Author Topic: Wind Priestess Quest - Part 2: What has Tobe done.  (Read 64417 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Wind Priestess Quest - Part 2: What has Tobe done.
« on: October 13, 2015, 05:15:26 AM »
>You are Sanae Kochiya, Wind Priestess of the Moriya Shrine.

>Several years ago, you moved to Gensokyo with your shrine's goddesses, Kanako Yasaka and Suwako Moriya, due to a dwindling supply of faith in the outside world. Shortly after the move, you met your rival, Reimu Hakurei, who fought against your shrine as it attempted to monopolize all of Gensokyo's faith for itself. After the incident, tensions between the Hakurei and Moriya shrines had been somewhat alleviated.

>Some time later, your goddesses decided it would be a good idea to start some kind of industrial revolution, and promptly gave the power of a yatagarasu to a Hell Raven from the Gensokyo Underground named Utsuho Reiuji. The resulting incident led to a rapid cascade of other incidents that resulted in even more religious tension in Gensokyo, as well as a large amount of blame directed at your shrine. On the bright side, however, your shrine gained joint control of a new fusion reactor with the Underground, and became one of the few places in Gensokyo with electricity.

>After all the incident chaos, things have finally started to settle down. Conflicts between the religious groups have died down for the most part, and nothing interesting ever seems to happen much anymore...

>Until recently.
----------------------------------------------
>Recently, Gensokyo had been undergoing an unnatural, deep freeze.

>This morning you learned that your shrine's main goddess, Kanako Yasaka, has been gone for increasingly longer periods as the week went by, and now it's to the point where she's practically missing. Understandably, you and Suwako were quite worried.

>As you left your shrine this morning to investigate the incident, you came across Kogasa Tatara passed out in the snow. You took her back to your shrine where she began to warm up. You then left your shrine once more.

>You then investigated the Genbu Ravine and The Garden of the Sun, but neither location gave you any leads as to what the cause of the incident might be. On the way to the garden, you encountered a group of fairies, struggling to survive in the harsh cold. You managed to persuade them to go to your shrine.

>You then flew towards the Scarlet Devil Mansion. En route, you met Wakasagihime, the misty lake's resident ningyo, who got herself trapped in the ice at the lake surface. You decided to take the time to free her from her predicament, but it ended up with you being plunged into incredibly freezing water.

>Wakasagihime then carried you to the Scarlet Devil Mansion, where you stayed for a while to warm up (While wearing a slightly small maid's outfit, which you have yet to give back.) while she returned a tool you borrowed from a random Kappa. You then passed the time by playing a card game with Remilia, Sakuya, and Patchouli. You also learned that Sakuya hasn't found any leads, either. Eventually, Wakasagihime returned, and you played a quick game of truth or dare with her while your clothes finished drying.

>Right before you left the mansion, a massive explosion suddenly struck the Misty Lake, vaporizing a good portion of the water there. You investigated it, along with Sakuya and Wakasagihime, and found a rather mangled, but peculiar hatch of some kind on the lake bed. Unfortunately, you had no way to open it.

>You then decided to head over to The Underground and investigate the incident there. You decided to use the entrance by the Hakurei Shrine. A nasty blizzard developed on the way there, forcing you to take shelter in the Hakurei Shrine, where you learned that Reimu also has not found any leads. However, you did manage to persuade her to leave your shrine alone. For now...

>After the blizzard cleared, you went to The Underground, only to be turned away by Parsee Mizuhashi. You then flew back towards your shrine to use the elevator there. On the way you were attacked by a group of three strange magical constructs of some kind, resembling yin yang orbs surrounded by two rings of five smaller orbs.

>When you returned to your shrine, you found the same group of fairies from before, and, surprisingly, they were putting faith into your shrine. (Well, in a fairy way...) You then checked in with Suwako before attempting to try the elevator. When you got there, you found the elevator on lockdown. Forcing you to try the Hakurei Entrance once more.

>You then left your shrine, accompanied by Kogasa, who had now fully recovered from her ordeal this morning, and flew all the way back to the cavern near the Hakurei Shrine. The two of you descended, and were stopped by Parsee and an oni named Yuugi, who proceeded to battle you.

>Yuugi was about to defeat you, but you received some unlikely assistance from a mysterious youkai girl named Koishi, who promptly intervened. Koishi then took you and Kogasa to the Palace of the Earth spirits.

>Inside the Palace of the Earth spirits, you met up with Orin, and met Koishi's sister, Satori. Who looks severely burned and is bedridden. Orin then took you to the fusion reactor, where you finally found Kanako, and then learned the truth behind this incident. Kanako, Utusho, and the Kappa were running an experiment on the reactor, which went horribly wrong and created what Utsuho refers to as a "heat vacuum" which is gradually drawing all the heat out of Gensokyo. You also learned that they have been unable to shut the reactor down, and that one of their attempts put Satori in her current condition.

>You then left the Underground, with Koishi in tow, to fetch Eirin from Eientei in order to treat Satori. You were attacked once more by a group of constructs along the way.

>You then entered another blizzard once you reached the Bamboo Forest of the Lost. On the way to Eientei, you happened across Keine Kamishirasawa, who got lost in the blizzard, and had just collapsed from the cold. You carried her to Eientei.

>When you arrived in Eientei, you instructed Koishi to take Keine someplace warm, and then went to find Eirin. You have not found her yet, but you managed to find Reisen Udongein Inaba and Fujiwara no Mokou. You then informed Mokou about Keine.

>You are currently in Eientei, about to take Mokou to Keine.

>You currently have enough faith to perform up to two small miracles.

>INVENTORY:
  >Moriya Shrine Maiden's Outfit (equipped)
  >>Your signature outfit.
  >>Comes equipped with two hammerspace sleeves, courtesy of your shrine's goddesses.

>Gohei
  >>Your primary weapon. You can use it to fire danmaku and club people over the head.
  >>You can also channel faith into it to "charge" its power, or to help you perform large miracles.

>Snake Accessory (equipped)
  >>A gift from Kanako, it's a snake-shaped hair accessory that wraps around your hair on one side.
  >>It's purely cosmetic and serves no special use.

>Frog Hair Clip (equipped)
  >>A gift from Suwako, it's a hairclip shaped like a frog's head.
  >>It's purely cosmetic and serves no special use.

>Shoes
  >>An article of clothing usually worn on the feet.

>Winter Coat (equipped)
  >>A coat generally worn in cold weather. Comes equipped with pockets and a hood.

>Scarf (equipped)
  >>An article of clothing meant to keep the neck and lower face warm in cold conditions.

>Winter Boots (equipped)
  >>Footwear designed for trudging through deep snow.

>Winter Gloves (equipped)
  >>Wool gloves meant to keep your hands warm in cold weather.

>Maid Outfit
  >>A spare maid's outfit from the Scarlet Devil Mansion. It's a tiny bit too small.

>?2400
  >>Cash on hand.

>SPELLCARDS:
     >Esoterica "Gray Thaumaturgy"
     >>Fires a couple large star shaped patterns that quickly dissipate into a shower of bullets

>Wonder "Daytime Guest Stars"
     >>Danmaku radiates in all directions while you fire light and shrapnel.

>Sea Opening "Moses's Miracle"
     >>A canal of lasers traps the opponent(s) while you send spreads of blade-shaped danmaku at them.

>Preparation "Star Ritual to Call the Godly Winds"
     >>Fires stars of danmaku that constantly split into walls of projectiles.

>Great Miracle "Yasaka's Divine Wind"
     >>Creates a localized typhoon of pure danmaku, this is your strongest spell card. This will leave you exhausted if you use it.

>QUESTS:
  >The Snowball Gensokyo Incident.
  >>The temperature in Gensokyo has been rapidly falling all week. It's time to investigate and resolve this incident. Perhaps one of your friends or acquaintances might have some information to get you started.
  >>You've found the cause of the incident. Now you just need to stop it. Somehow...

>"Um Reisen, I'm sorry..."
Edit: >"Because we're gonna skedaddle on outta here!"
>Snatch Mokou and skedaddle back into the other room.
>Specifically make sure that we are skedaddling back to the other room.
>"It's fine... I was just about to write up her discharge papers anyway..." Reisen replies.

>You lead Mokou back into the room with all the rabbits, and begin scanning for signs of Keine or Koishi. You eventually spot both of them by one of the fire pits, in the middle of a dense crowd of rabbits. Keine appears to have a blanket draped over her.
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
  • Double Spoiler was my birthday present.
Re: Wind Priestess Quest - Part 2: What has Tobe done.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 05:22:58 AM »
//I feel all nice and fresh from that recap.
>Give Mokou a little push toward Keine.
>She's probably already running toward her.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 05:25:46 AM »
>You were driven to madness... But noticing people still had faith in you, It fills you with Determination
//And that's my last post for this thread.
Spoiler:
Don't question me on that post ^ ether , I'm just following the train so I don't have a bad time.
[/sup][/s]
//^Is what I would've typed in the last forum, but then I was ninja'd, as expected~

>Initiate the first Ponder of the new thread and Ponder how Koishi managed to get her into the middle with such unorganized rabbits...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 05:33:16 AM »
>Give Mokou a little push toward Keine.
>She's probably already running toward her.
>You attempt to nudge Mokou but-
>Yep... That's exactly what she's doing...

>Initiate the first Ponder of the new thread and Ponder how Koishi managed to get her into the middle with such unorganized rabbits...
>Knowing her abilities, it's very likely that she just made it so that the rabbits didn't notice them.

>Mokou reaches the group of rabbits, and begins rudely barging herself into the crowd. Much to the rabbits' annoyance...
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 05:37:32 AM »
>Watch out for any projectile rabbits.
>Probably wouldn't hurt too much. They're all so fluffy.
>Unless you get hit in the face with a foot, that's probably hurt. You'd be pretty lucky because of it though...

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 05:40:34 AM »
>Follow Mokou into the dense fluff, maybe apologize to a few of the rabbits.
>"Koishi, I think we should leave Kiene with Mokou. We need to find Eirin."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 04:58:07 AM »
>Watch out for any projectile rabbits.
>You raise your guard in case some of the rabbits are sent flying, however this probably won't happen.

>Probably wouldn't hurt too much. They're all so fluffy.
>Unless you get hit in the face with a foot, that's probably hurt. You'd be pretty lucky because of it though...
>They aren't fluffy when they're in this form, though. So they'd still hurt, regardless.

>Follow Mokou into the dense fluff, maybe apologize to a few of the rabbits.
>You pursue Mokou into the rabbit crowd, apologizing as you go. Their responses vary greatly, with some being an annoyed grumble, while others are a simple "Oh, it's fine..."
>You reach the center of the fluff group, and come across Mokou kneeling next to Keine, who is shivering and draped in a blanket. Koishi is standing off to the side.

>"Are you alright!?! What the hell were you doing out there in this weather!?!" Mokou demands.
>"Well... I was worried about you..." Keine replies, "I wanted to see if you were okay..."
>"You idiot. You could've frozen to death out there. Besides, I'm immortal. You have no reason to worry!"
>"I know you're immortal... but you can still... I just... I just wanted to make sure you were staying warm, and not repeatedly freezing to death... you know..."
>"Keine..."

>"Koishi, I think we should leave Kiene with Mokou. We need to find Eirin."
>"My name is spelled Keine! Go back to school!"

>"Okay." Koishi answers, "Lead on."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 05:26:22 AM »
>"My name is spelled Keine! Go back to school!"
//Don't worry, we've all done it.
>Navigate back out of the fluff labrynth.
>Find that hallway again, this place is confusing.
>WHO BUILDS A BIG CONFUSING MANSION IN THE MIDDLE OF A BAMBOO FOREST?!

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 05:45:47 AM »
//Don't worry, we've all done it.
>Navigate back out of the fluff labrynth.
>Find that hallway again, this place is confusing.
>WHO BUILDS A BIG CONFUSING MANSION IN THE MIDDLE OF A BAMBOO FOREST?!
>You push your way out of the rabbits with Koishi following close behind, and find your way back to the hallway that led to the room Reisen was in. You're glad it's relatively simple to get there, you feel if the hallway was any farther, you'd get lost in the maze of hallways just trying to get there.
>You end up back outside the door to the room Reisen was in.

>Only a lunatic would. Wait. Lunatic.... Looney... Looney has six letters. Kaguya, Eirin, and Reisen all come from the moon... That's three people. Six divided by three is two. There are two sisters living in the Lunar Capital. Which is located on the Moon. The Moon is 238,900 miles from the Earth. The first two digits of that number are two and three. Two plus three is five. Reisen is a stage five boss. There are thirteen letters in "stage five boss". Reisen has two eyes. Thirteen minus two is 11. There is one Gensokyo and one Lunar Capital. There were twenty consonants in that sentence. 20 plus 11 is 31. The Earth and Moon are two celestial bodies. 2 plus 31 is 33. You can spell "ten" by taking three letters from the phrase "The Lunar Capital". 33 times 10 is 330. There are, on average 330 doritos in a family sized bag. A dorito is a triangle. The Illuminati is also a triangle. The Lunar Capital is Illuminati confirmed!
//God that was painful to write...
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 05:53:58 PM »
>Collapse from realizing we have been Illuminati puppets the whole time.
>Walk in, she's probably still there, and I don't know where Eirin is. I suck at directions.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 08:34:26 PM »
>Wondering where Mima is huh? Don't worry, the Illumimanati is still active in secret. Waiting for just the right time...
>Spells Wakasagihime right. Misspells Keine... :colbert:
>Knock on the door.
>"I'm both respecting your privacy by knocking and asserting my authority as an incident resolver by coming in anyway."

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 09:35:11 PM »
>Keep knocking.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2015, 04:35:54 AM »
>Collapse from realizing we have been Illuminati puppets the whole time.
>GAME OVER!

>Wondering where Mima is huh? Don't worry, the Illumimanati is still active in secret. Waiting for just the right time...
>Spells Wakasagihime right. Misspells Keine... :colbert:
>M i m a   s h a l l   r i s e   a g a i n !

>Walk in, she's probably still there, and I don't know where Eirin is. I suck at directions.
>Knock on the door.
>"I'm both respecting your privacy by knocking and asserting my authority as an incident resolver by coming in anyway."
>You take one step into the room, but immediately change your mind and step backwards.
>You begin knocking on the open door.

>Keep knocking.
>You continue to knock repetitively on the open door.
>As you continue your compulsive need to knock on the door, you notice Reisen staring at you from the center of the room. She's wearing an unamused expression on her face, as if to say "Really..."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 04:56:03 AM »
>Put on a nice big smile, as to say "Yes, really."
>"I don't know where Eirin is, could you tell me please?"
>Bat eyelashes.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2015, 05:12:59 AM »
>Put on a nice big smile, as to say "Yes, really."
>Reisen frowns.

>"I don't know where Eirin is, could you tell me please?"
>Bat eyelashes.
>"Yes. Certainly. As soon as you stop knocking." Reisen responds, "In case you haven't noticed, we have some patients in here that need bed rest, and I'm sure they're really enjoying that loud, repetitive noise..."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 05:20:01 AM »
>"I know I am, ever heard of ASMR?"
>Stop knocking as much.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2015, 05:29:24 AM »
>"I know I am, ever heard of ASMR?"
>Reisen gives you a look of displeasure...
//I actually never heard of that...
>Stop knocking as much.
>You cease knocking on the door.
>"STOP."
>"Thank you." Reisen smiles, "I'll take you to Eirin now."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 05:48:06 AM »
//it's the only reason I sleep at night. Insomniacs will appreciate.
>"sorry"
>Quietly follow Reisen

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 06:06:20 AM »
>Motion Koishi to follow.

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2015, 06:07:29 AM »
>I forgot Koishi was even there.
>Oh wait...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2015, 06:11:50 AM »
>"sorry"
>"All is forgiven."

>Motion Koishi to follow.
>I forgot Koishi was even there.
>Oh wait...
>You gesture towards Koishi. Reisen gives you an odd look as you do so, before continuing on.
>Now that you think about it, you forgot she was even with you... But then again, you know what she's capable of, so it's not very surprising...

>Quietly follow Reisen
>Reisen leads you out of the room and down a couple more hallways, along the way, you pass by more groups of rabbits huddling together of warmth.
>"Gee. They sure do have a lot of halls in this place, don't they?" You hear Koishi remark, "Reminds me of home..."
>"WHA-? Who said that!?" Reisen exclaims, before looking around wildly.

>She apparently never noticed Koishi...
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2015, 06:15:48 AM »
//Ed Edd and Eddy jokes are the best.
>"Ummm, this is Koishi, she's been here the whole time. If you didn't notice her, don't think about it too hard."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2015, 06:17:59 AM »
>"Look Reisen. Look with your special eyes."
>"I'd like to not have to explain this, but just know we want to see Eirin as soon as possible."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2015, 07:00:22 AM »
//Ed Edd and Eddy jokes are the best.
>"Ummm, this is Koishi, she's been here the whole time. If you didn't notice her, don't think about it too hard."
>"Hi there!" Koishi smiles.
>"Oh... Uh... Hi..." Reisen responds.

>"Look Reisen. Look with your special eyes."
>"MY BRAND!"

>"I'd like to not have to explain this, but just know we want to see Eirin as soon as possible."
>"Well, alright." Reisen replies, "Anyway, let's keep going. It's not much farther."
>_

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2015, 08:29:32 PM »
>"So how have you been doing Reisen?"

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2015, 08:31:46 PM »
>"How 'bout that protag position in LoLK?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2015, 03:14:23 AM »
>"So how have you been doing Reisen?"
>"Oh, I've been fine. Everything's been pretty normal for me here..." Reisen answers as you continue walking, "...Well, aside from the obvious..."

>"How 'bout that protag position in LoLK?"
>"The best moment of my life." She smirks, "Orin and Shou can suck it!"

>Reisen leads you down yet another hallway and stops at a door.
>"Here we are." she says, "Eirin should be inside."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2015, 03:26:15 AM »
>"Thanks Reisen, good luck handling Mokou..."
>Make sure Koishi is still present.
>If so, enter.
>If not, panic. Wait, why am I panicking?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2015, 03:50:53 AM »
>"Thanks Reisen, good luck handling Mokou..."
>"You're welcome." she replies, before heading back down the hallway you came from.

>Make sure Koishi is still present.
>Koishi is still with you.

>If not, panic. Wait, why am I panicking?
>Well, you thought she was.
>An imminent feeling of dread wells up within you and you begin panicking. As you wonder why you're panicking, the fear overtakes you.
>You somehow manage to die from a panic attack.
>GAME OVER!
>geeeeeet dunked on!
>If so, enter.
>You enter the room.

>You see Eirin bending over an operating table, wielding a scalpel, and carefully operating on a person lying on the table. You recognize the person as Kaguya Houraisan, whom you've seen a couple of times when you came here on past visits, but you never really talked to. She seems to have a particularly thick tree branch, or root, impaled through one of her legs. Several other, bloody branches are lying on a smaller table nearby.
>"Can't you just rip it out?" Kaguya whines as Eirin cuts into her leg, "You were perfectly fine with ripping out the others..."
>"Princess, the branch went straight through a bone... I have to surgically remove it..." Eirin says sternly.
>"But you're taking forever!"
>"I'm sorry, but I can't rush the surgery. I could nick an artery, or worse."
>"But I regenerate! Surely, there should be no risk if you-"
>"Look, I operate on all my patients using the same guidelines, meaning you'll be treated no differently."
>"But Eiiiiirrrriiiiin! "
>"No buts. Now will you please remind me why I didn't sedate you..."
>"Because you know how I react to anesthesia."
>"Oh, right..."

>"What is she doing?" Koishi whispers to you, "That looks painful..."
>_

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2015, 03:57:27 AM »
>"Don't worry, she's probably seen a lot worse..."
>Knock on the door LIGHTLY.