Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou - Rebirth  (Read 41979 times)

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
Labyrinth of Touhou - Rebirth
« on: September 01, 2014, 09:00:11 AM »
I'll just leave this here and recede back into the boundary between code and hacks. Read the readme file for instructions. Ciao!
(EDIT -- Reuploaded by Terminal Velocity)

Screenshots...

UPDATES
v1.1 (Replace the executable)
Reuploaded by Gesh86

TOOLS
Labyrinth of Touhou Toolkit
(Best used with Firefox. Should work with Chrome too. Probably not IE...)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:05:49 AM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou - Rebirth
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 12:29:31 PM »
Thanks for this. Trying it out for a bit. I was  a bit naughty and used a NG+ file to take a peak at all the new characters. I like all of the new cast members, but I will miss some of the old ones. Namely everyone's favorite idiot  :ohdear:

Took me forever to find my original copy and my other expansions and stuff.

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 10:24:28 AM »
This looks really awesome, but I'm having one little problem: trying to load a save file (yes, a new save I made in Rebirth) crashes the game with a Debug Assertion Failed error, the exact text:

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: C:\Games\Doujin Games\Labyrinth of Touhou Rebirth\LoTR.exe
File: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\fgetc.c
Line: 41

Expression: (stream != NULL)

There's an abort/retry/ignore prompt; choosing retry or ignore leads to a crash with exception code 80000003, exception offset 00d00248, and
  Additional Information 1:   0a9e
  Additional Information 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:   0a9e
  Additional Information 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

The crash happens if I try and load the save in an unmodified copy of LoT as well, so it's something definitely involving the save data.

Addendum: I was able to get the game to load successfully by copying the C32.ngd through C39.ngd files from \save\data into \save\save_NaN and \save\save1

Another bug report for you if it helps out: in the boss fight with
Spoiler:
Kyouko
on 2F, she can attempt to attack empty party slots, which will crash.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:52:55 AM by Reiska »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 02:15:21 AM »
I'm downloading it so I don't know what it is yet since I can't unzip to read the readme yet.. dl is going kinda slow. BUT IM HYPEEE!!!! Is this a total makeover mod?!?! Like not just visuals?! Like mechanics/stats/monsters?!!? EEEEK EEEEK EEEEK *hyperventilates*

Saw readme... I thought people loved sanae, and that I was like the only guy who didn't! I'm not alone! There's someone like me after all! *cries*. Momiji is probably a given, but I hope one of the balance tweaks is an effort to try and make china less dominant in terms of being a must-have for like every party. Yeah you can play without her, but there's pretty much no combination of characters in the game where not having china is NOT a crutch. Also I don't think the game is grindy at all until 30f, but whatever, I know a lot of people agree that it IS grindy so meh, plus there are plenty of less grindy games that are tons of fun too!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 02:29:03 AM by Ghaleon »

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 03:49:42 AM »
As far as I know, for the 20 original cast members that remain, there are no changes to them except for Chen's EVA buff being changed to a MND buff (simply so that it has any effect at all). 

Random battles/etc. are unchanged from the original game, but the 12 new characters do have unique skill sets and stats (they aren't simply reskins).  I'd love if someone with more technical acumen than me were able to pull out the damage formulas for their attacks.  Some bosses are changed but not all.  The maps are significantly altered too.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 04:37:40 AM »
Actually that's a good point. The original developer supplied players with the exact formulas for the characters (and monsters) spellcards. Asking for monster is a bit much, but if the op is the dev, are you able to supply us with the formulas for the new cast's spellcards? feel free to use spoilers. If you forgot and you can't dig up that information without hex editing or whatever no worries, but if you have a handy-dandy notepad plan or something featuring it, could you please? I understand some people don't like theory and math as they play games, but some people (myself included) DO, like... to do it ourselves, WITHOUT relying on others, and having to figure that stuff out in a game with +-10% factors added in, UGH.

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 06:45:34 AM »
Ethan's hacking notes do give the rough addresses in the code for skill data, but I am not really capable of parsing assembly, heh.

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 10:50:37 AM »
I'm pretty excited that someone actually built something on top of Labyrinth of Touhou 1 and I'm really looking forward to trying it out. I've encountered one little problem with installing the hack: It's that an English patch for 2.04 is really hard to come by nowadays. I reinstalled the base game and Plus Disc on my current machine no problem, but the links on both Touhou Wikis for the English patch are long, long dead. I guess with 3.01 being out for so long, no one saw the need to renew them.

Can anyone around here please share the English Patch for 2.04? I don't dare apply the hack on the still-japanese version, I imagine it'll likely break it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:53:50 AM by Gesh86 »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 02:12:15 PM »
This link still works and should contain the English patch for 2.04.
Incidentally it can be found here on the forums in one of the old LoT1 Threads. (Old as in 2010) :V

Having quite a lot of fun so far with it, reached floor 16 today. I didn't think I could replay LoT1 after playing 2 with all its comfortable new additions but it still holds up very well.
Leveling up 1 level at a time is so exciting. :V
Still didn't figure out how exactly
Spoiler:
Seija's damaging spells work, but they sometimes deal ridiculous amounts of damage and generally melt faces.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 02:13:57 PM by Yookie »

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 02:57:59 PM »
This link still works and should contain the English patch for 2.04.
Incidentally it can be found here on the forums in one of the old LoT1 Threads. (Old as in 2010) :V

That link doesn't seem to have any English patch along with it. It's only the update patch 2.04. I applied it just to be sure, but the game's still in Japanese.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 09:58:16 PM »
I figured I'd check on the thread before heading out for the weekend. Neat, didn't think this would be so well received. :)

Quote from: Reiska
trying to load a save file crashes the game
I might've been a bit hasty in clearing out my save data, haha. Sounds like you found the solution though, so for the time being copying the missing files from /save/data will permanently solve the problem if/when it comes up. I'll eventually reupload the zip file with the fix properly applied to it.

she can attempt to attack empty party slots, which will crash
Looks like I missed that one; thanks for pointing it out! I'll reupload the zip with a fix (along with the save game thing) in a couple of days, just in case any other bugs are found. For now, make sure you save before fighting "Cirno" on 2F (just in case...).

Quote from: Ghaleon
I don't know what it is yet since I can't unzip to read the readme yet
Good point. I've uploaded the readme file seperately, in case anyone wants more information on the changes before downloading the game.

Quote from: Ghaleon
... are you able to supply us with the formulas for the new cast's spellcards?
Sure thing!

Quote from: Gesh86
I don't dare apply the hack on the still-japanese version, I imagine it'll likely break it.
Really, there's no harm in trying. Absolute worst case scenario: the game just won't run. The english patch probably doesn't matter as much as the game's version since the executable is replaced and the files in the .dxas don't get renamed by the translation. If it works fine, I'll add the info to the readme and credit you for confirming it.

Quote from: Yookie
Still didn't figure out how exactly ...
The skill descriptions should help you figure it out. True to her nature, ATK/MAG and DEF/MND are reversed with her skills. In fact, she's the only character who benefits from ATK/MAG debuffs and suffers from buffs. Ideally you should avoid putting any points in those two stats to max out her skills' power.

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 11:33:14 PM »
Huh,
Spoiler:
Medicine
's attacks are ATK-based?  Wouldn't have guessed that the way her stats line up o_O

Thanks very much for the info, though!  I'm up to 5F now, haven't had any more crashes yet beyond the one I reported.

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 06:27:32 AM »
The skill descriptions should help you figure it out. True to her nature, ATK/MAG and DEF/MND are reversed with her skills. In fact, she's the only character who benefits from ATK/MAG debuffs and suffers from buffs. Ideally you should avoid putting any points in those two stats to max out her skills' power.

I figured as much but got confused after using the Mag/Mnd on one of the Memorized Knowledge type enemies, since they have such high Mind and she ended up healing it for a miniscule amount. :V
And I did indeed keep her offensive stats as low as possible. The concept is very nice.

And about
Spoiler:
Medicine's Paralysis Spell being supposed to be single target: In the formulas it says it's supposed to also carry a Poison effect, but so far it only ever paralyzed for me.

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 07:02:37 AM »
I noticed that too.  I suspect that the skills actually are backwards (that is, the one that says it's based on DEF is actually based on MND and vice versa), since the other skill she has does plenty good damage to Memorized Knowledges.  For that matter, they do significantly less damage than expected also (although, frankly, given how tanky she is, that might be for the best) - according to the numbers Ethan posted, I should be seeing about 8900 damage on Memorized Knowledge, but I'm only seeing 2900, which suggests the actual damage being done is more like (100% MND - 100% MAG) rather than (300% MND - 100% MAG).

EDIT: I am stupid and forgot they have 300 MYS affinity
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 07:08:46 AM by Reiska »

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 09:31:17 AM »
Really, there's no harm in trying. Absolute worst case scenario: the game just won't run. The english patch probably doesn't matter as much as the game's version since the executable is replaced and the files in the .dxas don't get renamed by the translation. If it works fine, I'll add the info to the readme and credit you for confirming it.

Thanks to your motivation, I tried it and it works! From what you said, I highly doubt it'll make problems pop up later, so the English patch itself is indeed not a requirement for the hack.

You said in the readme that you're perfectly fine with people sharing the hack. Does that include making videos of it on Youtube (obviously I'd mention you)?

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 01:37:21 AM »
Hmm, Ethan, did you not adjust the battle count requirement for Yuugi?  I still haven't unlocked her and I'm past Eientei, at 310 or so battles.

I'm up to 13F now, and gonna share my thoughts on each of the new characters I've gotten to play with.

Spoiler:
Kyouko: She's honestly really good for random sweeping.  Against bosses, though, she struggles to really find a niche unless they're vulnerable to debuffs (and hurt by a MAG debuff) or paralysis, luckily this is common.  Amplify Echo is really, really good and probably the star of her skillset overall, it's worth using just for the +MAG element.  I did a MAG build on her and don't really see any other sane way to build her, she doesn't really have the base HP/MND combo to mind-tank and there are much better characters for this anyway.
Wakasagihime: Really good in general, possibly the best of the new characters to this point of the game.  With a MAG build she actually has higher MAG than a similarly-built Patchouli(!!) thanks to her leveling rate.  Patchy's damage is still overall better though since Waka's formulas are mediocre at best, though the MND piercing is very nice.  As a support character, she's notably worse than Minoriko due to the lack of quick ST healing, but still good; Sea's Myriad Blessings is a pretty great buff, especially once you can mitigate the drawback with resistances and Gentle Siren Song pretty much full-heals your entire party and then some.  Pure Magic seems to be the only build that makes sense on her since her durability baseline is kind of bad.
Medicine: On the whole I'd say she's better than Wriggle.  She's decent enough at the poison game and she sports markedly better concrete durability.  Are her attacks actually based on ATK?  If so, her base stats are kind of misleading, since her MAG is higher than her ATK.  Either way, her direct damage is absolutely miserable.  You mentioned that Nerve Poison is bugged and should be single target (and while not mentioned, it also currently doesn't apply Poison 120 like you say).  I would honestly consider leaving it AoE, leaving the poison off it completely, and bumping it up to match Poison Breath's cost, so that it can function effectively as a replacement for Diamond Blizzard; the Eientei fight would be really, really frustrating with only one source of AoE paralyze, particularly one as poor as Reimu's.  I built her as a Mind tank, statwise.
Tewi: A little underwhelming so far.  Mystic element may be part of the problem.  She pales to Chen offensively in general, even with the defense ignoring; Lucky! is probably her best skill, at least, and it gets exponentially better with time due to speed scaling...
Seija: Wakasagi's competition for the best new character.  Seija is _fantastic_.  On the surface, she's Tenshi trading a little bit of DEF and MND for a little bit more of HP.  The HP gain is more than the DEF/MND loss, so this ultimately works out in her favor; she can wall attacks almost as effectively as Tenshi can, in practice.  The buffs likewise are fantastic and only get better when you can resist the debuff half (if you even need to care).  And then her attacks are both brilliant and actually often really good.  She'll probably trivialize at least one postgame boss if you go that far, though the design wasn't done with the postgame in mind and Seija's overall gimmick is represented beautifully here, so that's forgivable.  I actually dropped Meiling from my party for her; the tank quality competition between the two is extremely close, closer than Meiling/Tenshi was.  I built Defense on her.
Momiji: Pretty much plays like a bulky Chen variant that's slower to get going.  Decent, but not great.  Rabies Bite is really nice when you can make it stick.  Tengu's Unwavering Pride is a little underwhelming in my opinion, but not really bad per se.  I built her for Attack.  Her damage is more consistent than Chen's, at least, since she doesn't depend on Kimontonkou for output.
Shou: Haven't tried her yet.  Pure support is really interesting though.
Sukuna: Haven't tried her yet.  On paper though, she honestly looks kind of bad; Inchlings' Hell is cheap, at least, but the damage is poor and she lacks a stronger move to fall back on.  Grow Bigger! is somewhat gimmicky combined with her poor ATK/DEF bases, and Shining Needle Sword's formula is not nearly good enough to justify building for it.  Compounding this, her defense/HP really don't hold up for DEF tanking, and there's already two better mind tanks.  She kind of looks like a bad Reisen on paper.

Characters I haven't gotten yet, and am commenting solely from the released formula -

Kagerou: Sterling Pounce is more or less a clone of White Wolf Slash.  If the given formula for Star Fang is correct, it's really, really bad unless she has absurd offensive stats. 
Yoshika: Need to see the stats first, but from her skillset I'd guess she's a tank.  We'll see.
Mima: Hateful Disruption looks decent enough.  Twilight Spark is as good as/better than 3.x Nitori linear gun, even if it does force you to field Marisa.  Nice trick making her an offense-oriented Yukari variant mechanically.
Shinki: I have a feeling she's going to be "Rinnosuke but better", which is a little scary.  We'll see!

I do also wonder if you ever considered tweaking the remaining members of the original cast at all, though frankly there aren't all that many changes I'd make there, mostly just a few minor things to help out some of the bottom-end PCs:

Nitori: I tend to feel she was overbuffed in the official 2.06 patch, but she probably did need *some* of that buff to linear gun, considering her base ATK is kind of anemic.  Maybe 800% ATK instead of 625%?  (2.06 buffed it to 1000%)
Eirin: Perhaps lower the SP cost on Astronomical Entombing a bit?  It costs a LOT more than other similarly-powered nukes.  Princess Tenko, for example, isn't much worse and costs less than half as much.  ~70-80 SP feels more in line with the kind of damage it does.  I'd also consider buffing Hourai Elixir to be a full heal, since overhealing doesn't work properly, though in Rebirth's environment she probably doesn't need more than that on it (since she's not competing with Minoriko, who can fullheal basically anyone but Komachi anyway).

okay those two are really it honestly.  :)  (for maingame, anyway, but the patch only covers maingame, so!)  If I wanted to tweak postgame characters at all, it'd pretty much be limited to making them more usable in NG+ through SP cost reductions.  I should do a statistical analysis of SP efficiency for the cast.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 07:47:33 PM by Reiska »

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 09:38:48 PM »
I've released an update correcting a few minor issues and balancing out some characters a little better. You can get it here or in the OP - just replace your exectuable with it.

Changes...
-   
Spoiler:
Tengu's Unwavering Pride
: +10% bonus to buffs, reduced delay.
-   
Spoiler:
Tewi's attack skills
: Slight increase in ATK (+50%) and very slight decrease in delay.
-   
Spoiler:
Medicine
: Yeah, I think her skills WERE supposed to use MAG after all.
Spoiler:
Nerve Poison
's stun effect is also slightly more effective (+10 over what it was).
-   
Spoiler:
Sukuna
: Increased the damage her skills do and reduced the delay for one of them to make it more useful.
-   
Spoiler:
Yoshika
: Her attacks' damage formulas were improved to make her more useful.[/spoiler]
-   
Spoiler:
Shinki
: Reduced the SP cost of her skills to balance out her slow levelling rate.
-   Nitori's Linear Gun now does 800% instead of 650%.
-   Eirin's Astronomical Entombing now costs 85 SP.
-   The
Spoiler:
Kyouko
battle's bug should be fixed.
-   Yuugi's event only requires 275 battles instead of the original 400.
-   Fixed a few typos near the end...

In the skill listing,
Spoiler:
Kagerou's Star Fang spellcard damage was completely wrong: it's 225+225 - 31.25+31.25
and
Spoiler:
Medicine's first skill did not poison after all; I misread my own listing for that one too.

I have also updated the readme to mention that the english patch is not necessary.

Quote from: Gesh86
Does that include making videos of it on Youtube?
I don't see why this would be an issue. Please try to keep late-game spoilers to a minimum, if possible, though.

I do also wonder if you ever considered tweaking the remaining members of the original cast at all
Meh, in for a penny, in a for a nickel. :) If anyone wants to see these kinds of changes made, post them and I'll make an update once there are enough changes to warrant it.

In regards to your thoughts on the new characters...
Spoiler:
Tewi: IMO, her main use is to stack plenty of Lucky!!s on the party. There are far better attackers but at least she has something to use when stat buffs stop being necessary.
Seija: I'm worried she may be TOO tanky. Then again my test-game heavily exploited her defensive stats since her offensive stats are best kept low so I may have inadvertantly created a monster... >_>;
Sukuna: Yeah, she was probably the worst of the new characters. The update should make her a bit more useful but she still fails to fill any specific role. I guess Wall of Issun's always handy to drop on the party at the start of a fight before switching her out, though.
Shinki: She's meant to be somewhat of an end-game character, but her (very) low level progression makes up for it. Unlike Rinnosuke though, she play a more direct offensive role (Winged Hexagram Awakening + Devil's Recitation = cornucopia of face-meltings!)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:45:11 PM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2014, 11:07:06 PM »
Spoiler:
Seija's
durability in and of itself is probably fine, she's similar to vanilla Tenshi in the long run there; if anything I'd consider tweaking her damage a bit (very carefully though, since she's really not overwhelmingly powerful most of the time).  Given the way her skills work it's very hard to say where the sweet spot is.

They definitely do seem to be reversed though (that is,
Spoiler:
Reverse Needle Attack seems to damage based on MND and Heaven/Earth Dream Bow seems to damage based on DEF
).

I went ahead and did an analysis of every spell card in the vanilla game (since I don't have exact figures on some of the changes in Rebirth 1.1 I can't go over those yet) for both burst damage potential and SP efficiency based on endgame levels and, for the sake of even comparison, assuming everyone was built full offense with their levelup bonuses  Skill points weren't included since they weren't necessary IMO to get a decent idea of how the attacks scaled; this may make some attacks with especially poor defense piercing (like Killing Doll) look worse.  My general findings are as follows:
- Average SP efficiency by attack type: Single-target (excluding Shikigami "Yakumo Ran +", counting Master Spark at minimal SP usage of 160) 638.41; row 427.43; AoE 322.16
- Row attacks in general are almost all awful, and rarely worth using unless they have a status ailment or debuff attached to them.  The diminishing damage isn't the problem either, they're just almost all badly overcosted; the only ones even remotely worth considering using for raw damage are Earth Light Ray, Phoenix Spread Wings, and maybe Soaring En no Ozuno.
- Later-game characters tend to be better at burst damage but less SP efficient.
- Postgame characters tend to be generally bad all around.

Individual thoughts by character follow.  This includes characters that aren't actually in Rebirth anymore, but I've shuffled those to the bottom so as to be easily ignored.  It does include comments specific to Rebirth balance.

Reimu: Her offense is good enough to not make her dead weight for random sweeping, and Fantasy Seal is good even in boss fights in a pinch.  Evil-Sealing Circle is worthwhile enough for the paralysis.  You weren't bringing her for the damage anyway, though, you were bringing her for the healing and buffs.  In Rebirth, she's no longer worth bringing for the healing (Wakasagihime's is *far* superior), but she's still worth bringing for the buff (more so now that it's unique to her, rather than shared with Yukari).

Marisa: It's kind of hard to evaluate Marisa, in all seriousness.  She's a fantastic random sweeper all throughout the game; however, the deeper in the game you go, the worse she gets at boss fights, which generally favor extreme burst damage over efficiency, and all Marisa brings to the table for extreme burst is Master Spark.  Master Spark has pretty good burst, but Mystic element hurts it, and there are a non-negligible number of attacks that do at least competitive damage while costing significantly less (Croaking Frog Eaten by Snake, Silent Selene, Knockout in Three Steps, Starbow Break, Linear Gun if you're playing 2.06+, Slash of Eternity, Last Judgment, Throwing Atlas).  I feel like she needs something, but I can't put my finger on exactly what.  Buffing her damage is probably not the answer; maybe adjusting Master Spark's baseline cost?  It's going to cost all her SP regardless anyway, so making it usable more often might be the trick.  Maybe around 120; it can afford to pay for its burst potential by being less efficient than average still.

Remilia: She's pretty much fine.  It would be nice if there were room to give her another spell card just for variety, but I doubt that.

Sakuya: Like Marisa, she gets worse and worse as the game goes on, with the only part of her kit that is consistently valuable being her speed buff.  Killing Doll is good with a pocket buffer, but she's really badly dependent on having that pocket buffer.  Outside of that, she starts falling off really badly past about the Eientei fight; by that point, Misdirection's extremely low cost is no longer an asset as SP pools have deepened, and her low damage begins to show more and more.  Speed buffs do maintain her overall worth if you like speed buffs, though (playstyle thing).  If you wanted to throw her a bone, you could consider adding some amount of +ATK to The World, but I wouldn't do it without increasing the SP cost a fair bit; this would allow her to be self-sufficiently competitive as a damage dealer in the late game.  I'm not really convinced she actually needs anything, and in Rebirth, I think, this is somewhat less important still since you can field Seija as your tank and she can function as Sakuya's pocket buffer while tanking.

Patchouli: She's pretty much fine.  Her primary weakness (speed) is character-appropriate and I wouldn't do anything to change it for that reason.

Chen: Pretty much fine as-is.

Meiling: The only thing I'd consider changing is giving Brilliant Light Gem some kind of niche; as-is, it's only worth using against enemies that are deathly weak to SPI (less than 50 affinity), which is very rare.  I'm not sure what, though.  Maybe make it hit MND instead of DEF with identical formula to Mountain Breaker?

Youmu: She's inefficient, but this is by design due to her gimmick.  It makes her hard to use early on, though; if anything, I'd consider making Flashing Cherry Blossoms both cheaper and weaker to some degree to make her early game less awkward.  Maybe something like 250%-300% ATK instead of 400%, and SP cost down to somewhere in the 50-60 range.  She doesn't really need it per se, though.

Alice: Fine as-is.

Yuugi: Fine as-is.

Aya: Random sweeping is not great, but she's perfectly fine against bosses.  Diving Grandson's Advent could possibly use a minor boost, but I wouldn't go too crazy - something like 325% ATK instead of 287.5% would be plenty I think.  I'm not confident she actually needs it though.

Suwako: Fine as-is.

Nitori: With the change you made in Rebirth 1.1, fine as-is.  I do think she needed that, though (and looking at the numbers, 800% ATK was a very good call).

Ran: Fine as-is.

Reisen: Gas-Woven Orb is miserably bad.  Considering the poison is worse than Wriggle's (or Medicine's, now), the damage should be better than them, and yet, it isn't.  I'd personally probably bump it up to 350% MAG or so (from 200%), which would make the damage competitive with her two other spells.  Mind Starmine isn't very good either, but I'm less sure what to do with it; even with Grand Patriot's Elixir in the equation, there's no good reason to use it over Lunatic Red Eyes.  I don't think more power is the answer though, maybe lower SP cost or a different added debuff from LRE.

Eirin: You already covered Astronomical Entombing, and it's decent at the new cost.  Could probably stand to have Mercury Sea and Omoikane's Device brought down a tad too (to 50, maybe?) but less critical.  I commented on Hourai Elixir already, dunno how feasible it is.  Giving it some kind of buffs on the side like Shou's heal might be another option.

Flandre: Fine as-is.

Orin: Fine as-is.

Kaguya: Ah, the elephant in the room.  I'm going to analyze from the perspective of leaving her defense ignoring as-is.  Dragon's Necklace should probably have its SP cost dropped a bit (48ish?)  Fire Rat's Robe is fine.  Swallow's Cowrie Shell needs to either be weaker or more expensive; as is, it does more damage than Fire Rat's Robe *and* cures Kaguya's status on top.  Hourai Barrage is fine in a vacuum at that cost... but more on this later.

Suika: Fine as-is, I think.  I've never actually used her since Yuugi is more in line with my playstyle, but Suika is fine on paper.  Perhaps I'll try her in Rebirth.

Now for the characters that got dropped from Rebirth, in case someone ever wants to do a balance mod of the vanilla game:

Cirno: In the context of the main game, she's fine as-is, really.  Her damage is awful late-game but that's not what she's there for, she's there for speed debuffs and paralysis.  (Incidentally, Speed debuffing is a lot harder to come by in Rebirth, since you removed two of the sources of it; only Reisen and Suika have it now.)  In NG+ she has problems because Mystia is a better version of her across the board.  I'll comment more on this in Mystia's own section.

Minoriko: Fine as-is.

Rumia: Demarcation could maybe stand to be a little better at healing in main-game (not too much; it should remain weaker than Reimu's given Rumia's better damage and the debuff removal utility.  Probably around 40-50% MAG at most).  Parallaxal proved it's a pretty good heal in the postgame, but it takes a very long time to get to even mediocre.  Her offense is fine.

Wriggle: I'd probably buff Butterfly Storm a little to give her something to fall back on in the postgame, where Poison stops being relevant.  (This is a problem Medicine has also by extension, in Rebirth; it's simply impossible to make Poison a worthwhile status in the postgame due to speed scaling.)  Any buff to its power should be coupled with a proportional SP cost increase though; it already has a fine enough SP-to-damage ratio and Wriggle is more of a secondary tank than a true damage-dealer.  However, she's worse at defense than, say, Remilia, so it feels appropriate that her offense is a little better.

Iku: Fine as-is.  Too good, if anything.  She's not even that bad as an offensive character, surprisingly, although she has poor burst.

Komachi: Fine as-is.  Ferriage in the Deep Fog is worthwhile for the death effect even though the damage sucks.

Sanae: She'd be fine except for the fact that Meiling is ubiquitous as a tank and has Healer and rarely has better things to spend turns on than it or switching.  In that light, Yasaka's Divine Wind compares very unfavorably to Minoriko's cheaper, stronger and faster heal.  Raising the power isn't the answer though (assuming Sanae has a full MAG build - which she should, IMO - as her MND is poor - both heals will full-heal most of the cast); rather, I'd make Yasaka's Divine Wind the same speed as Minoriko's heal (50% post use delay).  Naturally, I'd give Night of Bright Guest Stars a different stat debuff than EVA, but it's otherwise fine.  Nine Syllable Stabs is a little overcosted for what it is, but only a little; it *is* her best burst damage on a single target.

Tenshi: Fine as-is.  You're not using her for offense, so the fact that her offense stinks is immaterial.

Mokou: Has many of the same problems as Eirin.  Fire Bird -Flying Phoenix- is pretty badly overcosted; it has a similar damage formula to Galaxy in a Pot, so I'd probably give it the same cost (40, instead of 60).  Tsuki no Iwakasa's Curse is okay considering it has a debuff attached, even if it's a pretty weak one.  Wu is awful, and I'm not sure how I'd change that, or if it really needs changing since Mokou doesn't really have much use for a row attack.  Fujiyama Volcano is overcosted, but not as badly as Astronomical Entombing was.  It's a little more powerful than Astronomical Entombing, so I'd make it cost a little more accordingly.  90-95 SP sounds about right to me.

Yuyuko: Deadly Swallowtail Lance sucks badly.  Other than that, she's fine.  I wouldn't make Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana cheaper so long as it keeps DTH (100).

Yukari: Shikigami "Yakumo Ran +" is pretty bad; given Chen's fragility, the gimmick's really hard to set up, and the payoff isn't worth it.  Hyperactive Flying Object is another bad row attack.  Mesh of Light and Darkness is fine for what it is.  That said, none of this really matters because defense buff and Yukari's Spiriting Away is insane.  In short her offense sucks but I wouldn't fix it because she's such good support.

Rinnosuke: Start of Heavenly Demise is really, really bad - it's actually his weakest attack!  Shining Stars of Traumerei is weaker than The Word for World is Forest and is a row attack to boot, for the same cost; it should definitely be cheaper.  Start of Heavenly Demise needs a lot of help; it's one of the worst attacks in the entire game.  Its composite nature works against it since Rinnosuke's MAG is rather poor.  There are plenty of approaches one could take with it; myself, I'd respect how fearsome the move is when it's used against you, and make it significantly more powerful while leaving its high SP cost intact.  I'm okay with it being inefficient given his overall high stats; I'd probably go from 300% ATK/MAG and 100% DEF/MND to something more like 400%/75% respectively.  I would probably make World-Shaking Military Rule only 50%, lower its SP cost some (120ish?) but remove its drawback of setting Rinnosuke's TP to 0, making it a weaker but drawback-less alternative to Renko's Charge.

And now for the postgame characters:

Renko: Fine as-is for what she is.  She's a gimmick character.  She sucks when her gimmick doesn't work, and she's amazing when it does.  That's fine, IMO.

Maribel: Liberated Abilities has the same problem as Start of Heavenly Demise.  However, I'd probably fix it the opposite way to help her NG+ utility, that is, keeping the power where it is and making it cheaper.  Around 50-ish SP would be fine.  Hyperdimension Flying Object is hideously overcosted and really shouldn't cost more than about 72 SP (half of current cost).

Utsuho: Okay, so now it's time for the other half of the elephant in the room.  If Kaguya's going to keep her buggy defense ignoring trait, Okuu needs to be a LOT better than she is right now.  I'd probably buff the damage on Uncontained Nuclear Reaction some, even considering the buff attached to it (particularly since the attached debuff can't be resisted) - perhaps 300% MAG instead of 225%.  Hell's Tokamak, I'd leave the damage alone but slash the cost to make it Okuu's random-sweeping move, something like 66 SP sounds good; or possibly even weaken it a little and make it cheaper still - the idea is to make it her go-to NG+ attack.  Finally, I'd make Giga Flare's base power at least equal to Hourai Barrage's, if not better (I lean better, since MYS is a worse element than SPI and it costs a bit more SP).

The alternative, of course, is making Kaguya's attacks not ignore defense, in which case they're all overcosted and Giga Flare probably still needs a buff or SP cost reduction even still.

Kanako: Mad Dance on Medoteko probably shouldn't be more than around 32 SP for the relatively low damage it does.  Misayama Hunting Ritual is similarly badly overcosted, and probably shouldn't be more than around 50-60 SP.  Beautiful Spring Like Suiga is the best CLD attack in the vanilla game, but is still generally worse than the other "big nukes"; I'd probably drop its cost to the 60-70 range, she doesn't need more power given her bulk.  Virtue of Wind God is an Astronomical Entombing clone and should cost the same amount.

Yuuka: Flower Shot's fine.  Gensokyo's Reflowering is lousy offensively, but the gimmick can be somewhat meaningful in late postgame so I'd probably leave it alone.  Beauty of Nature should be cheaper; more than Kanako's Misayama Hunting Ritual, probably like 60-70 SP.  Everything I said about Marisa's Master Spark applies to Yuuka's too, but I'd be much more cautious about messing with hers given its AoE nature.

Mystia: She partly obsoletes Cirno, and I'm not sure what to do about it.  My gut instinct would be to remove the paralysis from Poisonous Moth's Dark Dance (leaving the poison alone), cutting it to no more than 50 SP, and cutting its damage a bit accordingly - maybe down to 300% or 325% ATK at 50 SP.

Keine: As far as vanilla is concerned, it's a pity making her available earlier in the game isn't an option, because that's really all she needs.  Rebirth makes her look far, far worse though; she's now competing with Kyouko's Amplify Echo, Sukuna's Wall of Issun, and Mima's Thirst for Vengeance, all of which are better.  I'd probably give each of her buffs a second effect of some sort - perhaps status removal on Sword, healing on Orb, and making Mirror boost both DEF/MND?

Eiki: Last Judgment is fine given defense ignoring.  Wandering Sin and Trial of the Ten Kings are both absolutely awful.  I'd probably drop Trial of the Ten Kings to 100 SP (from 240) and Wandering Sin to 50 (possibly with a very slight power reduction) so she can function in NG+.  Even at those costs, they're not particularly great, but her AoE isn't really her prime focus.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:44:41 AM by Reiska »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 04:10:03 PM »
Haven't looked at the mod ingame but I do recall the combo of Iku's offensive buff with Linear Gun being universally agreed as overpowered back in the vanilla game. If Iku's buffing skill was nerfed then Nitori's buff is only a little more acceptable (still not quite okay).

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 04:19:43 PM »
Something I've been wondering after looking at the hacking notes would be if it were possible to hack the multi-leveling at the Hakurei Shrine and the M key feature from the Special Disk into the game. I know that the M key would be simple to do (not that I know how to do assembly, but in concept it's just "if M is pushed, set encounter rate to 200%," nothing really fancy), but I don't know if the multi-leveling thing would be as easy, especially since I'm fairly sure the code was rewritten a bit between vanilla/Plus Disk and Special Disk for that. This of course is just for convenience's sake since this is a Plus Disk hack and I know that attempting to re-do the whole thing for Special Disk would probably be more than several headaches given everything's at different addresses, but I was wondering if it were possible.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 04:21:01 PM »
Haven't looked at the mod ingame but I do recall the combo of Iku's offensive buff with Linear Gun being universally agreed as overpowered back in the vanilla game. If Iku's buffing skill was nerfed then Nitori's buff is only a little more acceptable (still not quite okay).

The answer would be
Spoiler:
"what Iku"
:V

That said, since in the process of that wall-of-text post I did a bunch of character stat math: v2.04 Nitori (Linear Gun at 625%) is a pretty lousy boss killer; Thundercloud Stickleback gets her damage up to about the damage level the other "big nukes" do unbuffed.  The "big nukes'" estimated damage numbers, for the sake of completeness (taken against the final boss, at roughly endgame levels, with all characters' levelup points purely in their higher offensive stat, but with no skill points allocated since I'm not sure how many points would have been reasonable to allocate offhand) - first number is unbuffed, second is immediately after one Stickleback i.e. 58% ATK/MAG boost:

Master Spark @ 160 SP (L119 Marisa): 59099/96276
Silent Selene (L113 Patchouli): 43345/76125
Slash of Eternity (L121 Youmu): 50377/88296
Knockout in Three Steps (L117 Yuugi): 50090/83782
Croaking Frog Eaten by Snake (L113 Suwako): 58236/99698
Starbow Break (L113 Flandre): 52294/89150
Hourai Barrage (L116 Kaguya): 58868/93012
Throwing Atlas (L113 Suika): 43375/73172
v2.04 PDLC99MW Megawatt Linear Gun @ 625% ATK (L124 Nitori): 39968/67500
v3.01 PDLC99MW Megawatt Linear Gun @ 1000% ATK: 68450/112501 [you're quite correct about this combination being stupid]
Rebirth PDLC99MW Megawatt Linear Gun @ 800% ATK: 53260/88500
Spoiler:
[not that Stickleback actually exists here]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:53:53 PM by Reiska »

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 05:55:21 PM »
I've made a series of tools available in my original post. This should help the current discussion on character skills and such. Enjoy!

In regards to
Spoiler:
Seija
's skills being reversed...
1. Ha! How very fitting. :)
2. I'll provide a fix in the next update. For the time being I suppose it's just a small inconvinience...

In regards to adding an 'M' key to the Shrine, like the readme says, I don't have any intention of adding additional features to LoTR (bug-fixes and balance-related tweaks are not a problem though). I'm not saying it's completely out of the question (eventually... maybe), just don't hold your breath.

So, enjoy the tools. Keep in mind that most of the data can only be obtained by parsing assembly so the results are far from perfect, but it should be fine in the majority of cases.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:57:02 PM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 07:11:08 PM »
When i click new game i am confronted by a black screen and ... well nothing appears, am i doing something wrong?
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 09:48:09 PM »
That sounds like what happens when you attempt to use the patch with the wrong version of LoT (it requires Plus Disc version 2.04, not Special Disc).

Alright, time for some observations on the Rebirth characters with the tools in hand!

Spoiler:
Kyouko: Fine as-is, I'd say.  Long-Range Echo is a nice efficient random-sweeping AoE.  Her boss damage isn't great, but it doesn't need to be with her other tools.  A little better than Cirno overall; better random sweeping makes her hold up better long-term even if her disabling game is worse.

Wakasagihime: Fine as-is.  Her game-highest MAG stat is deceptive since her attack formulas are pretty bad, but given her heal (as good as Reimu's) and buff I wouldn't make her offense any better, and it's just fine for random-sweeping.  I'd say she's either a lateral shift or slightly worse compared to Minoriko; the loss of the quick early single-target heal does hurt a fair bit and she's harder to keep alive sometimes.

Tewi: White Rabbit of Inaba is better damage than I expected.  Not overpowered, though.  Fine as-is, she does become a Luckybot endgame as you noted.  I'd say she's a downgrade from Rumia (better AoE, much worse-single target, no AoE debuff cleansing), but not an overwhelming one.  Lucky! is nice.

Medicine: Nerve Poison being a row attack is a little awkward for random-sweeping, but it applies paralysis just fine.  Nothing wrong with her.  Worse physical tanking and damage than Wriggle, but she excels at Mind tanking, which is important considering Iku's gone, and Wriggle wasn't great at tanking to begin with.  Overall better.

Seija: The tools claim that Reverse Needle Attack is 525% DEF - 175% ATK.  Is this correct?  It's significantly stronger than Heaven/Earth Dream Bow if so (and, indeed, probably too strong for how tanky she is).  If it's actually 300% DEF - 100% ATK, it's fine though.  Her damage is relatively high as LoT tanks go; given its relation to her targets' defense, it's a bit fiddly to balance, but at least based on the final boss' defenses, she could possibly stand to drop to 250% or 275% on the DEF/MND components.  It's not critical though (her damage is still lower than the dedicated damage dealers in general and her efficiency is low).  I can supply numbers on tank offense against the final boss if desired.  Is she better than Iku?  That's really hard to say because she doesn't compare directly.  I would say she's better than Tenshi, who is her closest vanilla analog, but not overwhelmingly so (she essentially trades utility for power, and doesn't have Tenshi's 'oh crap' self-buff, so her durability is a LITTLE worse).

Momiji: Remilia variant.  Probably fine as such.  Can't really say whether she's better or worse than Komachi, but I will note that you removed the game's two primary SPI nukers (Komachi and Yuyuko) and the only replacement they got was Yoshika, who is weaker than either (not MUCH weaker than Komachi, but).

Shou: Radiant Treasure is possibly a bit underpowered compared to Wakasagihime's heal, given that most people will likely maximize her Mind on account of her not having any offense.  You might want to take this into account.  (It's somewhat academic since it's still a full heal on a lot of the cast.)  Using her is essentially like running with 11 characters most of the time, since almost no maingame randoms last long enough to bother with buffing.  The ST heal is really underpowered as far as healing amount is concerned, but in some ways it's not the central point of the skill, so I'm not sure I'd adjust it - it depends on the intent.  Is it a buff that happens to heal on the side?  Then it's fine.  Is it a heal that happens to buff on the side?  Then it needs to be tweaked.

Sukuna: Shining Needle Sword barely registers, even with as good of a formula as it has; I'm not sure it's worth bothering to use Grow Bigger! for still.  Sukuna may flat out need better base ATK, but I don't think base stat changes will propogate to existing saves.  Inchlings' Hell is extremely SP-efficient though - in fact, it's the most SP-efficient AoE in the game.  The burst damage is only so-so, but still, she manages to more or less justify a party slot for exploration at the very least.  She comes off as a Chen variant more or less that is better at general random sweeping but (a lot) worse at the machine gun game.

Kagerou: Remilia variant, probably fine as such.  Better than Mokou, which wasn't hard.

Yoshika: Looks pretty decent on paper, if not awe-inspiring.  With Komachi and Yuyuko gone, she's the game's strongest SPI damage dealer, though; in that respect, she might not be strong enough.

Mima: Twilight Spark is the best attack in the game by a very large margin, *even without fulfilling its special conditions*, and becomes positively monstrous when you do.  (It is stronger than 3.01 Linear Gun.  By a lot. o_O)

Shinki: Probably fine given that self-buff, would be underwhelming without it.

EDIT: Added some more comments.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 11:36:48 PM by Reiska »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 10:44:47 PM »
I got to 4F and I noticed the battle background picture is a little... err... out of place. I don't mean any insults, but I don't think a Minecraft background really fits with any other artwork you've used for the mod. I found a possible replacement, however I have yet to receive permission from the artist as to whether or not it's okay to use it. I'll let you know if he gives me the okay, but if he does, would it be okay to use it instead of the current picture? Sorry if this comes off as insulting or anything, it just feels really out of place, even if it's moreso in the background.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 11:26:58 PM »
That sounds like what happens when you attempt to use the patch with the wrong version of LoT (it requires Plus Disc version 2.04, not Special Disc).

I have the right version and the plus disk and yet i get the black screen again and again. I don't have an english version so maybe that's why... ( all because i can't download the 2.4 english patch )
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 03:06:14 AM »
I have the right version and the plus disk and yet i get the black screen again and again. I don't have an english version so maybe that's why... ( all because i can't download the 2.4 english patch )

Pretty sure the english version has nothing to do with it, since the game text is all in the executable which is replaced by the patch.  What OS are you running?

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 05:44:37 PM »
When i click new game i am confronted by a black screen and ... well nothing appears, am i doing something wrong?
The problem you're getting happens if you run LoTR on its own, without the original game's files having been made accessible to it. Please follow the steps in the readme file to install the game properly. If you have and are still getting a black screen, I'll need to know exactly how you installed LoTR to be able to help you out.

Good luck!

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 12:29:16 AM »
I added a few additional comments to my post above.  Also, I'll go ahead and supply the numbers from which I've been working.  Below is a list of every character's best attacks with SP cost, delay, and damage.  Damage figures are calculated using the following criteria:
  • Characters are at roughly endgame level, I based this around a level 127 Reimu.
  • All levelup bonuses are spent on the primary offensive stat, except for
    Spoiler:
    Seija
    , who doesn't want it, and
    Spoiler:
    Shou
    , who can't attack.  They got DEF/MND respectively.  I can easily provide numbers for other stat allocations if asked.
  • I've gone and assumed that all characters have 75 skill levels in both ATK and MAG.  This is possibly a little higher than is reasonable, but I don't really care to theorycraft this too hard. 
    Spoiler:
    Seija
    is again an exception.
  • The target is assumed to have 10000 DEF and MND and 100 in all affinities.
  • "Best" attacks are defined as follows.  A character's "best" boss killing attack is the one that does the most damage over time (so a weaker but faster attack may be "best").  If the character's best attack is single-target and the character has AoE attacks, the best AoE attack is also listed.  Because of their quirks, I ignore Row attacks unless the character has no proper AoEs or the Row attack is massively stronger.  One final exception applies for Marisa and Yuuka; I have listed their best non-Master Spark moves as well, since Master Spark isn't always practical.

Character       Attack                          Target  SP      Delay   Damage
Reimu           Fantasy Seal                    All     60      3000    49756 spirit
Marisa          Master Spark                    Single  160+    0       92272 mystic (+922 per 10 SP extra, max 184544 at 1160 SP)
                Earth Light Ray                 Row     32      5000    45584 mystic
                Asteroid Belt                   All     56      2500    44610 mystic
Remilia         Spear the Gungnir               Single  24      5000    41018 untyped
Sakuya          Killing Doll                    Single  48      4800    38890 untyped
                Soul Sculpture                  All     68      2500    34873 untyped
Patchouli       Silent Selene                   Single  52      4000    74080 untyped
                Royal Flare                     All     52      1500    68818 fire
Chen            Flight of Idaten                Single  18      8500    20932 untyped
                Phoenix Spread Wings            Row     24      6500    30880 untyped
Meiling         Mountain Breaker                Single  20      5000    31810 untyped
Cirno           Icicle Fall                     Single  20      5000    29656 cold
                Perfect Freeze                  All     52      2500    31932 cold
Minoriko        Falling Leaves of Madness       Single  20      5000    30778 nature
                Owotoshi Harvester              All     38      5000    24192 nature
Youmu           Slash of Eternity               Single  88      1000    83745 untyped
                Flashing Cherry Blossoms        All     88      5000    47664 nature
Alice           Return Inanimateness            Single  36      4000    55785 fire
                Seeker Dolls                    All     48      4000    40523 untyped
Rumia           Moonlight Ray                   Single  32      4000    58869 mystic
                Dark Side of the Moon           All     40      3800    21772 mystic
Wriggle         Butterfly Storm                 All     68      3000    41283 nature
Yuugi           Knockout in Three Steps         Single  58      0       80580 fire
                Storm on Mt. Ooe                All     48      4000    31790 wind
Aya             Peerless Wind God               Single  70      7000    40307 wind
                Diving Grandson's Advent        All     50      6000    27985 wind
Iku             Thunder Drum Shot               Single  25      4500    38248 wind
                Oarfish's Swimming Shot         All     60      2800    44021 wind
Komachi         Scythe that Chooses the Dead    Single  54      4000    62030 spirit
                Ferriage in the Deep Fog        Row     48      4000    27405 cold
Suwako          Croaking Frog Eaten by Snake    Single  50      2000    96857 nature
                Mishaguji-sama                  All     55      2800    34506 nature
Sanae           Nine Syllable Stabs             Row     66      4500    43292 untyped
                Night of Bright Guest Stars     All     46      3500    34166 spirit
Nitori          PDLC99MW Megawatt Linear Gun    Single  88      0       v2.04: 63706 untyped; v3.01: 106430 untyped; Rebirth: 84894 untyped
                Extending Arm                   All     50      3600    44465 nature
Ran             Soaring En no Ozuno             Row     48      7000    54067 untyped
                Princess Tenko                  All     60      4000    53611 mystic
Reisen          Mind Starmine                   All     56      3500    33671 mystic
Eirin           Galaxy in a Pot                 Single  40      4000    39427 untyped
                Astronomical Entombing          All     138/85  0       60084 spirit
Tenshi          World Creation Press            Single  48      3000    36909 nature
                Violent Motherland              All     64      1000    38685 nature
Mokou           Fire Bird -Flying Phoenix-      Single  60      4000    40664 fire
                Fujiyama Volcano                All     118     500     59663 fire
Flandre         Starbow Break                   Single  66      5000    86620 untyped (plus 3100 to self)
                Laveatein                       All     166     2000    128626 fire
Orin            Blazing Wheel                   All     84      3500    56952 fire
Kaguya          Hourai Barrage                  All     158     0       89981 spirit
Suika           Throwing Atlas                  Single  88      0       71125 wind
                Bean-Throwing Black Hole        All     60      2500    30425 wind
Yuyuko          Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana      All     188     4000    88977 spirit
Yukari          Hyperactive Flying Object       Row     64      4000    38797 wind
                Mesh of Light and Darkness      All     64      4000    31297 spirit
Rinnosuke       Start of Heavenly Demise        All     132     2000    78220 untyped *1
Maribel         Hyperdimension Flying Object    Row     144     3000    47463 wind
                Liberated Abilities             All     92      4000    38580 mystic
Utsuho          Hell's Tokamak                  All     112     3000    47284 fire *2
Kanako          Beautiful Spring Like Suiga     Single  88      2500    65712 cold
                Virtue of Wind God              All     148     2000    60084 wind
Yuuka           Flower Shot                     Single  32      6500    32520 nature
                Master Spark                    All     160+    0       69118 mystic (+691 per 10 SP extra, max 138236 at 1160 SP)
Mystia          Ill-Starred Dive                Single  24      6800    38992 untyped
                Midnight Chorus Master          All     80      3500    58488 untyped
Keine           (both spells are the same)      All     52      4000    32062 untyped
Eiki            Last Judgment                   Single  120     1500    67758 untyped
                Trial of the Ten Kings          All     240     4000    68046 untyped
Spoiler:
Kyouko          Long-Range Echo                 All     48      6500    35253 wind
Wakasagihime    Tail-Fin Slap                   Single  16      7500    19197 cold
                Tidal Wave                      All     36      5000    36538 cold
Tewi            Ancient Duper                   Single  14      8750    18104 mystic
                White Rabbit of Inaba           Row     32      7500    24769 mystic
Medicine        Nerve Poison                    Row     48      6750    30850 nature
                Poison Breath                   All     48      4250    19875 nature
Seija           Reverse Needle Attack           Single  56      6000    49715 mystic *3
Momiji          White Wolf Slash                Single  32      8000    32580 untyped
                Expellee's Canaan               Row     48      5500    22746 untyped
Sukuna          Inchlings' Hell                 All     32      7000    47969 mystic *4
Kagerou         Sterling Pounce                 Single  35      8000    35592 untyped
                Star Fang                       All     65      5000    44335 mystic
Yoshika         Poison Raze                     Single  32      7000    51484 spirit
Mima            Twilight Spark (with R/M)       Single  100     0       203737 untyped (!!)
                Twilight Spark (R/M in back)    Single  135     0       156715 untyped
                Twilight Spark (no R/M)         Single  150     0       118242 untyped
                Hateful Destruction Beam        Row     85      4000    51297 fire
Shinki          Divine Pulse                    Single  36      6500    45105 mystic
                Devil's Recitation              All     135     3500    75859 mystic
[/tt]

*1 proof that skill levels mattered, since this was his worst spell without them!
*2 yup, Giga Flare is worse even with not hitting defense
Spoiler:
*3 if the formula given by the tool of 525% DEF - 175% ATK is correct; otherwise this is 28415 mystic
*4 by the way, this is typoed "inchings'" in game

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 04:51:57 AM »
any chance someone can just upload rebirth somewhere? finding a 2.04 laby by itself is annoying, and with this kind of being its own game, it should probibly deserve its own full download, other then just the patch download as a laby1 mod.

to make it more interesting, you should take  some of the mediocre characters like rumia,  remilia, and rinnosuke and just completely rework them with new skill sets as well.
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return