Author Topic: my father's long, long legs [Online CYOA]  (Read 2703 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
my father's long, long legs [Online CYOA]
« on: November 10, 2013, 09:05:42 PM »
"My family lived on the southern edge of a certain Midwestern industrial city in an old house, old enough that its basement still had a dirt floor.

I was not yet old enough to openly question a parent's behavior, but certainly old enough to recognize its oddness, when my father began digging."

This very Lovecraftian CYOA story is well worth checking out. Different routes produce slightly different outcomes, and once you're at the point where you're using the flashlight ... it starts to get much creepier.

It's a pretty solid story, too, even if the language is a little hammy. I always enjoy game-ifying fiction like this, and I think it works well with horror.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
Re: my father's long, long legs [Online CYOA]
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 10:04:05 PM »
Damn, that was tense. Literally started sinking in my couch when everything went dark near the end.

Very good story. Could indeed use a little less purple prose, but it's not too distracting.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 04:38:28 AM »
Ha ha. Neat. That was a solid weird fiction story. Bookmarked so I can take another look at it later and maybe get something different to happen.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 12:58:17 PM »
Daaaamn. So much tension. I loved this.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 01:52:44 AM »
That was terrifying.

And the humming. Worse than the shovel noises. You get used to the shovel noises. They just become creepy.

Then the humming starts.

you are my sunshine, my only sunshine...

If you'll excuse me, I'll be sobbing under my covers because now I won't be able to remember that song at all without thinking of this.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 11:11:08 AM »
Hm~m.

Is there only one ending?

While there was choices, in the end, it seemed kinda like it was all going to be about the same regardless of what I picked.

Maybe I'll try again, though... [edit later] yeah the branching paths earlier on just dictate in what order the story is told to you, and the later ones don't really make a difference. Had to make sure~
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:17:56 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore