Author Topic: Super Touhou RPG ~ Abandoned due to mod (Pesco's) screwups  (Read 57713 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Super Touhou RPG ~ Day 3 Tent Ankles
« Reply #210 on: October 18, 2009, 09:04:48 PM »

4.  Who would you point that spellcard at if you got a chance to shoot the load off?

5.  Who would you point that spellcard at if it's not Roukanken?

If I got the chance and I wasn't leaving it to town, probably Serpy. I think he can take the damage and the ability would be quite useful.

EDIT:  Okay, nice.  Pick a lurker, either Edible or Affinity.  You know who I'd pick.

That's one anyway

6.  Is that what the spellcard actually does?

As I said, I have no idea what "Something" is. I would HOPE, it being a spellcard, it's alignment. You know, a one shot to get something random like HP or abilities would suck SO HARD.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #211 on: October 18, 2009, 09:05:39 PM »
Oh, btw, I screwed up.

I can't activate my card yet.

As such, I am at one life. Think VERY carefully about killing me, please, if I'm not already dead.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2009, 09:06:39 PM »
EBWOP: Actually, if you agree with me using my spellcard tomorrow and have a good target, I'd actually appreciate a heal.

After that I really don't care what you do to me.

« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2009, 09:14:30 PM »
Oh, btw, I screwed up.

I can't activate my card yet.

As such, I am at one life. Think VERY carefully about killing me, please, if I'm not already dead.

Umm ... Fuck.

If it's an investigation of some sort, then it really really would have been nice to know that before I attacked. Especially since you just now said your activation doesn't start until the phase turn.

This is a bigger screw up than you realize.  :-[

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2009, 09:16:04 PM »
Umm ... Fuck.

If it's an investigation of some sort, then it really really would have been nice to know that before I attacked. Especially since you just now said your activation doesn't start until the phase turn.

This is a bigger screw up than you realize.  :-[

I misread, ok?

I thought it was an ability steal. I know I screwed up badly. I seem to have been doing a lot of that lately.

Don't tell me you hit for two damage...

Or more.

We really need to heal me if this is the case.

And yes, I also misunderstood activation/usage.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
  • Trying to be an engineer
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2009, 09:20:49 PM »
A morally ambiguous situation in which making the wrong choice can be utterly detrimental to the town?  One where if I do stand up for UK and something goes badly, I shall be a martyr of no cause?  A damned townie?  Or where I can finally prove that healing may in fact be what truly helps the town?  Where my efforts in saving UK will ultimately lead to the first Mafia kill?

##Heal UK if spellcard does not activate.

We've got all of the time in the world, I can wait two days to see what UK pulls out.

« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2009, 09:21:13 PM »
Don't tell me you hit for two damage...

Yes, this is sort of why I put the embarrassed smiley face in my post. :(

My attack is one, however if I fulfill a certain condition, I can double my attack for the day. So, there is in fact a tangible difference between when I vote to pressure and when I vote to lynch.

I'm pretty sure healing doesn't work once you hit 0HP, but could we please get one on her?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2009, 09:24:03 PM »
Tewi says healing counts no matter what my HP is.

My attack is one, however if I fulfill a certain condition, I can double my attack for the day. So, there is in fact a tangible difference between when I vote to pressure and when I vote to lynch.

I understand.

A morally ambiguous situation in which making the wrong choice can be utterly detrimental to the town?  One where if I do stand up for UK and something goes badly, I shall be a martyr of no cause?  A damned townie?  Or where I can finally prove that healing may in fact be what truly helps the town?  Where my efforts in saving UK will ultimately lead to the first Mafia kill?

##Heal UK if spellcard does not activate.

Thank you.

Actually, saving me has benefits regardless of my alignment given my spellcard.

If I'm scum, you at least have an extra piece of information. If I'm town, you (hopefully) have an innocent or a guilty.

Honestly...I really apologize for screwing up so badly on that level with misreading my role PM...well, misremembering.

But at any rate, when I flip you will probably be vindicated. I mean, assuming we kill me after my spellcard goes off.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #218 on: October 18, 2009, 09:25:20 PM »
Quote from: D2 Phase Change
UK has taken 1 damage
T_T

We've got all of the time in the world, I can wait two days to see what UK pulls out.
Why are we so sure we have all the time in the world, exactly? T_T

UK's latest reasoning is bullshit. It implies that if she's scum she'd be telling the TRUTH about whatever info she got. So yeah, I'd still rather we lynched her ASAP, but no-one listens to me. T_T

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #219 on: October 18, 2009, 09:27:40 PM »
UK's latest reasoning is bullshit. It implies that if she's scum she'd be telling the TRUTH about whatever info she got. So yeah, I'd still rather we lynched her ASAP, but no-one listens to me. T_T

That actually doesn't matter.

Because if I do get an alignment, if I say someone is scum who isn't, well, you lose a townie and get a scum in exchange. That's a fair trade. If I say someone is town who isn't, well, you get less information, of course, but you can to a degree use my connections to decide if I'm more likely lying or not.

It's less benefit to leave me alive as scum than as town, yes, I agree.

But I argue there is still benefit regardless of my alignment. I also know that I'm town and will give you a true result. I also plan to be killed after I use it. Unless you all find reason to spare me.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #220 on: October 18, 2009, 09:30:49 PM »
When the alternative is getting a scum for nothing? Yeah that's bad.

Forgive me for not blindly wanting to follow the cop. T_T

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #221 on: October 18, 2009, 09:32:49 PM »
When the alternative is getting a scum for nothing? Yeah that's bad.

Forgive me for not blindly wanting to follow the cop. T_T

Heh, it's even worse than that.

We don't even know if I'm a cop per se. My ability is worded as such to be ambiguous. I'm merely guessing.

But I told you a paraphrase of the wording, so there's that.

There's the fact you DO NOT KNOW my alignment, tunneling aside. You'd be losing a townie with an interesting ability if you killed me. Thus far I've failed to convince you of that. At any rate, it's probably safer to heal me and at least get a result before I die.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Super Touhou RPG ~ Day 4 Hurt me some more
« Reply #222 on: October 18, 2009, 09:34:55 PM »
Ramus has taken 2 damage
UK has taken 6 damage
Umu has taken 1 damage
Serp has taken 3 damage
Edible has taken 2 damage
Nietz has taken -2 damage

It is now Day 4.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #223 on: October 18, 2009, 09:36:00 PM »
So I lived!

Yay

1 life ftw!

I'm not putting up the spellcard til I have a target. Even if I'm killed it won't take effect til the end of D4 if I understand properly.

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #224 on: October 18, 2009, 09:36:41 PM »
Why are we so sure we have all the time in the world, exactly? T_T

Because no one has been shot yet.  So, there for statistics say that no one will get shot ever until someone is actually shot in which then we haul ass.  Until then, hakuna matata, take it is.  In fact, it might be viable to tie the game.

Hey ho, the way I've look at it, you're just angry at UK for a OMGUS.  I personally just see it as a townie doing very poorly.

EDIT:  PUT ON THE SPELLCARD IDIOT.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #225 on: October 18, 2009, 09:38:41 PM »
EBWOP: Oh...wait...if I died today I wouldn't be able to say my results when I use the spellcard...

I guess basically we'll just have to make sure I stay on the brink of death by end of day.

When town has mostly agreed on a target I'll fire it off so it doesn't get wasted.

EDIT:  PUT ON THE SPELLCARD IDIOT.

Bad idea. If I get targetted, by say...Rou, who WOULD take out my spellcard in one hit, all this work would be for naught.

I will hit it after we have a target. Understand?

« Reply #226 on: October 18, 2009, 09:41:45 PM »
alright, so things turned out like this after all.

I'm starting to calm down now. I don't think we should lynch UK until we get an investigation from her. If she ends up being town, we know we have an accurate result, and if she ends up being scum, then we can safely ignore it.

for now, I'm taking a break. I've tired myself out for today worrying.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #227 on: October 18, 2009, 09:43:20 PM »
alright, so things turned out like this after all.

I'm starting to calm down now. I don't think we should lynch UK until we get an investigation from her. If she ends up being town, we know we have an accurate result, and if she ends up being scum, then we can safely ignore it.

for now, I'm taking a break. I've tired myself out for today worrying.

I'm sorry, Zak. I didn't mean to cause so much trouble :S.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #228 on: October 18, 2009, 09:48:24 PM »
Why is everyone assuming we're getting an investigation, exactly? Rather than her, say, charging a vig shot?

Also, people, do some math. Total damage UK's taken so far = 4 + 1 + 6 = 11. And ALL of that was before she activated her spellcard, so she's talking bull.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #229 on: October 18, 2009, 09:52:08 PM »
Why is everyone assuming we're getting an investigation, exactly? Rather than her, say, charging a vig shot?

Also, people, do some math. Total damage UK's taken so far = 4 + 1 + 6 = 11. And ALL of that was before she activated her spellcard, so she's talking bull.

How about you do some math and count how many times I've been healed

Not once

Not twice

Not three times

But FOUR

Now, dearest Rou, while I know you are a denizen of Cirno's perfect Math Classroom, even YOU should be able to do this one.

What is 11-4?

Now, take that result, let's call it x.

What is 8-x?

I'll thank you to pay more attention in the future.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #230 on: October 18, 2009, 09:52:39 PM »
Yeah, I'm thinking that we should at least keep UncertainKitten alive long enough to report a result.  Even if she's scum and this spellcard is actually a powerful attack, I'm not in danger of dying unless its damage is really high, and I doubt that anyone else is in danger either.  Since we've basically picked UncertainKitten to be lynched, I think we shouldn't bring anyone else to low HP 'till this issue is resolved.

Rou:  We have confirmation as of this morning that UK has six damage on her.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #231 on: October 18, 2009, 09:53:26 PM »
Yeah, I'm thinking that we should at least keep UncertainKitten alive long enough to report a result.  Even if she's scum and this spellcard is actually a powerful attack, I'm not in danger of dying unless its damage is really high, and I doubt that anyone else is in danger either.  Since we've basically picked UncertainKitten to be lynched, I think we shouldn't bring anyone else to low HP 'till this issue is resolved.

7 actually.

I'm at one life unless I HORRIBLY miscalculated.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #232 on: October 18, 2009, 09:59:30 PM »

Hmm, but there is an inconsistency among damage counts. u? counted total damage without heals on D2 as far as I can tell. Pesco counted damage-heals.

Nah we're consistent

What a twist!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:01:00 PM by Pes-co-mod »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #233 on: October 18, 2009, 10:01:42 PM »
Oh...wait. That's a tallied count? I thought it was just the damage/healing done over the day. :/

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #234 on: October 18, 2009, 10:02:38 PM »
Then...hmm...let me recount.

Oh...wait. That's a tallied count? I thought it was just the damage/healing done over the day. :/

Oh wait...is it?

Then I misunderstood again :S...

Argh...let me recount a few things...

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #235 on: October 18, 2009, 10:03:38 PM »
The previous damage count has been independently verified and is accurate.

All damage counts are final tallies of how many HP each player has gained/lost overall.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #236 on: October 18, 2009, 10:06:32 PM »

Yanno what? Both you and I are idiots Rou.

Me for misunderstanding both vote counts and where you were getting your numbers, and you for misunderstanding damage counts.

Further, where did I miscount my damage? I thought I'd been attacked for 7, not 6 :S

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #237 on: October 18, 2009, 10:10:40 PM »
Oh wow, so you technically get invincibility until the end of the day.  That's generally bad for town but not in this case.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #238 on: October 18, 2009, 10:12:42 PM »
Oh wow, so you technically get invincibility until the end of the day.  That's generally bad for town but not in this case.

You didn't know that?

Or do you mean with spellcards. Remember ,damage spills over if the shield is broken.

Ramus, did you ever say you heal for 2 or something? I vaguely remember something like this but I'm not sure :S

Ramus

• The Knightly Wizard
« Reply #239 on: October 18, 2009, 10:16:26 PM »
I don't heal for two.  Alas, despite being the kind of person I am, I only get to heal for 1 HP.  But who cares about the math. You're alive, yes?

Let's get those votes in people:

Affinity: 1 (Ramus)
Serp: 1 (UK?)

Who do you want investigated?