Author Topic: Defend the Maiden - C9 Mafia edition (Pesco, Affinity Wins)  (Read 30549 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Defend the Maiden - C9 Mafia edition
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2010, 07:37:21 AM »
Mod confirmation >> your reading >> scum that know the setup and are telling lies.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2010, 10:50:13 AM »
... mod confirmation?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2010, 11:42:42 AM »
Quote from: Kiro
Notice that Rou first qualifies his thoughts with "after HW's input." Why was huh what's reasoning enough to deter your suspicions about Pesco?
It was enough to convince me that a K4U/huh what team was possible as well, given his fluffy voting and nonsensical reason for voting Pesco ahead of K4U. As such, I decided the K4U lynch was a better idea given that a) she had two potential buddies, and b) Pesco looked a lot better if she flipped Town.

gutvote is bad, but not necessarily scummy in Day 1. Stick to her gut is bad, but not necessarily scummy in Day 1.
Sticking to her gut and subsequently refusing to discuss any of the serious cases that had shown up? Scummy, if you ask me.

What? I don't understand this at all. If that's the primary thing that caused you to clear Pesco above K4U, then I've got nothing else to say except that it absolutely sucks.
This is a side point. I've already said about five trillion times that Pesco being hesitant to vote Town!K4U but then unvoting feels like bad Town play rather than bad scum play. Leaving his vote nowhere would make his subsequent lack of a vote on K4U very, very obvious, and scum are more likely to go out of their way to avoid drawing that sort of attention to themselves.

Rou's reasoning is pretty much stated in #116: that it'd be too much of a gambit to do. But objectively, that's not true. Pesco was already a top suspect heading into Day 2 so the gambit of having to compete with a rival copclaim is only a small risk to him considering how close he was to the chopping block in Day 1. And let's face it, meta wise, Pesco is capable of doing it. Why are you not willing to consider that? The KISS answer is that you are scum with him and this is an all-in move.
I've given my reasoning, and since I only have a quiet day 1 to work with I don't understand why I'm expected to produce any more.

I am not willing to believe Town Roukan could make this kind of a mistake: that he believes in his meta impressions of Pesco so much to not only clear him in Day 2, but at the end of a Day 1 as well when there is nothing solid to work off of.
What does this even mean? 'We have no serious evidence so he's bad for trying to read into voting patterns and deciding that Pesco not voting K4U was NOT A SCUMMY MISTAKE!'

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2010, 02:23:41 PM »
I'm going to the college today but dear god people do you have to use quote stripes? They are about the most annoying format of a post to read EVER. They are, fortunately, easier here given the low contrast, but it still interrupts your post with a color schema change when LINKING the post would work just as well.

Yes, I know, I used to use quote stripes like mad, but I've kinda realized how fucking annoying they are. Further, they make a small post a lot bigger which could be considered slightly scummy obfuscation of your points.

So, please, TRY to not post in the Quote/OnelinerResponse/Quote/Onelinerresponse format. I'm not completely against quotes, but you really shouldn't need more than two or three in a post, when you could link and summarize the counterpoints you have. It's slightly more work for you, but it also helps the town a lot more than quote stripes.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2010, 04:32:33 PM »
Rou: You seem to be misunderstanding why I initially found Pesco scummy back in Day 1. It's not really about Pesco's voting pattern, but that he wasn't scumhunting. The inconsequential exchange with K4U and curious lack of reactions against him was what prompted my vote and I may have still voted him even if he had voted K4U on the first go-around.

Also, why you're willing to clear Pesco based not on what he had done, but what HW and K4U had done is not proper scumhunting. Hold Pesco responsible for his poor actions, like how you first did in #62-68. Your current defense of Pesco is not only a 180 degree turn, but for highly WIFOM reasons. I don't see it as misguided Townie play, but as coordinated Scum play.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2010, 05:34:50 PM »
UK: Noted.

Kiro: Seriously, stop misrepping me. I am not clearing Pesco based on K4U's actions, I simply decided at the end of day 1 that since I could see valid reasoning for both Pesco/K4U and huh what/K4U scumpairs that K4U was the logical choice. The clear came after K4U's flip - at which point his earlier reluctance to press K4U came across to me as severely non-scummy. Mislynches cannot  happen without scum pressure, and scum pressure cannot happen without votes. At L-2, maybe even L-3, Scum!Pesco has reason to be afraid. But when he has a half-decent reason to move away from his joke-vote and vote someone at L-4, there should be no reason for him not to take it. My D1 vote came because I suspected the pair as a scumpair trying to subtly distance from each other - with that theory out the window, my points against Pesco don't hold.

I've made my point as clear as I can, and I see no reason to get questioned on a point I've already made several times over. I believe Pesco's claim, and as such I'm happy with huh what going down today.

« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2010, 07:04:49 PM »
Pesco: Except, you know, you were never modconfirmed? Also, UK already pointed the "if" thing out, but it shouldn't really change the way my posts are read very much, and how is it even a scumtell? It's a slipup, but townies can make slipups like that too, and I don't see how scum is more likely to.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2010, 07:20:52 PM »
The mod confirmed to me that you are scum.

« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2010, 01:05:45 AM »
There has been no Change in voting
There has however been a change in time. 19 and a half hours remain.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2010, 01:40:50 PM »
I am still keeping my vote on the account that pesco is being severely anti-town and that I still do not  find Rou's explanation plausible for his absolute faith in pesco.  It really does seem like an artificial clear, from the looks of it.

Kiro

« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2010, 04:59:51 PM »
Ergh, the lack of questions from UK, who has posted a gut hunch that the scum team is HW and Affinity, is a bit worrying with deadline approaching.

I'm pretty confident on the Rou/Pesco idea so I'll vote Rou sometime soon while we wait for any last questions. That way, we can get at least 3 votes on one of the 2 since Affinity likely won't be around to change his vote.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2010, 05:22:08 PM »
I kinda was anti mafia yesterday. still am. I really, really, don't even want to reread this short game.

I really don't know what to do. I could probably support a Rou lynch, but that doesn't feel right to me. Of course, I have no support for anything since I barely feel like reviewing this game.

I'm half tempted to just full speed ahead on HW and take the blame for the loss if we are wrong.

« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2010, 05:34:57 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote Roukanken
Most of the reasons have already been stated, seems like the most likely partner for Pesco, etc. His constant defense of Pesco seems incredibly odd to me, especially considering that he seems to go about it unnaturally. Pesco was not looking very great D1, how is he suddenly perfect and trusted once he docclaims?

Kiro

« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »
UK: Which is why I wanted to hear something from you anyways.

The summary of the WoT I've got is that Rou switched and hammered and that his clear of Pesco's gambit, that it's too risky to do, is a bad clear. Furthermore, neither of them are pushing forth a reason why HW is scum. For Pesco, it's acceptable because he has the "cop result." But for Rou, he's not offering up enough supporting evidence. He's banking primarily on Pesco's claim and is highly defensive of it. I don't see it as Townie play on Rou's end.

I'm not willing to imagine anything super fancy is going on. This is a simple enough setup. If it's HW/Affinity, then Pesco is just being stubbornly silent and not talking about Affinity's role in this whole thing is bleh. I don't want you to "take the loss" for Town because we don't want to lose. Affinity and HW are saying Pesco/Rou along with me. Since you know I'm Townie, just go along with me. If we're wrong, we share the loss equally. But I don't want one rogue to screw it up per se.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2010, 05:45:37 PM »
Is it ironic that the first scummy post I see comes from mostly confirmed town? here, and further it's with the ONLY pairing I'd accept my confirmed to...not be confirmed if that makes sense? But, it's kinda small to throw away my doctor result.

I love how this post is HW chastising Pesco than backing him off L-1. But yeah.

Let's count the Huh Waffles!
one
two
three

Is this guy scared of me or something :S?

Huh, guess not. Either way, three waffles before committing? That's...interesting.

Honestly, I feel like I should be getting stuff from posts after this, but I'm not. At best I'm getting that HW doesn't feel like he's scum with Pesco (yes, I know, change from earlier)

And, Pesco starts D2 like a cop would, though if he planned it as scum he would have anyway...

Rou, why  do you post like this? This REALLY feels like you are setting up Pesco for his cop claim as scumbuddies.

Really, Rou, really? I don't know what it is, but this post REALLY feels like "YAY! MY SCUMBUDDY GOT AWAY WITH IT! QUICK, QUICKLYNCH!"

this feels...rehearsed? As if Pesco and Rou discussed what they'd do in any event with or without a cop.

And then this HW post is all kinds of terrible, wtf? Honestly, leaving the cop alive, fakeclaim or not is quite logical since it forces him to give results, which can be analyzed. (And also keeps real cop results alive)

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2010, 05:47:02 PM »
tl;dr:

Affinity needs to exist
Rou could be scum, but more likely with Pesco
HW could be scum, but more likely with Affinity.
I get bad vibes from Rou's interactions with Pesco
I get bad vibes from HW's interactions with Pesco.

Honestly, I'm going to vote HW

##Unvote, Vote Huh What

Kiro

« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2010, 05:54:56 PM »
Ergh, please read the bottom of my #163.

And also, you pointed out 3 instances of suspected collusion between Pesco and Rou and are still going to go on a mostly gut vote.

Finally, one thing about Pesco's copclaim. Let's say we lynch Rou today and he flips scum. Pesco will probably be alive tomorrow and guess what? He's going to scan Affinity and say "innocent." That's because the only possible Scum left in any scenario of his is HW. Leaving the cop alive in this game has no more added benefit because of the doc claim clearing UK and myself.

In conclusion, there's less need to bash HW's post than you think. In the meanwhile:

##Vote Roukanken

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2010, 06:01:25 PM »
* AnncertainKoulter sighs

I hope like hell you are right. I'm probably missing something which is why I can't explain the HW feeling I have, but...we need a lynch so

##Unvote, Vote Roukanken

Is that L-1 or lynch?

Kiro

« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2010, 06:03:49 PM »
That would be lynch I believe.

The game seems to be more or less decided now. Let's just see if we're right or wrong.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2010, 06:06:20 PM »
Usually I'd have waited til deadline but honestly, I wasn't gonna get an HW lynch I don't think.

« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2010, 06:14:10 PM »
1. Affinity - (0)
2. Uncertain Kitten - (0)
3. Pesco - (0) UncertainKitten, huh what
4. Huh What - (2) Pesco, Roukanken, Uncertain Kitten
5. Roukanken - (4) Affinity, huh what, Kiro, Uncertainkitten
6. Kiro - (0)

Not Voting - (0) No sissies here.

Roukanken has been lynched. He was Komachi Onozuka, Vanilla Townie.

Speaking of Rou[w], Guess which creak you're up without a paddle?
Please turn in all night actions before Friday 16th, 2:30 pm EST.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2010, 06:17:16 PM »
I feel like people believe me more often when I'm fakeclaiming.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2010, 06:19:50 PM »
Fucking told you.

« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2010, 06:35:18 PM »
I feel like people believe me more often when I'm fakeclaiming.
You do realize the game isn't over yet? If UK successfully protects tonight we'll still have another day. Thanks for confirming it was fake just in case she does, though.

« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2010, 06:38:33 PM »
At Scum's request and with permission from the doctor, Night ends now.
...With the Game.

huh what, who was Hina Kagiyama, Vanilla townie was killed night 2. With two townies left against two mafiosi, the Mafia wins.

"He-hey, Wait a minute!" UncertainKitten, Reimu Hakurei Town Doctor complained. "Why didn't you shoot me, or Kiro?

"Because," Pesco, Reisen Udongein Inaba, Mafia Goon, replied slyly "huh what was the only townie left we knew you wouldn't protect!"

"Oh." She said plainly.

Kiro, who was still Remillia Scarlet, Vanilla Townie walked up between the group. "Very well then. Now, what did we stake on this game? I Know we only played for fun, but..."

"Oh, I forgot to say it before, did I?" Affinity shouted. "It was Miss Satori's delicious cookies! Whoever was on the winning side got to split them!" Rin Kaenbyou, Mafia Goon then began to hand half of her hault of cookies to Reisen. "Thank you." Reisen said politely. She was glad she wasn't suddenly gapped away from her work without some reward. "In any case, I should return to Eientei."

"Yes, that reminds me, I should return to the Mansion as well."
"It looks like Hina, Komachi and Alice already left, too. I'm not allowed to share these cookies with Reimu anymore, so I'll go home, too."

And with that, Reimu was left with a Shrine even more in need of sweeping than before. "Guess I'll go make some tea, then." She muttered.

« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2010, 06:41:55 PM »
:3c

gj scum. Probably was a lot derpier than I should have been this game, but I feel like I learned more in this than I did in haruhi mafia. I guess I should have known better than to go with Affinity's suggestion, but ah well. I'm really curious what Rou was trying to do, though, because it seriously felt like he was setting himself up to be lynched.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 06:43:44 PM by huh♥♪!?what »

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
Re: Defend the Maiden - C9 Mafia edition (Pesco, Affinity Wins)
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2010, 06:43:11 PM »
Bleh, I doubt I'll play in such a small game again.  I really can't function at all without info, which is why I always lurk D1.  Sorry for derpiness etc.  I've been majorly off my game lately, I need to brush up on stuff.

Anyway, gg scum etc.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2010, 06:47:58 PM »
Well done. You picked the only target I WOULDN'T protect. But yeah...damn, that just sucked...

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2010, 06:52:58 PM »
This game was absolutely inexcusable. With an open setup like this one there is no reason to not vote for one of the two people embroiled in the cop claim conflict. Good Lord. That was an actual factual 100% guarantfuckingteed situation where someone involved was scum. Roukan vs. Affinity was not at all a guarantee and should have been placed on the back burner. huh what's flip to Roukan in particular is simply mindboggling - you knew for a fact Pesco was scum. Your vote should have been on him like glue the entire day.

Not to mention both bofh and myself staked about a billion imaginary forum bucks on Kiro being scum based on his terrible Day 1. Dude should count himself really lucky UK went ahead and docced him anyway.

The only good thing to come out of this game was Affinity getting to walk away with a win.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2010, 06:54:28 PM »
Honestly, I figured by protecting Kiro, I'd either succeed, or I'd see someone else die and gun for Kiro all day tomorrow. And had a higher than average percent chance of being right about him being scum since he wasn't killed.

Which is really quite sad.

Anyway, yeah, this game sucked. I blame inactivity and lack of critical thinking, both of which I am guilty of.