Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 221066 times)

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #390 on: February 02, 2014, 06:06:35 PM »
I was thinking there were four Cirno impostors.

4 of a kind.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #391 on: February 05, 2014, 02:21:18 AM »
Yeah, I realized that after I posted and was too lazy to edit it.
Speaking of Mario and Flandre, Pom-Pom one-ups Flandre in Super Mario 3D World by splitting into way more than 4.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

« Reply #393 on: February 05, 2014, 04:10:27 AM »
Spending this horrid East Coast winter complaining about Letty getting out of hand.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #394 on: February 05, 2014, 07:25:02 AM »
Spending this horrid East Coast winter complaining about Letty getting out of hand.

I do that a lot. If it's also blowing hard, it's combined with "Curse you, you damn crow!"

« Reply #395 on: February 05, 2014, 05:32:24 PM »
I do that a lot. If it's also blowing hard, it's combined with "Curse you, you damn crow!"

Yeah...that sounds like something I'd do if we had a lot of very windy days.

« Reply #396 on: February 06, 2014, 03:28:39 AM »
When it starts raining and you suddenly try to dodge the falling raindrops.

« Reply #397 on: February 08, 2014, 07:01:11 PM »
You know you're addicted to Touhou when you spend 2 hours copying Touhou music to your iPod.
Which I just did.

No regrets.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #398 on: February 08, 2014, 07:22:45 PM »
When it starts raining and you suddenly try to dodge the falling raindrops.

Ur Example of 1cc Lunatic runs.

When arguing on character aspects, I tend to go to TV Tropes and point out the relevant trope...

Quote from: TVTropes SugarWiki's "Needs More Love"
While Touhou has a huge fandom, attention towards the predecessor PC-98 games seems to be small. While the graphics may not be as advanced, and an emulator is required to run them on a modern computer, they are extremely good. The music is just as good as the music from the newer games, the characters just as frilly and interesting, and the gameplay is actually a bit easier than the Windows games ? perfect if you're looking to get into Touhou but suck at Bullet Hell.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:31:29 PM by Cybeast710 »

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #399 on: February 09, 2014, 12:20:02 PM »
I once joked on how Touhou never leaves your body, and if you do leave Touhou, it will always find a way back into you. Seems like I wasn't joking. I want to play Touhou 6 all of sudden.  :3

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #401 on: February 14, 2014, 10:05:42 PM »
Someone on the computer next to me in school was playing a game where you had to unscramble words. On one of the scrambled words, four letters in the middle of the word lined up perfectly to spell "CHEN"

« Reply #402 on: February 15, 2014, 01:42:30 AM »
I've watched so many Touhou videos, YouTube thinks I live in Japan.
checkFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die The death>! <Sentence to death>! <Great equalizer is The Death>!

« Reply #403 on: February 16, 2014, 03:27:14 AM »
On one of the mini-whiteboards in my French class the other day, I drew ZUN-art-styled Maribel and Renko and labelled them "Marie" and "Ren?e". By now they've probably been erased, though.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #404 on: February 16, 2014, 03:39:32 AM »
I once joked on how Touhou never leaves your body, and if you do leave Touhou, it will always find a way back into you. Seems like I wasn't joking. I want to play Touhou 6 all of sudden.  :3

Except that's the Touhou 9 version. :P

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #405 on: February 16, 2014, 10:47:10 AM »
Except that's the Touhou 9 version. :P
Yup, mate, that's how long I've been without touching a game of the series. I can't even remember them correctly.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

ShiroiMahotsukai

• White Mage with a Twist
« Reply #406 on: February 17, 2014, 06:23:18 AM »
Been playing Danganrompa  on Vita since it arrived on Thursday and can't stop calling Byakuya, Byakuren, it hurts my heart to know I'm mixing up those two of all people.
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"

« Reply #407 on: February 21, 2014, 12:44:17 AM »
When you immediately think of Mokou whenever "phoenix" or "immortality" comes up in a conversation.

Or when you make a campfire.

« Reply #408 on: February 21, 2014, 08:37:26 AM »
When you hum the master spark sound effect after turning on a flashlight.

« Reply #409 on: February 21, 2014, 09:30:52 AM »
Our psychology professor showed a Rorschach test that generally resembles a butterfly, but Cirno kept popping in my head.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #410 on: February 22, 2014, 07:13:52 AM »
.......*proceeds to start swearing because LLS has a very unforgiving ruleset (No Stage 6 after Continue) and stuff like this is a heartbreaker*

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
« Reply #411 on: February 25, 2014, 12:44:02 AM »
I found possibly the best Minecraft mod I have ever seen in my entire life.

It's called the Custom Steve mod, currently at version 0.(9).0. What does it do?
Well...
You can import MMD models (not sure about other models) into the game so your character can look like that model.
It sounds impossible, but it happened.

Along with that, one of the default models is Flandre. In order to be Flandre, you just have to edit a config file.
I've tried it out for myself (ending up with insane FPS drops), and it's pretty cool. A little glitchy, but very cool.

Give it a try (you'll be glad you did): http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2367438-164162-customsteve-0%E2%91%A80-change-the-model-of-steve-to-whatever-you-want/

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #412 on: February 25, 2014, 08:33:28 PM »
.......*proceeds to start swearing because LLS has a very unforgiving ruleset (No Stage 6 after Continue) and stuff like this is a heartbreaker*

Then you go find the options menu, add one more life, and proceed to DESTROY Yuuka somehow in Stage 6 without even dying.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #413 on: February 25, 2014, 11:07:52 PM »
When you cannot take seriously any news that speaks about China.....

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #414 on: February 26, 2014, 01:03:16 PM »
When you blame or thank Koishi for every silly subconscious action you take (just like lucky dodges).
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

ShadowDragonYoukai

• Banned
  • Serial shitposter
You know your addicted to touhou when you hear grazing while close to walls.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
When you think to yourself that a pack of 50 Cirnos could cooperate better than Twitch Plays Pokemon.

EDIT: Marluxia, from KH:CoM, has a GIANT SCYTHE. Can teleport from one side to the other instantaneously. Can slash through you. Can hit you with an UNDODGABLE spiral of cherry blossoms (HAVE YOUR ZERO IN RESERVE AT ALL TIMES TO BE READY TO COUNTER THAT ATTACK). I jokingly called him Komachi when the scythe first came out. As the fight went on... It wasn't a joke anymore. It was serious.

EDIT2: When you think this is a pretty good story: http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Mima

EDIT3: ...OK, I think Satori is fucking with my computer. I've had iTunes give songs for my mood or in context to what I'm doing. If you don't believe me, I'm typing about how Yukari is an eldritch abomination. "This is Halloween" comes on. I figure it's a good idea at this point to get back to work and stop wisecracking. "Septette for the Dead Princess." I decide to post to my Rumia roleplay account on Facebook about this. Next song? APPARITIONS STALK THE NIGHT! ...Later that night, I'm depressed about how much work I have left to - "2-2 Blues." ...Seriously, what the hell. ...You know, given the right embellishments, this could make a good creepypasta... So I go to post on FB again, as I'm in the middle of a comment and just debating how weird this is: "Decisive Magic Battle ~ Fight It Out" starts playing. ...Wow, iTunes. It's also worth mentioning that the EULA specifically says you can't use it for nuclear weapons for some weird reason and it also played one of the TWO fire emblem songs I had, while I was TALKING TO A FRIEND ABOUT FIRE EMBLEM FOR 5 MINUTES, OUT OF A LIBRARY OF EIGHTEEN HUNDRED SONGS. Seriously, what the hell!? That's just freaky!

^
| The thing about me believing Satori was doing it was bullshit but the rest is all true.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 04:56:14 PM by Cybeast710 »

One of my friends last name is Hearn. Guess what I think of whenever I hear it?

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.

Well done, glitchers! We have finally found out how to summon Cirno into the ever-so-screwed-up world of Generation 1 Pokemon!
Only if I knew how to do that without destroying my game... Only if...

Oh yes, before I forget, this happened by complete accident. My brother and I were both picking random for the character and stage, and I only did the hammer move just once.

It has a random number and effect, from one to nine. This was perfect.
Cirno did die in one hit with zero previous damage, as she was too close to the edge. This was the very first thing that happened in the match.