Author Topic: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]  (Read 80861 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]
« Reply #390 on: December 15, 2017, 01:54:32 AM »
>Widen our eyes like Sanae, dropping our jaw a bit.
>"Magical girls can do that? Incredible."
>"I can allow you to do it as well, if you wish. No contract required. As long as I'm close enough to all of you to act as a relay." 

>"I dunno... It sounds complicated." Sanae frowns. There's probably some risk to it too...

>"On the contrary, it's as simple as thinking of what you want to say and projecting it towards its intended recipient."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Eastern Interference in Salvation [Touhou x Puella Magi Madoka Magica Quest]
« Reply #391 on: December 15, 2017, 01:58:00 AM »
>Look at Sanae, and try to... think at her.
>"Can you hear me?"
>If successful, frown at Kyubey. "Wait... does this mean you can hear our thoughts?"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #392 on: December 15, 2017, 02:05:17 AM »
>Look at Sanae, and try to... think at her.
>"Can you hear me?"
>If successful, frown at Kyubey. "Wait... does this mean you can hear our thoughts?"
>"Of course, I can, Sator-wait..." Did she seriously just-

>"As you are projecting thoughts to be relayed, due to the very nature of this form of communication, I have no choice but to receive them as an intermediate destination." Kyubey replies, "However, I cannot receive what has not been sent."
>_
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:09:37 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #393 on: December 15, 2017, 02:18:43 AM »
>How easy is it to tell the difference between something from telepathy and something from our mind reading? ...it would be bad if we mixed them up at some point.
>Chuckle, returning our attention to Sanae. "Try not to get too used to hearing voices in your head. We wouldn't want that to become a habit."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #394 on: December 15, 2017, 02:30:01 AM »
>How easy is it to tell the difference between something from telepathy and something from our mind reading? ...it would be bad if we mixed them up at some point.
>You're not sure. You figure that your own mind reading can probably detect the thoughts NOT being sent through telepathy, plus it requires that your third eye is actually looking at the person.

>Chuckle, returning our attention to Sanae. "Try not to get too used to hearing voices in your head. We wouldn't want that to become a habit."
//Assuming this is intended to be spoken aloud.
//Also, from now on, to minimize confusion. Italics mean telepathy, while [italics with brackets indicate mind reading.]
----------------

>Sanae frowns. [You better not have any fun with this, Satori... I still think it could be risky...]

>You notice Mami emerge from her apartment.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #395 on: December 15, 2017, 03:25:38 AM »
Italics and brackets seem like a good system. >_> Since the main point of my question was, how easily we can tell the difference between a mind-read thought or a telepathically sent thought. How terrible it'd be if we mistook mind reading for telepathy and -replied- to it!

>...we probably can't do any kind of nonverbal message at Sanae since Kyubey's staring at us, but, she's right.
>Wave at Mami and smile. "So... we're going to find a Witch, huh?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #396 on: December 15, 2017, 04:13:59 AM »
Italics and brackets seem like a good system. >_> Since the main point of my question was, how easily we can tell the difference between a mind-read thought or a telepathically sent thought. How terrible it'd be if we mistook mind reading for telepathy and -replied- to it!

>...we probably can't do any kind of nonverbal message at Sanae since Kyubey's staring at us, but, she's right.
>Wave at Mami and smile. "So... we're going to find a Witch, huh?"
>Mami nods, "That's the plan, hopefully." [If they thought about it overnight, and are having second thoughts, I'd understand.] "Are you ready?"
>"Of course." Sanae smiles, [Well, I am at least.]
>_
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:01:18 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #397 on: December 15, 2017, 08:59:24 PM »
>"Sure."
>Lock our apartment's door behind us.
>"Just in case, is there anything we need to know before we head out?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #398 on: December 15, 2017, 09:45:28 PM »
>"Sure."
>Lock our apartment's door behind us.
>"Just in case, is there anything we need to know before we head out?"
>You do so.

>"Not much." Mami replies, "Just remember that a witch's barrier is a dangerous place. Keep close and listen to me, and you should be fine." [I'll make sure of that.]
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #399 on: December 15, 2017, 11:51:56 PM »
>Is our eye visible to the others, or covered by the pouch?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #400 on: December 15, 2017, 11:55:18 PM »
>Is our eye visible to the others, or covered by the pouch?
>covered of course.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #401 on: December 16, 2017, 06:18:23 AM »
>"We'll be careful. The familiar was intimidating enough, I can hardly imagine what a witch would be like..."
>Follow Mami!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #402 on: December 16, 2017, 06:33:54 AM »
>"We'll be careful. The familiar was intimidating enough, I can hardly imagine what a witch would be like..."
>Follow Mami!
>Mami nods, "Let's get started then."

>Mami leads your group out of the apartment complex and towards a bridge that's being heavily trafficked by vehicles. She manifests her soul gem from her ring and holds it in front of her. [Nothing yet...] she thinks.
>"I tend to start my patrols around one of the highways first." she explains, "Sometimes you'll find a trace of a witch aura near a fatal car crash or a spot where attempted suicides are likely..."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #403 on: December 16, 2017, 06:40:22 AM »
>"I see... so, you can sense where they've been?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #404 on: December 16, 2017, 06:47:43 AM »
>"I see... so, you can sense where they've been?"
>"A soul gem will glow when it detects the magic residue of a witch. Once it picks up a trail, you simply have to follow it."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #405 on: December 16, 2017, 07:06:49 AM »
>"Oh, I see. So you just check out creepy places until you pick up the scent of a witch and track it from there."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #406 on: December 16, 2017, 07:25:39 AM »
>"Oh, I see. So you just check out creepy places until you pick up the scent of a witch and track it from there."
>"Precisely." she nods as you walk along the busy road, [We'll follow the highway past the hospital, towards the Red Light District, pass a few common suicide spots, then do one last pass by the hospital... There's usually at least one witch or rogue familiar somewhere along that route.]

>"So... How do you know if it's a witch rather than a familiar like the one that attacked Satori and I yesterday?" Sanae asks. [There has to be a way to tell, right?]

>"Familiars tend to give off weaker auras than witches. However, since you usually pick up a trail when it's faint, there's usually no way of knowing which one it is until you are close enough to the barrier." [I don't mind that, though. Familiars are just as dangerous if they're left unchecked...]
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #407 on: December 16, 2017, 03:16:07 PM »
>"That makes sense, since familiars are supposed to be weaker. I can only imagine what a witch will look like."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #408 on: December 16, 2017, 07:28:08 PM »
>"That makes sense, since familiars are supposed to be weaker. I can only imagine what a witch will look like."
>"To be honest, they can look like anything. Every one I've seen has looked different than the last. However, this also means that it's possible for them to appear deceptively weak or strong. So you shouldn't judge a witch based on its appearance alone..." her soul gem suddenly flashes, "I've picked up a trail. Judging by the intensity of the flash, there's likely a barrier within a few blocks of us." [Too soon to tell if it's a witch yet...]

>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #409 on: December 16, 2017, 07:42:51 PM »
>"Huh... I see. Oh! Guess we'll be finding out firsthand pretty soon."
>Follow Mami.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #410 on: December 16, 2017, 07:51:06 PM »
>"Huh... I see. Oh! Guess we'll be finding out firsthand pretty soon."
>Follow Mami.
>The two of you follow Mami. The soul gem flashes at intervals, if it's brighter, Mami keeps going, if it's dimmer, she changes direction until it flashes again.
>"It's definitely a witch," she remarks, after one of the bright flashes, "It doesn't get that bright for familiars." [If my guess is correct, the barrier should be within a block of us.]

>_

« Reply #411 on: December 16, 2017, 08:49:24 PM »
>"The witch's really close, then? Hopefully it'll all go well..."
>Keep following Mami.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #412 on: December 16, 2017, 11:35:51 PM »
>"The witch's really close, then? Hopefully it'll all go well..."
>Keep following Mami.
>"Yeah." Sanae nods, "So... what'll happen if things go bad...?" [Surely she has a backup plan if things go sour.]
>[They knew what they were getting into when they agreed to come with me. At least I hope they did... In any case, it would be very unlikely for things to go that badly, but just in case...] Mami thinks, "Well, your safety would be the first priority, so we would likely retreat to a different part of the barrier, and I'll leave you in a relatively safer spot away from the main conflict. If we can't retreat easily, then I would tell you to run and cover your escape. However, the chance of something like that happening is unlikely unless you're being very careless."

>Your group approaches an alleyway near a bar. Mami's gem glows brightly as you near it.
>She stops outside of the alleyway and turns toward it. "It's in here. Definitely."
>_

« Reply #413 on: December 22, 2017, 07:16:33 PM »
>Look into the alleyway. Anything we can see or feel from there?
>"So... how do we enter it? I mean, if these 'barriers' are made by witches to protect them, wouldn't simply walking into them be either difficult or lead into traps?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #414 on: December 22, 2017, 11:14:07 PM »
>Look into the alleyway. Anything we can see or feel from there?
>"So... how do we enter it? I mean, if these 'barriers' are made by witches to protect them, wouldn't simply walking into them be either difficult or lead into traps?"
>Not really.
>Mami transforms into her magical girl attire. "Just watch."
>She holds out her hand, and suddenly space begins to distort, before a circular image appears in front of the three of you. At the center is a dark brown symbol depicting a bird inside of a cage, and at the edge is a ring of smaller birds, moving in a circle.

(BGM)

>"Stick close to me once we're inside, okay?" she says as she places her soul gem on her head, where it transforms into a flower-shaped accessory, [It'll be dangerous if they got lost.]
>"Got it." Sanae nods, [So many bird images...]
>_
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 12:15:08 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #415 on: December 24, 2017, 04:06:49 PM »
>"Of course."
>Watch whatever it is Mami is doing.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #416 on: December 25, 2017, 01:03:32 AM »
//For some reason someone always posts in this game right after I start an 8 hour work shift lol.
//Anyway, I'm free to parse for pretty much the rest of the night, so....
>"Of course."
>Watch whatever it is Mami is doing.
>Mami begins to walk through the circular image.
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #417 on: December 25, 2017, 03:29:56 AM »
>Follow her inside!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #418 on: December 25, 2017, 05:01:16 AM »
>Follow her inside!
>You enter....
>You end up in a bizarre, open space. The floor seems to be a repeating pattern, while the sky is filled with splotches of green, blue, purple and black. Various objects resembling gemstones are just floating in random positions all around you. You spot a distant silhouette in the sky, surrounded by a cluster of smaller silhouettes, or perhaps a swarm? They all look like dots from here.
>Mami surveys the area as Sanae enters. [That cluster over there is likely the witch.] she thinks, [Though with a barrier this open, getting to it seems deceptively easy...]
>She turns to the two of you. "Alright, follow me. Be ready for anything."
>_

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #419 on: December 25, 2017, 05:03:25 AM »
>"Wow... got it!"
>Be ready to attempt to read attacks off of Mami if we get a chance, whilst we follow.