Author Topic: [東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu] - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00f)  (Read 106722 times)

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: [東方意地奴 ~ Touhou Ijiyatsu] - Monarchly Moron (Ver. 1.00f)
« Reply #330 on: February 08, 2010, 02:07:53 AM »

Here's what I have of the forward movement so far. Still probably needs work so advice would be appreciated. Also the entire lower half is still, I probably need to do something about that.

I think this is pretty fantastic. The only thing I would change is maybe take out the movement on the top of the hat, because it doesn't look like that part of the hat should indent in and out like that. The brim motion looks fine though.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #331 on: February 08, 2010, 05:15:26 AM »
DFKai-SB and APJapanesefont, if that's what you mean.
Hm, DFKai-SB is a "for sale/licence" thingy ... and I appear to have acquired APJapanesefont by accident! |3

« Reply #332 on: February 10, 2010, 10:44:05 PM »
Redoing Fairies

Wings are kinda odd at the moment, advice?

Edit:
Improved it a bit. Basic pose should be done now.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 12:24:45 AM by huh what »

Drake

« Reply #333 on: February 12, 2010, 08:04:48 AM »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #335 on: February 12, 2010, 08:18:42 AM »
Delectible
Wotters gonna' wot

« Reply #336 on: February 12, 2010, 08:29:14 AM »
I want whatever you used to make that >:3

(I mean, besides the obvious)

But  8)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #337 on: February 13, 2010, 10:36:20 PM »
Ideas are needed for how to get people to keep up the motivations. The naysayers from afar think this project will die. But there are expectations that are to be lived up to and grand ideals for what success could mean for MotK as a whole.

If you need a cheerleading squad, someone to buy you lunch or whatever. What is it going to take to get the project done, tell the public and hopefully the energy will come.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #338 on: February 13, 2010, 11:00:17 PM »
Ideas are needed for how to get people to keep up the motivations. The naysayers from afar think this project will die. But there are expectations that are to be lived up to and grand ideals for what success could mean for MotK as a whole.

Honestly, I think we're pretty motivated (and we've been going despite naysayers or w/e, haven't really been paying much attention to that), and people have been pretty supportive and available thus far.

At this point, aside from dialog people just being available enough that we don't have problems getting them together, and being willing to work with me to square away people's portrayals/bios/that sort of thing, this game is going to be completed no matter what. I think this sums it up:

<~Nobu> Hey Naut, are you motivated to finish this project?
<~Nobu> How about you, Drake? Hele?
<~Drake> is that a rhetorical question
<~Nobu> Lol
<Magical_Moerin> Go, team, go~!
<@Naut> best be
<@Helepolis> キ23:55:45キ <Nobu> Hey Naut, are you motivated to finish this project?   <--- I think motivation is not the issue here
<@Helepolis> lol

If you need a cheerleading squad, someone to buy you lunch or whatever.

Well now that you mention it... >:3

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #339 on: February 14, 2010, 02:45:01 AM »
Oh hey I owe you guys a soundtrack

Stage 3 Theme

MIDI attached.

This took long enough, didn't it? >_>

« Reply #340 on: February 14, 2010, 02:52:15 AM »
On man this sounds awesome 8)

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #341 on: February 14, 2010, 02:53:54 AM »
Oh hey I owe you guys a soundtrack

Stage 3 Theme

MIDI attached.

This took long enough, didn't it? >_>

Obligatory ilu Rou.

Edit: Oh hey I just downloaded the .mp3 version. Not like the MIDI version doesn't sound nice, still.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 02:55:37 AM by Nwbi »

« Reply #342 on: February 14, 2010, 02:55:31 AM »
That song is p. good, but the piano is underwhelming and kind of quiet. Or maybe everything else is too loud.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #343 on: February 14, 2010, 02:57:39 AM »
That song is p. good, but the piano is underwhelming and kind of quiet. Or maybe everything else is too loud.
For some reason the piano in the MP3 is really loud so the MIDI equivalent sounds sorta quiet. :V
Or do you mean the MP3 version? Honestly the MIDI is sorta a prototype, the MP3 is better >_>

« Reply #344 on: February 14, 2010, 03:02:43 AM »
No, I'm listening to the MP3 version. I can barely hear the piano melody itself.

It's still underwhelming though. Try adding some ZUNpets somewhere or something to make it stand out a bit more.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #345 on: February 14, 2010, 03:05:20 AM »
No, I'm listening to the MP3 version. I can barely hear the piano melody itself.

It's still underwhelming though. Try adding some ZUNpets somewhere or something to make it stand out a bit more.
I admit that I'm good with general beats but not really good at polishing melodies. I guess I was hoping Drake would be better at fixing it up once I got the main beat down. :<

« Reply #346 on: February 14, 2010, 03:43:44 AM »
Constructive criticism time:

I really don't like repeated vehement stabbing of a single key on the piano. It sounds really lame, and to hear it so much in this song is :| I've noticed it in a couple of the other jingles too but let it slide as a "first version" thing for now. But uh, it's pretty overwhelming in this song so I figured I'd bring it up.

Now having said that, I think the song is badass anyways -- I really like the intro and main melody. Perhaps a faster build-up after the intro into the main chorus would be cool too, right now it feels like the stage should just keep building up and building up, which seems kinda awkward in a stage progression sense. I'm not really sure how to explain that any better, unfortunately. Also, there is a serious lack of significant percussion going on during the melody... Or most of the song for that matter. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but it makes the song feel unbalanced. The organ drop at 1:30 into the song repeat was kinda "eh", too.

I can picture a fast paced journey through vallies/mountains towards Baity's shrine while listening to this song, and it's giving me stage ideas. Good stuff ( '.')b

« Reply #347 on: February 14, 2010, 03:53:11 AM »
Also, there is a serious lack of significant percussion going on during the melody... Or most of the song for that matter. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but it makes the song feel unbalanced.
I've noticed this in just about all the songs composed so far. And even here the percussion seems really quiet.

I agree the looping sounds really awkward, by the way.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #348 on: February 14, 2010, 10:23:58 PM »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 02:31:31 AM by Roukanken »

« Reply #349 on: February 14, 2010, 10:48:26 PM »
Constructive criticism time II:

The koto makes the repeated notes sound a lot better, excellent choice. The bass drum you chose sounds more like a muffled thump than an actual kick, which is not a good thing. The constant doublebass kicks throughout most of the song and the 32nd notes at 0:11 are really off-putting, and don't seem to suit this genre of music... Perhaps more intricate and varying kicks would be better, as opposed to constant 16th notes or a basic beat that repeats. The off-beat snare hits are awesome, though overall the section between 0:26 - 0:38 seems like a messy clash of instruments. The melodies before and after that section, however, are great. The repeated crash hits at 1:02 need to go. The transition between the repeat is much better, but I can't help but think it should be less obvious that the song is repeating.

Also, is there a wierd muffling effect at 0:42 - 0:45 or is that my imagination :|

Overall, I like this version better than the original, but I think there is still room for improvement.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:49:59 PM by Naut »

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #350 on: February 15, 2010, 01:17:59 AM »
k

so

I spent waaaaay too long editing this

-_-;

* Slaves listens

* Slaves falls on the floor and starts foaming at the mouth

Valentinya

• Does not play well with others
« Reply #351 on: February 17, 2010, 12:31:27 AM »
Umm... Hi, sorry to bother. I've been reading about the game in these threads for awhile now and this game looks really interesting. Oh, and Gpop was telling me a bit more about how it all got started today. Also I would like to be added in the embodiments list. Is that okay?

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:46:02 AM by Valentia »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #352 on: February 17, 2010, 03:38:58 AM »
Umm... Hi, sorry to bother. I've been reading about the game in these threads for awhile now and this game looks really interesting. Oh, and Gpop was telling me a bit more about how it all got started today. Also I would like to be added in the embodiments list. Is that okay?

Hey Valentia. We're happy to see people expressing interest in the game (and also doubly ecstatic that you asked instead of saying something like 'Hey add me 2 embodimant list kthx'), but the current structure and embodiment list is fixed for now. As much as we'd like to accommodate everyone that's interested, it just can't be done practically, realistically, or fairly. I apologize.

Gpop

« Reply #353 on: February 17, 2010, 04:06:09 AM »
Why does this sound like two automated messages talking to each other?

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #354 on: February 17, 2010, 04:12:48 AM »

Hello Mr. or Mrs. Fellow MotK member, we have A REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP: A windfall in the sum of $11,000,000,00 dollars has been left in our swiss bank account, and we'd like to make it yours (as well as let you be in Ijiyatsu). If you are interested, please contact our esteemed colleague Dr. Clement Okon, and bring $300 US dollars, the equivalent in CSD, or an Edirol SD-20 to the following address that will be sent in a later PM. This transaction is 100% SAFE

Please thank you for your honorable esteem.

« Reply #355 on: February 17, 2010, 04:14:32 AM »
Hello, we have received your message concerning your thoughts on this matter. Your voice is very important to us. Your message has been sent to the head department of social issues. Have a nice day!

« Reply #356 on: February 17, 2010, 04:18:52 AM »
Hello, we have received your message concerning your thoughts on this matter. Your voice is very important to us. Your message has been sent to the head department of social issues. Have a nice day!

Our head of the department of social issues responds faster than our voicemail!

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
Re: [Art] Gappy's Pointlessly Artistic Gap - Mind the gaping gap in my creativit
« Reply #357 on: February 24, 2010, 10:34:21 PM »
I'm not entirely sure about this, so I'm going to ask: Is Ijiyatsu a parallel world to Gensokyo? Or does it take place in Gensokyo itself? Do the standard Touhou character appear alongside these fan characters or not? Though a crossover would be very nice, a world on it's own may prove to be more interesting. These fan characters appear to be counter parts to the Gensokyo residents. For example: I can see Gappy being Ijiyatsu's Yukari, judging from her profile. Though, who would be Reimu's counterpart? And Marisa's?
But I'm confused by a few statements from Gappy. So this all was once planned to become a game/story in and of itself, but it has currently become a fan character thread? Or am I wrong?

And regarding the fan character system: Do you have to PM to give the details for the fan character? Or do you request it in this very thread itself? Are there limits to which a character can be developed? (like there is a certain game breaker/Mary Sue line you will never cross, for example.)
Is said fan character required to be a girl? (Not that I mind. I'd prefer a female character) Is there a limit to how big their backstory can be, as to prevent it from influencing the backstories of other characters?

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
Re: [Art] Gappy's Pointlessly Artistic Gap - Mind the gaping gap in my creativit
« Reply #359 on: February 25, 2010, 12:38:56 AM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=2455.0

Oh.... that explains all those wierd titles everyone has.....
And the character designs and powers are based on Slaves view on us? ...I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing... or what I should do to make my personality clear...
But it still doesn't explain if it's in Gensokyo or not... I first figured it isn't, regarding the mechanics of the Idiot Energy and the world around it, but yet the characters refer to Gensokyo and the characters, like this for example:

Quote from:
ZengarB: Danmaku Dodger Lunacy
(Zengar + Nintendonut888: Concentrated Attack Type)

"New, complex strategies? Hah! My only strategy: Dodge everything that comes at me!"
Refined technique combined with pure power! A battle against all Gensokyo is one we can fight-- and win!

Also, the plot is about Theorin trying to revive Rin Satsuki. It has to take place in Gensokyo if that's the case, no?