Author Topic: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II  (Read 112179 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Maribel Hearn Quest: ACT II
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2016, 05:47:54 PM »
>Sigh and re enter a dream.
>You dream once more.
>You seem to be in an abandoned village. It seems to be the same one Yukari took you to. You can see the tree where you practiced Danmaku.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2016, 06:56:55 PM »
> If there are houses, check one. Preferably for Renko or Sumireko.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2016, 08:13:03 PM »
>Or Yukari, even, since it seems likely we might see her here. Perhaps if she shares our power, she'd notice us. Apparently she'll know if we try to enter Gensokyo anyway, considering she did right away last time... so maybe talking to her would be a more direct method...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2016, 09:08:55 PM »
>Actually, talking to Yukari might help us find out how Renko and her sister are doing. If she's cooperative at least.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2016, 11:39:39 PM »
>Actually, talking to Yukari might help us find out how Renko and her sister are doing. If she's cooperative at least.

>Given that we haven't followed her instructions, she might not respond too kindly to our presence...

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2016, 12:03:56 AM »
>But we're not in Gensokyo. We're just dreaming about it.  :3

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2016, 12:45:40 AM »
>Yeah, and what are we gonna do, turn around and go home? How long are we gonna keep redreaming over and over hoping to blunder into Renko? If Yukari can tell when we enter like she seemed to last time, it's inevitable.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2016, 12:49:10 AM »
>However what if that makes things even worse ? It`s quite possible that if we attempt to get in, she may force us back again and make so we stay here a longer time, maybe we should try to improve our tears and make them more like Lady Yukari`s gaps ?

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2016, 01:01:19 AM »
>Would like to just practice our power more if we can't find Yukari or Renko this time around. Soon as we get good enough, then we can go back to Gensokyo.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2016, 05:40:36 AM »
> If there are houses, check one. Preferably for Renko or Sumireko.
>Or Yukari, even, since it seems likely we might see her here. Perhaps if she shares our power, she'd notice us. Apparently she'll know if we try to enter Gensokyo anyway, considering she did right away last time... so maybe talking to her would be a more direct method...
>You move to the nearest house and open the door.
>It seems to be long abandoned. The furniture is in shambles and all surfaces seem to be covered in dust and cobwebs. You see a dirty looking cat sleeping on the sill of a shattered window. It's probably feral.

>Given that we haven't followed her instructions, she might not respond too kindly to our presence...
>But we're not in Gensokyo. We're just dreaming about it.  :3
>Yeah, and what are we gonna do, turn around and go home? How long are we gonna keep redreaming over and over hoping to blunder into Renko? If Yukari can tell when we enter like she seemed to last time, it's inevitable.
>However what if that makes things even worse ? It`s quite possible that if we attempt to get in, she may force us back again and make so we stay here a longer time, maybe we should try to improve our tears and make them more like Lady Yukari`s gaps ?
>You debate whether or not you should seek out Yukari, or get her to come to you. Would it really be a good idea?

>Would like to just practice our power more if we can't find Yukari or Renko this time around. Soon as we get good enough, then we can go back to Gensokyo.
>You consider practicing your power more, and re-entering Gensokyo when you're strong enough. However, you have no idea how long would that take...
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2016, 05:53:10 AM »
> Leave the house and search for one that doesn't appear as bad as the rest. If anyone lives here, they must've chosen the better one, right?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2016, 06:05:43 AM »
//EDIT: Nothing to see here...

> Leave the house and search for one that doesn't appear as bad as the rest. If anyone lives here, they must've chosen the better one, right?
>You leave the house and look for the one in the most pristine condition. It seems the house Ran and Chen emerged from the last time you were here is the only one that fits such a description. If you were to guess, this is probably Yukari's house too...
>_
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:43:06 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2016, 06:41:29 AM »
>There's still a chance to stop this. Maybe Yukari is still keeping Renko and her sister safe, like she promised. Besides, we'd get in more trouble if we were caught here.
>I'm for leaving the dream and practicing our abilities (much) more.
>_

« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2016, 06:56:09 AM »
howabout:

>Are there windows?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2016, 07:39:17 AM »
>There's still a chance to stop this. Maybe Yukari is still keeping Renko and her sister safe, like she promised. Besides, we'd get in more trouble if we were caught here.
>I'm for leaving the dream and practicing our abilities (much) more.
>You continue to debate whether or not an encounter with Yukari would be a good thing... She did say she would keep the Usamis safe, and she could possibly get upset with you if she caught you...

>Are there windows?
>There are. There are a couple on the first story that you could easily peek into if you were close enough.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2016, 08:14:08 PM »
>Well, here we go...
>Peek into one of the windows.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2016, 11:13:13 PM »
>Well, here we go...
>Peek into one of the windows.
>You walk up to the house and make your way to the closest window.
>You don't see anyone, though it definitely looks much cleaner inside than the house you just came from.
>There is a dining table clearly visible inside, neatly set with a table cloth. There are a couple of walls separating this room from the rest of the house, and in one of the adjoining rooms you think you see a kitchen.
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2016, 11:26:32 PM »
>Move from the window and look around outside.

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2016, 11:40:30 PM »
>Try to listen for any signs of activity within the house.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2016, 12:07:33 AM »
>Move from the window and look around outside.
>You move from the window and begin walking along the perimeter of the house, scanning the area.
>You see nobody here, and nothing seems to have changed in the surrounding village.

>Try to listen for any signs of activity within the house.
>You keep an ear to the house. You hear no sounds of activity within.

>You pass the front door and are approaching another window.
>_

AzyWng

« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2016, 12:21:07 AM »
>Welp, something's definitely up.
>Try the door.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2016, 12:58:54 AM »
>Whoa, we haven't checked the second floor windows yet.
>There are second floor windows, right? "First Story" implies it's a multi story house.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2016, 02:03:16 AM »
>Welp, something's definitely up.
>Try the door.
>You check the door.
>It's locked.

>Whoa, we haven't checked the second floor windows yet.
>There are second floor windows, right? "First Story" implies it's a multi story house.
>There is indeed a second floor, which does have its own set of windows.
>_

AzyWng

« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2016, 03:10:29 AM »
There used to be something here. Now there isn't. If you read what was here earlier, know this:
You forget a thousand things every day.
Make sure this is one of them.

>Go around the sides, checking the entire house for a second door.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:49:04 AM by AzyWng »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2016, 03:25:41 AM »
>Fly up and check the second story windows.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2016, 03:42:07 AM »
//First, don't say such things about yourself. You've been doing quite well in your GMing (I wouldn't know where to start as far as being a GM), and people have been known to repeat mistakes twice. If this happens a third time I'll message Pesco myself.

Er, assuming I don't fail to notice the third update. Anyway...

//Whelp, I just checked the date of the message in act 1 part 1 where I noticed the first time, and it seems I was mistaken... Apparently there wasn't a second time, it's just the date for the first time was more recent than I remembered... So I pretty much just did that rant a few posts ago for no reason and made an utter fool of myself doing so... Ugh, I feel like a complete idiot... I guess I'll go back and delete that rant, I guess, lest a mod actually read it and it starts a confusion...

//And please, I'm sure there's a ton of GMs that do a better job than me. Hell, even Miniking seems to be better than me... Anyway, that being said, you are correct. I'm not terrible, because if I was this game probably would've jumped the shark (which was something I worried might happen in my last game at certain plot points, and a bit with the first act of this game as well...) and been abandoned a long time ago....

//Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming:

>Go around the sides, checking the entire house for a second door.
>You walk around the entire perimeter of the house. You find no other doors.

>Fly up and check the second story windows.
>You fly up and check the first window you come across, finding that the curtains behind it are drawn.
>_

AzyWng

« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2016, 03:45:33 AM »
Well, Mini? Do we go in? I doubt we have the strength to kick down doors like in the "Call the cops" video I posted in this thread earlier...

« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2016, 04:03:58 AM »
I think we should sneak in. See if the door is locked. and if it isn't we will open it slowly. If it is, go through the second floor window.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2016, 04:25:28 AM »
//Aw, don't be like that. Your Immortal Quest looked fun, but I came too late. And Wind Priestess Quest was really good. My first attempt at a quest, I made a grave mistake, and I'm very thankful that said quest was deleted and never mentioned again. Still, Daiyousei Quest, although active because I'm pretty much only on here, doesn't seem to have much regulars as this. Now then...

>Fly around for more windows. Don't wanna break any just to go in.
//We can go in (if we find a way), but if Yukari (can actually) sees us, then we'll just have to explain things...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2016, 04:37:44 AM »
//Aw, don't be like that. Your Immortal Quest looked fun, but I came too late. And Wind Priestess Quest was really good. My first attempt at a quest, I made a grave mistake, and I'm very thankful that said quest was deleted and never mentioned again. Still, Daiyousei Quest, although active because I'm pretty much only on here, doesn't seem to have much regulars as this. Now then...
//Actually it seemed you had more regulars than me for a quite a while. lol. And you actually managed to get Kilga to stick around in your game, whereas they lost interest in this game on the very first page... Hell, you even managed to have Purvis as a player in yours for a while... Believe it or not, my inner Parsee was paru-ing...

>Fly around for more windows. Don't wanna break any just to go in.
//We can go in (if we find a way), but if Yukari (can actually) sees us, then we'll just have to explain things...
>You slowly circle around the house and find two more windows on the second floor. One is on the same side as the first window, at the opposite end of the wall. The other is on the side of the house opposite of the ground-level window you looked through earlier.
>_