Author Topic: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Game Over  (Read 68661 times)

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
Re: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #540 on: January 23, 2010, 02:26:02 AM »
Uh, what Serp just said isn't praiseworthy.

Quote from: Serp
The fact that everyone seems to be considering him confirmed only makes this more worrying for me.  Alice is a good enough player to type up walls of completely valid points about how the evidence suggests that other players look like scum, even if he knows that they'll actually flip town.  The only way to catch him as scum is to look not for a scummy mindset, 'cause he'd never be clumsy enough to show that, but to look for scummy tactics, and this is one thing I don't think Alice would do as town.  His eloquence may look pro-town, but the only pro-town action he's been part of is the case against Chaore, and in retrospect, Chaore wasn't going to make it through LyLo anyway.

It looks to me like scum gave up a sacrificial lamb early on in order to let them lead us around by the nose for the rest of the game while they pick us all off.  I really hope this isn't just frustrated paranoia, but I see Alice riding too high for a game that's gone this far south, and that sets my alarm bells ringing a lot louder than the bad play I've seen elsewhere in this game.

Bold is mine. Does this not essentially boil down to "Guys, nobody is suspicious of Alice so I'm being suspicious of him?"

Also, since Chaore is the only scum lynched so far, what other 'pro-town' activities out there have others been part of that seperate people from Alice?

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: RosenKreuzStilette Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #541 on: January 23, 2010, 02:27:48 AM »
Why do you need to comment on that?

Already explained. Recognizing the situation I'm in. If you can't accept that I can't really counter you.

It wasn't a pro town thing to say, I understand.

However, comparing that to what Sodium said? Not going to work. They are fundamentally different. Sodium's comment was directly on a NIGHT KILL. Sorta a feeling that he needs to disavow responsability for it. Mine was after a VIG kill, and not necessarily lampshading an unexpected result, merely the fact it makes me look bad.

If you have nothing better than that than I fear you need to look elsewhere.

Carth ninja: I hope you noted the fact I think he's trying to do a refuge in audacity, and it doesn't work, at least not on me.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #542 on: January 23, 2010, 06:14:21 AM »
Basically posting to say that I'm here.
I read everything, but my mind is so gone right now I'll have to think and reread before I can legitimately post...

Replacement for Arashi is nice to have... as is time extension...

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #543 on: January 23, 2010, 02:12:40 PM »
I don't really follow refuge in audacity since Serp hasn't done anything audacious just now. Still, his non-case in his last post and the plausibility of dual-train-lynch-go-baiting on day 2 is enough to make consider him lynchworthy.

I'd still rather lynch Jam because unlike her, I don't find his day1play terribly scummy. Further elaboration on Jam or persuing her feels like it'd be fruitless though.

Who is considering a Jamlynch?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #544 on: January 23, 2010, 02:26:12 PM »
I don't really follow refuge in audacity since Serp hasn't done anything audacious just now. Still, his non-case in his last post and the plausibility of dual-train-lynch-go-baiting on day 2 is enough to make consider him lynchworthy.

It's a technical call. I mean, it's not absolutely crazy to attack Alice, but given the fact most of us DO consider Alice rather pro town, for a scum it's a rather crazy attack to make, especially if you can't back it up very much, which obviously he can't.

Essentially I'm up for a Serp or Sodium lynch for the time being. I could be convinced of a Jam lynch, but I'd feel bad about it, in the sense that I dislike lynching a newbie for exhibiting a ton of newbie tells. But, again, newbs can be scum too, and the echoing isn't the best way to do things.

EvilTom

• Reimu is always welcome on /d/
« Reply #545 on: January 23, 2010, 04:10:44 PM »
EDIT: Zakeri responded to his prod saying he was writing up a post.
So... is he ever going to post? :\

@Serp: How do you rate the reaction to your vote on Alice, particularly from Alice and UK. If you think Alice is scum, who else do you think is scum?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #546 on: January 23, 2010, 04:18:17 PM »
Kilga, this is getting kind of silly.

It's now been over 4 days since Zakeri posted.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #547 on: January 23, 2010, 07:27:52 PM »
Yeah, I think that's enough time.

Zakeri has been modkilled for inactivity. His flip will take place at the end of the day.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #548 on: January 23, 2010, 09:14:32 PM »
Quote from: UK, 330
However, if Kanako were to flip scum, Sodium being lynched is possibly a decent idea, pending a few things.
Quote from: UK, 451
Rereading this, it feels like a protection of Sodium. contrasted with the Kanako attack, I'm not getting good vibes from either Serpy or Sody.
Quote from: UK, 451
this post, while better then most previous posts, has one problem. Where's Sodium in it? Where are a lot of players, but definitely sodium.
Uh, yeah. Both "this" links from your 451 were to Serp's posts btw.

Oh, and I still don't get how "lolwut@PescoNK" is bragging of all things. funny-because-it's-uncommon-and-unexpected, joke, etc. It was even in it's own section, and if you've noticed, I seperate things with "---" usually when it's not serious.

Edible: You didn't answer my first question. I'm just going to ignore that last part with the jumbled words then.
as he is wont to do as scum.
^------Ignoring that then
so I'm left with
Sodium is probably scum, as he is basing his cases around convenience instead of evidence
Proof? Show how my votes were for convenience.

Rou: Nothing I said was really vote worthy, and I was tired. Oh, and I'm conflicted on certain things. Needed some more thinking time. No Vote > Not Well Thought Out Vote, especially because it wasn't that close to deadline yet.

bofh: What I don't get is why scumCarth would bother asking his buddy that question, especially considering that Chaore was shown to not be the sharpest tool in the shed. Unless they failed to communicate of course, which is a real possibility when factoring in how confusing Chaore was.

Serp: Why so paranoid? Also, too townie to be town?

Carth: Didn't vote Chaore because by the time I could choose from "stay on Zak" "Move to Chaore" or "Move to Kanako", Chaore was going to get lynched anyways, and I felt like staying on Zak.

Jam: You going to post anything useful today?

So anyways, I think Serp is scum because:
-Serp's attempt at a Kanako wagon(town) to beat Chaore's(scum)
-Serp's general oddness (How2falseclaim, oddly paranoid, etc.)
-He's playing like he was in Invasion. Similar first posts, and his Alice vote reminds me of his last two in that game. (he was scum in that)
-somewhat lurky(doesn't include the time he wasn't actually able to post)

##Vote Serpentarius

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #549 on: January 23, 2010, 09:38:30 PM »
Ok, looks like I did tie you to him. But never did I say you were town were he to flip town.

Do you have any issue with the ways I've tied you to Serp?

Oh, and I still don't get how "lolwut@PescoNK" is bragging of all things. funny-because-it's-uncommon-and-unexpected, joke, etc. It was even in it's own section, and if you've noticed, I seperate things with "---" usually when it's not serious.

As with the "I should vote myself thing" I caught flak for, why did you say it in the first place?

Either way Sodium, I note you don't mention me in your analysis outside the top when I'm assumably a viable case target. Why not?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #550 on: January 23, 2010, 09:59:14 PM »
Serp's case on Alice smells somewhat of paranoia, but given that Alice's stance on UK was 'I don't like it, but I'll declare that most of the points are good' it might be worth at least considering. Besides all the crap she pulled D1/2, her lynch gives us a good deal of info on both Alice and Carth.

Not having the best day to say the least, so I'm afraid this is my last post until deadline. Sticking to the UK lynch for the reasons above.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #551 on: January 23, 2010, 10:30:23 PM »
Day 3 Vote Chart

Serpentarius (1): UncertainKitten, Sodium
UncertainKitten (3): Roukanken, EvilTom, Kerigis, Arashi/Excal
EvilTom (1): Jam-Kiske
Jam-Kiske (1): Carthrat
Sodium (2): UncertainKitten, Edible, Alice Margatroid
Roukanken (0): Excal
Alice Margatroid (1): Serpentarius

No vote cast: Zakeri, Alice, Excal

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have <5 hours to vote. Time's running out!

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

« Reply #552 on: January 23, 2010, 10:36:21 PM »
Serp: Why so paranoid? Also, too townie to be town?

I made the same observation about Alice at some point.  I'm so used to Alice lurking, active contributions just throw me off.  I dunno.

I'm not a fan of the UK lynch, but this day's been annoying to the point where I can't find a better one.  My other choice would have been Zakeri, but he's toast.  I guess Serp's the next-best, but I still have more suspicions of Sodium.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #553 on: January 23, 2010, 10:54:36 PM »
Grargh, time running out.

Of the 3 people who potentially could be lynched today...I'm currently thinking Serp = Sodium > UK. I find it interesting to note that after Serp's bizarre non-case on me he said he was going to produce more content, and somehow has yet to do so. Also, the D1 wagon shift is still unsettling me every time I think about it, and on top of that he's played the entire game quite safely.

Sodium Acetate has bothered me for the usual things that Sodium Aspartate bothers me for: lurking, worthless-posting, general lack of content and garbage cases. The point on Carth D1 is the sole interesting thing he brought up this entire game, imho. I'm not sure how well-tied his D1 play to Zakeri is, though. Obviously if Zakeri flips Scum, Sodium is less likely to be Scum, but the converse is not true: a couple games ago, donut threw off my (admittedly quite crappy) Scumdar by voting for Kilga (who ended the day with 1 vote from Donut, and was NK'd a bit later) and staying on him, avoiding the main D1 wagon which was the usual sort of complete idiot Townie.

So yeah. Both have quite a bit on them. Going to do another quick once-over on the game and then vote (shouldn't take me more than an hour).

Fairly neutral on the UK lynch. There's enough there for me to be suspicious of her, but as I've said earlier namedrops by Scum are generally to be ignored for WIFOM potential, and there's just enough about her earlygame play that doesn't make all that much sense for a Scum-UK. It's a good informational lynch as more than a couple people have tied themselves to her, but there's enough uncertainty (har) there that when combined with an impending modkill of Zakeri and the rather disastrous D2 yesterday, I'm a bit wary of lynching her.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #554 on: January 23, 2010, 11:05:15 PM »
As I said, I support a Serp lynch. Lets go

##Unvote, ##Vote Serpentarius

Alice, if you vote it'll tie it. If Edible would be so kind we could kinda not lynch me by voting Serp.

EvilTom

• Reimu is always welcome on /d/
« Reply #555 on: January 23, 2010, 11:29:10 PM »
Serp indicated he'd be posting again.. I'd like to see that. Disappearing when facing the hammer is scumtastic (although he still isn't leading).

UK, why did you wait till now to vote. Has Sodium cleared up for you any?

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #556 on: January 23, 2010, 11:37:55 PM »
##Unvote, ##Vote: Serp

Quote from: UK
As I said, I support a Serp lynch. Lets go

Won't be around for hammer, unfortunately.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #557 on: January 23, 2010, 11:42:11 PM »
Day 3 Vote Chart

Serpentarius (3): UncertainKitten, Sodium, UncertainKitten, Carthrat
Jam-Kiske (0): Carthrat
Sodium (1): UncertainKitten, Edible, Alice Margatroid

No vote cast: Zakeri, Alice, Excal

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have 3.5 hours to vote. Time's running out!

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #558 on: January 24, 2010, 12:19:03 AM »
Serp indicated he'd be posting again.. I'd like to see that. Disappearing when facing the hammer is scumtastic (although he still isn't leading).

UK, why did you wait till now to vote. Has Sodium cleared up for you any?

I supported either lynch. I don't think it inconceivable they are scum together. It seems like most of the active people support a Serp lynch. Edible might have preferred Sodium, but Alice and Carth both have a marked preference for Serp, and IIRC I voted Serp at first but went to Sodium because Serp was kinda forced to be inactive by web issues. Since he's back, and didn't do much to improve him image, he's a very viable vote.

Consider it extra information, ET, since it effectively forced me to swing a vote.

To answer the question you directly asked, no, Sodium looks terribad.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #559 on: January 24, 2010, 12:43:59 AM »
...huh? Overreaction, much?
Can I listen to why is such a line really terrible to you? The rest of his post is bland, yes I agree, but it looks like you're throwing fireworks just for that line.
Bragging, or really, even mentioning the previous night's NK is a surprisingly reliable Scumtell. imho, it makes no sense for it to be one, but in the past someone mentioning this is far more likely to be Scum than Town. I believe it's because Scum wants to call attention to their handiwork, whereas Town would note an NK and move on, especially as it was an NK of a VT.

(Before anyone asks, trying to meta-out information on Scum based off of who they NK is completely unreliable, don't do it, I will yell at you.)

It wouldn't be that much of an issue if it was an isolated occurence, but it's not as if this is the only point against Sodium Malate.

On the one hand, Serp did have reduced access for a good time period. On the other hand, his only thing to do once he got access again is to post a non-case on me and then vanish? Reading over his past couple posts:

#362 is probably the principal D2 Serp post. FWIW, I'm nocturnal myself, despite this I've done a decent job at posting more than one post/day phase in this game, so that's no excuse. It's interesting that he finds me fine then, when he's pleased that both NEETz and Kanako are going to be lynched, and then switches to a paranoia-based case attacking me today. He also seems to have a strong implication that Zakeri is Scum.

At the same time, he goes for NEETz/Kanako over Zakeri, but I suppose this is slightly understandable. I'm still unconvinced that Zakeri would try to bus fellow Scum in the first post of the day phase, but it's in theory possible.

Overall, though, he seems quite adamant that both NEETz and Kanako are Scum during D2. That plus his strange attack today makes me wonder...wouldn't Scum-Serp find it a lot easier to find a case that's believable and that stuck, over the one he posted today? Overall I don't get a Scummy feeling from #362, which is in sharp contrast to...

Serpentarius #216: It's possible that he just didn't think Chaore is Scummy. Around the same time, I didn't think so either. However, I'm not really buying his defence. My logic was a Too Scummy to be Scum argument. Serp actually tries to clear Chaore:
Quote from: Serpentarius
Alice produces some great reasoning for why Chaore's logic is bad in post 180, but I'm not seeing any scummy intent in said bad logic.  The most suspicious thing I see from Chaore is that he flipflopped on his stance on UD, and that's pretty well justified by the fact that Chaore believed UD's gambit was a townie one, and UD started denying that he had been trying to use a gambit in the first place between posts 113 and 148.  If you're looking for scummy opportunistic bandwagoning, I'd say that Kanako is a worse offender.
Really? So what about the flailing, and the nonsense statements, and the proof that Chaore was actually not reading the game?

Again though, it's the timing that bothers me more: after Carth's vote, the Chaore wagon was in full swing, and it was at this time that he tried to move to Kanako.

So...there's a possibility for Scum, yet enough things don't add up here that make me a bit unnerved. Combined with the fact that he did an excellent job tying himself to Zakeri D2 makes me think that optimally we should consider him lynching the next day AFTER the Zakeri flip. At the same time, a lot of Zakeri's actions only make sense as Town, and Serp putting nice and convincing cases on 3 suckers D2 is entirely plausible for a Scum-Serp.

Interestingly, while going over this reread I've become extremely unnerved of Arashi: in post#467 she attempts to tie herself to me a bit, and despite offering more showing that Sodium is Scummy, votes UK principally because UK has more posts! This is kind of...backwards, really. I've already summarized my opinion of her D1 posts, and in general there's just something that unnerves me about her a lot. I'm going to have to keep a very close eye on Excal once he finally starts posting.

A Jam lynch wouldn't be terrible, but at the same time there's so little content that I'm not sure if she'll go the way of Nietz/Kanako as well. I mean there are so many worthless lurkers in this game that I'm pretty sure at least one of them is guaranteed to be Scum simply from a statistical viewpoint, but...eh.

Sodium Bicarbonate actually bothers me the most. His latest post is still quite horrible, but at least it provides some semblance of an original case which actually has some small amounts of actual *reasoning*! I'm still not sure if he's trying to contribute more, or if he's realising he's behaving extremely Scummy and attempting to correct that. In any order, Serp flipping Town would be extremely bad news for him, whereas Sodium flipping Town wouldn't do anything for Serp's status (Interestingly enough, however, Serp has not mentioned Sodium as being Scummy in any of his posts, and even goes as far as to defend him D1 from the Kanako template of "worthless poster" principally because of his useless case on Zakeri, and then later in D2 attacks Zakeri: again, is Serp giving Sodium Towniepoints(TM) simply because he thinks Zakeri is Scum, or is he giving him Towniepoints(TM) because they are Scumbuddies?).

Also, his latest post actually reads a lot like a SodiumBus. But if it's a bus, that means that Serp has to be Scum as well.

Hm.

Hmm...

There's enough there to unnerve me of a Serp lynch, and I'd prefer a Sodium one. But as there's really not much time left in the day, ##Vote: Serpentarius

Bleh, I'm getting GWU Mafia D4 vibes from this entire day phase. But in that case who is the SIFOM? UK? Somehow, I STILL get the feeling I'm missing something obvious here.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

« Reply #560 on: January 24, 2010, 01:07:05 AM »
I only managed to get up to post 225 of my reread anyway.
I apologize and wish everyone luck.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #561 on: January 24, 2010, 02:02:05 AM »
UK: Not particularly, but I felt that you're basically hopping from one *insert probable scum lynch* to *another probable scum lynch* to link me to.

Meh, I think that a Serp lynch is better then a UK one right now, and the case on UK seems to attract people who spew out the same thing(OMG why did u say dat, obvscum ololol VOAT UNKNOWN KANGAROO), and then don't post again for a large portion of the day. This does not include Rou, btw. Basically, I'm avoiding that particular case because the people who jumped on it seem to be looking for the easy lynch, after Rou and K4U made the case.

Oh, and
Quote from: UK
I don't think it inconceivable they are scum together.
Pretty obvious, seeing as you said outright how suspicious Serp leaving me out of his posts were.

bofh:
Quote from: Alice
I'm still not sure if he's trying to contribute more, or if he's realising he's behaving extremely Scummy and attempting to correct that.
These concepts are not mutually exclusive. One could even argue that they're connected. I'm trying both, you see.

No sign of Serp. =V
---(JOKES)
Oh shit, a SodiumBus. It'd be wise not to go near water. Or anything, really. 

Hi Zak.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #562 on: January 24, 2010, 02:36:20 AM »
Day 3 Vote Chart

Serpentarius (4): UncertainKitten, Sodium, UncertainKitten, Carthrat, Alice Margatroid

No vote cast: Zakeri, Excal

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. You have 41 minutes to vote. Time's running out!

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #563 on: January 24, 2010, 02:48:09 AM »
UK: Not particularly, but I felt that you're basically hopping from one *insert probable scum lynch* to *another probable scum lynch* to link me to.

Well, the connections were there so yeah...

Not sure I like the "Yeah, I'm avoiding that wagon because the people on it look terrible", but admittedly, you at least admit Serp is a better lynch than I.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #564 on: January 24, 2010, 03:07:47 AM »
10 minutes!

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #565 on: January 24, 2010, 03:11:42 AM »
Couple o' things before the hammah:

So we have two flips of the day, a little resume on my PoV

-First case, Zak scum and Serp town, then a proper read on who supported Zak would take place.

-Second case, Zak town and Serp scum, given that Serp passed a little "under the radar" except for the tips on Chaore, It would be interesting on who pointed it out and who let it go by.

-Third case, if both flip scum (unlikely, but throwing it in nevertheless), then we get to dance around and throw confetti. That is, if there are three scum in total.

-Fourth case, if both flip town, I'm gonna flip the coffee table. In which case, the most important thing to look would be the Serp train and give a thoughtful re-read on how it developed. Given that it's not gonna be a full-hammer lynch, but a time-limit one (unless ninjaz happen), it should be quicker to narrow the possible scum.

Powerup punchin'!

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #566 on: January 24, 2010, 03:13:31 AM »
4 minutes!

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #567 on: January 24, 2010, 03:18:01 AM »
DEADLINE SHUT UP

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #568 on: January 24, 2010, 03:20:48 AM »
Final Day 3 Vote Chart

Serpentarius (4): UncertainKitten, Sodium, UncertainKitten, Carthrat, Alice Margatroid

No vote cast: Zakeri, Excal

Serpentarius, playing Schirach Fühler (Bulletproof, TOWN-ALIGNED) got hammerspaced!

Zakeri, playing Luste Teuber (Vanilla, TOWN-ALIGNED) just spaced out!

It is now Night 3. All with night actions, please send them in.

Edible

« Reply #569 on: January 24, 2010, 03:30:17 AM »
if both flip town, I'm gonna flip the coffee table