Author Topic: [COMPLETED] Roll to Dodge - A Multiplayer Game of Chance  (Read 75376 times)

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
Re: Roll to Dodge - A Multiplayer Game of Chance
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2014, 04:10:20 PM »
>at LaserTurtle's assistance "Ah, thank you. Now we ca- GEH...Uh...Oh, my ankles! Thank you, dear boy! Turns out I don't need assistance after all." [Little less pain would be nice, though...] (Player note: "" is for speaking, () is for OOC comment, [] is for internal dialogue, and nothing is for an action or clarification for speaking. Just a heads-up.)
>at Patorikku's excuse of 'farmhand' "Um..." *hold up left hand to show off fusion arm* "Your excuse seems...lacking. And unnecessary. Although, we are staying for the night, so if you would like to accompany us we can chat in the morning after we have rested." [I wonder if I even still have to sleep, since fusion generates so much energy anyway...well, I'm sure I will find that out sooner or later.]
>Follow LaserTurtle's example, and stay for the night to recover, view quests, only allocate my skill points towards combat abilities, fusion abilities, and any possible upgrades for the arm. A few skill ranks into Perception won't hurt, either.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2014, 04:25:00 PM »
Can't be helped. At least there's still some left.

> Keep following the path.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2014, 07:58:24 PM »
>at Patorikku's excuse of 'farmhand' "Um..." *hold up left hand to show off fusion arm* "Your excuse seems...lacking. And unnecessary. Although, we are staying for the night, so if you would like to accompany us we can chat in the morning after we have rested."
> "Shure thing! Ah'm in need of a bit of shut-eye right about now."
> Take to the inn with the others. Deal with any necessary modifications to weapons and stats when you arrive.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2014, 01:26:30 AM »
>walk to the village
[2] Walking sure takes a lot of time, doesn't it?

>Oh right, she does that, I sometimes forget!
>"I'm not very sure. I just woke up in the middle of the forest, and it's not like I've been drinking or anything, so..."
"Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat? I've got grilled lamprey!"
She merrily flies off while motioning at you to follow her.

>Stay for the night. Recover HP/MP, view ongoing quests, allocate all skill points towards musical bard-ery.
[5] BONUS: Your next roll gets 1 added to it.

"Thanks, Miss..."
"...Kamishirasawa. It's my pleasure to help those like you. I'll be on my way now, come visit me sometime tomorrow if you can."

A few minutes later, an attendant leads you to your room. After a long and eventful day, you feel glad that you've finally found a place to rest for the night.

BGM that fits the scene quite well

The hotel room is strikingly plain. Two torches placed beside the door light the walls, and a hard tatami mat lies in the center. Sitting in a corner of the room is a cabinet with a large mirror behind the door. Despite the fact that you haven't seen any technology newer than the wheel for the past day or two, you half-expected a television set instead. Even a monochromatic tube would have sufficed. In another corner of the room, across from the cabinet, there is a small table. On top of it there is a cup of green tea and today's issue of "The Daily News", a rather generic newspaper run by village publishers.

Seeing as how there are no other sources of information, you lie down on the mat and read the newspaper. The following headlines catch your attention:
  • NEW MAHJONG PARLOR OPENS IN HUMAN VILLAGE
  • BODIES OF MISSING VILLAGERS FOUND IN MYSTERIOUS SUNFLOWER FIELD
  • FIGHT BREAKS OUT BETWEEN DRUNKARDS AT LOCAL BAR
  • INCREASED YOUKAI PRESENCE PROMPTS VILLAGE LEADERS TO HEIGHTEN SECURITY

Too tired to read further, you toss the newspaper aside and quickly fall into a deep sleep.

All vital stats recovered; musician skill +5

>Respawn in a location with many players
[4] You find yourself in the Human Village.

>at LaserTurtle's assistance "Ah, thank you. Now we ca- GEH...Uh...Oh, my ankles! Thank you, dear boy! Turns out I don't need assistance after all." [Little less pain would be nice, though...] (Player note: "" is for speaking, () is for OOC comment, [] is for internal dialogue, and nothing is for an action or clarification for speaking. Just a heads-up.)
>at Patorikku's excuse of 'farmhand' "Um..." *hold up left hand to show off fusion arm* "Your excuse seems...lacking. And unnecessary. Although, we are staying for the night, so if you would like to accompany us we can chat in the morning after we have rested." [I wonder if I even still have to sleep, since fusion generates so much energy anyway...well, I'm sure I will find that out sooner or later.]
>Follow LaserTurtle's example, and stay for the night to recover, view quests, only allocate my skill points towards combat abilities, fusion abilities, and any possible upgrades for the arm. A few skill ranks into Perception won't hurt, either.
[2] "Thanks, Keine"
"You're welcome. It's my pleasure to help those like you. I'll be on my way now, come visit me sometime tomorrow if you can."

A few minutes later, an attendant leads you to your room. After a long and eventful day, you feel glad that you've finally found a place to rest for the night.

The hotel room is strikingly plain. Two torches placed beside the door light the walls, and a hard tatami mat lies in the center. Sitting in a corner of the room is a cabinet with a large mirror behind the door. In another corner of the room, across from the cabinet, there is a small table. On top of it there is a cup of green tea and today's issue of "The Daily News", a rather generic newspaper run by village publishers. The window is cracked, and the metal frame looks like it was bent out of shape. Because of this, the wind makes an unpleasant howling sound as it blows through the cracks and gaps.

You lie down on the mat and read the newspaper. The following headlines catch your attention:
  • NEW MAHJONG PARLOR OPENS IN HUMAN VILLAGE
  • BODIES OF MISSING VILLAGERS FOUND IN MYSTERIOUS SUNFLOWER FIELD
  • FIGHT BREAKS OUT BETWEEN DRUNKARDS AT LOCAL BAR
  • INCREASED YOUKAI PRESENCE PROMPTS VILLAGE LEADERS TO HEIGHTEN SECURITY

Too tired to read further, you toss the newspaper aside and try your best to fall asleep. Every now and then, you're woken up by strange sounds that make you question whether it was made by something other than the wind. Without a good rest, you're unable to upgrade your skills or weapons.

All vital stats recovered

Can't be helped. At least there's still some left.

> Keep following the path.
[6] It's very quiet, save for crickets chirping in the distance.

The path leads to an old, rickety Shinto shrine. There is a placard on the torii, but from your viewing angle you are unable to make out the characters in the darkness. As you continue up the stone stairs, you notice several coins near the donation box. It seems that whoever tried to donate missed and spilled their offerings. You count at least 2000 yen.

> "Shure thing! Ah'm in need of a bit of shut-eye right about now."
> Take to the inn with the others. Deal with any necessary modifications to weapons and stats when you arrive.
[4]
BGM that fits the scene quite well

After a long and eventful day, you feel glad that you've finally found a safe place to rest for the night. The hotel room you were led to is strikingly plain. Two torches placed beside the door light the walls, and a hard tatami mat lies in the center. Sitting in a corner of the room is a cabinet with a large mirror behind the door. In another corner of the room, across from the cabinet, there is a small table. On top of it there is a cup of green tea and today's issue of "The Daily News", a rather generic newspaper run by village publishers.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2014, 01:54:55 AM »
> Gather up the coins and place them in the donation box.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2014, 01:55:33 AM »
>I'm lonely, I wish everyone were back lost in the Bamboo Forest with me!
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2014, 02:10:06 AM »
>"Oh, uh... sure!"
>Follow that night sparrow!
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2014, 02:18:32 AM »
>"Oh, uh... sure!"
>Follow that night sparrow!
[4] You follow her to a small wooden shack on the side of a grassy road.

Your previous post didn't contain an action, so this is your roll for the day.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:21:40 AM by aUsernameIsFineToo »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2014, 02:52:17 AM »
Ahhh, okay. I figured there'd be a roll towards further reaction to what I said, but I'll roll with it. :V

>Enter the cabin! Nothing could go wrong here!

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2014, 03:01:36 AM »
>Investigate mahjong parlor, inquire for jobs for a musician.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2014, 03:08:08 AM »
Why are there so many seeds abandoned. WHY
>Go chase after cabbit. You know who I mean.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2014, 04:21:35 AM »
> Allocate any spare points into dexterity and hit the sack.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2014, 04:05:33 PM »
>"Accursed gale..." After waking up, make sure to leave a complaint, although nicely worded, about the window and it should really be fixed.
>Increased youkai presence? Hmm...Off to Keine's to inquire about this event! Perhaps there's something I and my newfound abilities can do to help. Or something.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2014, 05:14:35 PM »
>walk faster

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2014, 01:47:45 AM »
> Gather up the coins and place them in the donation box.
[1] After gathering all the coins in a pile, you count the grand total to be 3500 yen. Intense psychological dissonance begins to settle in as you stare at the gleaming currency lying on the wooden deck.
"Whoever spilled those coins must've meant to donate them..." you think to yourself.
"It's not a donation unless it's in the box!" you mentally reassure yourself.
"What if someone's watching? What if the gods of the shrine are looking down at me from above?"
"That's crazy! There's nobody nearby!"

After a few minutes of deep thought and back-and-forth consideration, you pocket all the coins in an attempt to rid yourself of the swirling thoughts in your head. There does not appear to be anyone nearby.

Money +3500

>I'm lonely, I wish everyone were back lost in the Bamboo Forest with me!
[2] You wait a moment after making your wish and open your eyes. Nothing seems to have happened. Creepy noises continue to reverberate around you.

Ahhh, okay. I figured there'd be a roll towards further reaction to what I said, but I'll roll with it. :V

>Enter the cabin! Nothing could go wrong here!
The night-sparrow lights a torch and invites you inside.
"You look hungry."
She prepares the flame and places several skewered lamprey eels at the tip of the crackling fire.

After a while, she removes the cooked meat and serves them to you.
"Here... Say, most humans come here in groups. Isn't it odd that you're here alone?"

>Investigate mahjong parlor, inquire for jobs for a musician.
[6](+1, is this even possible?) You enter the mahjong parlor, where men and women of all ages are gathered. Some are deeply drawn into the game, while others are drinking and placing outrageous bets they'd certainly regret if they ever sober up.
"Are you in need of a musician"
"A musician, huh? We could certainly use a musician. How does 3000 an hour sound to you?"
You accept the offer without hesitation.

Why are there so many seeds abandoned. WHY
>Go chase after cabbit. You know who I mean.
You chase a rather large cabbit to a tree, where you find several other cabbits of various sizes and colors. Upon seeing you, they begin purring in an incredibly cute manner.

> Allocate any spare points into dexterity and hit the sack.
[6] Judging by the moon's location in the sky, you estimate the time to be somewhere around late midnight. Without wasting any more energy, you put out the torches and quickly drift off into a deep sleep.

All vital stats recovered, dexterity +10

You are woken up by chirping birds and bright, intense sunlight.

>"Accursed gale..." After waking up, make sure to leave a complaint, although nicely worded, about the window and it should really be fixed.
>Increased youkai presence? Hmm...Off to Keine's to inquire about this event! Perhaps there's something I and my newfound abilities can do to help. Or something.
[2] As you leave the inn you ask for the manager, a middle-aged man comes into the lobby.
"What seems to be the problem, young man?"
"The room I was in last night had a crack in the window frame, making it really noisy. Perhaps you should do something about that."
"Oh, I'm absolutely sorry for that. I'll get someone to check on that right away."
"Yes, please do."
The man walks away in the direction he came from.

You walk to the schoolhouse Keine pointed out to you yesterday, and as you open the door to step in, an unsettling silence surrounds you.
"Keine, are you there?!"
No response.
"Keine, are you there?!"
You ask again, yet there is still no response from anyone.

>walk faster
[1] You begin to pick up your pace in the direction of the Human Village. As the road gets uneven you take a nasty trip, instantly breaking your neck. You feel yourself detaching from your lifeless body as you float up into the air.

You are dead.

The RNG seems to be very temperamental today.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2014, 02:15:58 AM »
> Attempt to donate after being overcome by overwhelming guilt.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2014, 02:18:42 AM »
>Continue meandering the halls. Finding Keine is an important task! For right now, anyway.
>Bellow: "Keine, your previous summons has not gone unheard! I am here now!"
>...Check time.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2014, 03:01:43 AM »
>"Perfect! I'll start right away!"
>Begin performing music of +5 skill.
(rolling a 7, I break the boundary conditions of the universe! HAHAHAHAHA)
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2014, 03:02:39 AM »
> Look around for the others that you came here with. Running around without companions isn't the wisest course of action to take, regardless of where you are.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2014, 03:17:56 AM »
>Inventory
>Anyone around?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2014, 05:21:18 AM »
>Frown and go investigate the noises, use my Cuddle Beam powers if need be.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2014, 08:28:18 AM »
>Take the lamprey eel. "Thank you very much!"
>"Normally, yeah, but I woke up alone. I don't know why I was there, I swore I was at the Misty Lake before..."
>Eat the eel. Hopefully this tastes good!

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2014, 08:06:15 PM »
>Oh dear. Who left their golden chest up here? I'd better return it. Pick up the golden chest and head down the mountain towards the nearest settlement or building I can see from the peak.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2014, 08:23:32 PM »
Target acquired.
>Murderize all the cabbits. It's GENOCIDE SCROLL TIME

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2014, 01:11:21 AM »
I've got two midterm exams tomorrow, so I'll have to delay updates to tomorrow night.

学生考试中。。。
Students do their best now and are testing. Please wait warmly until it is done.

« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2014, 02:15:09 AM »
> Attempt to donate after being overcome by overwhelming guilt.
[5] You are woken up by the sun shining right at your face. As you crawl out from underneath the bushes, the heavy coins jingle in your pockets. You are suddenly overwhelmed by intense guilt. Whoever tried to donate must have meant to do so, and there's no reason why you should be taking them. You walk up to the donation box and drop the coins in.
Thunk... The sound of metal hitting wood. Thunk... Thunk... Clink... Clink... Clink... Clink...

You look up as the last coin drops into the box. There is a girl standing in the shrine, behind an open door. She is looking at you with a surprised yet excited look on her face.
"Welcome to the Hakurei Shrine! Come on in, would you like some tea~?"

>Continue meandering the halls. Finding Keine is an important task! For right now, anyway.
>Bellow: "Keine, your previous summons has not gone unheard! I am here now!"
>...Check time.
[4] Your voice echoes in the building, but there is still no response.

Ding... Ding... Ding... Ding... Ding... Ding... Ding... Ding... Dinnngggggggg~~~
It is nine.

As you walk towards the door, ready to search for her yourself, it swings open to reveal a familiar person.
"Oh! It's you, from yesterday night! What brings you here?"

>"Perfect! I'll start right away!"
>Begin performing music of +5 skill.
(rolling a 7, I break the boundary conditions of the universe! HAHAHAHAHA)
[5] Standing in the front of the wooden room with a gasoline generator powering several speakers, a row of lights, and sound console. As you strum the strings of your electric guitar to the backing track, the walls echo with booming music a few centuries ahead of its time here. The audience seems to enjoy your performance.

You have broken the boundary between Eastern and Western music by bringing heavy metal to Gensokyo.

> Look around for the others that you came here with. Running around without companions isn't the wisest course of action to take, regardless of where you are.
You remember hearing something about a schoolhouse last night, so you head off in that direction.

As you enter the building, you see an unmatched sock talking with the woman you saw last night. As you enter the building, she notices you and motions at you to come inside.

>Inventory
>Anyone around?
[1] You have nothing except for a plain white shirt and baggy jeans you're wearing.
There are many passersby of all ages, walking to and from shops and bars. Some of them look very drunk, despite the fact that it's only early morning.

>Frown and go investigate the noises, use my Cuddle Beam powers if need be.
[2] You try to investigate, but weariness and sleeplessness overpowers the curiosity, forcing you to fall into a deep sleep. You wake up to the sound of birds chirping, and the sight of clear skies beyond the bundles of bamboo stalks.

>Take the lamprey eel. "Thank you very much!"
>"Normally, yeah, but I woke up alone. I don't know why I was there, I swore I was at the Misty Lake before..."
>Eat the eel. Hopefully this tastes good!
[6](+1) Mystia smiles at you. Upon hearing about the Misty Lake, she begins to look excited.
"Do you want me to take you there? I've got lots of friends there. Oohhhh, I bet they'd be completely astonished when they see you!"
As you bite into the eel and let the flavor sink into your mouth, a taste unlike anything you've experienced before courses through your tastebuds.
"This is delicious!!!" you exclaim.
"Ummm... thanks!"

After eating two more servings, you fall asleep on the wooden bench, waking up to the sound of birds chirping , and a certain night sparrow singing back at them.

All vital stats recovered; endurance +10, strength +10

>Oh dear. Who left their golden chest up here? I'd better return it. Pick up the golden chest and head down the mountain towards the nearest settlement or building I can see from the peak.
[5] You've got quite the view from up here. To the north is what appears to be a village surrounded by a wall of some sort. Obviously that looks like a place where you might find the owner of the chest. You make out the shortest path from where you are, and take off towards the village.

After a while, you find yourself standing in front of a heavily guarded gate. Two guards, armed with spears, stand on either side of the gate.
"What brings you here?"
After explaining your reasons to them, they open the gate and hurrily shut it after you've entered.

The Human Village is bustling with people of all ages. Some are talking to each other as they walk down the busy streets, while others are shopping at various stores. A schoolhouse and a mansion standing out from the rather repetitive shacks catch your attention.

Target acquired.
>Murderize all the cabbits. It's GENOCIDE SCROLL TIME
[2](+1) As the cabbits continue to purr at you, a burning desire for carnage begins to build. Within minutes, the group of nearly thirty cabbits are reduced to a pile of blood, mush, and fur. A horrible stench begins to settle in, attracting swarms of large flying insects best described as some sort of hybrid between bumblebees and houseflies. They're unlike anything you've seen before you found yourself in this forest, and they look absolutely disgusting.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2014, 02:29:05 AM »
>Join in on the conversation taking place.

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2014, 02:40:50 AM »
>"Well, Miss Keine, I am here because you specifically asked me to come back. Right as we parted, you said something along the lines of 'If you can, come visit tomorrow'. As an aside, it's rather funny...I was never really early for school until I got to college. Yet here I am, early and not even attending. But I digress. I am here now, so I want to know what you wish to talk to me about."
>to Patorikku "Ah, good morning. Good to see no spirits or anything nabbed you while you slept..." [although you probably got better sleep than I did...]
>After Keine speaks, "Also, I have a few questions. First, Hieda no Akyuu...where does she live? You recommended I visit her, and I figure I should. But I need to know where she lives first."
>"Second, out of curiosity...do I still count as human due to...y'know...this?" Indicate the railgun. "And these?" Motion towards wings, give them a flap (if applicable, I don't recall it being stated I had them one way or another. Having them would be cool.)
>>Provided she didn't give me a quest objective already, "Lastly, I read in the paper about a job opening defending the village...well, due to my *ahem* circumstances, I believe I might be invaluable for being a guard of the village. Where would I go to apply for that?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2014, 02:45:33 AM »
> Politely decline the girl's offer and explain how we found the money.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2014, 02:45:44 AM »
Oh dear, the masses are gathering.
>##Killing intent: Insect-tachi