Author Topic: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth  (Read 43756 times)

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
Re: The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
« Reply #240 on: December 06, 2014, 11:56:39 PM »
y'know what would help you with that? Pyromaniac. Heal when you get hit by explosion never shows up as much as I want it to.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #241 on: December 07, 2014, 02:56:20 AM »

You see how the room seems kinda yellow? That's
Spoiler:
the shine from Godhead illuminating the entire field of view.
Blue Baby died in 1 charged chocolate milk shot.

Here's the seed, but I did that one special item via rerolling a key-piece in an angel room. (From what I've heard rerolls are seeded as well but I guess mentioning would be necessary):
QAS4 XPWT
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 03:01:58 AM by Yookie »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #242 on: December 07, 2014, 07:38:04 AM »
How do you people get these giant effing shots? I've had a run where I had like mark of the beast, pentagram, cayote head (that's the 1.5X one right? I forget), stigmata, AND Polyphemus, and my shots were stil not even as big as isaac himself.. wut.

edit: oh yeah looked at screenshot closer, I had 99 gold with cash eyeballs too.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #243 on: December 07, 2014, 10:33:37 AM »
Well I managed to get everything is terrible on my first Eve run.

I also became
Spoiler:
Lord of the Flies

If anyone wants the seed to what was a very fun run [Which ended at Sheol when I was locked at 1/2 heart with enemies which would teleport on me] here's the seed: 2YP6 A8WJ. Aside from the transformation; there's Gamekid + Taurus which is a hilarious combination.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #244 on: December 07, 2014, 11:50:41 AM »
How do you people get these giant effing shots?

I didn't even have Polyphemus. :V
It's mostly due to Chocolate Milk, Max's Head and Rotten Onion but this is also Blood Clot-amplified and there's a ton of other damage ups in there.

Edit: I did it. I managed to crash Rebirth by being too silly. Strangely enough, it should have been able to handle me creating infinite items. :V

got milk?

Spoiler:
Mega-Stan's
room is a giant sink. If too many pickups are summoned within they will be drained through the top left corner.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:43:51 PM by Yookie »

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2014, 10:59:03 PM »
Ahahaha.

Well. That was a run.

Started off terrible. Playing as ???, first item room had the Bottle of Pills which gave me an immediate luck down, then I nearly died to the Haunt on floor 1. Then floor 2 happened.

Monstro as boss, then the devil room had 3 red chests. One had Guppy's Tail, the other had Dead Cat. I was already at 1 heart, so I thought "why not" and took both.

Now, it sort of snowballed after. I found Cricket's head, the goat head, and Tammy's head. Angel room gave me Holy Grail, I took Eve's Mascara and later Cupid's Arrow, and basically zoomed to Depths II, where I found Spoon Bender in the item room and proceeded to murder red mom in a few hits. Somewhere along the way a random golden chest gave me Guppy's head to complete the Guppy transformation.

The devil room after had... (drumroll please) Dark Bum. Well.

Then I checked the boss rush room. Polyphemus or the D6. I took Polyphemus because hey why not, then I oneshot every single boss.

Nothing stood a chance. Mom's heart died the moment I entered the room. Tammy's head ended Satan's second phase instantly, and
Spoiler:
the Lamb
dropped to half health before I took a step. Boy was that amazing.

Seed: 43HQ 0MKM
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

Smashy

• :V tank
  • ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #246 on: December 11, 2014, 03:55:44 PM »
Patch 1.031 and 1.032 is out:

Improve Steam Cloud sync
Fix random disconnect for Sony controllers
Fix crash on trinket pool reset
Fix Gemini + BFFS
Fix Technology 2 + Chocolate Milk
Eden's start items are seeded more reliably
Fix collectible spawn position for There's Options and Negative
Fix Holy Mantle continue exploit
Fix seed exploit for challenge runs
Fix hard mode affecting room drops other than hearts
Fix P2 blood donation exploit
Fix P2 anti-gravity
Fix P2 being able to use bombs
Fix Devil Deal exploit with half soul heart
Fix invincible Carrion Queen
Fix Blue Baby restart issue
Fix Haunt not invincible for the first few frames
Fix 60fps interpolation for Cube of Meat 2
Fix picked up item disappearing when exiting during pickup animation
Limit Halo of Flies (pink flies) count to 10
Change Lil' Brimstone deal to 2 hearts
Change Ticking Spider collision damage to half a heart
Change Head of Krampus to 6 charges
"Improve" Dark Bum mechanics (Actually a nerf, Dark Bum now has a small chance to give friendly or enemy spiders.  Still 1.5:1 conversion rate)
Fix teleport AI for Lump, Parabite, Loki, Blue Baby, and others
Prevent Steam achievements for modded games
Fix seeded run exploit
Fix some impossible rooms in Cellar, Womb/Utero, and Chest
Fix Secret room placement on some floors
Fix Boss room placement on XL floors

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #247 on: December 11, 2014, 08:04:08 PM »
I really couldn't care less about the nerfs so, yay fixes.

And the limit to 10 blue flies is actually appreciated. If you can reliably spawn more than that you don't need more than that.

Brimstone with Quadshot and Libra is kinda nice. It charges almost instantly and shreds everything. :V
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:24:47 PM by Yookie »

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #248 on: December 12, 2014, 12:19:24 AM »
Fix teleport AI for Lump, Parabite, Loki, Blue Baby, and others

THANK you. Stupid teleporting on top of you problems. Now if only they made the walking hosts easier to deal with...

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #249 on: December 12, 2014, 04:56:51 AM »
The "Halo of Flies" thing is talking about the enemy.

Also, Monstro's Lung first item room, Brim in the first deal, Guppy in the second deal, Dead Cat from a red chest in Womb I, Pinking Shears right outside of Blue Baby.

(spoilers) It's over

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #250 on: December 12, 2014, 09:38:47 AM »
Now if only they made the walking hosts easier to deal with...
Don't start. I have my "favorite" room in the game. It has 4 immobile spewing blood bullets heads and 4 walking hosts. I usually lose a couple of hearts, if not outright die there.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2014, 06:24:10 PM »
Played Sampson again. Kept getting decent but not great items enough that it made a solid run which beat Heart and Boss rush [Sadly no Sheol. I think I'd have beaten it too!].

20/20, Cupid's Arrow, Spectral Tears Board thingy, Synthoil and Growth Hormones were my main items in the actual run. Oh; and the Pony. I LIKE THE PONY. [It gives me a speed I'm comfortable with + ability to fly]

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

FlamingRok

• Rena is pleased with your efforts.
« Reply #252 on: December 13, 2014, 01:05:24 AM »
Oh; and the Pony. I LIKE THE PONY. [It gives me a speed I'm comfortable with + ability to fly]

It's probably one of the more useful spacebar items. Though not nearly as used as say, Tammy's Head or Book of Belial, or any of the D items (because they've silly), it's still something worth considering.

So far, I've got Isaac, Magdalene, Cain, Judas Azazel, and Eden done for 100%. Haven't unlocked
Spoiler:
The Lost
yet, and haven't had much luck with Blue Baby, Eve, Samson, or Lazarus (which Lazarus is odd because he's one of the better characters). Gotta say though, the Curved Horn is probably one of the best trinkets in the game.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #253 on: December 13, 2014, 03:40:23 AM »
haven't had much luck with Blue Baby, Eve, Samson, or Lazarus (which Lazarus is odd because he's one of the better characters)
Lazarus is the worst character tho :C Like his revive is barely even useful (if you activate it before the final boss you're most likely doomed anyway), and he actually has low starting stats in most areas other than damage/tears even if it's not obvious. Although I hear negative luck actually -increases- some drop rates, but, overall...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #254 on: December 13, 2014, 03:52:36 AM »
Lazarus is the worst character tho :C Like his revive is barely even useful (if you activate it before the final boss you're most likely doomed anyway), and he actually has low starting stats in most areas other than damage/tears even if it's not obvious. Although I hear negative luck actually -increases- some drop rates, but, overall...
The thing I like least on Lazarus is his terrible range. When you have to get within a spider's possible movement radius, you're in for a bad time.

I think they fixed the negative luck glitch that happened with original BoI, though.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #255 on: December 13, 2014, 10:43:23 AM »
Tried to clear some more challenges.
Demoman was fun and i finished it with the the half a heart remaining. Was one hell of a fight against It Lives. Funny thing, that one of its summons was... Chub. Eat bombs, eat all the bombs in the world.
Cat Got Your Tongue was a bit frustrating at first, but then i kind of figured you could swing your hairball like a flail with your movement. First attempt was me walking immediately on the Super Gluttony in the room next to starting room and losing like 6 hearts to it. Second run was stopped dead by Adversary and his homing Brimstone and the third run was successful, where i actually got pretty good using the hairball flail.
The Host was nothing special.
Suicide King is as frustrating as before and after several failed attempts, haven't bothered with it.
Darkness Falls. Made it to Satan and died. Sometimes i just can't find a good rhythm of running and dodging his feet. /sigh
P.S. What's the point of beating The Golden Door Boss? Aside from the last ending, it gives you nothing. Not even a trophy.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:55:41 AM by CF7 »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #256 on: December 13, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »
Lazerus is basically vanilla Issac pre-D6 with a pill and a bad revive.

Although I can't Azazel to save my life.

Smashy

• ᕦ(? Д?)ᕤ
« Reply #257 on: December 14, 2014, 01:07:39 AM »
P.S. What's the point of beating The Golden Door Boss? Aside from the last ending, it gives you nothing. Not even a trophy.

The method to opening that door unlocks Dad's Key.  That's about it.

« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2014, 06:12:02 AM »
So I'm home for winter break, which means I can finally play on my desktop pc with an Xbox 360 controller. I got to Mom before dying, and it took a good 35 minutes.

Is this game easier with a controller, or did I just get lucky?

Spoiler:
chocolate milk really helps

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2014, 06:49:48 AM »
Is this game easier with a controller, or did I just get lucky?
It's sorta subjective. I play just fine with keyboard controls. Then again, I'm used to them. Also, it takes perseverance and obsession to get really far in the game. Eventually you'll know just how to handle every enemy and boss, and from then it's hoping that you get really good items to carry you through the tough parts.
Spoiler:
Use the Bible on Mom for an easy instant kill! I think it also nets you an item unlock

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #260 on: December 14, 2014, 08:17:10 AM »
The method to opening that door unlocks Dad's Key.  That's about it.

Technically you can fight it after beating BB/The Lamb, and I believe you still get the unlocks [Like you get the Heart unlocks after beating the Heart, not after touching the chest. You can go to Sheol if it opens].

Also since it unlocks Dad's Key it's needed for Platinum God to beat it at least once.

Also who dosen't want a different option for an endgame boss? Especially as it pretty much forces you to eschew Deals with the Devil to get to. [Unless you get Dad's Key; in which case you're forgoing your spacebar item]. It's something you can choose to fight if you get an insanely strong run. It's a nice change from fighting ???/The Lamb over and over.

It's like asking why people fight ANY superboss.

Also in addittion to the above hint:
Spoiler:
But don't use the Bible on any boss after Mom's Heart. You instantly die instead. The instakill does work on the Heart/It Lives however. Basically the only reason to use the Bible ever is to unlock the Halo.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:20:30 AM by Raikaria »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2014, 02:27:26 PM »
Spoiler:
But don't use the Bible on any boss after Mom's Heart. You instantly die instead. The instakill does work on the Heart/It Lives however. Basically the only reason to use the Bible ever is to unlock the Halo.
well it's pretty great before you get your first 11 mom kills and on challenges

It falls off pretty hard after that, though.

I'm not sure the Halo still needs unlocking anymore, either. I don't remember since I did that on literally my first rebirth run. Most vanilla items start unlocked now, though, even ones where it's kinda weird like Daddy's Love.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 02:29:37 PM by Selery »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore