Author Topic: Dnh 0.12m & ph3 video tutorials [New: Using Wine to Run Touhou Games ]  (Read 44527 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Danmakufu video tutorials [Update: 6th tutorial]
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2009, 05:30:33 PM »
6th tutorial uploading introducing extreme basic of Object bullets. It is short and hopefully clear. Objects topic is too big to handle in one or two movies as it can take various shapes and styles. Starting out with the basic is the easiest.

Please wait warmly for Youtube to trigger HD.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Danmakufu video tutorials [Update: 7th tutorial]
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2009, 10:32:31 PM »
WHAT? 7th tutorial ?!

Well I had the spare time this weekend and devoted it like an otaku for this :V ( Actually, the tutorial took me shorter to make then the whole encoding. I hate my PC for this ).

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2009, 11:10:41 PM »
Lol you sound really dutch in your vids :P You pronounce Danmaku like Danmakoe :V

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 06:19:23 AM »
Lol you sound really dutch in your vids :P You pronounce Danmaku like Danmakoe :V

I think it's a good thing.
Accents turn me on so much
Wotters gonna' wot

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 07:53:08 AM »

Why do you think I have Keine as the opening image on every video :V

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 02:15:09 PM »
I thought because she was a teacher, how is she related to the netherlands?  ???

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2009, 02:57:51 PM »
I thought because she was a teacher, how is she related to the netherlands?  ???

You know, the cow jokes about Keine / Ex-Keine? And I know, it makes 0 sense. But this the best I can do trying to avoid dutch accent. But pronouncing Danmakufu isn't that easy for me as semi-turkish and dutch as in both language the 'u' tone is long or as a 'oe' almost. ( Well in the turkish language atleast )

:V

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2009, 11:37:50 PM »
I'm new to Danmakufu, and these videos have been really helpful. So thank you!

Also, for some reason I think it's really funny when you talk about Cirno. Maybe it's because you still sound relatively serious.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2009, 04:44:57 PM »
Dohohoh Naut, your comments are spot on on the tutorials. I totally messed that up. Forgive me ( horrible from me as a teacher ).

I think this would be a typical: CHARISMA BREAK  no ?

( thanks for the reminder <3 updating first post )

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Danmakufu video tutorials [Update: 9th tutorial - Familiars]
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2009, 11:23:15 PM »
9th tutorial suddenly uploaded. Merry christmas Rika's garage.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2009, 11:59:59 AM »
thanks helepolis
when will you make a tutorial about 3d BGs?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2009, 02:15:40 PM »
Good question, to be honest I have no idea. I think there is also little left to explain from the basic stuff ( perhaps effect objects ) before I go into stages. Also If I got enough knowledge on how to exactly explain it people the right way. Because 3D drawing with scrolling can be done in many various ways. And I don't know if the method I am using now for Dance Contest is a suitable method.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2009, 01:12:22 AM »
Now, you only need to teach us 3D drawing, Helesensei, and I we'll got everything to Take Over the World make an own game.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Danmakufu video tutorials [Update: 10th tutorial - Effect Objects]
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2010, 05:08:09 PM »
New pc , new software and new tutorial. This time some extremely basic effect object tutorial. Please watch warmly while youtube is preparing HD.

And god damn it stupid Megui is hating Windows7. It is so far the only program causing me trouble.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2010, 05:42:34 PM »
Please make a tutorial about absolute and relative pathnames :D
it will solve many future problems.

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »
Please make a tutorial about absolute and relative pathnames :D
it will solve many future problems.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2010, 05:49:35 PM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=385.0   "Understanding Paths and Directories by Helepolis - Covers some details regarding handling the file structure of your projects."

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2010, 06:03:33 PM »
I actually meant a video. Because most beginners dont even have an account here, or didnt care to read it.
They will most likely watch your video. if you make it.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2010, 06:10:44 PM »
I understand your points, and they are possibly a good idea.

This may sound a bit rejecting ( which it is ) but I seriously don't see it being turned into a video tutorial. As the idea of video tutorials is to aid people with visual appearance aside the boring script text. For showing the results, it might work in a motivating or clearing way.

Pathing is just following the rules of your own mind. Visually aiding it is useless and just because newbies will watch it, looks like a cheap way to get away with it. In my opinion people ( newbies , intermediates or experts ) should simply seek beyond the videos and broaden their knowledge. We have an excellent tutorial FAQ and listing which has been contributed by various scripters. It is a shame people only follow the videos because the text tutorials add the missing information often which is perhaps not shown in the videos.

Feel free to discuss / debate if you think I am wrong.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2010, 07:10:23 PM »
you could also just make a short announcement xD

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2010, 07:33:38 PM »
People, making a useful tutorial is work. Helepolis already took it upon himself to make a tutorial on pathing. Now you request that he should make another tutorial on the same subject. Why? Because reading a single DINA4 page is too much work?  :/

Come on.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2010, 09:03:41 PM »
no.
the point is, nobody will read this text tutorial. his video tutorials however are popular among the beginners. ~

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Danmakufu video tutorials [11th tutorial? - MainLoop style scripting ]
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2010, 02:37:25 PM »
This is something that has been bothering me for a pretty long time. And discussing it with several people multiple times on IRC we came to the conclusion something had to be done about this.

Thus a tutorial about the @MainLoop ( WHAT? ) Yes, you read it well. The MainLoop, because from the many PMs, questions and things I have seen, I thought it would be handy to exclusively handle this.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2010, 02:41:21 PM »
How do you mean? Functions carried out in the main loop, or actual pattern-making mostly carried out there as opposed to the task-based system you've been using in the tutorials? Either would be very useful.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2010, 02:44:40 PM »
No function calling, just raw MainLoop scripting. The task based system I personally use ignores the mainloop because nothing is called from there, hence the reason I call mainTask from @Initialise.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Danmakufu video tutorials [12th tutorial - Custom player script]
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2010, 05:36:50 PM »
Uploaded new tutorial because I was being spammed with PMs =|  This time it is about creating your own playable custom player.

Enjoy it with my amazing English.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Danmakufu 0.12m & ph3 video tutorials [Ph3 introduction tutorial]
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2013, 09:14:18 PM »
I want to proudly present a ph3 tutorial. After long pondering and wondering, I got my recording software back together and decided to tackle ph3 for beginners.

Whether you're a newcomer or 0.12m scripter, transition to ph3 isn't that bad. Though keep in mind lots of functions are still under way and you'll be slightly caught off guard by various functions. Make sure you have AppLocal installed and configured.

More video tutorials will follow up if my time and energy ( due to fasting period currently :V ) allows it.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:41:48 PM by Helepolis »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Update
A small but useful tutorial has been added for both 0.12m and ph3. It might be useful for people to understand that Notepad++ is more convenient. There was already a text-based tutorial for AppLocale, but a video tutorial will be a nice addition to our tutorial library.

Furthermore I have adjusted the opening post lay out and configured some of the links. Eventually I will try to put as much as possible on mediafire regarding the tutorials.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Dnh 0.12m & ph3 video tutorials [New: Ph3 improving boss & danmaku]
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2013, 02:01:02 AM »
A second tutorial for ph3 has been summoned. We continue where we left off to improve our boss and danmaku as well as learning more about the power of tasking, functions and some more. The video can be found in the opening post, along with the download for the script to compare or study it. I would logically advice not to peek ahead :V

Hopefully in the next video, I can start explaining a spell card by introducing sounds, music and 2D sprites for easy effects.