stages though.  :3
Stage 1: I recommend a line of enemies going in the same direction, one after another, shooting simple streaming bullets.
Stage 4: Harder than stage 5. Those first bullets plus the second pattern of bullets make it confusing. I raged quit a lot with those. :3
Stage 5: Those brown basic bullets + brown bubbles make me wanna cry. I've never passed them.

But this is a good first start. I loved the rainbow spiral enemies in stage 1 and 5.
But please tone down the difficulty for stage 1. The difficulty right now is like stage 4/5/6.
Currently a normal player

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 02:39:44 AM »
First: just fix the images

Second: Register with either Mediafire or Bulletforge

Third: READ THE STICKIES. THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON.
On that point, you could have gotten banned already with that download comment, and there are rules for posting in various boards. Make sure you don't piss anyone off (angry mods aren't always nice)
I know the first 2, and ok ill read the stickies  :ohdear:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:40:25 AM by Qwertyzxcv »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 02:41:26 AM »
Suggestions:

1) Give your game a name (Very important! Even if it's 'Qwertyzxcv's Gensokyan Mystery' or something outlandish like that, it'll make people remember your game)
2) Before you sign your thread in with Helepolis (if you decide to do it), rename your thread subject in the first post so that people will look at it.
3) Maybe you might want to hide your nickname
4) Tone down your emoticon use. People won't take you seriously at all if you spam emoticons all over your posts.
Also, which country are you from?
United States, and I have a little too much fun with emoticons. :toot:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:26:14 AM by Qwertyzxcv »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 02:44:26 AM »
Ok. Those were interesting stages. Better than my unfinished stages though.  :3
Stage 1: I recommend a line of enemies going in the same direction, one after another, shooting simple streaming bullets.
Stage 4: Harder than stage 5. Those first bullets plus the second pattern of bullets make it confusing. I raged quit a lot with those. :3
Stage 5: Those brown basic bullets + brown bubbles make me wanna cry. I've never passed them.

But this is a good first start. I loved the rainbow spiral enemies in stage 1 and 5.
But please tone down the difficulty for stage 1. The difficulty right now is like stage 4/5/6.
Alright, i'll make it easier. Thank you for your feedback! Im probably just going to change these to hard/lunatic mode.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:28:38 AM by Qwertyzxcv »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 02:51:23 AM »
I probably should delete that comment...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:40:41 AM by Qwertyzxcv »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 02:55:39 AM »
The stickies are at the top of each board and have a tack mark next to them.

Now...

DO NOT UPLOAD TO BULLETFORGE.

I don't want to hurt your feelings, so upload to media fire. It's for your own good. Some pretty good scripters post on Bulletforge and with the shitty reviews that I just got, I don't think you'd keep the motivation to continue scripting if you posted on Bulletforge.

Now, your scripts:

Overall, very repetitive. Except for that massive laser attack and the last stage's massive bullets, the entire thing was pretty boring, overall. I suggest scripting boss battles before you even attempt stage scripts.

Your stages have some good parts, but overall, you have bullets firing from behind you, very fast attacks, repetitive graphics (like me!), and other issues.

Yeah. Start with boss battles. I suggest boss battles first. What you have here isn't that great.

Oh yeah, and make sure to test your own scripts. If you can't dodge them, you can assume that others won't be able to.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 02:59:01 AM by Sparen »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 02:58:50 AM »
I don't want to hurt your feelings, so upload to media fire. It's for your own good. Some pretty good scripters post on Bulletforge and with the shitty reviews that I just got, I don't think you'd keep the motivation to continue scripting if you posted on Bulletforge.
Alright, (I have a MediaFire account anyway).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:46:17 AM by Qwertyzxcv »

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 02:59:37 AM »
The stickies are at the top of each board and have a tack mark next to them.

Now...

Well not exactly true... That's if you encounter the "big dogs" You just have to say that it's still WIP. (Bulletforge can be used for STORAGE TOO!)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 03:02:22 AM »
Well not exactly true... That's if you encounter the "big dogs" You just have to say that it's still WIP. (Bulletforge can be used for STORAGE TOO!)

If you want to upload to Bulletforge, yeah. WIP (work in progress) or make it unlisted so that Victini won't be after you. XD.

No sarcasm intended.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 03:14:05 AM »
Overall, very repetitive. Except for that massive laser attack and the last stage's massive bullets, the entire thing was pretty boring, overall. I suggest scripting boss battles before you even attempt stage scripts.
Your stages have some good parts, but overall, you have bullets firing from behind you, very fast attacks, repetitive graphics (like me!), and other issues.
Yeah. Start with boss battles. I suggest boss battles first. What you have here isn't that great.
Oh yeah, and make sure to test your own scripts. If you can't dodge them, you can assume that others won't be able to.
1. I guess I can add different patterns.
2. Yus, I need new familiar images, and the fast attacks and stuff are just streaming but I guess I can tone it down.
3. Ok, i'm not very creative with spells/non-spells.
4. I do test them, and I thought they were easyish, but boring too.
(and I found the stickies, didnt know they were called stickies, derp  :derp: )
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:46:39 AM by Qwertyzxcv »

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 03:18:27 PM »
If you want to upload to Bulletforge, yeah. WIP (work in progress) or make it unlisted so that Victini won't be after you. XD.

Meh, Victini isn't that bad... But pin him and trolltrain together...

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
Re: Danmakufu Game - "..." Version 0.11
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 02:12:32 AM »
In reply to "Don't upload to BulletForge"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IJyRAUxtAQ

Also, you can remove comments if you own the project that they're on. If the person is just being a troll, just remove the comment. Not that hard.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
Re: Danmakufu Game - "..." Version 0.11
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 02:31:32 AM »
remove this
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:18:52 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
Re: Danmakufu Game - "..." Version 0.12
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 01:59:40 AM »
I decided to put version 0.12 up tommorow because doing all the updates I said I would, would take a while.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 11:56:43 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 02:33:33 AM »
Version 0.11 comments:

Stage 1: Lasers are too fast (the ring lasers). Also, you don't exactly regulate the bullets, so there's TOO much streaming involved. The ring bullets at the end are good though.
Stage 4: Overused patterns (same, not dodgeable sometimes), and the lasers. The lasers would be fine, but they are just impossible to dodge if you were dodging previously. Also, pretty bland at some parts.
Boss battle: You are supposed to set a counting variable to a negative number and then increment it before shooting bullets. Killing the player before the spellcard or nonspell has been declared is just trolling. Avoid it.
Boss NS 1: Good enough.
Spell 1: Extremely repetitive. Enemy moves a lot, and very fast. Might want to tone it down a bit.
Boss NS 2: Not good. Firstly, it's honing in such a way that you must loop around the boss (you aren't supposed to have to do that in non spells). Secondly, it's too damn fast.
Spell 2: Pretty good, but really ugly opener. See above comments.
Boss NS 3: Good.
Spell 3: Meh. Looks like a non spell
Spell 4: ... Honing wire is NOT good. I suggest replacing it with something more worthy of the title of a spellcard.

Overall, it's fine. Just test it yourself and see how other Danmaku games build spellcards and stages.

Ahh, and yes. I highly suggest putting this project's complexities aside. Learn how to script, then practice scripting, then try to make something creative that you can feel extremely proud of.

...Basically, I'm saying that you should stop focusing on stages, menus, and music, and should try to string together a proper boss battle first. Starting with stage enemies means that you will have less experience, and if you want to master the other stuff, you should definitely focus on mastering basic Danmakufu first. By that, I'm referring to originality, playability, and creativity. It doesn't seem that you have actually tested most of this stuff, since you probably would have picked up on the instant kills in your boss battle otherwise. I literally had to H-button my way through the script. Not a good thing, mind you.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:37:52 AM by Sparen »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 04:16:17 AM »
Version 0.11 comments:

Stage 1: Lasers are too fast (the ring lasers). Also, you don't exactly regulate the bullets, so there's TOO much streaming involved. The ring bullets at the end are good though.
Stage 4: Overused patterns (same, not dodgeable sometimes), and the lasers. The lasers would be fine, but they are just impossible to dodge if you were dodging previously. Also, pretty bland at some parts.
Boss battle: You are supposed to set a counting variable to a negative number and then increment it before shooting bullets. Killing the player before the spellcard or nonspell has been declared is just trolling. Avoid it.
Boss NS 1: Good enough.
Spell 1: Extremely repetitive. Enemy moves a lot, and very fast. Might want to tone it down a bit.
Boss NS 2: Not good. Firstly, it's honing in such a way that you must loop around the boss (you aren't supposed to have to do that in non spells). Secondly, it's too damn fast.
Spell 2: Pretty good, but really ugly opener. See above comments.
Boss NS 3: Good.
Spell 3: Meh. Looks like a non spell
Spell 4: ... Honing wire is NOT good. I suggest replacing it with something more worthy of the title of a spellcard.

Overall, it's fine. Just test it yourself and see how other Danmaku games build spellcards and stages.
Ahh, and yes. I highly suggest putting this project's complexities aside. Learn how to script, then practice scripting, then try to make something creative that you can feel extremely proud of.
...Basically, I'm saying that you should stop focusing on stages, menus, and music, and should try to string together a proper boss battle first. Starting with stage enemies means that you will have less experience, and if you want to master the other stuff, you should definitely focus on mastering basic Danmakufu first. By that, I'm referring to originality, playability, and creativity. It doesn't seem that you have actually tested most of this stuff, since you probably would have picked up on the instant kills in your boss battle otherwise. I literally had to H-button my way through the script. Not a good thing, mind you.

Thank you for the feedback. :D
I agree with the stage and menu part, but I enjoy making the music, but i'll start doing it less.
I DID test it a lot though...I guess its easier when its your own script though.
I will switch Spell 3 and Non-Spell 2.
Whats wrong with the wire? Should I just add more pattern things to it?
Also, some things you mentioned are fixed it 0.12. (Laser speed, trolling xD, etc.)(This version was before i asked about waiting stufff on the Q&A thread majigger)
I plan on fixing that MASSIVE laser spam by making them aimed farther around the player.
I'll fix most of what you said in V0.13
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:21:37 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 07:11:21 PM »
Version 0.12 is now up! :D

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 10:59:49 PM »
Regarding the Wire (0.11), something like that is usually regarded as a cheap trick and a symbol of a lazy coder. Also, having something that cheap in a spell lowers the quality of the spell.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 11:19:26 PM »
Regarding the Wire (0.11), something like that is usually regarded as a cheap trick and a symbol of a lazy coder. Also, having something that cheap in a spell lowers the quality of the spell.

Oh wow, thank you...so i'll replace it with something else. (Are you sure I can't keep it, and just add something else?)

Maths ~Angelic Version~

• Aspiring Mathematician of Brilliant Laziness
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 11:31:56 PM »
Stage 6 boss:
1st nonspell: Seems pretty easy for a final boss. but looks nice (yes, I know some Touhou final bosses have relatively easy openers. I'm looking at you, Normal Utsuho and Normal Byakuren). If you move Reimu oddly (angle to the boss too close to 45 or 135, I guess), the lasers sometimes return to the STG frame. It looks strange.
1st spell: It's fine, but maybe too easy for a final boss, and why not change the direction of the blue bullets' "curving" every other wave? If you place yourself correctly, you can capture the card by going left-right at the right (not too tricky) timing. Maybe randomize the starting angles of the blue bullets.
2nd nonspell: Uhhh... it's just a lot of random blue bubbles. I suggest replacing this.
2nd spell: Beautiful, intimidating and  challenging. The only problem I have is that the difficulty of the waves (orange bullets) might be inconsistent. Maybe you could fire them in circles instead of randomly?
3rd nonspell: Uhhh... the same random bubbles as last time, only this time they're green and have randomly curved trajectories. Not that good, but maybe a slightly modified version of such an attack is nice for a stage enemy. If you want it to belong to a boss, please make it less random and more controlled (aimed or static).
3rd spell: Nice concept, but is micrododging everything supposed to be possible? I micrododged the aimed bullets and defeated the spell easily. Macrododging arrows while avoiding the crisscrossing bullets will probably be fun.
4th nonspell: A combination of blue and green bullets. Uhhh, no thanks.
4th spell: Way too easy. I captured it by not moving at all... I'm not kidding. This one seriously needs to be made more powerful. The blue bullets are the same as in the 1st spell, but at least the 1st spell has aimed bullets to ensure that you always have to dodge something. The rows of arrowheads don't add any difficulty at all because they're aimed around you, but they do make the attack look more threatening.
5th spell: Is this the same as the previous one?
Final spell: I like the crisscrossing bullets and the streams of arrowheads, but not the fast and random lasers and bullets.

Stage 5 boss (I'm too lazy to review the attacks individually now that Sparen has done it  :V): I think the boss moves too much. It gets annoying when she jumps all over the screen and you can't keep up. Slower movement might be better.

Notes about stage 5 and 6 bosses:
Your use of colours seems to be pretty random. Maybe some colours that fit the bosses' themes (if any) make the attacks look better, for instance red/orange/yellow for a fire-themed boss, blue/white for water, brown/green/yellow for nature etc.
Bomb damage carries over between attacks, in other words, if you bomb near the end of an attack, it'll damage the next attack as well. Most reviewers consider it amateurish, and in this case, it can be exploited. If you bomb near the end of a nonspell, it'll deal a lot of free damage to the following spell, thus allowing an easy capture. Luckily, this is fairly easy to fix:

You may include this task in your script AFTER @Finalize but INSIDE script_enemy_main (I messed that up while testing  :V) like any other task, but I would make a separate script with tasks and functions and use #include because you're hopefully going to use it or something similar to it in every single attack anyway.
task ImprovedDamageRate(shot,bomb)
{
SetDamageRate(0,0);
while(OnBomb){yield;}
SetDamageRate(shot,bomb);
}

and call it in @Initialize. The first variable is the damage rate against shots and the second is the damage rate against bombs (they're separate because you may for instance want to make a card invulnerable to bombs). This may be used with the built-in function SetInvincibility(n), which is also called in @Initialize and makes the boss invincible for n frames regardless of bombing.

Version 0.11 comments:
(...)

This is good advice. Experiment with patterns and object bullets. You'll make more interesting patterns that way.

I hope that some of this helps and that I wasn't too harsh  :)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 11:47:12 PM »

Oh wow, thank you...so i'll replace it with something else. (Are you sure I can't keep it, and just add something else?)

Keep it if you want to. It's your work. It's up to you if you want to continue using it or not, but things like that will probably be looked down upon by most Danmaku players.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 11:29:52 PM »
Stage 6 boss:
1st nonspell: Seems pretty easy for a final boss. but looks nice (yes, I know some Touhou final bosses have relatively easy openers. I'm looking at you, Normal Utsuho and Normal Byakuren). If you move Reimu oddly (angle to the boss too close to 45 or 135, I guess), the lasers sometimes return to the STG frame. It looks strange.
1st spell: It's fine, but maybe too easy for a final boss, and why not change the direction of the blue bullets' "curving" every other wave? If you place yourself correctly, you can capture the card by going left-right at the right (not too tricky) timing. Maybe randomize the starting angles of the blue bullets.
2nd nonspell: Uhhh... it's just a lot of random blue bubbles. I suggest replacing this.
2nd spell: Beautiful, intimidating and challenging. The only problem I have is that the difficulty of the waves (orange bullets) might be inconsistent. Maybe you could fire them in circles instead of randomly?
3rd nonspell: Uhhh... the same random bubbles as last time, only this time they're green and have randomly curved trajectories. Not that good, but maybe a slightly modified version of such an attack is nice for a stage enemy. If you want it to belong to a boss, please make it less random and more controlled (aimed or static).
3rd spell: Nice concept, but is micrododging everything supposed to be possible? I micrododged the aimed bullets and defeated the spell easily. Macrododging arrows while avoiding the crisscrossing bullets will probably be fun.
4th nonspell: A combination of blue and green bullets. Uhhh, no thanks.
4th spell: Way too easy. I captured it by not moving at all... I'm not kidding. This one seriously needs to be made more powerful. The blue bullets are the same as in the 1st spell, but at least the 1st spell has aimed bullets to ensure that you always have to dodge something. The rows of arrowheads don't add any difficulty at all because they're aimed around you, but they do make the attack look more threatening.
5th spell: Is this the same as the previous one?
Final spell: I like the crisscrossing bullets and the streams of arrowheads, but not the fast and random lasers and bullets.
Stage 5 boss I think the boss moves too much. It gets annoying when she jumps all over the screen and you can't keep up. Slower movement might be better.
Notes about stage 5 and 6 bosses:
Your use of colours seems to be pretty random. Maybe some colours that fit the bosses' themes (if any) make the attacks look better, for instance red/orange/yellow for a fire-themed boss, blue/white for water, brown/green/yellow for nature etc.
Bomb damage carries over between attacks, in other words, if you bomb near the end of an attack, it'll damage the next attack as well. Most reviewers consider it amateurish, and in this case, it can be exploited...
I hope that some of this helps and that I wasn't too harsh  :)

That was probably one of the least harsh reviews I got! :D

1n. I agree its easy, maybe i'll add some moving lasers?
1s. Thats a good idea!
2n. Hm, i'm proobably just going to make less blue bubbles, and another pattern. (Not that the blue blue bubbles were a pattern xD)
(And add for a stage, but update this version)(I thought it would be fun, it was based off of "Storm on Mt. Ooe" because I thought that was fun too)
2s. Aimed an random? (Still inconsistent, but less)
3n. Same as above.
3s. Larger criss-crossing bullets, but less?
4n. Similar to above.
4+5s. That is why I said Stage 6 was unfinished for this version. (That was actually the brainstorm for Spell 1, I just didn't take it out)
Final Spell. About the radomosity: I was just looking for something to take out all the safe spots, i'll make a lot less, and something else. (I want it to be fun :) )
Stage 5 Boss. I sort of based it all off the same movement. (was lazy and rushing) I will slow it down and make it more interesting.
Colors. I was basing Stage 6 boss off Blue + Bubbles, because of her water ability thingy. And I was thinking the Stage 5 one could control seasons err something, so that could work for your nature color scheme. (BTW, the stage 5 boss isnt the one showed).
I've heard of that bomb trick thing but forgot how to do it so I will use that! Thank you for the help!
Anyway, thank you for that huge feedback and i'll fix these problems in Version 1.3
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:46:57 AM by Qwertyzxcv »