Author Topic: Your favorite Touhou Characters  (Read 34655 times)

Kyaksa

• Fred-Erika Bernkastel Mirrors Rika's True Nature: Spoiled child
  • When They Cry: You are probably dead now
Re: Your favorite Touhou Characters
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2010, 08:18:32 AM »
This is in order

Hong Meiling: She's a great character as most of the SDM cast... I didn't like her until I read a fanon comic called "Scarlet Devil".... Makes you truly wonder how she came to be with Remilia and Sakuya. Also... I think she has great potiental... But all I can do now is have a fanon comics and keep reading them. Anyway it also seems despite what fanon says, Hong Meiling is possibly stronger than Sakuya and very close to Remilia (but not like Sakuya of course).

Parsee Mizuhashi She's also a very interesting character with a great theme... She's a guardian of a bridge that people no longer cross... it must truly be lonely there. But to be honest I never understood the ParseexYuugi couple thing.

Yuka: I loved her story... she's from the mansion of dreams, she holds the power of flowers, she's elegant but ruthlessly brutal. I want to know more about her... and in my opinion Byakuren could never ever beat her, not in a milion of years. But also I'm curiose to how she became the master of Elly.

Elly: How could people not want Elly?! D8 I know Sakuya and Remilia is famous but somehow, nobody cares to remember Elly when they come in touch with Yuka. She's awesome and has a great theme, her danmaku is one of a kind in the PC86 universe. DX I want Elly back!!!

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2010, 01:43:25 AM »
5.) Ichirin Kumoi
I don't know exactly why but something about her piques my interest. Oh, and her theme is nice. (Though Unzan can go away while Icihirin and I go out~)

6.) Youmu Konpaku
I really like her theme and I love the fact that she's a swordsman. Oh, and of course she's cute to boot.
:)
I like them two. Ichirin looks terrible in UFO, but I like her design, and some fanart of her is amazing. Youmu looks so badass and kakkoii when you fight her in PCB. Also like her personality.

Elly: How could people not want Elly?! D8 I know Sakuya and Remilia is famous but somehow, nobody cares to remember Elly when they come in touch with Yuka. She's awesome and has a great theme, her danmaku is one of a kind in the PC86 universe. DX I want Elly back!!!
Haha who doesn't want her back?!? (okok iknow, maybe a lot of people :( )
And her danmaku isn't just unique in PC-98, also Windows! Scythe and tile throwing danmaku? More please!

Letty.  She's cool.  Too cool for you guys obviously.
I laughed out loud at that.

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
  • RIP 7/21/2010-9/10/2010
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2010, 09:56:35 AM »
I just thought of another one! wait for it... this is gonna be funny...

THE FIVE ORBS FROM TOUHOU 2!!!!!!!!!

It's mainly because of the kickass themesong of theirs though.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2010, 02:02:07 PM »
My favorite character?

Suika Ibuki.

• A joyful and friendly personality, but at the same time highly intelligent and perceptive.
  • One of the most awesome abilities and application of said abilities, if not the most awesome.
  • Awesome visual character desgin.
  • A theme that is great even by touhou standards.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2010, 09:34:41 PM »
I'm gonna hafta say either Kogasa or Koishi.

Kogasa
  • Great theme.
  • Love her design.
  • Boatlights.
  • New youkai moe.

Koishi
  • No idea!

I lied. Nice hat and I /love/ her hair.

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
  • RIP 7/21/2010-9/10/2010
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 11:09:34 PM »
do you mean "new youkai mode"?

and what do you mean by "boat lights"?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 11:39:03 PM »
do you mean "new youkai mode"?

and what do you mean by "boat lights"?

He probably means Kogasa is a youkai, and is mo?.

"Boat lights" was a term associated with Suiseiseki of Rozen Maiden, who also had heterochromia.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2010, 05:08:47 AM »
He probably means Kogasa is a youkai, and is mo?.

"Boat lights" was a term associated with Suiseiseki of Rozen Maiden, who also had heterochromia.

Pretty much that (and I've heard the term thrown around a lot when talking about Kogasa).

I've always had a thing for heterochromia'd characters, especially if one of the eye colors (red in Kogasa's case) is a huge contrast to their overall color scheme, hair color, etc.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2010, 07:50:55 PM »
Parsee is the greatest.

Honorable mentions go to Youmu, Satori, and Wriggle.

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2010, 08:24:12 PM »
Marisa: She's a thief, a witch, and cute to boot.

I also like Cirno. She is the strongest! 8D
Thursday: Gordon keeps staring at Jennifer's thighs. Pervert. Pervert. Pervert.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 11:53:54 PM »
Youmu, I don't know why I like her so much. I don't find her very interesting in the games, but I love her dual katana's and fanwork.
Mokou, her theme is god tier and was the reason I started touhou.
Cirno, because cirno.
Utsuho, love the whole nuclear fusion thing and innovative boss fight. Awesome Music and I really started liking her when I player her in Hisoutensoku.
Flanpan, theme. insane. god mode. looks badass. More than enough reasons.

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2010, 05:39:24 PM »
My Favorite would Definently be:
Yuyuko Saigyouji
Cherry Blossoms have always been my favorite kind of tree.
Awesome theme.
Cute Design.
Youkai FTW :D
But Remilia would've my second.

AuNaturel

• Winter is incoming...
  • Identified Romantic Flyer
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2010, 03:43:51 PM »
As of today, I have stumbled upon my new favorite Touhou character, Byakuren Hijiri!

Byakuren gave me one of the most exciting and fun fights I have had playing Touhou!  I fought her straight for an hour and a half (using continues) and... didn't beat her, BUT it was a BLAST!

Going through stage five, shooting through all of the fairies in Makai with the heartbeat and percussion thumping in the background, knowing you're about to stumble upon something spectacular!  The song slows, the only thing remaining is a heartbeat as you sit at the end of Makai, alone, gazing out at the orange sky.  In comes Byakuren, smiling, and greeting you kindly.  After a conversation, the only option is to fight her.  She reacts strongly, her theme starts and then... the fireworks... 

All of her spells are colourful, beautiful, and a blast to play!  Normally when I reach a last boss, it's a struggle for survival.  But against Byakuren, I was enjoying every moment of it, even if I died, I didn't panic, I was having too much fun!

I really like Rin as well.  Her design really soothes me...  The colour of her hair, her braids, her dark green dress, her eyes...   There's just something about her that really attracts me.  Her design combined with the theme of Stage 5, "Lullaby of a Deserted Hell", makes me think of wild, untamed grasslands, going for miles, graced by a cool clam wind, and surrounded by an ocean under dark, calming skies...

On a less personal note ; I like cats.

I have a bit of a soft spot for Keine as well...
Other characters that I like include Shou, Suwako, Koishii, Youmu, Komachi, Remilia, Murasa, Yuyuko, Kanako, Reisen, Letty, Nitori...

Touhou is just full of lovely characters.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:21:46 AM by AuNaturel »
[img width= height=]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8426/sig1xu.jpg[/img]

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 08:29:53 PM »
I guess that now (and it probably always was) my favorite is Alice.
The first one I met, I like how she's a magician and the whole  Alice in wonderland/Agatha Christie reference.
I think she's cool, and I loooove her outfit.
Her theme song is awesome. Same as her stage song and her ex-boss song and her ex-stage song and her stage (PC-98) boss theme  :D
I really liked how she acted in PC-98. I kinda saw it as if Alice had stayed in wonderland, she'd be like that.  In PCB she acted like she really knew about...life (or something). It seems that between PCB and IN she started to meet Marisa, and realized how bothersome/talented/cheerful she is xD (that's why they paired/fought with each other in IN xD)

And the dolls...They need more love, seriously. I mean...GOLIATH DOLL!! xD

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 09:10:31 PM »
1st: Yuka!
She will always be my favourite, and that's that. I love everything about her; character, ability, you name it. Both her stage and boss themes in LLS are awesome and her theme in PoFV makes me enjoy destroying everyone else in that game; especially Reimu. How I so want her to be playable again. ^^

2nd: Patchouli.
Because who doesn't want to have an endless library with a swimming pool inside it? That and she probably knows a lot of spells... Even if she can't use half of them. But think about what may happen when she can. ^^

I really don't know in what order people would come in after that, but those that I will mention as well are:

Elly: Yuka's not complete without Elly!
Kogasa: 'New Youkai Moe' has a lot to learn from Yuka.
Okazaki: She demands more respect!
Sakuya: ZA WARUDO! That and you can't have maids without 'awesome' hard rock. XD
Mima: COME BACK MIMA! If not for us, then at least for Marisa! You all know this to be true!
Cirno: The strongest main character... Unless you count playable Yuka in MS. :3
Utsuho: She wants to create hell on earth... And we all love bad girls right?
Rinnosuke: Because every lad would want to be in his place; you know it.

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2010, 09:32:41 PM »
My bundle of characters that I like... hmmm...

Yuugi - Manly, but feminine, strong but fun, friendly but parent like.
Kanako - ONBASHI RISER SWORD!!  Putting jokes aside, she is a character that had a huge impact on Gensoukyou.
Suika - Cute, cute, overly cute, but yet smug and knowledgeable.
Shikieiki - I'd work 10 days a week, 40 days a month, and 500 days a year if my boss was her.
Alice - I see her as a sort of "perfection", but yet her cowardly nature is adorable.
Parsee - NETA DERE
Youmu - Being premature is an asset!
Mokou - Words can't say of the charm that she has...
Murasa - Biggest impact in UFO, and a very deep background story...
Mima - No way to deny her charm... oh how we miss her...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 09:34:23 PM by Sabino »

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2010, 01:05:44 AM »

Oh my god! Elly!! I wish zun could bring her back too, She is by far my favorite PC-98 character, not only her theme is awesome, but she also has a scythe and a cute hat!

And her tile danmaku is very unique, I don't remember seeing anyone using it in a shmump, the closest thing I can think of are those floating tiles from zelda ALTTP, and they were annoyning.

Also, Yuka needs elly! Otherwise she is just a lonely little girl. If elly ever returns, I'd enjoy the avalanche of yuri between her and yuka that we'd get. :V

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
  • YEET!!!! *throws pollen puff*
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2010, 05:08:44 AM »
5) Suwako Moriya
She's funny and has a nice hat.

4) Kogasa Tatara
Come on, how can you NOT like her? :P

3) Yuuka Kazami
She is an awesome person, being in two stages as both of their bosses. She may be slow in speed, but she can kick ass!

2) Mima-sama~
The best playable character in Touhou. EVER. I mean, seriously, lots of people like her and wants her back, so why not bring her back in the next touhou game?

1) Mugetsu
I freaking love her. I'm serious. I love her theme, her attacks, and the fact that she has nearly impossible phases if you try to time her out. I love her in that maid uniform, and her attack patterns look fun to play through. Even though she had no relation to the story, I still love her. She's just so freakin' cute, I wanna hug her!
Hi. Might put something new here but idk.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2010, 05:20:11 AM »
Hey y'all. I'm not going to lock this thread as it seems to have recaught already, but I just thought i'd point you guys over to our Forum Rules (especially since I see more than a couple unfamiliar faces in the mix). I'll quote this one part since it's directly relevant here: