Author Topic: Okuu Quest Next - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 81911 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Okuu Quest Next - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #870 on: June 22, 2010, 06:49:17 PM »
>Head out of the building
>Give Akyuu a call. (at work, presumably)

>You leave City Hall behind, feeling an enormous sense of relief that this situation is all over.
>You do not know what her work number is.

>_

« Reply #871 on: June 22, 2010, 06:50:48 PM »
>...didn't we call her at work the other day? (Oops, that was before we had this phone, so the number wouldn't be stored there)
>Look for a nearby payphone with a phone book, look up the number for Armistice High, and give Akyuu a call
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:53:06 PM by DracoOmega »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #872 on: June 22, 2010, 07:11:49 PM »
>...didn't we call her at work the other day? (Oops, that was before we had this phone, so the number wouldn't be stored there)
>Look for a nearby payphone with a phone book, look up the number for Armistice High, and give Akyuu a call

>You find a payphone without any difficulty, there is a bank of them across the street near the police station. You look up the number and call.
>Reaching a secretary, she patches you through to the principal without any difficulty. "May I help you?" comes Miss Hieda's voice after a moment.

>_

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #873 on: June 22, 2010, 07:27:28 PM »
> "It's me, Okuu! I have good news, I managed to sort out the situation about your house. It looks like it was all a mistake, some stuff got mixed up. I have a paper with me canceling the demolition of your house. I wanted to let you know. Um... I'm not sure how to get to where you are to give it to you though. I don't wanna get lost and be late for work, so would you mind telling me how to get to Armistice High from City Hall?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #874 on: June 22, 2010, 08:20:26 PM »
> "It's me, Okuu! I have good news, I managed to sort out the situation about your house. It looks like it was all a mistake, some stuff got mixed up. I have a paper with me canceling the demolition of your house. I wanted to let you know. Um... I'm not sure how to get to where you are to give it to you though. I don't wanna get lost and be late for work, so would you mind telling me how to get to Armistice High from City Hall?"

>"Oh my! That's incredible news!" says Miss Hieda. "I don't know what to say! Thank you, thank you so much! As for the notice, just leave it in my mailbox, please. I'm not really free to see anyone at the moment, after yesterday's long lunch."

>_

« Reply #875 on: June 22, 2010, 08:31:07 PM »
>"I'm just happy I could help, that's all. I can drop it off at your place when I'm back around home. I hope this is some worry off your back, at any rate."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #876 on: June 22, 2010, 08:43:21 PM »
>"I'm just happy I could help, that's all. I can drop it off at your place when I'm back around home. I hope this is some worry off your back, at any rate."

>"Yes, yes it is," she answers. "If you need anything, anything at all, please let me know."

>_

« Reply #877 on: June 22, 2010, 08:52:43 PM »
>"Sure. Have a nice day."

>Head towards the Moriya shrine. May as well see if that other shrine maiden is there, or when she'll be around.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #878 on: June 22, 2010, 09:08:55 PM »
>"Sure. Have a nice day."

>Head towards the Moriya shrine. May as well see if that other shrine maiden is there, or when she'll be around.

>"You too, Utsuho."
>You hang up, and begin to walk toward the Moriya Shrine. It is a pleasant walk, even with the people on the streets walking around you and sometimes bumping into you.
>Soon, you come to the torii, and start down the forested path toward the shrine itself. The trees do wonders in filtering away the noise, leaving you feeling as though the city is miles away rather than yards away. The Forest Spirit reappears. Immediately, you can feel that she doesn't want to be here at all.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #879 on: June 22, 2010, 09:11:34 PM »
> Turn to the Forest Spirit
> "You'd rather be in the forest, wouldn't you?"
> How long would it take to get to the shrine in the forest?

« Reply #880 on: June 22, 2010, 09:11:44 PM »
>"What's wrong?"
>Can we get a better sense of the nature of its discomfort? Does it feel different than the way it was uncomfortable in City Hall?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #881 on: June 22, 2010, 09:19:44 PM »
> Turn to the Forest Spirit
> "You'd rather be in the forest, wouldn't you?"
> How long would it take to get to the shrine in the forest?

>You turn to it and ask a question.
>You get a definite feeling of agreement.
>It'd probably take about 30 minutes, all told.

>"What's wrong?"
>Can we get a better sense of the nature of its discomfort? Does it feel different than the way it was uncomfortable in City Hall?

>You can feel it doesn't want to be here at all.
>In City Hall, you think it was more confused than frightened, though the latter certainly was there. She certainly didn't balk at going there like she has here.

>_

« Reply #882 on: June 22, 2010, 09:22:27 PM »
>Is there time to drop in on Reimu and still get to work on time?

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #883 on: June 22, 2010, 09:23:09 PM »
> How close is the forest shrine to work?
> What time does Nitori head into work?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #884 on: June 22, 2010, 09:40:33 PM »
>Is there time to drop in on Reimu and still get to work on time?

>If you walk quickly, you ought to be able to spent a little bit of time there and get to work without being late.

> How close is the forest shrine to work?
> What time does Nitori head into work?

>It takes the B route about 10-15 minutes to get there.
>She usually heads in pretty early. She's definitely there now, unless something got scheduled yesterday.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #885 on: June 22, 2010, 09:44:03 PM »
> Would Nitori let us call out of work possessed, or is that something we'd have to show her?

« Reply #886 on: June 22, 2010, 09:48:42 PM »
(We could always just call Nitori if something comes up and we expect to be late. Otherwise, we should be able to make a quick visit on time)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #887 on: June 22, 2010, 10:05:29 PM »
> Head for Reimu's shrine quickly on foot.  I bet she'd want to see the forest spirit.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #888 on: June 22, 2010, 10:08:28 PM »
Do we want to go to see Reimu first though or would we rather show Nitori our Beast and see if she'll let us take a personal day ?

« Reply #889 on: June 22, 2010, 10:09:52 PM »
My personal opinion is that the fewer people who know about the ghost, the fewer possible complications, at this point

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #890 on: June 22, 2010, 10:10:49 PM »
Do we want to go to see Reimu first though or would we rather show Nitori our Beast and see if she'll let us take a personal day ?
I think we should see Reimu because there's the chance that Nitori won't let us go even if we are possessed and we'd have to wait longer.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #891 on: June 22, 2010, 10:14:02 PM »
My personal opinion is that the fewer people who know about the ghost, the fewer possible complications, at this point
Exactly, and if the Beast is visible without cameras now, do we really need to be driving around servicing air conditioners?  Much less being at work when we could be doing research?

« Reply #892 on: June 22, 2010, 10:19:19 PM »
Exactly, and if the Beast is visible without cameras now, do we really need to be driving around servicing air conditioners?  Much less being at work when we could be doing research?

Well, I don't know that all of our work normally involves service calls. And the spirit seemed to keep a low enough profile in City Hall. In either case, I don't think it would cause us to be wandering around in public any MORE than we would be if we were off work. As for using the work time to do something more directly related to this issue, I suppose that's a point. I hadn't really thought there was anything important happening in that window, though. To be honest, I think half my reason for not favoring skipping work is just to try and keep a little normalcy for poor Okuu's sake, if that makes any sense. And I didn't think it would hurt.

Either way, I think we should go to the forest shrine now, and work out whatever is up with Nitori afterwards.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #893 on: June 22, 2010, 10:22:09 PM »
Well, I don't know that all of our work normally involves service calls. And the spirit seemed to keep a low enough profile in City Hall. In either case, I don't think it would cause us to be wandering around in public any MORE than we would be if we were off work. As for using the work time to do something more directly related to this issue, I suppose that's a point. I hadn't really thought there was anything important happening in that window, though. To be honest, I think half my reason for not favoring skipping work is just to try and keep a little normalcy for poor Okuu's sake, if that makes any sense. And I didn't think it would hurt.

Either way, I think we should go to the forest shrine now, and work out whatever is up with Nitori afterwards.
The upside to getting a day off work though would be we could check the museum out a bit more.

Also now that I think about it, do we even know where the crow came from?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #894 on: June 22, 2010, 10:48:42 PM »
> Would Nitori let us call out of work possessed, or is that something we'd have to show her?

>You would definitely have to show that to a person like Nitori.

> Head for Reimu's shrine quickly on foot.  I bet she'd want to see the forest spirit.

>It will take a few unpleasant hours to get there on foot. Are you sure you want to do this?"

>_

« Reply #895 on: June 22, 2010, 10:49:58 PM »
>Nah, take the bus

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #896 on: June 22, 2010, 10:50:45 PM »
Wait, Reimu works during the day huh?

« Reply #897 on: June 22, 2010, 10:54:59 PM »
Well, the first time we were there, it was around 3PM. But who knows what her schedule is, really.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #898 on: June 22, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »
I say we take the gamble.  I doubt her schedule would differ much.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #899 on: June 22, 2010, 11:13:59 PM »
>Nah, take the bus

>You head to the bus station, the Forest Spirit fading out of sight and to a large degree out of mind as you do. You do feel a strong sense of relief from it before it fades completely.
>It doesn't take long for a D-Route bus to show up, you climb on to find only a few scattered people on it. You take a seat, and go with your old standby of studying your nuclear physics texts.
>It doesn't take too long to get to the outskirts.

>_