Author Topic: Googles gone and done it again.  (Read 5223 times)

Googles gone and done it again.
« on: November 01, 2012, 08:03:11 PM »
November has begun so that means Google must change the layout of Youtube in some way. This time its the front page.

I don't know why its like this it doesn't match up with the rest of the site. Makes subs harder to get to because the setting defaults to now playing.

And I have no idea what "Show uploads only in feed" means but I'm sure its important for seeing what gets uploaded.

Oh boy now they're going through and changing all the pages. Seems this beast is still incomplete.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 08:12:09 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

Re: Googles gone and done it again.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 08:15:21 PM »
It's been like that for a week or two now, at least here.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 08:18:55 PM »

And I have no idea what "Show uploads only in feed" means but I'm sure its important for seeing what gets uploaded.

My best guess is that it means it disables showing related videos if you have that tickied.

To which I say thank fuck. Strange/stupid shit winds up in my related videos at times.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 08:22:43 PM »
My best guess is that it means it disables showing related videos if you have that tickied.

To which I say thank fuck. Strange/stupid shit winds up in my related videos at times.

As far as I've been able to tell is that checking the box keeps the subs comments and favs from showing up in your sub feed.

So I've checked all the boxes because I don't give a care about what my subs are favoring and commenting on.

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 08:52:27 PM »
Has anyone ever cared about that? It'd make more sense for that to be the default.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 09:20:53 PM »
Still the same for me. I've seen that layout pop up once or twice and complained about it, I'd rather have Related Videos and not just "channels I should subscribe to"

I always hated The Bubble and the impending layout only seems to make it worse.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Drake

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 04:38:39 AM »
I just stopped bothering with it all and now I'm playing around with a custom CSS instead. Now the layout changes can actually be more annoying, but at least I don't care about the colors and positioning and crap anymore.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 09:02:10 AM »
This is why I'm not on YT anymore. :V

Well, that and the fact that the site as acted like its been coded by drunken retarded badgers for years and years, literally never getting better.

I highly recommend uploading your stuff on a different site.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 09:49:30 AM »
My youtube never changes its layout :/
I get it literally 6 months after most people switch. It was like this the previous layout change too.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 01:36:26 PM »
This is why I'm not on YT anymore. :V

Well, that and the fact that the site as acted like its been coded by drunken retarded badgers for years and years, literally never getting better.

I highly recommend uploading your stuff on a different site.
How do you avoid Youtube? It's literally the Google of videos. Only being on something with size like Nico Nico Douga I could understand, but intentionally avoiding Youtube pretty much cuts access to a rather large part of the internet.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 02:00:26 PM »
How do you avoid Youtube? It's literally the Google of videos. Only being on something with size like Nico Nico Douga I could understand, but intentionally avoiding Youtube pretty much cuts access to a rather large part of the internet.

Well, here's how I see it: it really depends how you want to use your favorite video sites. YouTube hosts pretty much everything, of any quality. Sites like Vimeo, on the other hand, will host better quality videos, but lacks the social networking aspect that YouTube has. It's a matter of priorities. I wouldn't go so far as to say that YouTube is an essential part of the internet, but its usefulness seems based primarily on "I always go there because everyone else goes there".

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Drake

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 11:55:51 PM »
Well without its uploaders using multiple video sharing services or some massive amount of mirroring, you have to go there to get the content that was hosted only on Youtube. Not strictly because "everyone else goes there", but because everyone else goes there, it's necessary in order to find the content you're looking for, or to have a larger pool when searching for content.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -