Author Topic: UFO v0.02a is out  (Read 41760 times)

UFO v0.02a is out
« on: July 20, 2009, 05:28:41 AM »
Because I didn't find a topic but I'm pretty sure there's one already and I didn't look for it hard enough

朝っぱらから東方星蓮船体験版を公開しました。
  こちらのページからDLしてください。
東方星蓮船

さてさて、絶賛追い込み中です。もう少しバランスの調整を行う事になりますので、体験版は体験版として適当に見てください。

それでは、今度はマスター明けに~。
You know where.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: UFO v0.02a is out
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 08:59:18 AM »
Downloading it now. I'm seriously curious to know if ZUN fixed the everything or not. Namely, if he actually playtested lunatic this time.

EDIT: Well...I'm honestly not sure what all was changed. My game was running 20-40 FPS even on the smoothest settings, so I can't really speak much for the fairness, especially since it was on hard mode, but...it seemed more polished somehow. None of the spell cards are changed completely, and I didn't notice any major changes, but again it's been forever since I played the demo.

The one big change I noticed was as follows: Upon defeating a midboss or ending a boss fight, you gain a life fragment. This happens regardless of your performance throughout the fight. For the one big change I noticed, it's a good one. Also, maybe it was just me, but getting red UFOs seems to be easier than before.

I hope a lunatic player with a GOOD computer (we actually seem to be getting around to getting a new one. ^_^) can tell me if lunatic has been balanced at long last.

EDIT 2: One more major difference: Continuing now starts you at full power, as opposed to 0.01 which started you at 1.00 power. More good news. I ran through lunatic and didn't notice anything really changed, but once more, it's been months since I've played the game.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 10:30:56 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 01:46:29 PM »
Getting~

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 01:48:15 PM »
EDIT 2: One more major difference: Continuing now starts you at full power, as opposed to 0.01 which started you at 1.00 power.
THANK GODS
Now continuing has a motive!

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 02:34:43 PM »
The major difference I noticed: I can't saucer spam in stage one like I was able to before (might just be me though). x_x

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Ichirin's theme still sucks.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 02:41:30 PM by Odda C. »

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 02:54:11 PM »
I was praying for him to put in big power item drops so getting to 4.00 wasn't a pain is the ass

:(

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 12:58:58 AM »
This demo update seems pretty much pointless to me. Not only is the full game just around the corner but the update didn't really seem to do much. It seems to be a nice feature that the bosses drop life fragments but that's apparently the only change i can spot.

Wonder how he will manage the deadline...

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 01:04:06 AM »
its good to see an update for the trial, but yeah, following on from what Zengeku said, its less than a month away to the predicted release. if ZUN's has only just released a patch for the trial, progress on the full version has probably been slow.

if thats the case, it could be Delayed. (not that i want another rushed release like MoF)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 01:33:58 AM »
Has anyone translated his blog entry? Google translate gives me a good idea of what it says, but it'd be nice to know exactly what he says about the update.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 02:54:20 AM »
The release date for MoF and SA's demo v0.02a was July 27 and June 28, so it seems to me it's more like a routine for ZUN to release the demo now more than that he just finished the new version.

I think it's really just an official release of the demo on the web...

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 03:24:33 AM »
its good to see an update for the trial, but yeah, following on from what Zengeku said, its less than a month away to the predicted release. if ZUN's has only just released a patch for the trial, progress on the full version has probably been slow.

if thats the case, it could be Delayed. (not that i want another rushed release like MoF)

im under the impression zun is just lazy with patches nowadays, the ufo demo has been released really early compared to the other lastest games.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 07:39:49 AM »
http://clip2net.com/page/m20385/1408942

My easy run
Reimu A
Hi-Score Propose
and the result is that it's now harder to run for scores than 0.01

And Sanae's Nuke Bomb is FIXED :'(

Break anything that stands between you and them!

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 08:45:08 AM »
And Sanae's Nuke Bomb is FIXED :'(
...that just gave me reason to get this. Seriously. Going to tomorrow morning~ (i.e. about 12 hours from this post).
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 09:07:01 AM »
This demo update seems pretty much pointless to me. Not only is the full game just around the corner but the update didn't really seem to do much. It seems to be a nice feature that the bosses drop life fragments but that's apparently the only change i can spot.

Wonder how he will manage the deadline...

I can understand the demo update, as he wants people to have a more accurate picture of what to expect. That the full version is supposedly coming out in a few weeks might make it seem like a very delayed reaction, but I see where he's coming from here.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 11:13:07 AM »
Gonna get this when I wake up later since it's 4 AM right now.

Any word on Lunatic changes? I still have nightmares of me playing UFO Stage 3, not to mention, that lovely bullshitty Kogasa battle. Boulders, bullets spawning in your face, clipdeath-happy noncards... beautiful stuff. Ichirin was fun too--I loved having a flurry of red bullets fall on me while on top of a red background supported by red fists flying by.

Oh the memories.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 11:17:27 AM »
Any word on Lunatic changes? I still have nightmares of me playing UFO Stage 3, not to mention, that lovely bullshitty Kogasa battle. Boulders, bullets spawning in your face, clipdeath-happy noncards... beautiful stuff. Ichirin was fun too--I loved having a flurry of red bullets fall on me while on top of a red background supported by red fists flying by.
Did a quick playthrough, didn't notice many changes. Latter half of stage 3 is still borderline-impossible, Kogasa's first spellcard is just as COMPLETELY FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE as it used to be on Lunatic, and is harder (!) on lower difficulties. I can't really evaluate Ichirin fairly because her spellcards make me basically Enjoy 40fps, which isn't really all that Enjoyable, or conducive to properly facing her spellcards.

This basically crushed a lot of my hopes for the full version not sucking, but ZUN still has a chance of fixing things. Let's hope he does. Otherwise...argh.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 11:43:53 AM »

Here's to hoping that ZUN pulls a miracle with the latter stages like in Subterranean Animism :)

Maybe I should give this new demo some time though... I never really did bother to learn Kogasa's last spell. Sigh, I really do hope Stages 2 and 3 are fixed for the full version.

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 05:03:47 PM »
I'm still clinging to the hope that ZUN intentionally made the demo as ridiculous as it is and that the full version will be perfectly fine... maybe I'm just in denial at this point, but whatever.  Either way, I'm just going to ignore the demo and wait until the full version to play it (mostly because, as it is now, I can barely even reach endstage Ichirin even with continue spamming). 

At least he had the decency to let you start with full power upon continuing.  Now unlocking stage practice will just be a tedious endurance test instead of self-imposed torture.:V
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:06:03 PM by Azinth »

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 08:25:25 PM »
I'm still clinging to the hope that ZUN intentionally made the demo as ridiculous as it is and that the full version will be perfectly fine... maybe I'm just in denial at this point, but whatever.  Either way, I'm just going to ignore the demo and wait until the full version to play it (mostly because, as it is now, I can barely even reach endstage Ichirin even with continue spamming). 

At least he had the decency to let you start with full power upon continuing.  Now unlocking stage practice will just be a tedious endurance test instead of self-imposed torture.:V

people said that for SA and it stayed as-is

i think yuugi's first endstage spellcard only changed in the full version though, it was still complete bullshit in the 0.02 demo i think.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=4039

In no particular order. Excluding the obvious.

I don't think it's worth it to go for the Red UFO's at this point. Go for bombs if you're aiming for a standard 1cc.

SanaeB's bomb now activates faster, which means no more free-pass-bomb abuse.

Stage 3 wall-spam looks manageable for Hard. Should try for Lunatic sometime.

Kogasa is still horrible, if not fucking worse.

Ichirin is slightly easier than before, I noted this on the non-spell phases.

Nazrin's last Spell Card actually looks manageable for Hard.
Static + aimed = micro-memorizing.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 10:47:59 PM »
Gave Lunatic an hour of my time, of which is about 55 more minutes than I was willing to spend in the first place.

It's complete shit, as with the previous demo. No more needs to be said. No more needs to be played.

* bjw waits patiently for C76

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 12:00:21 AM »
Even though it has been mentioned that the bosses now drop Life Fragments, the number of fragments needed for an extra life is now 4 instead of 3.

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 03:10:10 AM »
Even though it has been mentioned that the bosses now drop Life Fragments, the number of fragments needed for an extra life is now 4 instead of 3.

yeah, seems like the overall amount of lives you get is the same though, at least i get the same amount of lives in stage 1 by the end >.<

aside from that nothing seems to have changed however in terms of patterns

Tengukami

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 03:59:17 AM »
I'm going to go on the record as saying I've thoroughly enjoyed the demo's art, music (especially Kogasa's theme), danmaku and UFO scoring. Can't say I can really wring a complaint out of my experience with it.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 07:04:26 AM »
Tried it, haven't made it the Unzan yet due to lack of play time these days (I have 9 bombs, but I didn't bomb), but all I have to say is...

ZUN, YOU SARTISTIC PIECE OF SHIT, LOSING 1.00 FULL POWER FROM DYING MAKES THE GAME FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE WHEN YOU ONLY GIVE ME BACK 0.04 WHEN I DIE.

Especially during boss fights, Kogasa can die in a fire, she kept clip deathing me tonight.

And the wall spam seems to be harder on Stage 3.

Flay_wind

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 02:18:20 PM »
Downloaded and tested it.
It seems bosses drop star fragments only when defeated, which is 2 per stage and 4 lives in actual run, when full version will come out. Not bad i think.
And this. v
Kogasa is still horrible, if not fucking worse.
I fucking second that.
If it's not just me, her "bubble" still have bullets spawning on top of me and her "train"... I dunno what's wrong with this but i lost 2 lives to it, which never happened before and i always managed to capture it. Seems to me, that bullets now have bigger spread which cover almost entire screen instead of 2/3.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 02:25:00 PM by Flay_wind »

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 12:25:20 AM »
You guys are talking about hard/lunatic mode?  I find Kogasa retarded on Hard already.

If this goes on unedited, Kogasa can really be considered at the hardest Stage 2 boss in Windows games so far.

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 12:59:40 AM »
If this goes on unedited, Kogasa can really be considered at the hardest Stage 2 boss in Windows games so far.

Umbrella Sign "Parasol Star Memories" is literally one of the hardest cards in the series right now provided that you aren't a character with a spread shottype.

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2009, 02:09:46 AM »

Umbrella Sign "Parasol Star Memories" is literally one of the hardest cards in the series right now provided that you aren't a character with a spread shottype.

yeah, the spellcard would be fine if the rolling parasols wouldnt come at the bottom of the screen to fuck you up in a pincer attack

Tengukami

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2009, 02:49:53 AM »
I always bomb that spellcard without hesitation. I think I only made my way through it twice.

I personally find the nun and her cloud man infinitely harder than umbrella girl.