Author Topic: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe! (Judging Complete!)  (Read 47405 times)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe! (Final Drafts!)
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2015, 01:58:09 PM »
Well, you played the wrong version, but that's my fault. I'm guessing we can't redo (read: replace) any patterns, just modify them, because I was planning to redo the second non-spell before, but I couldn't get around to it.

Do whatever you want to do, as long as you get it in on time.
Also: I believe I played the latest version. Did you upload a new one?

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2015, 05:14:21 PM »
Do whatever you want to do, as long as you get it in on time.
Also: I believe I played the latest version. Did you upload a new one?
I uploaded a new one ~4 hours before the deadline. I should have informed you.

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
  • I can cut people with all this edge
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2015, 05:25:15 PM »
Download : http://www.bulletforge.org/u/lunarhazuki/p/contradictory-catastrophe-by-lunarethic/v/final

Proper Submission this time. God , Ok thanks to kirbio for uploading my "Playable Version" because now i have done the "Final Version" of my entry for Contradictory Catastrophe and here it is! (Finally on BulletForge :V) This is it the version with 5 Difficulties XD
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:28:17 PM by Lunarethic »
いつもニコニコあなたの隣に這いよる!生放送!は好き。月です~す。略してニコニャル
Learned how to use a custom shotsheet : 12/28/13 *clapclapclap*
東方謎佚光 ~ Dimensional Light Abscence Work In Progress Touhou Fangame

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2015, 05:55:52 PM »
Well... I guess I'm done with the script: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aeh4i473dtvnyha/RaNGE13CCPTvfinal.zip?dl=0

Hopefully it's better this time and not worse.

TTBD

• The Terrible Bullet Dodger
  • ^ This is a meme. Praise it. ^
    • I have a Youtube account!
« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2015, 06:09:49 PM »
Oh, it's over? Darn.  :derp:
Oh well, i'll probably submit a project on the next contest.  :D
Looks like I don't need a signature either...

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2015, 06:11:05 PM »
Final updates to entries for judging are due in 7 hours and 20 minutes from the time of this post

« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2015, 01:37:23 AM »
File is uploaded. Final version, I guess =P

link
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 01:41:37 AM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
FINAL SUBMISSIONS ARE HEREBY CLOSED

Anyone caught uploading a new version to Bulletforge without prior notice between now and the date when we complete judging will be docked points.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2015, 05:28:48 AM »
For everyone's information, I have completed my portion of the judging, and we're finding bugs here and there. It's not pretty, but there are always ways to do things.

Notes:
HopeMetal: Your recent updates to your script are pretty nice. I will consider a video after the judging period if you decide to further enhance your script
TresserT: My god adding the backgrounds really improved the aesthetics of your script. Anyways, you may get a video... eventually. The thing is that by playing normally on Easyish mode, I can only get as far as Spell 4. I've tried Spells 5 (survival) and 6 (GFW) in your stage/boss folder with the Medicine Practice Player, and it seems like it will be impossible for me to survive through either of those, even if I turn on Autobombing (the mat). As a result, I cannot give you a video as of now because I cannot beat the entirety of that script. And on that note, AchySolrock, one of the judges, seems to have found an exploit in the player script, but it's not practical to use.

P.S.
[2/21/15, 12:21:41 AM] Trickysticks: Bob's crashes if you skip the dialogue

Don't fix it now, but be aware of it so that you can fix it after the judging period has ended.

And with that, Sparen out! There is a chance Trickysticks will manage to get videos for the 0.12m entries in the near future, and I will try to get acceptable replays for some of the ph3 scripts soon.

EDITS:
Lefkada: How do you select a route?

[2/21/15, 12:27:56 AM] Trickysticks: The 0.12m entries are going to be a headache
[2/21/15, 12:28:03 AM] Trickysticks: I'll have videos of both by tomorrow
^You have his word for it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:31:09 AM by Sparen »

« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2015, 06:26:21 AM »
Ehh? That was fast. You can't practice the spells that way, as they default to a higher difficulty. The other 2 difficulties are supposed to be jokes, though, so they're essentially impossible. Though I suppose that doesn't solve the issue of you not being able to get there on Easyish.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2015, 09:55:07 AM »
Lefkada: How do you select a route?
It's on the 1st spell. If Letty take more damage, you'll fight Letty on the rest of the script. If Lily take the more damage, you'll fight Lily. And you get the lastword of the boss you don't fight.
And for the first 2 nonspell it's Lily in Normal and Letty in Hard (and there is no Hard-Lily or Normal-Letty).

I forgot to put a readme in the file. So I add the informations on bulletforge.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:37:49 AM by Lefkada »

TTBD

« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2015, 10:48:44 AM »
It's on the 1st spell. If Letty take more damage, you'll fight Letty on the rest of the script. If Lily take the more damage, you'll fight Lily.

Oh, so it's like the Prismriver Sisters? Cool.

« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2015, 11:26:52 AM »
Yeah. It's exactly the same fight pattern and the sames mechanics (2nonspell, 1multiboss spell, 1 alternative nonspell & spell and 2multiboss spells).
And if you notice...
Spoiler:
Restricted Bosses: You may not use the following bosses: Prismriver Sisters > Primsriver-like fight
Restricted Pairs: You can do any boss combination except for these: Shizuka-Minoriko > Aki Sisters player

TTBD

« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2015, 02:53:48 PM »
Yeah. It's exactly the same fight pattern and the sames mechanics (2nonspell, 1multiboss spell, 1 alternative nonspell & spell and 2multiboss spells).
And if you notice...
Spoiler:
Restricted Bosses: You may not use the following bosses: Prismriver Sisters > Primsriver-like fight
Restricted Pairs: You can do any boss combination except for these: Shizuka-Minoriko > Aki Sisters player

Yours is definitely one of the best scripts. Yours and Lunarethic's, that is.  :V

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2015, 03:35:00 PM »
Yours is definitely one of the best scripts. Yours and Lunarethic's, that is.  :V

For those of you who are interested, when I judged, Lefkada and Lunar tied to the first decimal place. I don't know what the other judges have done for those two scripts, but the tie seemed to be sheer coincidence.

Additionally, the final method of judging has been determined: The judges will all give a score between 0 and 20 (8 for danmaku, 8 for originality/creativity/theme, 4 for other aspects such as menus, effects, etc) and I will be curving them to standardize them. I will sum the squares of the top three curved results to get the final score.

EDIT: Apparently I'm not the only judge who can't run 0.12m. There's a chance that the other(s) who can't run 0.12m will be judging off of Tricky's videos. Regardless, I'm surprised that the judging is already more than half done.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 03:46:50 PM by Sparen »

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
Re: Danmakufu Contest: Contradictory Catastrophe!
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2015, 05:04:48 PM »
Helepolis: That last comment spawned some very... interesting conversation. ^_^

I'll be sure to output videos of the 0.12m scripts for the other judges as soon as possible, and from there judgment should proceed quickly. 

and they said 0.12m would be obsolete
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe! (Judging)
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2015, 04:18:43 PM »
Tricky's videos have been linked in the second post (the one with all of the videos)

EDIT @ 10:55PM EST
Both Achy and I have finished our portion of the judging. Miransu and Trickysticks have 3 and 4 entries left to judge, respectively. Expect the results to come out soon!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 03:56:23 AM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe! (Judging)
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2015, 05:08:26 AM »
Judging is coming along relatively smoothly, as long as no more irl issues happen with Tricky and Miransu. If all goes well, judging will be done tomorrow.

EDIT: DNHArt 101: Link
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:06:00 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe! (Judging Complete!)
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2015, 07:51:55 PM »
JUDGING COMPLETE!!!

Excel Spreadsheet - feel free to comment

It's finally over - a disaster has passed, and all have praised the lord Seija for her incident resolution problems.

And yes - it is finally, finally over. A hero has arisen. His name?

Kirbio

Thank you very much to all of the participants and all of those who followed this contest! All results and videos will be in this post. From this point onwards, feel free to comment, laugh, cry, etc.

1: KIRBIO
2: LUNAR HAZUKI
3: EPHY/LEFKADA
4: BOB THE TANUKI
5: TRESSERT
6: SEARINOX
7: ZHAN FOX
8: HOPEMETAL

At this point, scripters can upload new versions of their scripts, and video making is encouraged. There are no prizes for this contest, but I hope you all had fun and learned a bit about danmakufu!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:54:02 PM by Sparen »

Re: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe! (Judging Complete!)
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2015, 08:24:36 PM »
Thank you for this contest and congratulation Kirbio 

BobTheTanuki

• Ph3?
  • What is it?
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2015, 04:42:08 AM »
Whoah
Yeah,thank you for the contest
And cogratulations to all!
I hope that the next contest is coming U-U

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
  • I can cut people with all this edge
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2015, 04:45:59 AM »
Ah Yes, the Surprise Conrestant wins again , grats Kirbio , This was a nice contest it gave me a chance to script koakuma and daiyousei (while not having their original ability but i guess its fine i just wanted to experiment with danmaku beauty tbh) and i experienced making a dual boss fight for once so thanks sparen. I would admit the script is rushed but anyways i had fun in the end , i dont know if i would update it one last time to add more things i want but considering theres already videos of it. I dont want people to rerecord.
いつもニコニコあなたの隣に這いよる!生放送!は好き。月です~す。略してニコニャル
Learned how to use a custom shotsheet : 12/28/13 *clapclapclap*
東方謎佚光 ~ Dimensional Light Abscence Work In Progress Touhou Fangame

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2015, 05:15:39 AM »
Whoah
Yeah,thank you for the contest
And cogratulations to all!
I hope that the next contest is coming U-U

Actually, it's better to not have contests one after another. There were just two contests (ICM, Artifact 3), so few people participated. The longer the break between contests, the better the odds that there will be more entries and better quality entries. I scheduled this contest to take place directly after Artifact 3, which only two people bothered to submit entries for, so it's best if we go at least two months without a contest - that way people will be able to finish their projects.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2015, 07:36:35 AM »
Congratulations  to Kirbio :toot:

Hmmm it looked as if there were more participants but eventually only 8. Contests are always hard  :ohdear:

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2015, 10:06:04 AM »
Time to hop aboard the bandwagon and wish Kirbio a well-deserved congratulations on his script as well. :toot: 

But really, congrats to the other top-scoring scripters as well.  I saw some really cool stuff there--cooler than anything I could've probably come up with for the concept (for the record, the best idea I could think up was Mokou using water-based versions of a few of her IN spells--with the appropriate twists of course--but I just couldn't think of a creative enough angle to put on everything).  I considered joining the contest, but an unholy combination of lack of free time, motivation, and good ideas prevented me from doing so.  Instead I spent the time working on a personal project, which I'll end up posting soon enough. ::)

I look forward to the next contest though.  I'm hoping I can actually think up something clever enough by then.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:09:11 AM by AJS »

kirbio

• Leader of Team αlternative Σnding
  • Or is it...?
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2015, 03:57:24 PM »
Whoa I'm surprised!
I didn't expect a script that rushed made under 3 day coming all this good lol

Thank you very much,everyone.
I really have fun with this contest and I hope everyone have fun with it too. :D

I love other contest entry as well. Everyone's doing a very good job.
Congrats to all contestant!  :toot:

EDIT: By the way,I noticed my title changed to Idiot Princess,is it a mistake or something? Since I never visited Moronic Coliseum section before.
Just asking. (Or this is part of a winning prize?)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:02:38 PM by kirbio »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2015, 04:57:07 PM »
Whoa I'm surprised!
I didn't expect a script that rushed made under 3 day coming all this good lol

Thank you very much,everyone.
I really have fun with this contest and I hope everyone have fun with it too. :D

I love other contest entry as well. Everyone's doing a very good job.
Congrats to all contestant!  :toot:

EDIT: By the way,I noticed my title changed to Idiot Princess,is it a mistake or something? Since I never visited Moronic Coliseum section before.
Just asking. (Or this is part of a winning prize?)

It's part of the winning prize

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2015, 10:35:56 PM »
Kirakishou7 has uploaded his videos of the contest entries - see the second post on this thread for links.

EDIT: Links and contest results have been shoved in the existing DNHArt videos.

TresserT, Searinox, HopeMetal: If you release a new version of your script, that would be great.

TresserT: Your replay menu apparently doesn't work, according to Kirakishou
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:42:03 PM by Sparen »

TTBD

TresserT: Your replay menu apparently doesn't work, according to Kirakishou

It's true. I've just tried to open it, and when you try to, the thing crashes, and you have to restart Danmakufu.