Author Topic: Any one interested in Your Lie In April (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)?  (Read 2730 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
I'm enjoying it a lot. You can watch it here if you like.

I usually don't watch these kinds of things, but some people kept talking about it, saying it had one of the best blondes and they called it "Messy Haired Blonde with Google Fiber." Wanting to see Google Fiber in an anime, I gave it a shot. I didn't see any Google Fiber, so I have no idea why they called it that, but the blonde girl is great. The best friend is pretty cool too. I just wish we saw the super saiyan and his sister more often. The OP sounds pretty cool too. I don't know where I can find unedited versions of it though, so if anyone does let me know.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Any one interested in Your Lie In April (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 08:06:20 AM »
How does it fair against, say, Nodame Cantabile? I watched all the live action for that and it was pretty great
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 08:43:38 AM »
The main character is absolutely fantastic. His narration and role as a main character is perfect.

The show's visual color palette is brilliant. The character designs are great. The bgm (especially the nonperformance music pieces) are crisp and clean. The choices of camera angles and cuts are superb. The pacing is just right. Great cinematography overall. Catchy OP and ED.

The other characters kinda suck though. I only ones I can stand are the MC and soccer-friend, and maaaaaybe the mom's friend, that's about it.

Great show overall so far, though.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 08:39:42 PM »
How does it fair against, say, Nodame Cantabile? I watched all the live action for that and it was pretty great

Unfortunately, I haven't seen that one so I can't tell you.

The main character is absolutely fantastic. His narration and role as a main character is perfect.

The show's visual color palette is brilliant. The character designs are great. The bgm (especially the nonperformance music pieces) are crisp and clean. The choices of camera angles and cuts are superb. The pacing is just right. Great cinematography overall. Catchy OP and ED.

The other characters kinda suck though. I only ones I can stand are the MC and soccer-friend, and maaaaaybe the mom's friend, that's about it.

Great show overall so far, though.

What? But the blonde girl is the best. Tbh, Kousei can get rather tiresome angsting around all the time.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 01:04:58 AM »
I'm still watching this show, but I've been prepared to drop it for quite a while now.

Very melodramatic, bleeds dry slapstick jokes, and when the characters start going off on tangents it usually feels inappropriate to the moment, or like they're just feeling sorry for themselves.

Spoiler:
though i still have a best girl

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 03:00:46 AM »
I don't know where I can find unedited versions of it though, so if anyone does let me know.

Right here.

I quite like this show. I picked it up because of the catchy opening theme. With a desire for more, I picked up the manga immediately afterwards, and reading the ending kinda ruined the anime for me. I do intend to keep watching it, as I really like the way the anime's put together. Also, I like hearing the music they play, instead of finding a name and then googling it if I haven't heard it before yet.

Story's about what you can expect from a high school drama. They angst and despair over the tiniest things, and I can only smile wryly, knowing as a high school kid, I also had completely idiotic worries and moments of despair.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 11:33:45 AM »
I'm still watching this show, but I've been prepared to drop it for quite a while now.

Very melodramatic, bleeds dry slapstick jokes, and when the characters start going off on tangents it usually feels inappropriate to the moment, or like they're just feeling sorry for themselves.

Spoiler:
though i still have a best girl

This. The first half was largely overwrought for my tastes: multiple times I found myself thinking 'what middle-schooler thinks/says things like this?!' I love the MC, but his friends feel like their just... there a lot of the time for me. I don't feel much for Kaori either. This is a story about a young man's friends helping him to rediscover music and love, but their methods were largely bullying/forcing and emotional abuse, and this along with the moon-sized cheeseball, overdone melodrama, along with the painfully unfunny, often inappropriately timed 'comedy' made it a difficult watch overall, though I found myself warming up to it during the competition arc, but its gone a bit backwards since, imo.

Kinda taking a break from it at the moment; haven't seen the latest two or so eps, though I do see myself finishing. Not seeing the award winning in it though.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 08:25:17 PM »
There's actually a reason for all the bullying/pushing into playing music again. ACTUAL SPOILER:
Spoiler:
Namely, Kaori is dying and she's desperate to have her childhood crush play the piano for her.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 10:55:01 PM »
Well it strikes me then that this is the polar opposite of Nodame Cantabile. NC was mostly run by comedy and a vibrant cast of quirky and endearing characters. I guess it helped that the MC in that one was aspiring to be a conductor, so the author took some pains to flesh out the side characters, though sometimes at a loss to the actual story. Also the characters were in a music university or something, so no stupid school drama was involved. I hear it revived interest in classical music in Japan; it was that popular. I'd recommend it.
I might still give this a shot though. Three episode rule.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour