Author Topic: Cosmic Break  (Read 211585 times)

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
Re: Cosmic Break (FIRST FANART CONTEST 01/12 to 02/17 11PM PST!!)
« Reply #360 on: January 24, 2011, 08:15:30 PM »
There's a couple of bugs that I really found annoying(I think these are bugs). Whenever I fire missiles when flying backwards, my robot flies forwards and I can't control it. By the time I regain control I run out of boost and land right in the middle of all my opponents. The chibi's magic circle ability shares it's cooldown with melee weapon, so I have to wait like 10 seconds to use a melee weapon after using the magic circle. And life bars are deceiving, they stay full as long as they have above 200HP(maybe a bit more or less). So if I start whailing on someone, I can't tell if I'm actually doing damage and I can't tell what would be the best robot to kill first.

On another note, I hate Ouka. What are the best weapons to counter her?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:31:18 PM by Admiral Skye »

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #361 on: January 24, 2011, 09:14:59 PM »
On another not, I hate Ouka. What are the best weapons to counter her?

Stardust cannon? The bitch is way too fast, you have to align yourself correctly or simply get lucky if you wish to hit her with anything like Limited Beam Gun or Beam Rifle, so AoE is your best bet I guess. But honestly, unless you are an air, don't bother, just run.

Hell, run anyways even if you are an Air, seeing how they will miraculously pop out of nowhere when you land with your Air.

EDIT: Just had another two games where Ouka popped out of nowhere AS I LAND. WHEN THE ENTIRE AREA LOOKED PERFECTLY CLEAR. IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:21:48 PM by reVelske »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #362 on: January 24, 2011, 09:38:54 PM »
I was able to somehow kite an Ouka as Land with Shino Exroad who has 27 walk and deal a lot of damage with my Rage Machinegun. That was until my arm was destroyed, I'm not sure if Ouka destroys arms or not, but most of the time my arms are destroyed there's an Ouka nearby and I can't tell if it was her since she moves so fast.

« Reply #363 on: January 24, 2011, 10:52:22 PM »
There's a couple of bugs that I really found annoying(I think these are bugs). Whenever I fire missiles when flying backwards, my robot flies forwards and I can't control it. By the time I regain control I run out of boost and land right in the middle of all my opponents. The chibi's magic circle ability shares it's cooldown with melee weapon, so I have to wait like 10 seconds to use a melee weapon after using the magic circle. And life bars are deceiving, they stay full as long as they have above 200HP(maybe a bit more or less). So if I start whailing on someone, I can't tell if I'm actually doing damage and I can't tell what would be the best robot to kill first.

On another note, I hate Ouka. What are the best weapons to counter her?
Aside from the latter (and that's probably intentional too), none of the rest of those are bugs.  Sub weapons share cooldowns, and certain weapons (it'd really depend on the missile in question) affect your flight when used in the air.

The strongest weapon against Ouka is the spacebar.  Seriously.  She's cursed with the fact that her midair melee instantly drops you to the ground, and her projectile is absolute ass (especially if the person's been tuning str and sacrificing tec).  I've seen Amateus and Saggi players jump up and nova/railgun her in the face and walk away with barely a scratch, and I've taken out Oukas the same way with a Lily.  If you're looking for specific weapons, there's a whole slew of them:

Any beam weapon - x1.4 damage multiplier
Beam Rifle - Good range, pierces her shoulder shield
Blaster - Punishes her for getting in her effective range, pierces her shoulder shield
Breakers - High damage is likely to stun her due to low tgh, splash ensures you don't need to aim perfectly if she's zigzagging with boost run, has great range so you can take her out at range too
Elecguns of all varieties - x1.4 damage multiplier, high stun rate.  I've stood still and stunlocked Oukas with my Tesla's AM2 doing this before.
Lasers - x1.4 damage multiplier, hits where you aim.  The only way she can dodge is by running faster than you can aim.
Grenades - Causes burning, completely destroying her turn radius and making defeating her as easy as stepping to the side and shooting her in the face
Burners - See above.
Volcano Grenades - See above, to a more serious degree.
Jupitizer - Won't really work unless she's either attacking something else, stunned, or in water, but it's hilarious if you catch her with it :3
Any weapon with a slow tune - She's useless if she can't move.
Any weapon with a stun tune - See above.
Any weapon with a burn tune -  See grenades/burners.
40 WLK (or 20 WLK + Boost Run) - She can't hurt you if she can't catch you.
NOT C.S. Explosion - She can just turn her shoulder to you to block it :c

EDIT: Oh, and if you can get 35 Rt for a Bugsycait, you can render Ouka completely unable to do anything.  Elecshields disable melee on contact. :>

I was able to somehow kite an Ouka as Land with Shino Exroad who has 27 walk and deal a lot of damage with my Rage Machinegun. That was until my arm was destroyed, I'm not sure if Ouka destroys arms or not, but most of the time my arms are destroyed there's an Ouka nearby and I can't tell if it was her since she moves so fast.
Katanas of all types have a rather high chance of destroying parts.  I chopped off a crim's only gun arm once c:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:56:40 PM by Esoterica »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #364 on: January 25, 2011, 01:50:11 AM »

Katanas of all types have a rather high chance of destroying parts.  I chopped off a crim's only gun arm once c:

You cruel personWas it a seraph?

Just beat 3* Frac, only 1 second left, and I now have 3 beam machine guns. Feels good man. In other news, I finally got a Kamui Staff. It has so much cost I can't put it on anything important, so I equipped it to my Elm S. and parade around the Quest area because I think it looks lulzy.

Also tuning in Cosmic Break sucks.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 01:53:30 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #365 on: January 25, 2011, 03:06:09 AM »
Also tuning in Cosmic Break sucks.
Tune on replaceable parts.  I usually use ace braver parts, because they have awesome fly, drop like candy, and usually have 2 or 3 slots.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #366 on: January 25, 2011, 04:21:09 AM »
Tune on replaceable parts.  I usually use ace braver parts, because they have awesome fly, drop like candy, and usually have 2 or 3 slots.

That's what I do. So far, I've only done weapons and low cost bot stuff. The problem is that all the tunes I want need that Midoro Cosmos and I don't feel like hunting for an hour only to turn up with nothing. I could only try with copies, but the problem is that the copies aren't the thing I want to use for whatever reason(cost, said part sucks, etc.)

I was thinking of making a suggestion for a garapon for making tune ups. One catagories are the misc. tune up parts, another can be the chips, the common cosmos could be silver, and the rarer ones can be gold. Maybe throw in an Rt catalyer/slot protector for platinum, but that's asking for a bit much. Maybe 300 UC for 1 roll and 1k UC for 5. The original idea was to break up the UC garapon so that people don't have to dump 70k for a Koko Gaap without slots and end up with just about nothing(this doesn't give them money, so I figure it won't be so bad.)
Also ask for stuff in Crim's shop to be cheaper, non-cosmos stuff cost way too much, especially when 90% of tunes need at least 5 of them, and I'm talking the stuff with a 40% rate of success.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #367 on: January 25, 2011, 04:37:59 AM »
I haven't done any tune-ups except for the tutorial ones. That might explain why I'm getting my ass kicked so much.

« Reply #368 on: January 25, 2011, 04:58:17 AM »
I haven't done any tune-ups except for the tutorial ones. That might explain why I'm getting my ass kicked so much.
I'd be willing to bet that a very large portion of players haven't either.

Unrelated, I fell in love with Maril March today.  I also fell in love with volcano grenades and their magical ability to rape all types.  Beat a Seraph, Jikun, and Saggi each in 1v1 with a volcano grenade and maril am2 (or just x2 volcano grenades), and showered a crowd huddled under a repair bit too.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:15:41 AM by Esoterica »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #369 on: January 25, 2011, 04:29:07 PM »
Since I'm using Maril March Trill, I have AM3 instead. That one is weaker but shoots faster, it still has saved me from meleeing land bots several times.

And a few questions, was does the INT stats do on weapons?  There's no info on that stat in the website. And what does the sway action do? I gave that to one of my robots and I didn't notice any difference in the dash.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #370 on: January 25, 2011, 06:36:33 PM »
Int is interval, ie. how much delay is there between shots, so the lower the better.

Sway is... well I dunno, "nigh useless" is about all I can think of to describe it :V It's a replacement for your standard dash action, it's quicker than dash, faster recovery but shorter distanced (not 100% sure about this, but it feels like it), you don't drift along in sway like you do in dash, it's basically a dash that gives you better control of your movement, and there's is a very short invulnerability time at the startup which you can potentially learn and use to dodge missiles with. The benefit of this isn't worth the cost at all TBH, rather go with Short Boost if you want something to dodge with or Boost Run/Float Dash for better movement.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:38:12 PM by reVelske »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!

« Reply #372 on: January 25, 2011, 09:37:12 PM »
Sometimes the prices makes me go "what?"
It's funny because I found a 3-slot handgun in area 3 of arcantus a few days ago :V

but yeah, pricing is lol

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #373 on: January 26, 2011, 02:18:11 AM »
If I disassemble a robot girl, will nothing happen to the parts that are irreplaceable?(like the head) And if I try to rebuild her, those irreplaceable parts are on by default, right?

« Reply #374 on: January 26, 2011, 02:41:37 AM »
If I disassemble a robot girl, will nothing happen to the parts that are irreplaceable?(like the head) And if I try to rebuild her, those irreplaceable parts are on by default, right?
If you junk a bot with locked parts, those parts stay with the core.  Moreover, any tuneups on locked parts  - successful or failed - will be reset upon being junked, too.  This is part of the appeal to bots like Mecha Jetter Girl; you don't need to waste RT on slot protectors and high-end catalyzers, because you can just junk her to reset everything.

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #375 on: January 26, 2011, 12:21:53 PM »
If you junk a bot with locked parts, those parts stay with the core.  Moreover, any tuneups on locked parts  - successful or failed - will be reset upon being junked, too.  This is part of the appeal to bots like Mecha Jetter Girl; you don't need to waste RT on slot protectors and high-end catalyzers, because you can just junk her to reset everything.
Aww I shouldn't have levelled up my bots which have slots on locked parts.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #376 on: January 26, 2011, 05:33:45 PM »
IN other news, Tempura's back. Who are the other GMs besides him?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #377 on: January 26, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #378 on: January 26, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »
A Proposition

I wouldn't mind this change, but that's mostly because my region has no free Rt offers at all. But if CS must add a way to get free Rt, it should be something you have to work for in-game instead of just doing some silly surveys. Maybe a weekly challenge that's difficult enough that people won't be able to do it in multiple accounts.

Though I want to know how much Rt I would have gotten if I lived in a region that has those free offers. How much do those survey give and how many surveys are there?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 08:15:13 PM by Admiral Skye »

« Reply #379 on: January 26, 2011, 10:11:31 PM »
Though I want to know how much Rt I would have gotten if I lived in a region that has those free offers. How much do those survey give and how many surveys are there?

IN other news, Tempura's back. Who are the other GMs besides him?
I see Wedge almost every day.  Sashimi drops by every now and again too.  Misa I've seen three or four times.  I've seen one or two others but forgot who they were :c

EDIT: Forgot, U-San idled next to my Ivis-chan as a Crim-chan for a whole day once.  That's the only time I've seen him though, and he didn't say anything.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:14:32 PM by Esoterica »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #380 on: January 26, 2011, 10:24:07 PM »
Wow, almost 50. Is that daily?

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #381 on: January 27, 2011, 12:42:37 PM »
New major update! http://www.cosmicbreak.com/info/topic/news/3871

Important parts:

• Lily Rain EVE coming soon!
  • Rt Charge added to UC Garapon!
  • These following items are added to Login Campaign reward:
    - 7DAYS Accele Roll
    - 7DAYS Air Loop
    - Reset Cartridge ALL
    - Limit Remove Lv5
    - Limit Remove Lv8
    - Cosmo Harmonics DELTA
    - Slot Protector Alpha
    - EXPx2 Ticket Alpha
    - UCx2 Ticket Alpha

Holy shit.

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #382 on: January 27, 2011, 01:23:36 PM »
Rt Charge
Welp, from this, anything worth Rt is basically UC now.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #383 on: January 27, 2011, 01:30:12 PM »
A single Rt from the Garapon isn't worth it, gold balls are too rare and there's 6 other items you can get from those balls. Especially when most people can get almost 50 Rt from surveys. The only reason I would keep rolling the UC Garapon is to get Mini Lily and School Lily, I already have every other item including 3 Sailor Crim, 2 mini Crim, and 2 Kokos(the damn Garapon hates me). Though I'll probably stop rolling and wait until the bazaar is implemented and trade my spare minis for the Lilys.

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #384 on: January 27, 2011, 02:18:30 PM »
yeah just realized now as well that the Rt Charge is only for 1Rt, so it's not very useful.

I'd love to be able to roll UC Garapon again, but UC has been so tight lately, just finished the UC farm for Limit remover 5 -> Limit remover 8 -> Seraph Crimrose (175k UC...), a Shino Exroad so I can rip her legs off for my Red Squealer (35k UC), now I need to push out another 30k UC for Ettion so I can rip the head off for Squealer, 65k UC for Cosmo Kaiser so I can rip head off for Destructor and BS for Squealer/Shino legs, even more Cosmo Kaiser if its parts aren't sold for UC, and I have Squealer and Seraph waiting for their level.5 remover, lily waiting for a level.8 remover, etc etc.

Well hopefully with the removers included in the Login Campaign, less farming will be required.

Youkai of Tea

• Faith and Tea.
  • And TeaFairies.
« Reply #385 on: January 27, 2011, 05:22:01 PM »
For some reason I seem to be unable to get some items from the UC Garapon. For example I never got a single Long Range Unit Wonderbit while I got at least 8 of every other single silver item. Same with bronze: The only item I never got is the Rabbit Band. Is it just really bad luck or are some items impossible to get?

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #386 on: January 27, 2011, 05:30:39 PM »
Garapon is a matter of chance, pal. :/  Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin'...

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #387 on: January 27, 2011, 06:29:09 PM »
Something I never understood from the UC Garapon is why are the bits considered silver while the accessories are bronze. I get 10 times as many Silver Garapons than Bronze Garapons.

EDIT: I finally manage to get the Survey offers to appear for me, so I click one one that gives 100 Rt and it says I'm not qualified for the survey. This thing hates me.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:13:54 AM by Admiral Skye »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #388 on: January 28, 2011, 03:20:30 AM »
Seeing how I have put about 35k into UC Garapon with only a mini Crim and Lily to show for it, and you guys seem to have spare Kokos, think you could trade me one when it gets implemented?

I still think we should have a specialized Garapon for Tune ups. Think I should make the suggestion?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:23:16 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #389 on: January 28, 2011, 03:41:38 AM »
I was playing with the idea myself earlier today, and to be honest, its one I can definitely get behind.