Author Topic: [COMPLETED] Roll to Dodge - A Multiplayer Game of Chance  (Read 75755 times)

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
Re: Roll to Dodge - A Multiplayer Game of Chance
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2014, 04:04:38 AM »
>ROCKING OUT YEAAAAH
>Finish job, collect pay, treat unmatched sock to a meal to raise social link.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2014, 07:12:17 AM »
>Aww, her singing's adorable! I'll quietly go outside and stand nearby, but I won't interrupt (or at least, hopefully I don't make too much noise!).
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2014, 07:58:33 AM »
>Approach mansion and hail its guard(s), requesting for entrance.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2014, 11:40:33 AM »
>head to the nearest village
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2014, 02:10:09 PM »
> "Heh, well, them spirits would have to work mighty hard to take me in one piece!"
> Take note to the mention of "job opening." The guise of farmhand probably isn't fooling anyone at this point, so you'll need a legitimate job, and with the funds this job could conjure up, you could build up some real weaponry!
> "Ah wouldn't mind hearin' a bit more o' this guard post deal! Ah've got some spare arms ready for use!"

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2014, 01:48:31 AM »
>"Well, Miss Keine, I am here because you specifically asked me to come back. Right as we parted, you said something along the lines of 'If you can, come visit tomorrow'. As an aside, it's rather funny...I was never really early for school until I got to college. Yet here I am, early and not even attending. But I digress. I am here now, so I want to know what you wish to talk to me about."
>to Patorikku "Ah, good morning. Good to see no spirits or anything nabbed you while you slept..." [although you probably got better sleep than I did...]
>After Keine speaks, "Also, I have a few questions. First, Hieda no Akyuu...where does she live? You recommended I visit her, and I figure I should. But I need to know where she lives first."
>"Second, out of curiosity...do I still count as human due to...y'know...this?" Indicate the railgun. "And these?" Motion towards wings, give them a flap (if applicable, I don't recall it being stated I had them one way or another. Having them would be cool.)
>>Provided she didn't give me a quest objective already, "Lastly, I read in the paper about a job opening defending the village...well, due to my *ahem* circumstances, I believe I might be invaluable for being a guard of the village. Where would I go to apply for that?"
[1] "It's hard to explain, but..."
She appears to be hesitant
"Don't you find it somewhat strange that you showed up shortly after the village was attacked? It's almost as if someone sent you to defend the villagers..."
"Well, I didn't really think of it that way. I was pretty tired yesterday. Although I did find something in the newspaper about the village under attack or something..."
"Yes, that's correct. You see, about a week ago, villagers went missing in the middle of the night, apparently taken from their homes as they slept. As a precaution, we set up a wall around the village, guarded all day long. We still don't know much about the motives of these random attacks, but from the evidence we have, it doesn't appear to have been done my anyone in this village, let alone any human."
"And what about this 'Akyuu' girl? Why did you mention visiting her yesterday?"
"Ahh... Hieda no Akyuu. She is of big concern to us right now, seeing as how she is one of the most important people in all of Gensokyo. As part of the village defense initiative, guards were also stationed at her residence in case whoever, or more likely, whatever, tries to attack her."
You stare out one of the windows as you try to piece all this information together.

Suddenly, the door to the schoolhouse is blasted open. The rubble settles, revealing a green-haired woman holding a rather large parasol. Most uncomfortable to you is the creepy and almost sadistic smile on her face as she fires a beam of light out of her parasol in your direction.

[5] You nimbly dodge the beam as it blasts a hole right through the roof, sending shards of wood flying in all directions. She laughs maniacally while preparing for another shot. Seizing this opportunity, you jump up, lunge forward with a flap of your wings, and tackle her into the ground.

From behind you, Keine mutters something with utmost horror in her voice.
"This is not good, not good at all..."

> Politely decline the girl's offer and explain how we found the money.
[1] "No thanks, I'm not really in the mood for tea now. And by the way, this money isn't mine. I found it lying around last night, and I decided to..."

Before you can finish your explanation the girl grabs your arm and forcefully drags you into the shrine.

Oh dear, the masses are gathering.
>##Killing intent: Insect-tachi
[2] Your efforts didn't seem to have much effect, because the swarm of insects are continuing towards you, now at a faster rate.

Who knows, they might not be poisonous?

>ROCKING OUT YEAAAAH
>Finish job, collect pay, treat unmatched sock to a meal to raise social link.
[4] The audience cheers as you walk away from the makeshift stage. You decide that you're done for the day and ask for your pay. The manager hands you a sack of coins and asks you if you would like to perform again later.

You remember seeing an unmatched sock going towards the schoolhouse, so you set off in that direction.

Money +9000

>Aww, her singing's adorable! I'll quietly go outside and stand nearby, but I won't interrupt (or at least, hopefully I don't make too much noise!).
[3] You weren't paying much attention as you stepped out of the shack and took a trip off the ledge. A loud, dull thud echoes as you fall face-first onto the grass, instantly scaring the birds away.

>Approach mansion and hail its guard(s), requesting for entrance.
[2] As you walk up to the mansion, a guard points a dagger at you.
"What business do you have here?"
You explain your reasons for visiting the mansion, but the guard does not appear to take it seriously.
"Visitation is only allowed upon invitation from the mistress. If you have not been summoned, you may not enter."
He takes out a card with strange symbols on it and braces himself as if you may attack.

>head to the nearest village
You are already in the Human Village.

> "Heh, well, them spirits would have to work mighty hard to take me in one piece!"
> Take note to the mention of "job opening." The guise of farmhand probably isn't fooling anyone at this point, so you'll need a legitimate job, and with the funds this job could conjure up, you could build up some real weaponry!
> "Ah wouldn't mind hearin' a bit more o' this guard post deal! Ah've got some spare arms ready for use!"
[3](+1) "So, um... About the village under attack... Do you think we can be of help? We're not quite ordinary, in the sense that we can't do anything. I've got plenty of weaponry, and my friend here, well, he's got the power to manipulate nuclear fusion."

Your inquiries are interrupted when the door to the schoolhouse is blasted open by a seemingly hostile woman. Judging by the damage caused, she doesn't appear to be human. You begin to wonder if she is related to the attacks Keine was talking about.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2014, 02:11:19 AM »
> "Oh... This looks like some fine mess o' trouble..."
> You remembered to bring your guns with you right? Get yourself set up to help fend off the assailant!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2014, 02:39:27 AM »
> Frown slightly, but accept the tea anyway.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2014, 02:52:17 AM »
>To pinned green-hair lady with lasers, "Now, madam, it appears we are in a compromising position. I don't want to risk collateral damage, let alone bodily damage on either of our ends, and you don't look like one who angers easily. Why don't we all just calm down, have a bit of tea, you can explain yourself, and this place of learning won't have to be destroyed? Hmm?"
>>If she refuses, "Then can we at least fight outside? I didn't exactly arrive here with an ATM, and I would rather not have you pay for any damages."
>>During this, make sure she is securely grappled. Take nothing for granted. On guard the entire time. I don't doubt the Yatagarasu powers would increase my own durability, but I'm not willing to let my guard down to test that.
>>>If she breaks out and/or attacks, make sure to dodge first, then create a black sun in my non-gun hand. "Are you sure you want to do this?"
>>If she accepts, let her up, but warily. "There. Now why don't we find a secluded place outside of the village?" To Patorikku: "Could you get us some tea? Actually," back to green-hair "What sort of tea would you like?"
>>"Sorry Keine, this is a bit higher priority. I hope you understand."

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2014, 04:38:21 AM »
>"...Self, that wasn't "being silent." Sorry I scared them away..."

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2014, 05:18:37 AM »
The enemy Stand might not be an actual enemy!?
>Ponder equip rating of the swarm

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2014, 06:00:46 AM »
>Shoot Cuddle Beams into the Bamboo Forest until I hit something
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:03:36 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2014, 11:28:14 AM »
>Investigate that huge explosion near the schoolhouse
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2014, 08:14:19 PM »
>Notice mr. sock is in the middle of something
>"heyy! You want some lunch? I don't know how much I can buy with this money!"
>"You too green lady! I have enough money for everyone!"
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2014, 02:07:31 AM »
> "Oh... This looks like some fine mess o' trouble..."
> You remembered to bring your guns with you right? Get yourself set up to help fend off the assailant!
[4] Of course you have your guns with you. Why woudldn't you? With all due respect you're in a place where you could be perfectly fine one second, only to have your head torn off the next. After arming yourself properly, you join an unmatched sock in pinning down the trespasser.

> Frown slightly, but accept the tea anyway.
[3] Once in the interior of the shrine, you realize that it must have little to no worshippers at all. You also remember the previously empty donation box, which further confirms your guess.
"Here you go~"
The girl places two cups of green tea on either end of a kotatsu in the center of the room.
"Ummm... thanks."
You place the glass up to your mouth and tilt it up. As the scalding hot tea touches your lips, you reel back from the unexpected pain and drop the cup, spilling its contents.
"Ehh... I thought you outside-world people know not to drink tea right away."
She looks a bit pissed off.

>To pinned green-hair lady with lasers, "Now, madam, it appears we are in a compromising position. I don't want to risk collateral damage, let alone bodily damage on either of our ends, and you don't look like one who angers easily. Why don't we all just calm down, have a bit of tea, you can explain yourself, and this place of learning won't have to be destroyed? Hmm?"
>>If she refuses, "Then can we at least fight outside? I didn't exactly arrive here with an ATM, and I would rather not have you pay for any damages."
>>During this, make sure she is securely grappled. Take nothing for granted. On guard the entire time. I don't doubt the Yatagarasu powers would increase my own durability, but I'm not willing to let my guard down to test that.
>>>If she breaks out and/or attacks, make sure to dodge first, then create a black sun in my non-gun hand. "Are you sure you want to do this?"
>>If she accepts, let her up, but warily. "There. Now why don't we find a secluded place outside of the village?" To Patorikku: "Could you get us some tea? Actually," back to green-hair "What sort of tea would you like?"
>>"Sorry Keine, this is a bit higher priority. I hope you understand."
[2] "And what? Just leave you all alone? NEVER!!!"
She pushes you away with strength that doesn't quite fit her profile, and cackles loudly.
"I'll make sure to kill everyone in this village!!!"
You fall backwards and slam down into a chair, shattering it and falling to the floor.

Despite the fact that most incidents in Gensokyo end with tea (and sake) drinking, it looks like tea is out of the equation today. Sake is probably out as well.

>"...Self, that wasn't "being silent." Sorry I scared them away..."
[4] Mystia looks at you with a playful smile
"That's okay, I was bored anyway. Do you want to go with me to the Misty Lake? It'll be lots of fun~!"

The enemy Stand might not be an actual enemy!?
>Ponder equip rating of the swarm
[1] You stop to observe the swarm of flying insects. They continue to fly towards you, and in a matter of seconds you're surrounded by them. You try to get out, which causes them to sting you multiple times. As the venom courses through your body, you immediately fall to the ground.

You are dead.

>Shoot Cuddle Beams into the Bamboo Forest until I hit something
[3] You shoot cuddle beams in all directions, causing a large patch of bamboo to fall and pin you to the ground.

>Investigate that huge explosion near the schoolhouse
[2] Well, look who arrived late to the party...

You run towards the schoolhouse. By the time you get there, several guards have surrounded the area.
"It's too dangerous for you to go further. Please stay in your house until further notice."

>Notice mr. sock is in the middle of something
>"heyy! You want some lunch? I don't know how much I can buy with this money!"
>"You too green lady! I have enough money for everyone!"
[1] After witnessing what just happened, you realize that the woman is likely not human. However, that doesn't stop you from inviting her to lunch with you.
"Don't... call... me... that!!!!!"
She charges at you and plunges her parasol [1] into your gut, making a sickening crunch as it passes out the other side of you. She pulls it back, spraying blood all over the walls.
"Who's next?!?!"
As the pain subsides, you look down at the carnage while thinking about what to do in your next reincarnation. You also see Keine yelling at her, but you are unable to hear anything.

You are dead.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:11:30 AM by aUsernameIsFineToo »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2014, 02:48:42 AM »
>urk, what kind of cruel god makes bamboo this heavy? I want a new god!
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2014, 02:59:23 AM »
>Hey, I think I earned enough money for an extra life! I haven't even spent it yet!
>If I don't get one, mourn my brief stint as a highly successful musician, respawn near the entrance of the Human Village

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2014, 03:20:42 AM »
> Right, with diplomacy out of the picture and a clearly threatening enemy in front of you, there aren't a lot of options here. Flank her from the side she's not holding her parasol in and let loose a blaze of bullets! And try to pull off a badass line pre-gunshow.
> "Don't like the taste of tea? Fine! How 'bout lead!?"

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2014, 03:28:09 AM »
>"Sure, why not?"
>Let her lead the way, I have absolutely no idea where the Misty Lake is in comparison to here.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2014, 03:33:20 AM »
> Apologize profusely.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2014, 03:54:29 AM »
>Watch the carnage from afar.
>Find someplace outside of the village that has no people

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2014, 04:01:20 PM »
>Remember that it's Halloween and spook her into submission
>"Now madam, there are multiple combinations and variations of a colorful selection of vulgarities I could say directed at you, but it seems now is not the time to talk. Now, instead, is the time to test..."
>Let's go for a heavy hit. Cloak self in a sun, then tackle her. As impact occurs, grab hold of her and carry her away from the school, making sure to pin her arms in place. Maybe with luck the nuclear fire will consume her parasol. Let's try to take her to a more open area, such as outside of the village. (The grab will be somewhat like Uncontainable Dive from Hisoutensoku, for reference.
>>Failing the grab, just throw the sun around me as a projectile at greenie. I can apologize to Keine for any damages later.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2014, 05:20:19 PM »
What the hell why would you betray me like this ;;
>Haunt the world as a zombie goast

« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2014, 02:42:13 AM »
>urk, what kind of cruel god makes bamboo this heavy? I want a new god!
[5] Suddenly, you feel great strength rushing through your body. With a roar, you push the fallen bamboo away from you and stand up from the rubble. Now that you're free again, you notice that you've made a proper exit path.

>Hey, I think I earned enough money for an extra life! I haven't even spent it yet!
>If I don't get one, mourn my brief stint as a highly successful musician, respawn near the entrance of the Human Village
[2] You continue mourning your death, failing to realize that you're still an aimlessly floating spirit.

> Right, with diplomacy out of the picture and a clearly threatening enemy in front of you, there aren't a lot of options here. Flank her from the side she's not holding her parasol in and let loose a blaze of bullets! And try to pull off a badass line pre-gunshow.
> "Don't like the taste of tea? Fine! How 'bout lead!?"
[5] At your threat, the youkai girl snarls and charges towards you. This is your last word! Now's the time!!!

You raise your guns, one on each side, and squeeze the trigger. Clink... Clink... CHING-CHING-CHING-CHING-CHING-CHING-CHING-CHING...
Forget spellcards! These are real bullets! As hundreds of shells hit the floor and heavy smoke rises from the spinning magazine, the enemy is instantly torn to shreds. However, you can't see that through the smoke, so you hold down those triggers for a good minute-and-a-half.

CHING-CHING-CHING-CLUNK-clunk-tssssssssssssss...

Since you were shooting in the direction of the already-destroyed door, no collateral damage was done. Covering the floor and walls are giblets and blood, most likely from your target. As the saying goes, there's no kill like overkill!

"Oh, great gods! You actually killed her! You killed Yuuka Kazami!"
Keine seems to be extremely surprised at your seemingly simple feat.

>"Sure, why not?"
>Let her lead the way, I have absolutely no idea where the Misty Lake is in comparison to here.
[1] After following her for a while, you notice the temperature has decreased quite a lot. Soon enough, a lake comes into view.
"We're here!!" Mystia exclaims.
The Misty Lake is exactly how you remember it to be. In the distance there is the silhouette of a Western-styled mansion, largely covered by fog and, wait for it... mist.

As you walk after Mystia, you trip on a log and fall right into the lake. You try to yell out, but instead gulp down copious amounts of freezing water. Your entire body cramps up from the coldness, and before you know it you've drowned to death.

You are dead.

> Apologize profusely.
[4] "Oh, I'm absolutely sorry. I didn't know the tea was going to be that hot..."
"Ah, whatever. That wasn't good tea anyway."
You sigh in relief at her acceptance of your apology.
"Sorry I got too excited. It's just that this is the first time anyone's donated to my shrine this year! Stay here, will you?"
The shrine maiden stands up and walks outside, presumably to count the money in the donation box.

>Watch the carnage from afar.
>Find someplace outside of the village that has no people
[1] As you watch from afar, you hear loud rapid-fire gunshots followed by echoes in the silence. You turn around to leave the village, but the gathering crowd pushes you back.

>Remember that it's Halloween and spook her into submission
>"Now madam, there are multiple combinations and variations of a colorful selection of vulgarities I could say directed at you, but it seems now is not the time to talk. Now, instead, is the time to test..."
>Let's go for a heavy hit. Cloak self in a sun, then tackle her. As impact occurs, grab hold of her and carry her away from the school, making sure to pin her arms in place. Maybe with luck the nuclear fire will consume her parasol. Let's try to take her to a more open area, such as outside of the village. (The grab will be somewhat like Uncontainable Dive from Hisoutensoku, for reference.
>>Failing the grab, just throw the sun around me as a projectile at greenie. I can apologize to Keine for any damages later.
Thanks to Patorikku and his smooth gunplay, the assailant is nothing more than blood and giblets splattered all over the floor and walls. It appears that you no longer have to act upon this incident.

What the hell why would you betray me like this ;;
>Haunt the world as a zombie goast
[2] The RNG laughs heartily at your failure and prevents you from doing anything this turn.

According to random.org, "The randomness comes from atmospheric noise, which for many purposes is better than the pseudo-random number algorithms typically used in computer programs." I wonder if that has to do with whether the sun is up or not, since at night it tends to produce tons of low numbers and during the day it produces higher numbers.

Happy Halloween! For those of you that went out to roam the streets in costumes, I hope you had fun (and candy)!

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2014, 03:14:23 AM »
>Blink twice and un-summon the black sun. "Well. That's one way to do it...but something isn't entirely right..."
>To Keine: "Madam, I do apologize for the damage this...Yuuka caused. I do have another few questions, though. Someone like that would have a source of power, and I wouldn't doubt that she might try to reform there. Her arrogance would mean she doesn't fear death, and this fight seems way too easy. If her power source is destroyed, then she would truly vanish...so where might this be? Unless you can prove that she is permanently deceased. Also, about that guard job..."
>Repress feelings of jealousy and disappointment that I didn't get to try my abilities. Grumble grumble.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2014, 04:16:38 AM »

> Welp, now that the situation is under control, (by some astounding twist of fate) give your companion and Keine some time to discuss whatever matters they need to attend to. Find a nearby food stall or something, stepping carefully over the carnage.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:20:06 AM by Patorikku »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2014, 05:00:00 AM »
> Wait for her and drink some of our tea if there's any left that wasn't spilled.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2014, 05:59:21 AM »
>grumble, grumble, should've upgraded to the new respawn system, these loading times are insane.
>Respawn above random occupant of Human Village

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2014, 08:52:21 AM »
>I never was much of a swimmer, so... yeah.
>Beg nearest shinigami to let me live again, I died for a pretty stupid reason anyways. Maybe he'll/she'll listen!

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2014, 01:38:22 PM »
>don't resist the crowd