Author Topic: National Novel Writing Month - NaNoWriMo 2011, get writing!  (Read 59258 times)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Re: National Novel Writing Month - NaNoWriMo 2011, get hype
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2011, 10:22:37 PM »
Yaaaaaay, that's the spirit~

Ah, I just logged in and found that I had some kind of regional NaNomail waiting for me. Does anyone ever go to these write-ins, these writers' gatherings? They've always been too late in the day for me to go, or else I would actually give 'em a shot.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2011, 07:18:41 PM »
Current state: I have no outline for the story I said I would write, a continuation of last year's NaNo attempt. I do however have a ton of notes and planned stuff for my current Librarian-story. Hmmmmmm  :3

*Sakana goes to switch out his novel info

It's not gonna be a stand-alone novel that way, but heh, not like the original idea would have been :V

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2011, 01:15:00 AM »
I've always kind of wanted to do this.  Let's see how much I'll be able to write in a month.

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2011, 05:32:43 PM »
Everyone up to this point has been added.

Two (and a half, depending on time zone) days left, oh man! I'm suddenly feeling the jitters. I was planning on posting this story on the internet as I went, but now I feel all self-conscious about it. :ohdear:

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2011, 05:54:34 PM »
...And I still only have a handful of vague ideas. >.<  At least I figured out the title...

...Aaaaah screw it I don't care what I write.  As long as I get something down, it'll be fine no matter what it's about.  Hopefully.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2011, 05:55:55 PM »
Everyone's writings will be rushed anyway, so there's no reason not to share it, right?

I've figured out what I want to write and how I want to write it. The only thing left is to go ahead and actually write it. I'm all sorts of disappointed in my own writing as of late, so this will be a merry masochistic venture!

Hope the rest of you fare better at the very least.

Last year I wrote a story that had a lot of,

Suddenly, Random charged into the building!
"I am necessary," Random declared boldly, jabbing his finger at Heroine, "to complete the wordcount! Where there is need, there is Random, for words will pave the way to victory!"
... and then more hijinks so that the story is utterly unreadable. :V

I should really revise it some time but meh. :effort:

As a curiousity, what genre is everyone writing for? I'm going for mystery, but I don't expect it'll be a great story of any kind, aha.

Moerin

« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2011, 06:02:30 PM »
Erotic fiction, in the style of Kinoko Nasu.

...Seriously, um... Knowing me it'll probably end up being fantasy.  I can never seem to write anything with an attachment to the real world, ahah~

And if I ever need to fill up my wordcount, I'll just have everyone talk like Mojo Jojo, talking in a circuitous way and reiterating everything they say so as to push up the wordcount, that is to say using a lot of repetition like that famous green monkey in a way that will make my tally of phrases increase manyfold due to how it keeps restating every concept over and over again.

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
I guess my story counts as humour/adventure? Not really sure, I never thought about what genre this actually is.

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2011, 07:48:26 PM »
GIANT ROBOTS

THE ONLY GOOD STORYTELLING MEDIUM

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2011, 08:12:08 PM »
As a curiousity, what genre is everyone writing for? I'm going for mystery, but I don't expect it'll be a great story of any kind, aha.
My profile says "erotic fiction" as a sneer towards the lack of an "action" genre in the drop-down menu (which is why my fic comes off as erotic eye surgery). Urban fantasy is closer to what I'm actually going for, though.

« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2011, 08:27:17 PM »
Everyone up to this point has been added.
No I haven't! D:

[ruro]Whoops! My bad, it's been fixed now.[/ruro]

Romance/Fantasy/Slice of Life.
That is to say, slice of life in Gensokyo.

Although I came up with a new idea this morning which may get used instead. If I can think of an actual plotline for it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 09:28:39 PM by Takakura Himaruro »

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2011, 09:59:36 PM »
I'm doing fiction. I'm going to write this in a way that people can skip the mhms, ahhnnnss and ohhhsss<333 without losing any of the main plot.

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2011, 10:01:58 PM »
I'm going for horror/supernatural. Going to have a lot of screwed-up stuff, most likely. Certainly lots of weird creature designs, since I seem to come up with those like clockwork. And lots of insanity. As in the mental kind.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2011, 06:17:55 PM »
I spent a large chunk of Friday night outlining the major plot of the book.  This is going to be a hell of a lot of fun.  Also the main character may or may not be middle-ages mage Batman.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Moerin

« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2011, 09:43:42 PM »
Gaaah only two days until it starts and I still have no idea what the hell I'm doing. >.<  Ack.

Um... Gah, I think I might just pop onto IRC tomorrow and see if I can somehow brainstorm something with the help of anyone willing.  I really need to plan this out better than last year, after all, otherwise it'll sink even faster. >.<

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2011, 09:52:38 PM »
JT99
Novel: The Boner That Destroyed the World
Oh god JT you better finish this

Edit: Hmm my classes finish on the 28th, and although I still have exams after I do have a one week study break...

NaNoWriMo in 2 days hell yes 8)

Hmm with a 70 WPM typing rate, it would take about 12 hours of pure typing to get to 50k. So that's 6 hours of pure typing each day. Aw yeah totally feasible BV
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 10:10:55 PM by SUIKAMODN »

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2011, 02:54:08 AM »
Gaaah only two days until it starts and I still have no idea what the hell I'm doing. >.<  Ack.

Um... Gah, I think I might just pop onto IRC tomorrow and see if I can somehow brainstorm something with the help of anyone willing.  I really need to plan this out better than last year, after all, otherwise it'll sink even faster. >.<

You and me both

I might do the assassin thing, but I'm not sure. I only have the ending figured out, not the rising action or even the exposition, so it would be kind of horrible.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2011, 10:46:51 PM »
Late to the party, and mere hours before it starts, even.

XephyrEnigma
Novel: Strange Journey In An Unknown Land

Profile link. Soon to be filled with wordy goodness.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 10:54:00 PM by スカーレットの兄弟-XephyrEnigma »
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Moerin

« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2011, 11:52:58 PM »
...So much for the plan, then. >.<

Gaaah this is going to go horrible, I just know it. >.<

Right, right, I probably have some random notes for various things somewhere...  Dare I go completely insane and try and stitch all of these disparate ideas into one single Frankenstienian abomination of a novel?  Oh god, this won't end well at all. >.<
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:56:23 PM by Magical Moerin~♥ »

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2011, 03:36:09 AM »
Oh god I'm here

I actually won last here and just wasn't in this topic until I actually found it BUT ANYWAY.

Oh god what am I gonna do this year.  I had intended to continue last year's novel but I have no drive to - and as such I have No Idea What I'm Gonna Do.

Oh god oh god oh god oh god.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2011, 03:50:10 AM »
Garlyle, I love your "enthusiasm". :3c

Everyone up to now has been added. NaNo time starts in a few hours for me here. I need to finish my barebones outline in that time. D:

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2011, 03:52:07 AM »
/still doesn't know what he's going to write

Okay, it's crazy brainstorming time. It doesn't even need to make sense anymore. I just need something. Scarlet Library, here I come!

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2011, 03:59:23 AM »
Garlyle, I love your "enthusiasm". :3c
Glad I could enterta--oh god there's only three hours until it starts oh god oh god oh god oh god

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2011, 05:01:50 AM »
GIANT ROBOTS

THE ONLY GOOD STORYTELLING MEDIUM

That was my winning story idea 2010. :)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2011, 05:08:28 AM »
888 words, time for bed.

There is drunkenness and mortal danger already!

Yeah!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2011, 06:09:27 AM »
I'm going to pass this year. Good luck you WriMos.

For motivation, here's a neat thing to consider. If you go to a job interview and you are asked the question, "Describe a time you set a goal for yourself and how you went about accomplishing it," the completion of NaNoWriMo is a great example. I assure you your interviewer will find it interesting.

Now go hit those 50,000 words and it might even help you get a job!

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2011, 09:58:14 AM »
At This Rate You Will Finish On: November 17, 2011
Oh man it's so nice to see that.

Went in with absolutely no idea what I was gonna write.  I literally stared at my screen and said "I dunno, what do you wanna write?"

And my fingers wrote "I dunno, what do you wanna do?"

And somehow while writing the scene of two bored friends tossing a ball between them (and one of them spontaneously deciding he had telekinetic powers about ten lines in) the entire idea for a high action, modern fantasy Shounen series came rushing into my head.  About a fancy little diner where people with the potential to awaken to supernatural powers end up, and also there's eventual saving the world involved (possibly by punching cthulu in the face.  I'd like this to really happen).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:00:10 AM by Garlyle »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2011, 10:00:52 AM »
Oh man it's so nice to see that.

At This Rate You Will Finish On
November 6, 2011

:]

In all seriousness, I began work on my story. No sex actually happens yet though. But I assure the masses that once the sex does begin there'll be a lot of it. Because I am a terrible and naughty person.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2011, 10:12:15 AM »
Hm, do I feel like challenging you at this again this year or not?  Hmm.

Spoiler:
Also I completely admit that there will totally end up being sex in my story too because I'm also a terrible and naughty person

Also also I'm having the most fun procrastinating by going through your guys' novel titles/descriptions :3
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:24:44 AM by Garlyle »