Author Topic: ALWAYS BET ON DUKE  (Read 7694 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
Re: ALWAYS BET ON DUKE
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 05:38:58 PM »
holy shit YES

I told you sons of bitches that it'd happen. Always count on the duke.  :smug:

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 05:54:47 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it in store.  Otherwise I'm still skeptical that it'll be delayed again. >.>

Oh well, if it does ship, let's just hope it's not as big a disappointment as Chinese Democracy was after all that wait.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 06:08:30 PM »
http://kotaku.com/5629655/your-first-look-at-duke-nukem-forever-in-action DUKE NUKEM FOREVER VIDEOS (bad quality)

I cannot MOTHERFUCKING believe it!!!!!

13 YEARS DAMMIT!

I don't care if it's SHIT or not, I'll play it, because this is a friggin LEGEND.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 06:10:15 PM by 偶然の妖精陰陽師 »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 06:09:58 PM »
And here I thought Half-life 2: Episode 3 was going to be released first.

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 06:25:53 PM »
holy shit what

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 06:32:47 PM »
They're gonna go bankrupt next and we'll wait another 10 years :V

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 06:52:10 PM »
Holy shit.

I might actually get Super Marisa World 2 now.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 07:20:41 PM »
Holy shit.

I might actually get Super Marisa World 2 now.
........you know, today, absolutely nothing would shock me after this.  Nothing could.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 08:19:15 PM »
Here's a little comic I decided to make about this. I wish my new graphics tablet would arrive in the mail sooner.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 09:26:46 PM »
Raise your hand if you remember playing Duke Nukem 3-D on your Windows 3.1-equipped computer and slugged through the demo (since you could never hope to get your hands on a copy of the real thing until a decade after its release) where the game played so slowly that you could've sworn you had entered permanent bullet time even though that wouldn't have been invented for another 4 years. Good God, the memories.

I also remember my cousin getting pissed that I was playing it, typing 'dncashman' and holding the spacebar until the game crashed.

Never thought I would see the day. Always bet on Douk.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 10:16:06 PM »
Whoa, this time they're in polishing phase?

I remember about two or so years ago there was some sorta revival and so everyone decided it was now the end of the world... but hey it might actually come out this time.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2010, 10:24:41 PM »
Duke Nukem Forever will experience unforeseen delays in the form of corporate sabotage that will cause it to shift hands once again. However, in this time, a new engine will release and the team will decide to rebuild the game in the new engine. This will occur in the span of two years.

DNF will release on December 21, 2012.

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2010, 11:17:12 PM »
Reddyne: I can remember myself trying to "1cc" Normal Mode (Let's Rock!), but got squished in the Hotel's secret room (the one which parodies Indiana Jones). I haven't bothered trying to 1cc the hardest mode, because the enemies respawn after being killed and I don't know if the game was really tested to see if it was beatable in that mode.. and I didn't like the idea of rushing to the stages' end while trying to save ammo :p

These times made me remember about other old and good games too.. Earthsiege, MDK, Death Rally, Extreme Pinball..
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 11:45:31 PM »
Holy double damn, I think I just cried in joy.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 12:04:57 AM »
Raise your hand if you remember playing Duke Nukem 3-D on your Windows 3.1-equipped computer and slugged through the demo (since you could never hope to get your hands on a copy of the real thing until a decade after its release) where the game played so slowly that you could've sworn you had entered permanent bullet time even though that wouldn't have been invented for another 4 years. Good God, the memories.

I also remember my cousin getting pissed that I was playing it, typing 'dncashman' and holding the spacebar until the game crashed.

Never thought I would see the day. Always bet on Douk.

Pfft I didn't even have Windows on my gaming machine.  GUIs are for sissies. :smug:

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 12:16:03 AM »

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 12:17:25 AM »
I just spent the last five minutes uttering out complete jibberish at this. I've been a Duke Nukem fan ever since first getting to play it at this obscure LAN cafe my father once took me to. The idea of actually getting to play Duke Nukem Forever within my lifetime is so utterly titillating! Please, no more delays! >_<

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 12:59:09 AM »
This is it, the conspiracy theorists/Mayans were right. We're all boned! This is the sign that marks the end of it all!

And if y'all need me, I'll be in a bunker. :ohdear:

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 01:11:49 AM »
Y'know, I'm just surprised that there aren't more people skeptical about this after, y'know, all the other times they said it's defintely coming out soon.

...Just saying, is all. >.> I'd actually be somewhat pleased if it actually did come out soon, although I just hope they haven't squandered all this time and made something that's, um, really kinda bad, like Axl did with that other (former) in-joke about things being delayed to oblivion. >.>
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 01:20:59 AM »
Here's a little comic I decided to make about this. I wish my new graphics tablet would arrive in the mail sooner.

Permission ta link on blog?

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 01:35:24 AM »
Y'know, I'm just surprised that there aren't more people skeptical about this after, y'know, all the other times they said it's defintely coming out soon.

Well, they put a decent chunk of money, I'd bet, into getting the PAX booth and the ads and demo and whatnot. So it's probably coming. Maybe.... perhaps.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 01:36:04 AM »
Pfft I didn't even have Windows on my gaming machine.  GUIs are for sissies. :smug:
I did have to use the DOS command prompt if I ever wanted to play the Wacky Wheels demo. I remember getting to Jill of the Jungle on my cousin's PC that way too.

I think. That was like 17-18 years ago.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 04:16:55 AM »
It's Gearbox Software developping.  The guys behind Borderlands.

They deliver.

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 06:26:39 AM »
The game is cursed I tell you.

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 06:42:24 AM »
It's Gearbox Software developping.  The guys behind Borderlands.

They deliver.

They made Half Life: Opposing Force. They ROCK.

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2010, 05:22:16 PM »

...Just saying, is all. >.> I'd actually be somewhat pleased if it actually did come out soon, although I just hope they haven't squandered all this time and made something that's, um, really kinda bad, like Axl did with that other (former) in-joke about things being delayed to oblivion. >.>
What part of always bet on Duke do you not get

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 08:13:22 PM »
The "always bet on Duke" part.   :V

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2010, 08:41:04 PM »
The part where I spent over a decade waiting for a game.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2010, 08:42:31 PM »
This is awesome news.

But will it be able to top Duke nukem 3D? I mean does anyone remember the playstation and n64 duke nukem games? what N64 and playstation duke nukem games?