Author Topic: Dungeon & Fighter (DFO/DnF/AS/etc.)  (Read 10129 times)

Dungeon & Fighter (DFO/DnF/AS/etc.)
« on: December 31, 2009, 10:48:18 AM »
So I've been playing this game a lot lately, and since I didn't want to revive the old thread I figured I'd just start a new one.

For those unfamiliar with the game you can look at the old topic for details.

Note that as of late there was a recent patch that fixed up a few things, most notably that the EXP curve is now the same as the original game (that way you can go from level 1 to promotion in one single fatigue meter).

Amusingly, I'm actually trying to avoid the daily missions right now (which you start getting at 30) because of this, as my Spitfire is levelling so fast there's literally no way I'm going to be completing all the available quests before I hit the current level cap of 40 (heck, (currently) high-level channels like Storm Pass actually have people in them now). It's actually quite hilarious really, considering before I'd often hit a brick wall of grind at around level 26.

As far as characters go, I have four. My Crusader is full support, my Spitfire is a mix of physical and magical power, my new fighter is destined to become a Striker (though I plan to make a Nen Master at some point too), and since a close friend recently started playing I made a priest specifically to play with them, which will become a Monk.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 10:51:04 AM by AlexX »

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
Re: Dungeon & Fighter (DFO/DnF/AS/etc.)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 03:20:36 PM »
Reinstalling as we speak. I was elated to hear that the curve had been kicked to the curb.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 04:20:37 PM »
My poor mage never even made it to a 2nd Job because I got tired of doing the same dungeon over and over and dying repeatedly.  :V

I might try this again if the EXP curve has been shot down that significantly. I still want to make a Witch after all.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 04:24:41 PM »
On Arad Senki:

閻魔姫 - BattleMage Lv37
霊帝女ナクト - Spitfire Female Lv23
★清妖精★ - Nen Master Lv18
流浪月 - Asura Lv18

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 10:20:21 PM »
Would any of you know how to get the Honorary GBL Member and Sacred Guardian titles? Right now my gunner is stuck with Skytower Climber and Importance of Basics and I'd really like to get at least one of the newer ones before he caps out. I don't want to do quests after hitting level 40, as once the level cap is raised that'll all amount to wasted experience (after capping out I'll probably just farm for specific items, and maybe help people unlock king's road for the more difficult dungeons so the tokens aren't wasted).

As far as the level cap goes, Nexon has promised to do it once open beta ends, and the number of level 35+ characters is starting to get out of hand (as I said, places that were previously barren now even have goldseller bots, which are a sure sign of a channel's popularity), so my guess is it'll probably come around summer.

Either way I already have plans for what my characters will have as a moveset once they hit level 60. Only thing I'm not sure about is my spitfire's awakening skill, because people won't shut up about how useless the Black Rose Squadron is and how I shouldn't waste points in it, but at the same time my build ends with me having more points than I know what to do with, so I'm not sure if there's any reason NOT to at least get one level in the awakening skill. A friend reccomended Seria's magic and physical crit boosts though, and since I use both forms of attack often that does have a tempting bit to it (especially since if I do cap them out wth the excess points I'll have an additional ~15% crit chance to anything I do at the end).

My poor mage never even made it to a 2nd Job because I got tired of doing the same dungeon over and over and dying repeatedly. 
You'll certainly gain more EXP, but Shadow Thunderland will not cease to be sucky, nor will being a solo mage get any easier. My advice is to grab at least one friend, because mages have it pretty hard starting out on their own no matter what (and most have trouble soloing until a lot later on, with the obvious exception of the summoner).

As far as being a witch goes... Any plans for specialty? In general, witches and elementalists usually like to pick their two favorite elements and focus on those.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 03:04:16 AM »
Would any of you know how to get the Honorary GBL Member and Sacred Guardian titles? Right now my gunner is stuck with Skytower Climber and Importance of Basics and I'd really like to get at least one of the newer ones before he caps out.

Honorary GBL Member is part of the GBL Arad epic episode iirc

Sacred Guardian you must do Hyper Jammer epic episode

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 03:09:29 AM »
Hey I play that game! I have a preist that I'm planning on makeing into an exorsist.
Wotters gonna' wot

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 04:28:44 AM »
Hey I play that game! I have a preist that I'm planning on makeing into an exorsist.
Magical or physical? Or a bit of both perhaps?

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 08:40:37 AM »
Quote from: AlexX
As far as being a witch goes... Any plans for specialty? In general, witches and elementalists usually like to pick their two favorite elements and focus on those.

I haven't gotten around to re-downloading this yet but I'll probably end up doing it tomorrow (or uh... today xD) and play around.

I thought about taking Fire and Ice because Ice has always been my favorite element and Fire just seems really fun with the Jack O' Lantern theme going on. After actually looking at skills though, it seems like Light/Dark would be a more fitting build for a Solo Witch.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 10:39:48 AM »
I haven't gotten around to re-downloading this yet but I'll probably end up doing it tomorrow (or uh... today xD) and play around.

I thought about taking Fire and Ice because Ice has always been my favorite element and Fire just seems really fun with the Jack O' Lantern theme going on. After actually looking at skills though, it seems like Light/Dark would be a more fitting build for a Solo Witch.

Light/Dark is much better. Gravitas and the other skills are awesome. If you get Lv60 as a cap, spend some points in Fire, too. 8)

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 10:58:21 AM »
Question: Is there still an IP block for Europe? Because I can't read Japanese to play the Japanese version and Hotspot Shield just slows my connection unnecessarily down...  :'(

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 10:55:54 PM »
Honorary GBL Member is part of the GBL Arad epic episode iirc

Sacred Guardian you must do Hyper Jammer epic episode
Unfortunetely, I just completed the last of the GBL arcs and I did not get get the title. Rather, I got a few "of Tradgety" weapons instead (most of which I can't use since I use bowguns/autoguns and I've yet to run into one of those... hand cannons and revolvers aren't all that great for a spitfire, and a musket's rate of fire is too slow for me).

Sacred Guardian I likely won't be getting anytime soon due to how big a grind that mission is... >.> The only thing that even comes close is the GSD quest that asks for 5 oxidized substances, of which I only have one (from my first try with the stupid capsule... I won't be getting enough white cube fragments for a full cube to keep on trying anytime soon, thats for sure).

Light/Dark is much better. Gravitas and the other skills are awesome. If you get Lv60 as a cap, spend some points in Fire, too.
Might wanna let them know if there's an option for their favorite elements, because just because its not optimal doesn't mean its not still viable.

For example, specializing in Flash Bang (elec gernades) and fire bullets is optimal for a spitfire. I'm going to specialize in freeze gernades instead, which is not the most optimal way to go about it but still reasonable. My original plan to specialize in ice bullets had to be abandoned, because they're too weak with too low a freeze chance (at too high a cost compared to the gernades) to be considered. Silver bullets are slightly better though, because they're cheap to cast and the cooldown is lightning-fast.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 01:47:36 AM by AlexX »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 02:21:32 AM »
oh wait

there is a series of Regular quests.

You may do them in Behemoth. Lv36 quests. I don't know whta they are in English. But it is triggered via GSD.

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 02:25:16 AM »
You may do them in Behemoth. Lv36 quests. I don't know whta they are in English. But it is triggered via GSD.
You mean the one where I need the 5 smouldering lumps (aka Oxidized Substances) from the capsules?

Joy... I'm not obtaining either title anytime soon (or at least not without having to take out a freaking loan -.-).

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 02:31:23 AM »
You mean the one where I need the 5 smouldering lumps (aka Oxidized Substances) from the capsules?

Joy... I'm not obtaining either title anytime soon (or at least not without having to take out a freaking loan -.-).

Yep! :B

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 02:37:10 AM »
In that cast maybe I'll just spam First Spine once I hit level 40 to farm for tentacles or something, because I really want a Silver Triangle right now (level 40 Bowgun for spitfires from crafting recipe) and I'm sure as heck not going to put that in the backburner for the sake of titles I can easily live without (I didn't throw away any of the other 3, after all, so I can swap between them at will).

Any of the Storm Pass epic quest chains give anything good at the end? I can only do one before I cap out and want to be sure I get something good out of it.

For the record, I already have the Necklace from the FrozenHeart dungeon quests (and the one where you have to defend the heart until the boss becomes vulnerable) and the one where you have to beat all the tribe leaders to prove yourself (including that one priest NPC boss and the one that looks like an asura but has Star in the Sky).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 02:40:01 AM by AlexX »