Author Topic: What anime(s) and/or manga(s) are you watching/reading right now?  (Read 218963 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: What anime(s) and/or manga(s) are you watching/reading right now?
« Reply #300 on: December 12, 2015, 07:31:11 PM »
My grammar isn't exactly the best and this is the first time I've heard the word "simile".

I got a question to ask
[attach=1]
Where is this song come from? I know it's from anime 'cause I've seen this PV in Anime Festival Asia but I haven't got it's title. Could you guys help me?
Gotcha covered. It's Hacka Doll: The Animation by Studio TRIGGER.

It's fairly amusing, but it's only eight minutes per episode.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:35:05 PM by Kasu »

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #301 on: December 13, 2015, 01:37:16 PM »
Are you even trying?
Edit: oh, there was another page in the thread.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

« Reply #302 on: December 21, 2015, 09:03:04 PM »
Dungeon Meshi, a manga about eating monsters in a dungeon. It's so good. And it makes me hungry. And it's super in depth about dungeon ecologies.

« Reply #303 on: January 01, 2016, 08:34:51 PM »
Right now I'm read the light novel for Oregairu

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #304 on: January 04, 2016, 05:26:30 AM »
Just finished Pretty Cure Max Heart and now I'm gonna knock off the two movies in the next few days before the Winter season begins. In addition to that, I started the first season of K-On with plans to start Pretty Cure Splash Star right after that.

I have way too much free time. ;>;

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #305 on: January 07, 2016, 08:22:52 AM »
Imouto ga Dekimashita / I Got Myself a Big Sister is one of the cutest things I've ever read. And the art is absolutely gorgeous, that scenery especially omg. I'm getting diabetes. Cute af. More releases hurry scanlators.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #306 on: January 11, 2016, 01:17:26 AM »
Hrrrrrk.....

My feels....

I just finished Comet Lucifer, the feels are strong with the ending.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Drake

« Reply #307 on: February 11, 2016, 11:19:34 AM »
kizumonogatari please show in my city please asvgfjahdbgbf

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
« Reply #308 on: February 15, 2016, 06:59:16 AM »
Seconding dungeon meshi because it is really good and has some fun characters.

Other stuff on the read list is Ajin (really disappointed with the animation). The only thing I am watching this season is Konosuba.

Abit of a throwback but I went to reread Kenji. It is a really old manga but i recommend it to anyone who is into chinese martial arts and fighting mangas.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #309 on: February 23, 2016, 01:55:55 AM »
After not getting around to it for literally years I'm finally watching Gregory Horror Show. It's a 1999 CGI horror anime that I've seen a few different people call the best horror anime ever made. I'm not really sure I agree. It's okay. It watches sort of like a Japanese take on Tales From The Crypt, but it's kind of hobbled by the fact that episodes are less than three minutes long and relatively self-contained, so individual ideas don't get that much development even though it tells a coherent story. The animation is the most interesting thing about it and it's pretty effective. It looks like a weird fucked up PS1 cut scene in a good way, and all of the character designs are super crazy.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #310 on: February 24, 2016, 08:21:15 AM »
My roommate picked up Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash and I decided to watch it with him. It's, I'm guessing, an online rpg setting, though very subdued and not even implied, you just have to guess from the general feel of the setting. Relaxing, mysterious, nicely slow paced. But omg it has some of the most beautiful art I've seen in anime. It's artiful. Man this really makes me want to pick up digital painting somehow...
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

« Reply #311 on: March 08, 2016, 01:11:21 AM »
Currently watching Mirai Nikki and damn is this anime good... im only on episode 5 and i'm already hocked ^~^
I am also reading Love/Death which is a cool story about what would happen if 2 Yanderes, fell in love for each other, i swear i was laughing my a## off in some scenes!
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2016, 05:49:51 AM »
Oh God. I'm almost done the second season of K-On now and I see why it was so talked about. The hilarity cannot be contained.

« Reply #313 on: March 08, 2016, 12:06:30 PM »
My anime watching habits are a bit on and off (seriously, sometimes I watch an anime series right up until the last episode and then I just forget about it or come back to it months later) but here is what I have been familiarizing myself with lately.

Oreimo

Seriously, the main heroine in the anime makes me cringe hard sometimes because it is simply an anime about a teenage girl who plays hentai visual novels and is tsundere as hell to her older brother. The weird sexual tension between her and her older brother can be quite disturbing sometimes as well. What makes me keep watching it is her two otaku friends that show up in the middle of the first season. They are probably the only interesting things that I find in the anime.

Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn?t Exist

An anime about a dystopian future that is ruled by tyrannical censorship and tracking devices with a resistance group that is lead by a female nudist? Sign me up! Douse it make any statements or tell a message about the importance of liberty and how pointless censorship is or anything like that? No. Such a good opportunity for deep cultural commentary is wasted to make way for drama and gags. Oh well, I still plan to see it through to the end.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #314 on: March 08, 2016, 06:21:31 PM »
My anime watching habits are a bit on and off (seriously, sometimes I watch an anime series right up until the last episode and then I just forget about it or come back to it months later) but here is what I have been familiarizing myself with lately.

Oreimo

Seriously, the main heroine in the anime makes me cringe hard sometimes because it is simply an anime about a teenage girl who plays hentai visual novels and is tsundere as hell to her older brother. The weird sexual tension between her and her older brother can be quite disturbing sometimes as well. What makes me keep watching it is her two otaku friends that show up in the middle of the first season. They are probably the only interesting things that I find in the anime.

Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn?t Exist

An anime about a dystopian future that is ruled by tyrannical censorship and tracking devices with a resistance group that is lead by a female nudist? Sign me up! Douse it make any statements or tell a message about the importance of liberty and how pointless censorship is or anything like that? No. Such a good opportunity for deep cultural commentary is wasted to make way for drama and gags. Oh well, I still plan to see it through to the end.
I've seen people argue that Shimoneta does enough on the politics front. I mean, no, it's not a deep show at all, but it's not meant to be, and it accomplishes enough by being as absurd as it is that the message comes through.

And ohh boy you're gonna have fun with the rest of Oreimo.*

* depends gravely on your definition of fun

CenturyEgg

« Reply #315 on: March 09, 2016, 02:36:09 AM »
While it has potential, treating Shimoneta as a in depth satire of society is abit of a leap haha imho.

Speaking if which, is anyone watching Konosuba? This season's stuff and it is pretty entertaining.

Delfigamer

« Reply #316 on: March 09, 2016, 08:06:34 PM »
Speaking if which, is anyone watching Konosuba? This season's stuff and it is pretty entertaining.
Yup. Our party almost universally agrees it's half an AOTS, the other one being this.

« Reply #317 on: March 13, 2016, 10:33:10 PM »
Seen in reddit: "Ojisan to Marshmallow had a bigger plot twist than Erased this week!"

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #318 on: March 13, 2016, 10:40:36 PM »
Seen in reddit: "Ojisan to Marshmallow had a bigger plot twist than Erased this week!"
Marshmallow did take me by surprise this week.

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #319 on: March 16, 2016, 10:32:14 PM »
Gifting the Wonderful World with Explosions confirms a season 2

« Reply #320 on: March 16, 2016, 11:51:48 PM »
Me and UK marathoned volumes 2 and 3 of RWBY over the last week. The feeeeeeeels... ;_;

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #321 on: April 09, 2016, 03:14:31 AM »
Everybody I know has been going nuts over Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans since it started and I'm finally getting around to watching it. I just finished the fourth episode and it's okay so far? It's some real Gundam shit. That's fine I guess. Maybe it gets way more exciting later and it's certainly not bad. I'll keep watching for sure, but I'm in no particular hurry.

I love Biscuit though. One of the things I dislike most about anime (and to a greater and lesser extent just about all media, but it's consistently true in anime) is that "fat" is always code for "gross and incompetent". He's a fat guy who's smart, good at his job, and a good dude. Best character.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #322 on: April 09, 2016, 03:28:07 AM »
Just caught an episode of Kotetsujou no kabaneri. The aesthetic and steampowered theme really makes it feel like a grimmer version of Sakura Taisen. Definitely gonna follow this series for this season.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #323 on: April 09, 2016, 08:05:43 AM »
KUMA MIKO DANCING DANCING

So it's like totally the anime thing to do to have a show with great comedic timing and a serious case of pedophilia. Or pedobear. Your pick.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #324 on: April 09, 2016, 08:12:28 PM »
I wasn't expected Anne Happy to be so amazing, oh lawd. That first episode was absolutely wonderful.

« Reply #325 on: April 10, 2016, 03:09:46 PM »
Just caught an episode of Kotetsujou no kabaneri. The aesthetic and steampowered theme really makes it feel like a grimmer version of Sakura Taisen. Definitely gonna follow this series for this season.
If it doesn't have takarazuka in it then I'm not interested.

Delfigamer

« Reply #326 on: April 10, 2016, 07:50:40 PM »
It sure is a good season today. There are, among other things, a Touhou fanfic, the second season of SnK and, chew, even the beautiful Duwang, chew.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #327 on: April 14, 2016, 10:06:51 PM »
Anne-Happy makes me very happy. :)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #328 on: April 14, 2016, 11:36:15 PM »
Anne-Happy makes me very happy. :)
I can't do anything other than agree with this, haha.

Also, this video pretty much sums up Samurai Flamenco as I near the end.

« Reply #329 on: April 15, 2016, 12:32:50 PM »
Bloody hell, I found out last night on the Touhou wiki that Mimi-chan (the ballistic missile that PC-98 Marisa rides on her PoDD ending http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Minor_Characters#Mimi-Chan) was based on a manga series called Don't Leave me Alone, Daisy which was later on years later turned into a 12 episode series anime. Since ZUN referenced it in his PC-98 days, I decided to give the first episode a look and see what it was like.

Oh boy, it's bad you guys, seriously!

Here is the description of the series:

"The story begins when an innocent, but busty, young schoolgirl goes to recover her hat from what she thought was an abandoned house. But within that house, spying on her, is a deranged madman. Seeing her he becomes obsessed with controlling her, owning her, bending her to his every whim. He, and his array of high tech tools, will threaten her with death, mutilation, control, humiliation and the loss of her own will and identity. Terrors biological, chemical and nuclear will come into play in the nightmare that is her new, controlled, life."

THIS ANIME IS CREEPY AS HELL!!!

The first episode was hard to watch through because of all the creepy stalker undertones throughout it. Near the end of the first episode, Techno (yes, that's the male leads name) tries to cryogenically preserve "Daisy" in a tube while shouting "I'm going to protect you from this harsh world, Daisy!" all against her will. I kept expecting the dude to kill her and wear her skin at any moment.  :ohdear:

I'm going to keep watching this simply because it is so shockingly bizarre and bad. I mean, this is seriously a feminists nightmare fuel!  :D

ZUN... did you seriously like this manga so much that you decided to reference it in you PC-98 game? Why ZUN, why?