Author Topic: Pokemon Murky Red - A crazy Fire Red hack [α 1.99 hotfix]  (Read 32318 times)

Re: Pokemon Murky Red - A crazy Fire Red hack [α 1.99 hotfix]
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2012, 03:50:23 PM »
And that's the gym leaders done. Off to the league! ...once I can get past the rival. orz

Spoiler:
Giovanni actually wasn't all that bad. I think the fact that I had two water-types (one of whom had Levitate), a grass-type, another Pokemon with Levitate, and a Skarmory helped, though...

EDIT: And league beaten! Though I wish I could have done so with less item spam. >_< Regardless, from what I could tell, the teams were set up well, and I'm looking forward to how they change in round 2.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:55:29 PM by Roark Desmond Jaffar »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2012, 04:58:50 PM »
Are you still working on this? I might try 1.99 very soon but it would be a waste if 1.00 is just around the corner.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 07:33:58 AM »
Are you still working on this? I might try 1.99 very soon but it would be a waste if 1.00 is just around the corner.

β 1.00 is gonna take a loooooong while because I still need input on a lot of things.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »
So, training up for the second round of the Elite Four, and after they're done, looks like I'll be awaiting the changes in the beta version.

Spoiler:
I am going to have nightmares about Lorelei, I just know it. Weather teams >_<

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 04:40:13 PM »
So, i've gotten to the SS Anne so far, (I know, i know, i'm slow..) and while this point is moot since you are planning to and just havent done it yet (read: making the trainers more challenging) I'll just forgo that. Though I'm starting to think... Grass pokemon don't really seem to have too many options against anything not-water type. At least, Gloom doesn't.

I'm probably oblivious to some of the other grass types, but do they have any non-grass moves they learn? Might be something to think about.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »
Well, as I mentioned on IRC, Weepinbell gets Bite, which could help against a wider variety of things. You can also find Shroomish if you spend a bit camping Route 4, and Breloom is pretty awesome (4x flying weak, though).

Meanwhile, trying to prepare for the second round of the Elite Four. Got four team members at level 65, a fifth at level 21 and rising, and still need to go breed a good nature for the sixth.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 07:43:46 AM »
I am working on improving the trainers now, and then I'll work on legendary events.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 04:49:52 PM »
I am working on improving the trainers now, and then I'll work on legendary events.

I look forward to seeing the results.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2012, 02:00:25 AM »
Aaaaand just about done with my team; just have to EV train my sixth party member and get it to the same level as the others. Then we'll see what the second round of the E4 has in store.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2012, 07:37:51 AM »
Aaaaand just about done with my team; just have to EV train my sixth party member and get it to the same level as the others. Then we'll see what the second round of the E4 has in store.
W-Why would you do this in-game? Anything that can be overcome by EV training can be overcome by grinding / finding the right mons with the right moves. EV training is the worst kind of grinding and is a major pain. :(

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2012, 09:46:55 AM »
W-Why would you do this in-game? Anything that can be overcome by EV training can be overcome by grinding / finding the right mons with the right moves. EV training is the worst kind of grinding and is a major pain. :(

Trivialized with frameskip and encounter hacking. :V

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2012, 09:48:45 AM »
If you're hacking you may as well just hack the mons with the EVs. :V

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2012, 12:34:11 PM »

The dude's got his own reasons. 'sides. not like he's actually taking all that long to do it.

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2012, 03:04:23 PM »

I'm not sure how to do this with Codebreaker codes. :V

At any rate, sixth one is fully EV'd, so I just need to level it and I can go.

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »
Changes to random encounters are probably one of the things I appreciate the most in pokemon hacks, and I'm really pleased so far.

I killed off Brock on my first try with lv14
Spoiler:
Mawile
, lv16Wartortle, lv12
Spoiler:
Eevee
and lv15Mankey.
The first one was probably the most valuable asset to the team, it killed off about half of the enemy team before his HP went down low enough to switch out, and I still had Wartortle and Mankey around so I didn't even have to use any items.

Oh, and shiny onix :D

EDIT:
Both Misty and Surge gave some big trouble, but replacing
Spoiler:
Mawile
with
Spoiler:
Sableye
paid off, and having Primeape and
Spoiler:
Ponyta
at level 31 for the latter one made it a lot easier, so I managed to beat both of them on my first try as well. Kind of barely made it on both, specially Misty, I had to use the only revive I had against her.

This hack is proving to be more challenging and fun just by making these harder, unlike resorting to the hellish, tedious dark mazes that the harder Touhoumon hacks all have. I like it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 07:47:28 PM by Vhaltz »

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2012, 08:58:44 PM »
EDIT:
Both Misty and Surge gave some big trouble, but replacing
Spoiler:
Mawile
with
Spoiler:
Sableye
paid off, and having Primeape and
Spoiler:
Ponyta
at level 31 for the latter one made it a lot easier, so I managed to beat both of them on my first try as well. Kind of barely made it on both, specially Misty, I had to use the only revive I had against her.

This hack is proving to be more challenging and fun just by making these harder, unlike resorting to the hellish, tedious dark mazes that the harder Touhoumon hacks all have. I like it.

I rather enjoyed the hack as well! I finished the Pokemon League V2 a couple days ago myself, and am just waiting on Trance to have the time to work on the beta (university's started again for her, so it may be a while).

For Misty, she can be made a bit easier with
Spoiler:
an Onix or Aron with the Sand Stream ability, both found in Mt. Moon, or a Vulpix with Drought, which  I believe you can catch on the route south of Cerulean if you see Bill before doing the gym
. I didn't think to grab either option when I went through this version, so I had to make do with a
Spoiler:
Breloom
, which worked relatively well for both Misty and Surge.

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2012, 10:03:20 PM »
For Misty, she can be made a bit easier with
Spoiler:
an Onix or Aron with the Sand Stream ability, both found in Mt. Moon, or a Vulpix with Drought, which  I believe you can catch on the route south of Cerulean if you see Bill before doing the gym
. I didn't think to grab either option when I went through this version, so I had to make do with a
Spoiler:
Breloom
, which worked relatively well for both Misty and Surge.

Spoiler:
I actually used Aron against Misty, he didn't last long, though (Ludicolo was a bitch in that fight), so once he died I had to gamble on some astonishes getting a flinch to prevent them from setting up the rain again, I got quite lucky.

Also lol

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, for a sec there I thought I wouldn't get anymore.

I'm making very slow progress here, but I'll let you know when stuff's up.