Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 90848 times)

mad

Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #870 on: May 14, 2009, 02:43:53 AM »
I'm no chivalrous man. Arreku does not have extreme arrow perception among his powers. I told you I'm less civil than Team Pirate.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
  • PM me for hot cyber action.
« Reply #871 on: May 14, 2009, 02:51:56 AM »
My god, that was hardly fair.

mad

« Reply #872 on: May 14, 2009, 02:53:53 AM »
It's called sneak attack with a silent poisoned weapon, from behind.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #873 on: May 14, 2009, 03:02:31 AM »
Etch Analysis:

Ok, it wasn't some much of a rumble as it was a capture.

Mad, I have several comments for you. First of all, you have an extremly weird mind. Second, not as civil is putting it rather lightly. Not very chivalrous? No shit sherlock. THe drugs used are not very merciful, quite frankly. However, I do not want to know what is used when Eirin is merciless.

Pedon, your first and only mistake here was that Madness went first. You'd think that someone who calls himself Madness Chaser, emphisis on Madness, he would come up with some weird-ass shit, like those drugs. You had it easier when I did the stuff, quite frankly.

Good luck in your counter-action. I can't wait to see how you get out of this one.

mad

« Reply #874 on: May 14, 2009, 03:07:55 AM »
The drug was to weaken his mental defenses to the interrogation. I really didn't see how Ahoge could have gotten the first blow seeing as how before my post, Team Lunatic was in the dining room, where many other capable warriors were.

Eirin and Jalal would attempt to sneak up on a possible intruder. Seeing as how he had a bucket-loli with him and he was already engaged with Team Pirate(admittedly with Ria having the advantage, though Jalal would expect such a person that would prompt Teams Pirate and Shakin(especially Shakin) to draw weapons would be a threat that must be dealt with), they would decide that it was safer to subdue him with a sneak attack. A silent and drugged sneak attack.

Edit: Also, I expect something related to the nightmares to pop up. If Team Ahoge starts asking questions Jalal will stab the asker with a knife and say "We are asking the questions here," with a German accent.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 03:13:11 AM by Madness Chaser »

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #875 on: May 14, 2009, 03:26:18 AM »
Well, I'm pretty pissed. I didn'nt think he was going to start of where Etch left off(I coulda sworn that I said to disregard that) instead of where I left off, which would have at least given them a sliver of a chance. And with the immediate hideous mindrape, Arreku, already being unstable, will spiral into insanity (Arreku and Kaigomi have been friends upwards of a decade, with his innocent disposition, something so much as hurting Kaigomi would send him into shock, let alone... That.), if this is gohng to be canon, Arreku will either commit suicide or join RAI, out of fear of hurting Kaigomi and Kisume. I am politely asking you to change this, or tone it down.

mad

« Reply #876 on: May 14, 2009, 03:28:32 AM »
I'll tone it down a bit and cut out Etch.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #877 on: May 14, 2009, 03:30:53 AM »
Whew, thanks.

mad

« Reply #878 on: May 14, 2009, 03:33:52 AM »
I'm pretty sure though that I specifically said the Arreku would have those nightmares wiped from his conscious mind(meaning that he cannot directly remember them while awake.)

mad

« Reply #879 on: May 14, 2009, 03:45:00 AM »
I toned it down somewhat. Is this acceptably toned down?

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #880 on: May 14, 2009, 03:53:28 AM »
You REALLY don't wanna make friends with them, do you? Can the cavity search, Arreku would be devestated. TT__TT

mad

« Reply #881 on: May 14, 2009, 03:57:38 AM »
In their mindset, a possibly hostile intruder appears. Subdue and remove anything that can possibly be a threat.

Arreku was unconscious for the body cavity search. He won't remember it. I would think that he find the OH GOD Bolts...In MY ARMS and nudity much more pressing.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #882 on: May 14, 2009, 04:04:09 AM »
Exactly... Godammit! Fine, I'll take it from here (but not without squick, that's for sure... :( )

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #883 on: May 14, 2009, 04:46:05 AM »
Next storypost Taihou is going to do:
adminlogin
spawn unreali.rocketlauncher
spawn unreali.biocannon
spawn unreali.pulsegun
spawn unreali.enhanchedshockrifle
allammo
god
fly
ghost

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #884 on: May 14, 2009, 04:46:47 AM »
Next storypost Taihou is going to do:
adminlogin
spawn unreali.rocketlauncher
spawn unreali.biocannon
spawn unreali.pulsegun
spawn unreali.enhanchedshockrifle
allammo
god
fly
ghost

I hope that was a joke.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #885 on: May 14, 2009, 04:58:47 AM »
It was indeed a joke. Heavy sarcasm. You really think I will do such thing Xan?

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #886 on: May 14, 2009, 05:43:42 AM »
You really think I will do such thing Xan?

No. But some people here seem to be having trouble getting that...
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

« Reply #887 on: May 14, 2009, 06:10:42 AM »
*slams his head against a desk* can we Get SOME consistancy here i've so far refused to post yet because people are that make no sense and are doing nonsenstical things

i know MTG says ignore it but damn gets damn annoying eventually.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #888 on: May 14, 2009, 06:39:42 AM »
*slams his head against a desk* can we Get SOME consistancy here i've so far refused to post yet because people are that make no sense and are doing nonsenstical things

i know MTG says ignore it but damn gets damn annoying eventually.

Same here.

Seriously, ignore it.

Just follow the main storyline.

Search your feelings.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #889 on: May 14, 2009, 06:48:00 AM »
I dunno, I think somethin needs to be done about it, people won't always stop doing things if you tell them 'Okay I'm just going to ignore you so don't go doing it again, y'hear!', if you want something to stop then take action, get tough, set things straight.

Unless we can trust other people not to go absolutely bat shit crazy with the main storyline.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #890 on: May 14, 2009, 07:24:31 AM »
Also a note, Anthony is not restricted by the ammo situation due to being an outsider, and already having a decent stock of ammo in his wood cabin out in the middle of the forest, which no one knows about, but then the majority of it is rubber slugs (which is like 5 boxed of rubber slug shotshells), other than that all he has is around 20 rounds for the colt derringer, and about a box of 12 guage shot shells for the shotgun (which is 25 rounds). Good thing he doesn't use the gun very much and is more used to fisticuffs.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #891 on: May 14, 2009, 07:26:15 AM »
Quote from: Xan
No. But some people here seem to be having trouble getting that...
I apologise for shocking people =.= but I am getting tired of this.

Hence why I asked MTG if this maid vs maid was a good idea. Not storywise but it does suddenly halts the posting so people can either catchup, figure out what excactly is going on and filter out people.

I seriously am still hammering on:
- Kill everybody with more than two characters in Gensokyo faction.
- Kill ANYTHING that messes up the "reality"

Can also someone explain me why the hell we got weaponry and that kind of hypertechnology. We were supose to be relying on our girls + individual powers. What the hell . . .
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 07:28:00 AM by Helepolis »

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #892 on: May 14, 2009, 08:11:30 AM »
Err, am I doin it right?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #893 on: May 14, 2009, 09:31:15 AM »
Okay.

Etch and Pedo's recent posts did not happen.

Period.

New rule: Unless otherwise specified, we have no ammo.

I am inconceivably angry about this.

I am this close to declaring the whole RP on standby until after MTG finishes finals.

Come on! Give me a reason to abuse my powers! ;D

A brief skim of this thread tells me maybe I should be reading up more often.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:42:12 AM by Pesco47 »

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #894 on: May 14, 2009, 10:43:04 AM »
Right, I'm supposed to be busy today, but the discussion thread is in an alarming state of disarray and E-mouse seems concerned so I've decided to step in. Right, Nagging time! I hate nagging, seriously, I do. But for the sake of the RPG, it must be done.

First of all, as far as I can see (through skim-reading), Pedonymous's posts so far are perfectly fine. I was thinking of some sort of comedic scene where the alarms go off and the team chases Arekku, Kaigomi, and Kisume up and down the inn, shrine, through the hot springs, through the dojo, etc. Would have been fun (if only I had the time to write it).

Etch's post was a little over the top, but the main issue is Madness' post. Am I the only one who thinks that was over the top? Would it be possible to tone that down and make it more...err...lighthearted? I would advise that you and Etch discuss it over again with everyone else. I think a chase scene would be more fun for everyone.

And Etch, get rid of that hole in the ruin roof. Seriously. I mentioned it twice - the ruins are made of a particularly strange novel material with the characteristics of both metal and stone. I doubt it'd give away to such a flimsy attack.

Right, regarding guns, let's avoid using them if at all possible. As someone up there mentioned, the point of the game is to rely on our own strengths and that of our partners. Think Fate Stay Night, Pokemon, Digimon, and stuff along those lines. Guns make things too easy. They lack honour and finesse.

I allowed it back on the Sky Ray because the environment sort of allowed for it. But at the moment we have no storage of guns or ammo. Let's pretend most of the conventional guns were destroyed when the Sky-Ray 'evolved'. The original Covenant crew didn't have much need for conventional weaponry. They used danmaku, magic, melee weapons or mana-based weaponry. If you're going to use weaponry, let them be swords or mana-based weapons. And use your common sense if you're going to use a mana-based weapon. A mana-based weapon will drain your mana. A mana machine gun would kill you as well as your target.

@Madness
The Sky-Ray's is now DEFUNCT. i.e. the Sky Ray has no source of power and thus we no longer have any use of its facilities. That is until we somehow manage to replace the mana generator. The old one's toast thanks to the dark mana. Therefore we have no ammo production facility or whatever.

@Gpop
10000 cat levels? Remember that in Touhou canon Sakuya only has about 73 cat levels. You can't be 130 times as strong as Sakuya at full strength when you claim to be a normal human being.

Let's see, anything else? Hmmm....

I'll try to post a story post later in the evening if I find the time.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #895 on: May 14, 2009, 10:50:03 AM »
Hooray, I like that idea alot better than torture and nudity... Madness, maybe there's a bit of editing to do...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #896 on: May 14, 2009, 11:07:43 AM »
Quote from: Mind the Gap
Right, regarding guns, let's avoid using them if at all possible. As someone up there mentioned, the point of the game is to rely on our own strengths and that of our partners. Think Fate Stay Night, Pokemon, Digimon, and stuff along those lines. Guns make things too easy. They lack honour and finesse.
Was me and the only weaponry that should be allowed should be katanas / knifes or other more "realistic" items. Take Koji for exampe: He had katana long before thus he carries it around. Same goes for Hirowaza's switchblade which has been around. But popping out guns in Gensokyo is seriously not making sense.

I hardly see people developing anything yet and they draw out big mofo power without straining their own body or mind, especially like MTG said when one is an ordinary human.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #897 on: May 14, 2009, 11:49:17 AM »
☢CAUTION!☢

Okay guys. Time to be a dick! Now that I think of it, I should probably explain the reason(s) for my unending rage at this sort of thing.

Three main things, plus an in-character note.

ONE: This was meant to be a 'low-powered' game from the start.

"You play as yourself" was meant to be exactly that: Plain old human dumped in Gensokyo with some modest learning from there. Not vampire demigod captain of Spaceship Yamato (for an excessive hyperbole).

The 'mana' requirements were intended to bring the whole game to this approximate level, including the lolhax residents of Gensokyo.

We've been failing at this since the start, obviously. But I've gotten the impression that MTG has tried, at least a little, to bring it back in line, or at least keep it limited. The Sky Ray demolition was a veiled, but explicit, action in this direction. More subtle is the Covenant base remaining at low power rather than handing out level 100 Yoshitsunas or, more relevantly, assault rifles.

This is to keep things interesting.

TWO: This is not an action movie. This is not a dueling arena.

We are not here to compare e-penises coming up with new and semi-plausible ways to say "I win" or "my guy is better." The story's style is not conductive to shit blowing up or guns firing off every half an hour, despite the constant diversions that apparently want it to be.

We're here to tell a story. To play with characters and their interaction, with dramatic events, and put together an interesting tale from them. 

Don't go bullshitting circles around one another. It tends to be an exercise in mutual frustration and/or annoyance, and it isn't entertaining.

THREE: This is a collaborative effort among the RPers. Yeah, you, the one reading the forum!

This means communicating with one another about what you're planning to do, and having their characters respond appropriately and reasonably. This means acknowledging the current situation in the game and taking the consequences of it into account for characters' actions.

This does NOT mean randomly filling other characters with bullets.

FOUR: This is a 'stealth' mission. We are not taking on the fucking world.

This is more of an in-character thing, and stupidity at our situation (or just me being Jer) may be an excuse, but considering that 1. we don't need to be found out and subsequently investigated or turned into lab rats in the outer world and 2. we're apparently up against someone with all of Gensokyo's power and then some at their disposal, plus plenty of high-level outer-world connections. Getting noticed would be a little like downing a few dozen active uranium grenades. I don't care if those don't exist.

Now. It's worth noting, and has made me feel very guilty, that much of my objection has come from in-character concerns that I currently cannot address, and matters of personal philosophy. But seriously. We keep going about this the wrong way far too often.

-----

...With all due respect, didn't the Sky Ray have a manufacturing facility capable of producing ammunition for said guns?

Apparently. But at this point I don't really care about this plothole.

Then again, since the ship ran on mana, wouldn't the guns have been made from it? With the ship's generator lost and the local one operating at jack-shit strength, well... basically what MTG said.

Anthony and shotguns

To be honest: 'No ammo period' was probably an overreaction. But 'clearance' for it is probably reasonable at this point.

In your case... considering the limited natural abilities, either a pistol with a good stock of ammo or a very restricted 'bigger' gun could be acceptable. Non-lethal rounds plus (very) limited ammunition could work.

Guns in general, again
Worth noting is that Japan has rather restrictive gun and weapon laws, making it unrealistic for a local to get away with it (interestingly, aside from a hunter's shotgun). Keeping them well-hidden in, say, the Covenant base, where they could only be used for extreme emergencies, would probably be a wiser idea. Unless we want the local police on our case as well as the yakuza.

---

Thread-locking

I'm not 100% certain about this, still, and I'm not the one to make the call. If MTG and a decent amount of the posters want to hold it off for a while, then maybe - but right now, no.

Not to mention style.

GPop mana plothole/"what"
I have a possible plug for this, but I'm not sure if it'd work. Gpop, if you have an explanation in mind already, care to PM it to me and MTG?

oh on that note about characters...
While I understand not wanting to put every detail about your characters in your profile post to keep some surprises for other players, the GM should really know if there's anything that might be important to the main plot.

Of course, MTG has more than enough on his plate right now, but it could have helped if MTG has a good idea of what he's dealing with.

I also support the idea of "profile approval" to ensure that characters are reasonably appropriate to the setting and story.

Right then. Time to mope for causing so much drama.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #898 on: May 14, 2009, 11:59:48 AM »
Alright, I'm not posting any more until we figure out how we're going to integrate Ahoge into the Gensokyo faction (With as little bloodshed, rape, or mind-destroying as possible, thank you very much.)

I designed Arreku as a sweet, loving and sensitive character, being treated like this from the very beginning is just unacceptable.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #899 on: May 14, 2009, 12:00:52 PM »
Ok then, this works, so just either natural abilities, melee weapons, mana based weapons, or conviential weapons like guns but limited to civilian class guns like a hunter's shotgun, with non-leathal ammo.
I can work with this, and I'll change a few things to adjust my character to this later since I can't do too much at school.