Author Topic: Okuu Quest Next - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 81336 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Next - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #840 on: June 22, 2010, 03:33:25 AM »
> Sit down

>You sit down on one the chairs in front of the desk. Oh, it is very soft, but firm at the same time.
>He smiles at you, waiting for you to speak with his hands folded in front of him.

>_

« Reply #841 on: June 22, 2010, 04:41:28 AM »
>"I'm here about a building condemnation notice that I believe was filed in error. I understand you're the person to talk to about this?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #842 on: June 22, 2010, 04:47:06 AM »
>"I'm here about a building condemnation notice that I believe was filed in error. I understand you're the person to talk to about this?"

>"That is exactly correct," he says. "Breathe easily. I am here to help."

>_

« Reply #843 on: June 22, 2010, 04:52:51 AM »
>"Someone in my neighborhood had her house condemned on account of plumbing issues. However, I've since had a professional plumber in to look at it, and he says that only minor repairs are needed, and that it isn't nearly cause to condemn the house. There must have been a mistake, somewhere along the line. I'm sure you understand how stressful finding your house condemned must be, especially when it's not in such bad shape."
>While we're talking, try to notice if we get any unusual reaction, even subtle, at the mention of this story

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #844 on: June 22, 2010, 05:07:47 AM »
>"Someone in my neighborhood had her house condemned on account of plumbing issues. However, I've since had a professional plumber in to look at it, and he says that only minor repairs are needed, and that it isn't nearly cause to condemn the house. There must have been a mistake, somewhere along the line. I'm sure you understand how stressful finding your house condemned must be, especially when it's not in such bad shape."
>While we're talking, try to notice if we get any unusual reaction, even subtle, at the mention of this story

>He frowns a bit during the story, then nods. "And you are inquiring on behalf of your neighbor. That is very kind of you. Now, look at me. You have a report that says this, yes? Show it to me."

>_

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #845 on: June 22, 2010, 05:09:11 AM »
>He frowns a bit during the story, then nods. "And you are inquiring on behalf of your neighbor. That is very kind of you. Now, look at me. You have a report that says this, yes? Show it to me."

>_

> Purvis, you are awesome for this Tenma, basing him off of one of your previous avatars :D I approve of this entirely.

« Reply #846 on: June 22, 2010, 05:13:58 AM »
>We left the papers at Nitori's, didn't we....?
>If so: "I don't have the papers on my person at the moment, although I do have a copy of the report. I wasn't sure the procedure for dealing with this sort of issue, or even if you were the person to give them to."
>Otherwise, show him the papers

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #847 on: June 22, 2010, 05:25:09 AM »
>We left the papers at Nitori's, didn't we....?
>If so: "I don't have the papers on my person at the moment, although I do have a copy of the report. I wasn't sure the procedure for dealing with this sort of issue, or even if you were the person to give them to."
>Otherwise, show him the papers

>Of course not, that'd be stupid. It's been in your inventory for awhile.
>You hand him the paper. He considers it for a moment. "Very interesting. This seems legitimate. Look around, I require a moment."
>He reaches over to the phone and pushes a button on it. "Petite, it's me. Stop. Take a moment from your current tasks. Bring me the file for Case AH02. Thank you."
>He then looks back to you, "Now we wait. Why are you here, and not the owner of the home?"

>_

« Reply #848 on: June 22, 2010, 05:29:52 AM »
>"Well, I had connections with the plumber, and it was my idea to get it checked out again, so I offered to look into the situation for her. I think she was feeling rather overwhelmed by the notice, to be honest. Just wanted to help out a neighbor, if I could."
>"I'd like to find out how the original notice would have been sent in the first place, actually."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #849 on: June 22, 2010, 06:06:58 AM »
>"Well, I had connections with the plumber, and it was my idea to get it checked out again, so I offered to look into the situation for her. I think she was feeling rather overwhelmed by the notice, to be honest. Just wanted to help out a neighbor, if I could."
>"I'd like to find out how the original notice would have been sent in the first place, actually."

>He nods. "You are very kind. If she received such a notice unfairly, it would be jarring.The original notice was sent by post, after I had reviewed the reports. They were certainly found in compliance with law. But we shall look again. Perhaps a mistake shall become known."
>The receptionist enters, carrying a folder. She places it on the desk. "Thank you, Petite," says Tenma, as he takes the file and begins to page through it. She leaves with a nod, as he considers. "There is a discrepancy," he says. "This report and your own are not in agreement. Hmm."

>_

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #850 on: June 22, 2010, 06:08:55 AM »
>Politely ask if you may see.

« Reply #851 on: June 22, 2010, 06:09:45 AM »
>"Under what circumstances was the original inspection conducted?"

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #852 on: June 22, 2010, 06:10:08 AM »
> "Oh, that clearly is not good. What, may I ask, is different between them?"
> Hope that Tenma will un-condem Akyu's house.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #853 on: June 22, 2010, 06:20:54 AM »
>Politely ask if you may see.

>"You may see it," He hands you the file.
>Glancing at it, you can see there is a mishmash of information, and a map of the house. There are weird colored lines running through it. There's a lot of stuff here, is there anything in particular you are looking for?

>"Under what circumstances was the original inspection conducted?"

>"The house was reported as suspicious," says Tenma. "An inspection was done. These are the findings."

> "Oh, that clearly is not good. What, may I ask, is different between them?"
> Hope that Tenma will un-condem Akyu's house.

>"Compare the reports," he says. "You will see the findings are not the same."
>You really hope you can get this done...

>_

« Reply #854 on: June 22, 2010, 06:25:00 AM »
>Look for discrepancies in the major findings of the two reports

>"So, someone lodged a complaint with this department, and an inspector was sent from here? Does the department have its own inspectors, or is that sort of work contracted out? Is it possible to get the inspector's name?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #855 on: June 22, 2010, 03:27:58 PM »
>Look for discrepancies in the major findings of the two reports

>"So, someone lodged a complaint with this department, and an inspector was sent from here? Does the department have its own inspectors, or is that sort of work contracted out? Is it possible to get the inspector's name?"

>You start to look for major discrepancies. This isn't hard to find, the Government report advocates that things are in a much worse condition. However, given the formats of the two reports are much different, it's difficult to draw direct comparisons. The one that you got from Nitori is a write-up of the situation, more of a list, while the one that Tenma gave you seems to be more of an overview of the entire house, there's a few pages to it which seem to cover aspects other than plumbing. There is a lot of information you could look through.
>"We retain our own engineers," says Tenma. "We prefer not to name them. There is a history of people taking matters into their own hands in less constructive ways than you have."

>_

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #856 on: June 22, 2010, 03:40:45 PM »
> "I understand then."
> Look over some of the aspects that aren't related to the plumbing.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #857 on: June 22, 2010, 03:50:08 PM »
> "I understand then."
> Look over some of the aspects that aren't related to the plumbing.

>You look over the other pages of file. The first part seems to be devoted to the land itself, noting acreage, sewer and electrical lines, improvements made to the land, and its assessed market value. The next part goes into more detail about the generalities of the house itself; size, shape, number of rooms, nature of the foundation, and so on. The next part is devoted to the plumbing. The part after that is devoted to the electrical systems. Each part has a blueprint that outlines the specific areas of interest.
>You think you notice something odd with the first part of the file. The sewer line doesn't seem to match that of the plumbing section.

>_

« Reply #858 on: June 22, 2010, 03:55:07 PM »
>Doesn't match in what way?
>"What is the standard procedure for resolution of conflicts like this, then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #859 on: June 22, 2010, 04:37:21 PM »
>Doesn't match in what way?
>"What is the standard procedure for resolution of conflicts like this, then?"

>You have a closer look. Hmmm, it seems that the sewer line is coming in from a slightly different direction in the overview section than it is on the plumbing section.
>"I will mediate," says Tenma. "If problems persist, it will go to court."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #860 on: June 22, 2010, 04:38:50 PM »
> "Hm..."
> Bring this discrepancy to Tenma's attention.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #861 on: June 22, 2010, 05:16:10 PM »
> "Hm..."
> Bring this discrepancy to Tenma's attention.

>You show this to Tenma. He takes the report, and considers it for a minute, flipping between the two sections.. Then he presses a button on his phone again. "Petite, it's me. Bring me file for Case AH20."
>After a moment, the receptionist bustles in with another folder in hand. "A moment," says Tenma to her, as he opens the new file. "Petite," he says after a moment, "Look down. Close your eyes. Think back to the last time you filed these."
>"Um, why?" says the receptionist, looking toward her feet, her voice small.
>"You dropped these, didn't you? The pages flew everywhere. And you put them back together, didn't you?"
>"...Maybe?"
>Tenma switches a page between the two files.  "Back to me," he says. "You must be more careful about these things."
>"I-I'm sorry..." she says.
>"Do not worry," he says. "Back to your previous task." The receptionist nods and hurries. Tenma begins to write something on a clean sheet of paper. My apologies," he says. "Will you need anything else?"

>_

« Reply #862 on: June 22, 2010, 05:24:06 PM »
>"So, is that it, then? Just a misplaced paper? You'll rescind the condemnation order, now?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #863 on: June 22, 2010, 05:53:33 PM »
>"So, is that it, then? Just a misplaced paper? You'll rescind the condemnation order, now?"

>"The order is being written as we speak," he says. "Cases AH02 and AH20 are based off the same basic design. The mistake is an easy one to make."
>He hands you the thing he was writing. "Look down. In your hands in an order to be presented to anyone who approaches that house with the intention of  demolishing it." He stands up. "I'm going to meet the City Planner now."

>_

« Reply #864 on: June 22, 2010, 05:58:59 PM »
>Take a look at the order
>"Thank you very much. I'm glad this could be settled so painlessly."

>"Now that I think of it, how did you know the case number off the top of your head? Did someone else bring up the same case recently, or something?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #865 on: June 22, 2010, 06:11:04 PM »
>Take a look at the order
>"Thank you very much. I'm glad this could be settled so painlessly."

>"Now that I think of it, how did you know the case number off the top of your head? Did someone else bring up the same case recently, or something?"

>You read the note. It seems to be a notice to cease all demolition work on Miss Heida's house, signed by Commission Tenma.
>"Yes."
>"Miss Petite informed me of the subject of the meeting. I noted the specific case, but we had not had enough time to get the file ready yet."

>_

« Reply #866 on: June 22, 2010, 06:16:05 PM »
>"Well, I guess the only thing left to do is the internal paperwork, then? Nothing else you need from me?"
>"Thanks again for your time, and the speedy resolution of this issue."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #867 on: June 22, 2010, 06:16:37 PM »
> "I see.  Well I'm glad that everything turned out well for both parties."
> If possible, shake the good Commissioner's hand.
> Bid Tenma farewell.
> If we have time before work, make a beeline for the bus stop so we can give the order to Miss Hieda.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #868 on: June 22, 2010, 06:37:31 PM »
>"Well, I guess the only thing left to do is the internal paperwork, then? Nothing else you need from me?"
>"Thanks again for your time, and the speedy resolution of this issue."
> "I see.  Well I'm glad that everything turned out well for both parties."
> If possible, shake the good Commissioner's hand.
> Bid Tenma farewell.
> If we have time before work, make a beeline for the bus stop so we can give the order to Miss Hieda.

>You give the commissioner a handshake. "No problem." he says.
>He walks with you out of the office, then heads in a different direction, whistling a little tune.
>It is 10:13. You could easily get to Miss Hieda's house in this time. As for Armistice High, you might be able to, but you've never really been there before, and don't know the area. There's a pretty good chance you could get lost and end up being late.

>_

« Reply #869 on: June 22, 2010, 06:39:15 PM »
>Head out of the building
>Give Akyuu a call. (at work, presumably)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:40:59 PM by DracoOmega »