Author Topic: Danmakufu Q&A/Problem Thread v3  (Read 213424 times)

Re: Danmakufu Q&A/Problem Thread v3
« Reply #480 on: March 28, 2010, 11:46:31 PM »
Your second problem stems from the highest number that can be safely stored in Danmakufu (or so I think). While I don't know what it is (I'm sure it would be rather easy to find out), I do know that instead of erroring, Danmakufu will just keep rolling with it and it'll usually fuck up your script somehow in the long run. Usually unpredictably, too. Interestingly enough, it will fuck up in the exact same way every time, provided you don't change anything. I point you to one of my earlier scripts for an example. Popcorn bullets!

Also, to my Ijiyatsu bros, while subtracting 0.01 from the point multiplier, the sixth decimal place will fuck up and start displaying a 1 after 50 subtractions in a row. If you've still got one of the earlier builds hanging around -- one that displays the power level using a DrawText function in the bottom right corner -- try moving to the top of the screen. The multiplier should immediately max at 1.000000. Then move back down. The multiplier will start moving back to 0.000000, but halfway through the last decimal place will change for no reason. It fixes itself once it hits 0.000000, I had to use the round function to fix the random quirk, and it works fine in practice, but you can still see it there, haunting me.

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #481 on: March 29, 2010, 03:14:04 AM »
Danmakufu randomly crashes now whenever I do... anything in it.

Has been functioning 100% okay all day. All I did was put my contest entry into a RAR file and send it to a friend- as soon as he started getting the errors, I did too. Yeah, it's applocale.

Do the fates/danmakufu just conspire against me? :ohdear: Troubleshoot!

« Reply #482 on: March 29, 2010, 03:33:08 AM »
Troubleshoot!

Post script!

Spoiler:
You couldn't have seriously been expecting any other answer? :P

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #483 on: March 29, 2010, 03:43:10 AM »
Post script!

Spoiler:

I'm not running any actual scripts though, it's just danmakufu being... argh-inducing and I don't want to break anyone else's.

I grabbed a clean danmakufu install and ported my entry over- it worked fine, except none of my shots appeared, so I assume that I put the path down wrong when including the shotsheet, so I fix (I think?) the pathname, copy the folder over again and overwrite everything I had and... now that danmakufu refuses to work!

IRC seems to suggest it's just danmakufu being danmakufu... but I wish it would stop that. :ohdear:

FalseEdit: I tried to take the entry out of my clean install, but the system won't let me. I don't have permission to move it out of the script folder. Is Vista fucking around with me again?  :/

Drake

« Reply #484 on: March 29, 2010, 04:01:36 AM »
This is likely not a case of Danmakufu being Danmakufu; you're doing something wrong.

Also, are you running Danmakufu while trying to take the entry out/don't have admin rights...?

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #485 on: March 29, 2010, 06:43:41 AM »
*facepalms at the single quotes and slaps self for not thinking about that*
Also, I did think about writing a function that corrects the problem with addition/subtraction, but I can't quite pinpoint the problem. The first case of the problem occurred with the number becoming too large, actually. Only later when I started testing did I get numbers that were smaller than they should be. Maybe I'll check again later, but for now, I'm too angry at Danmakufu to try this and will likely not work with it for a few weeks. I do still want to finish my script I'm currently working on but not now.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #486 on: March 29, 2010, 07:29:24 AM »
About the custom cut-in script, I haven't encountered an issue where everything is executed in high speed. This is like totally new for me. Would be good if the script or a video could be provided, if you want.

As for the MoF type cut-in, it might look weird because it does not have the same smooth movement as in the original games.

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
  • Local Unbalanced Danmakufu Idiot Scripter
    • My useless youtube account... (will be useful in the future *I promise*)
« Reply #487 on: March 29, 2010, 08:44:20 AM »
Wow... so many topics in the Q&A thread today...

Mind if I add mine? :ohdear:

ok... so... I was just wondering... how does the spell card score system work in touhou?

All I'm getting is that every frame the spell card goes (unless it's a survival) the score drops a certain amount... I'm guessing around a 3-digit value... and whenever you graze a bullet... it goes up by a certain value, I have no idea... And it also starts at around 1mil, maybe, at stage 1 and increases per stage...

I really don't know :/... I'm asking this cause I'm trying to create my own spell card score system for my game... and I'm gonna base it on this... danmakufu's default score system is weirding me out... and it's not helping that there's something wrong with my computer's graphics cause all effect objects weird out whenever I use SetScore(...) and I can never really get proper text from danmakufu... something's wrong with my graphics card or something...

And another thing... Does anyone know anyway to change or disable to way danmakufu adds to your score whenever you hit an enemy? (I think it starts somewhere at graze 100? or something... maybe it's not graze... maybe it's point items... I need to experiment more...) I've tried using SetRateScoreSystemEnable(false)... I don't really know what that does, but it's not helping...

Hope this isn't too much or weirding people out... :ohdear:

EDIT: Checked parts of IN and UFO
IN: st1-st6, ex, LW (no difference in difficulty)
10M, 15M, 20M, 22M, 26M, 30M, 40M, 1B
+12K to bonus for every time point... It's time points... not graze apparently

UFO:
Easy st1 is 2m per spell card and it increases by 2m per spell card... every mode above increases by 2m again, meaning normal st1 is 4m, hard st2 is 8m, etc... EX is 22m... NO POINT INCREASE FOR GRAZE...
around 50K decrease per second... not that good at estimating...

EDIT2: the default score adding system in danmakufu depends on graze... I'm thinking it's a somehow more complicated version of damage*graze or something like that...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:34:36 AM by Kylesky »
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Yooooouuutuuuubeeee Channel Latest Video: Contest #8 Entry

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #488 on: March 29, 2010, 08:49:42 AM »
Update on WTF Fail Math.

Float precision sucks. Danmakufu uses floats for everything. Therefore, Danmakufu number precision sucks. And therefore, string to float function is not possible to make. Storing a number as a string in an array so you can store both strings and numbers in the same array is never going to be possible in Danmakufu. I'm going to stop trying that now.
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #489 on: March 29, 2010, 10:47:38 AM »
And another thing... Does anyone know anyway to change or disable to way danmakufu adds to your score whenever you hit an enemy? (I think it starts somewhere at graze 100? or something... maybe it's not graze... maybe it's point items... I need to experiment more...) I've tried using SetRateScoreSystemEnable(false)... I don't really know what that does, but it's not helping...

Hm. It seems it is depending only on the amount of graze you have. Well, since you are going to make you own scoring system anyways, it would be somewhat bothersome but possible to do the following in the stage script:

Code: [Select]
SetCommonData("gz", 0);

@MainLoop{
   SetCommonData("gz", GetCommonData("gz")+GetGraze);
   AddGraze(-GetGraze);
}

And then you make the score you get from different things dependent on the CommonData "gz".
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
« Reply #490 on: March 29, 2010, 11:09:55 AM »
Hm. It seems it is depending only on the amount of graze you have. Well, since you are going to make you own scoring system anyways, it would be somewhat bothersome but possible to do the following in the stage script:

SetCommonData("gz", 0);

@MainLoop{
   SetCommonData("gz", GetCommonData("gz")+GetGraze);
   AddGraze(-GetGraze);
}

And then you make the score you get from different things dependent on the CommonData "gz".

That would work... thanks... :D

But then that would add another problem... anyone know how much score graze adds? :V joke... I'll just make the values up myself...
Danmakufu Script Thread :V Latest Script: Intertwining Mechanical Intervention (temp name)

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #491 on: March 29, 2010, 11:59:14 AM »
This is likely not a case of Danmakufu being Danmakufu; you're doing something wrong.

Also, are you running Danmakufu while trying to take the entry out/don't have admin rights...?

Danmakufu definitely wasn't running at the time, I checked my processes. And I do have admin rights unless they up and ran off over the course of a few seconds.

After a clean reboot, having gone to bed, I can take the script out now. Neither of my Danmakufu copies, however, will work, nor will they after I extract a clean copy from the RAR.

Given the nature of the error (click on anything in the menu, crash) I'm inclined to think it's applocale screwing up since the error is identical, but even after running applocale.msi again and attempting a repair, nothing works still. :/

« Reply #492 on: March 29, 2010, 12:02:38 PM »
An extreme solution, but have you tried using System Restore to bring your computer back a few days? Could've been something you installed lately, or whatever else.

Your second problem stems from the highest number that can be safely stored in Danmakufu
The first case of the problem occurred with the number becoming too large, actually.

>: |

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #493 on: March 29, 2010, 01:01:37 PM »
An extreme solution, but have you tried using System Restore to bring your computer back a few days? Could've been something you installed lately, or whatever else.

Just tried it, no luck. How strange. I sent it to someone else for playtesting yesterday and it was just fine. Guess I'll have to check for viruses or something when I get home.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #494 on: March 29, 2010, 01:40:39 PM »
Just tried it, no luck. How strange. I sent it to someone else for playtesting yesterday and it was just fine. Guess I'll have to check for viruses or something when I get home.

>.< I had a problem like this just recently, actually. Try deleting* script_index.dat.

*by "deleting", I of course mean "renaming".

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #495 on: March 29, 2010, 02:15:05 PM »
Ah, that might actually work. If I recall correctly, danmakufu stores certain script data there. If your script is screwed up in certain ways, danmakufu saves this screwed up data and will therefore cease to work properly until you got rid of this data, either by removing the scripts and then starting danmakufu a high number of times, or by releasing the data file.

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
« Reply #496 on: March 29, 2010, 03:24:05 PM »
making the hiscore system this time...
let hsscorenum1=GetCommonData(GetCommonData("CURRENTHS"));
if(GetCommonData("gametype")=="PRACTICE")
{
if(GetCommonData("difficulty")=="EASY")
{
let hiscorearray=["PRAC_1E_HISCORE", "PRAC_2E_HISCORE", "PRAC_3E_HISCORE", "PRAC_4E_HISCORE", "PRAC_5E_HISCORE", "PRAC_6E_HISCORE"];
if(GetCommonData("SCORE")>GetCommonData(hiscorearray[currentstage-1]))
{
SetCommonData(hiscorearray[currentstage-1], GetCommonData("SCORE"));
SetCommonData("CURRENTHS", hiscorearray[currentstage-1]);
}
}
Note: These are just parts of the script... I'm sure that there's no missing brackets or semicolons or whatever...

This keeps on spewing out the same error
型が一致しません(961行目)   <-- whatever that means...

I think it's obviously possible to call a common data with a common data... or however you word it... I just don't know why this is erroring... >:(

tried putting something like this SetCommonData("CURRENTHS", "PRAC_1E_HISCORE"); in @Initialize... it makes the error stop, but then... that piece of code makes other common datas, that don't error without it, error for some reason... and removing the subroutine that contains that first line of code also makes the script play, but of course, it's not drawing the score anymore...

help? :ohdear: (Can't post the full code... it's too long and it's very messy and confusing right now... but I can still understand it and know where everything is...)

(the things in the array are common datas with values currently set at 0... and currentstage is well... the current stage... 1-6)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 03:26:00 PM by Kylesky »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #497 on: March 29, 2010, 03:28:58 PM »
<snip>

Do you have both a regular array called hiscorearray and a common data by the name of "hiscorearray"? If not, then here lies your problem.

Blah, I can't read code properly.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 03:59:41 PM by Iryan »

Kylesky

• *The Unknown*
« Reply #498 on: March 29, 2010, 03:37:17 PM »
Do you have both a regular array called hiscorearray and a common data by the name of "hiscorearray"? If not, then here lies your problem.

I don't get it... if you're saying that the -1 brings the value to -1 instead of the minimum 0... it's not cause the minimum value I'm bringing currentstage to is 1...
hiscorearray was only declared there...

Just tried declaring hiscorearray as an empty array first then just change it there, that didn't help...

the common datas I'm using are the strings in the array... so there are lines somewhere else saying something like
SetCommonData("PRAC_1E_HISCORE", 0);
SetCommonData("PRAC_2E_HISCORE", 0);
SetCommonData("PRAC_3E_HISCORE", 0);
SetCommonData("PRAC_4E_HISCORE", 0);
SetCommonData("PRAC_5E_HISCORE", 0);
SetCommonData("PRAC_6E_HISCORE", 0);

EDIT:
tried turning this
into this
SetCommonData("CURRENTHS", GetCommonData(hiscorearray[currentstage-1]));
then just loading CURRENTHS as a normal value...
now it's giving me nothing...

*sigh* I'll just try again tomorrow... gotta stop now...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 03:50:27 PM by Kylesky »

« Reply #499 on: March 29, 2010, 03:51:42 PM »
making the hiscore system this time...
let hsscorenum1=GetCommonData(GetCommonData("CURRENTHS"));
   if(GetCommonData("gametype")=="PRACTICE")
   {
   if(GetCommonData("difficulty")=="EASY")
   {
   let hiscorearray=["PRAC_1E_HISCORE", "PRAC_2E_HISCORE", "PRAC_3E_HISCORE", "PRAC_4E_HISCORE", "PRAC_5E_HISCORE", "PRAC_6E_HISCORE"];
      if(GetCommonData("SCORE")>GetCommonData(hiscorearray[currentstage-1]))
      {
      }
   }
Note: These are just parts of the script... I'm sure that there's no missing brackets or semicolons or whatever...

This keeps on spewing out the same error
型が一致しません(961行目)   <-- whatever that means...

I think it's obviously possible to call a common data with a common data... or however you word it... I just don't know why this is erroring... >:(

tried putting something like this SetCommonData("CURRENTHS", "PRAC_1E_HISCORE"); in @Initialize... it makes the error stop, but then... that piece of code makes other common datas, that don't error without it, error for some reason... and removing the subroutine that contains that first line of code also makes the script play, but of course, it's not drawing the score anymore...

help? :ohdear: (Can't post the full code... it's too long and it's very messy and confusing right now... but I can still understand it and know where everything is...)

(the things in the array are common datas with values currently set at 0... and currentstage is well... the current stage... 1-6)

The way I can see around this is if you manually check what stage the player is on and update the high score from there.

if(GetCommonData("PRAC_1E")=="OnStage"){
//your high score code

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #500 on: March 29, 2010, 04:56:42 PM »
I could never understand how arrays of objects work...
Could someone please explain it in more... simple terms?

Thank you.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #501 on: March 29, 2010, 05:08:52 PM »
Well...

When you create an object with a task, the first thing you usually do is creating a variable, usually named obj, that stores a freshly generated object id.

let obj=Obj_Create(OBJ_WHATEVER);
To make an object array, you just create an empty array at the beginning of the script_enemy_main{}
let objarray=[];
Then you insert a line in your object task that adds the id of the newly generated object to the array.

objarray=objrarray ~ obj;
That way you can refer to any of the objects you created outside of the tasks that created them by refering to the entries in the array, for example, objarray[1].

Now the only thing left is to make shure that the id gets cut from the array once the object ceases to exist. To accomplish this, you need to put this code (or something similar) at the end of the object task, behind the while(Obj_BeDeleted(obj)==false){} part, so that it gets executed at the right time:

let ocount=0;
while(ocount<length(objarrray)){

if(objarray[ocount]==obj){
        objarray=erase(objarray, ocount);
    } else{
        ocount++;
    }
}

Drake

« Reply #502 on: March 29, 2010, 05:47:08 PM »
let hiscorearray=[GCD("PRAC_1E_HISCORE"), GCD("PRAC_2E_HISCORE"), GCD("PRAC_3E_HISCORE"), GCD("PRAC_4E_HISCORE"), GCD("PRAC_5E_HISCORE"), GCD("PRAC_6E_HISCORE")];

ps just because you access common data through strings doesn't mean they are located in the string
because that doesn't make any sense whatsoever

But the way you're using this makes me think that you're creating a new hiscorearray every frame. Not that it's technically wrong, but you'd think that would be updated instead of recreated. Also, instead of using the localized array hiscorearray and changing values through common data, you probably should just create one common data for easy access. Ideally, a 2D array.

SetCommonData("HISCOREARRAY", [ [eG,nG,hG,lG],[e1,e2,e3,e4,e5,e6],[n1,n2,n3,n4,n5,n6],[h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6],[l1,l2,l3,l4,l5,l6] ] ) or something of the sort. That way it could be actually ya know saved without any fandangled crappery.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #503 on: March 29, 2010, 09:52:37 PM »
>.< I had a problem like this just recently, actually. Try deleting* script_index.dat.

*by "deleting", I of course mean "renaming".

This works! Temporarily. I can play my whole plural script through once before it gets broken again.

So...

Ah, that might actually work. If I recall correctly, danmakufu stores certain script data there. If your script is screwed up in certain ways, danmakufu saves this screwed up data and will therefore cease to work properly until you got rid of this data, either by removing the scripts and then starting danmakufu a high number of times, or by releasing the data file.

^How exactly can I fix this screwed up data?

« Reply #504 on: March 29, 2010, 09:59:16 PM »
This works! Temporarily. I can play my whole plural script through once before it gets broken again.

So...

Post script!

Spoiler:

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #505 on: March 29, 2010, 10:11:14 PM »
Pastebin Scripts:

Spellcard 1
Spellcard 2
NonSpell 1
NonSpell 2

RAR of everything, commented out and removed music to save space.

I've never posted much of my work before. Nerves~ :ohdear:

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #506 on: March 29, 2010, 10:15:09 PM »

So...

Lolidunno.
Theoretically, getting rid of the old script_index.dat and maybe of the contents of the replay folder are the only things I know that will get the data clean again.

However, you said you were able to play through your script again once, right? And after that, danmakufu would start to crash again once you tried to do anything in the starting menu, right?

If so, we can deduce that it really was a problem in the script_index.dat, and that running the script screwed it up again. Now the problem is to find which part of you script causes the problem. Since this is a very peculiar error, my guesses would be:

There is probably something wrong with the header of any of the files that are part of the plural script. Popular mistakes would be:

- Missing the line #ScriptVersion[2]
- Having a script with an #BackGround[ ] be called inside another script with an #BackGround[ ].
- Having the line #Player[ ] formatted the wrong way.

Maybe there is another problem somewhere. Maybe you named some script files in your script folder in such a way that danmakufu screws up the archiving. For example, having the ? symbol in the name of a file (or anywhere else in the script) could cause severe problems, I imagine. Maybe you named one of the files so that its name is read by danmakufu as a command when archiving.

I'd check the heads of your all your scripts first.  When you've found an error, clean the script_index.dat and then try again.

Good luck.  :ohdear:

Edit: rawr, scripts. I should go to sleep now so that I can get up early tomorrow (actually, that is today by now  :o ), but I want to check them out, anyways.
Let's see...

« Reply #507 on: March 29, 2010, 10:24:13 PM »
Loli dunno?

Oh wait

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #508 on: March 29, 2010, 10:34:18 PM »
Loli dunno?

Oh wait

Glad that wasn't just me.

@Iryan: You can head to bed, Tyltalis found the error. For SOME REASON I have space after #ScriptVersion but before the [2] in addition to several other parameters. I fixed all those and it works perfectly now. (Except for those weird cutin anomalies, but I can't help them.)

EDIT: I LIED BROKE AGAIN

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #509 on: March 29, 2010, 10:42:21 PM »
AHASHAHAHA I found an error

You forget the closing ] bracket in one of the #Text[] lines.

Therefore the entire script was considered to be the text for the script. However, since danmakufu reads the playing part of the script from script_enemy_main onwards, the script was still playable. Then, when archiving, things gout fucked up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcHJvsOb984

Moep, now I may just as well listen Octavarium through till the end.  :V