Author Topic: Space Fairy Quest - The Legend of the Red Shirt (Complete)  (Read 31292 times)

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
Re: Space Fairy Quest - The Legend of the Red Shirt
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2013, 10:27:30 AM »
>"Eh? You beat Golden Delicious?" Blackwing seems puzzled momentarily. "Was she plannin' a mutiny? Cause if so I'd be willin' tae reward ye."

> When in doubt, lie our face off.
> "Yes, sir! Mutiny, sir. So much mutiny you wouldn't believe, sir!"

« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2013, 10:34:48 AM »
"...Does a mutiny taste good?"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2013, 08:09:56 PM »
"...Does a mutiny taste good?"
>"Wotsat? You thinkin' ae throwin' another mutiny on me ship?" Blackwing glares at you, her eyes suddenly catching fire. "Cause if ye are, I'll have tae come up with somethin' really mean tae do tae ye...like stick ye in the washing machine along with the dirty dresses."  She looks away for a minute. "...Actually, that's a good idea. I need tae write that down sometime."

> When in doubt, lie our face off.
> "Yes, sir! Mutiny, sir. So much mutiny you wouldn't believe, sir!"
> "Oh, aye?"
Blackwing pulls out a small radio from the pocket of her jacket. "Delicious! I've got a recruit here sayin' that ye were throwin' a mutiny! How do ye plead?"
From the other side of the radio you hear a muffled cry of defiance. Seems like Delicious still doesn't have the tray off her face yet.
"Whazzat? Nothin' tae say fer yerself?" Blackwing squeezes the radio so hard it almost smashes. "I'll be talking tae ye after takeoff, Delicious. I'm gonnae have the privates mop the decks with yer hair, y'hear me?!"
Her rant complete, she returns the radio to its rightful place. "Good call, young'un. C'mon, I've got somethin' tae show ye." She walks off into the ship, beckoning you to follow. "And ye can keep that wooden stick a' yers. Consider it a trophy fer yer victory."

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2013, 09:30:11 PM »
> give a shiny-sounding name to our  newly acquired weapon
> how proficient are fairies at using weapons anyway?

>follow the shinie- the cap stain

Fightest

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2013, 07:52:32 AM »
> give a shiny-sounding name to our  newly acquired weapon

> What was once a spatula must be called a Sparkler! That sounds pretty shiny.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2013, 03:23:52 PM »
> how proficient are fairies at using weapons anyway?
> You're not very good at killing people, if that's what you're getting at. Fairies have a natural habit of turning everything they touch into a non-lethal weapon, for reasons no-one has really been able to figure out. That said, you're VERY good at knocking people out.

> What was once a spatula must be called a Sparkler! That sounds pretty shiny.
> You have acquired the Sparkler! This is definitely not an over-elaborate name for what is now just a piece of wood.

>follow the shinie- the cap stain
>You follow the captain through the ship, eventually arriving at the bridge. There are dozens of screens and consoles across the room, though most of them are just painted on. In the main screen in the center, you can see Ada checking over the ship's condition one more time before take-off.
"This be me base of operations," Blackwing says as she takes a seat in front of the console. She pushes a button, and a map of stars fills the screen. "And this here is me trusty Galaxy Map. Helps me tell me Alphas from me Centauris."
The map is colour-coded, you see - a blue region spans out from around the Fairy Kingdom's planet, marking traversed territory. Dangerous areas are marked in red - typically outposts of other races.
"And what we're here for is this stuff." Blackwing points at an even further region, that's just plain black. "The great unknown, where ye can find shinies as big as yer head. Maybe."
The captain looks back at you, her one visible eye lightening a bit. "How'd ye like a spot on the field team if we scout a new planet? Normally I wouldn't give this position tae a recruit, but with all yer mutiny stoppin' I figure ye deserve a chance at glory."

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2013, 06:21:39 PM »
>Is the cap stain Sco'ish?
>Are there any green or yellow areas of the map?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2013, 10:43:16 PM »
>"That's the team who finds the giant shinies?!"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2013, 10:03:22 AM »
>Is the cap stain Sco'ish?
>Are there any green or yellow areas of the map?
>Not Scottish in particular...
>Sadly there are not enough colours on this map. One distant corner has been scribbled over with green pen and the words GALAXY OF BUTTS, but you suspect that might not be accurate.

>"That's the team who finds the giant shinies?!"
>"Aye. And the giant monsters, too, but that's not a problem mosta the time."

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2013, 01:36:16 PM »
> "Will I get to get shot lots?" Look really really excited about the prospect.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2013, 07:55:16 PM »
>we will go hunt for shinies and in the process get chances to get shot and thus get *more* shinies? Volunteer at once!
> Proclaim with enthusiasm, "You have my Sparkler, capstain!"

>ask about other noteworthy fairies on the ship, especially ones that are gonna be our competition for shinies teammates

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2013, 09:37:51 AM »
> "Will I get to get shot lots?" Look really really excited about the prospect.
> "I see ye've been talkin' tae Bootstrap." Blackwing smirks. "If we run into anything with a gun, rest assured ye'll be on the front lines."

>we will go hunt for shinies and in the process get chances to get shot and thus get *more* shinies? Volunteer at once!
> Proclaim with enthusiasm, "You have my Sparkler, capstain!"

>ask about other noteworthy fairies on the ship, especially ones that are gonna be our competition for shinies teammates
AND MY AXE
>"Good. Like tae see some enthusiasm from a recruit. We might make somethin' outta ye yet."

>You ask Blackwing about other people of interest on the ship. She has to ponder the thought for a moment - not surprising, given that there are almost a hundred members of personnel to consider.
"Well, ye've got Dr. Doctor down in the med bay. And aye, her name IS Doctor. Her parents were very insistent on her career path, see. Then there's that minx that was tryin' tae plunder our planks earlier. I'd steer clear o' her. Bad influence. Oh, and there's Bolt down in the engine room. Littlest fairy I've ever seen, but she knows 'er way around a wrench."

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2013, 12:12:21 AM »
> "I see ye've been talkin' tae Bootstrap." Blackwing smirks. "If we run into anything with a gun, rest assured ye'll be on the front lines."

>"Hooooraaaaay"
>Fly around a bit.
>"So, what do I do now cap-stain?"

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2013, 09:28:36 PM »
>"Hooooraaaaay"
>Fly around a bit.
>Yaaaaaaaaaaay~

>"So, what do I do now cap-stain?"
>"Fer now?" Blackwing presses a red button on the center of the control panel. "Ye can watch and learn."

The engines hum. The room bursts to life, lights dancing across the monitors. Even the ones you thought had been drawn on are lit up, crayon markings magically swirling around the screen.
At your sides, you can see the Sunshine begin to pull out of the spaceport, dozens of curious eyes watching as the ship takes to the air.

"Initial takeoff complete," Ada chants, in a monotone. "Destination charted. Hyperdrive engines prepped and ready. Awaiting firing order."

Blackwing doesn't respond right away. She takes a few moments to step backwards, turning away from the monitor with a hand on her chin. Then, with practiced bravado, she spins about and points towards Ada.

"Get us outta this dump, Ada!"

The monitor flashes green. The words "HYPERDRIVE COMMENCED" flash across the screen for a moment. The sudden burst of acceleration sends you careening into the back wall, held in place by the immense G-forces. Blackwing has grabbed onto a nail in the floor, clinging to it for dear life as the engines roar. The sky goes from blue to black, then flashes a brilliant rainbow as you warp across the galaxy in an instant.

When the warp finally ends, you're face down on the floor and everything hurts. Blackwing reaches down and gives you a hand up.

"Sorry 'bout that. It's navy policy to put the privates through one unwarned hyperspace warp. Makes sure they follow the rules later. Next try, grab onta somethin' first."

She turns back to the monitor. Out the window, you can see the stars drifting past, hundreds and thousands of little galaxies ripe for exploring. You're here.

"Yer free to look around fer now," Blackwing says. "Ye can look about fer the crew, or ye can go call dibs in the livin' quarters. Ye'll be informed when yer needed."

Fightest

« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2013, 09:35:54 AM »
> We gotta call dibs so hard. Once dibbed, only the most dire of circumstances can undib something.

« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »
>To the top bunk!

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2013, 12:40:54 AM »
> We gotta call dibs so hard. Once dibbed, only the most dire of circumstances can undib something.
>To the top bunk!
>You retrace your steps back to the sleeping quarters, with the dozen-storey bunk beds. Of course the top bed is the most valuable accolade a fairy can acquire here, so you start flying around the top layer to find a vacant spot. Unfortunately most of the beds are already taken, their name tags written on with marker pens and shiny paint.
After some searching, you come across a single bed that hasn't been taken. The bad news is that you aren't the only one to find it.
"Ah!"
You're so focused on the search that you fly right into someone. Looking around, you see the familiar figure of the fairy recruit from earlier - the one Blackwing forced to walk the plank. Her lips curl into a tiny o, like she's just been caught in the middle of a prank.
"Uh...crap, you want the top bunk too, don't you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2013, 01:12:01 AM »
>"DIBS! Dibs dibs dibs!"

« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2013, 01:56:29 AM »
> If dibs are insufficient, claim superiority due to not being a dirty rotten plank-walker.
> Also ask her name apropos of nothing.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2013, 12:05:57 PM »
> "Yes, yes, here, up here, away from the glittery shinies that pile up in the lower bunks. You know, how all the glittery shinies in the air just sinks to the bottom? Eugh, makes me shiver...."

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2013, 01:12:43 PM »
>"DIBS! Dibs dibs dibs!"
>"Di-oh, dammit." The other fairy can't even get the words out before you call dibs. Defeated, she floats down a storey and claims the bunk right beneath yours. You expect her to scribble her name on the tag, but instead she simply writes a warning:

THIS IS MY BED. STAY AWAY, OR ELSE.

You see no reason to find out what 'or else' actually means in this instance.

> Also ask her name apropos of nothing.
>"Who, me?" The fairy looks up at you in the middle of drawing a skull and crossbones to go with her warning sign. "Name's Ember. Ember Spark. World's best campfire starter." To demonstrate, she rubs her palms together - you see a small spark forming between them. "Lighters are for losers, y'know?"

> "Yes, yes, here, up here, away from the glittery shinies that pile up in the lower bunks. You know, how all the glittery shinies in the air just sinks to the bottom? Eugh, makes me shiver...."
> Ember snorts. "Nice try. No fairy worth her salt would fall for that one." She pauses for a moment, then looks away. "Not like I fell for that once or anything."
Another pause. Fairies aren't very good at structured conversation.
"So what're you looking to do out there?" Ember asks. "Find some sweet shinies to take home with you? Or do you have any bigger plans?"

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2013, 04:38:12 PM »
> "Plans? Where do I get those? Are they shiny? Ooooh, you mean one of those dreamy ass-pie-ratey thingy sort of plan plans that the Queen used to tell me about? Oh yes, yes, I've got big plans! The biggest! Most biggestest! Like, this big!" Gesture with arms spread out. "I'm going to become the big leader person of the fairy navy one day and make the Queen really really proud of me! I'll bring her the biggestest biggest shiny there ever was!"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:40:07 PM by Gappy »

« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2013, 09:14:41 PM »
>"And get shot lots!"

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2013, 01:39:47 AM »
>Attempt to write our name on the bed or nameplate.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2013, 12:28:34 PM »
>Attempt to write our name on the bed or nameplate.
>You have a little booklet with your name on it, and you copy it carefully onto the tag. It's not writing so much as a desperate forgery of your own name, but you do a decent job of it.

> "Plans? Where do I get those? Are they shiny? Ooooh, you mean one of those dreamy ass-pie-ratey thingy sort of plan plans that the Queen used to tell me about? Oh yes, yes, I've got big plans! The biggest! Most biggestest! Like, this big!" Gesture with arms spread out. "I'm going to become the big leader person of the fairy navy one day and make the Queen really really proud of me! I'll bring her the biggestest biggest shiny there ever was!"
>"Whoa, that's pretty big." Ember seems taken in by your enthusiasm. "I think I might want to help you out with tha-"

>"And get shot lots!"
>"...Oh." Ember pouts. "Actually, I take that back. I, uh, don't react well to bullets. Like, seriously, one little shot and-BOOOOOOM." She billows out her hands as she makes her own sound effects. "I was sorta hoping I could stand behind a cannon or something else big enough to work as a shield. Means I can 'accidentally' shoot anyone I don't like, either."

She smirks. You make a mental note not to get on her bad side.

"Anywho, I was thinking of going walkabout for a bit now that my bed's been claimed. I've heard this cool stories of a recruit on this ship who fought off the dreaded Cupcake Master herself. She even ate the woman's weapon to add insult to injury! Man, I don't wanna mess with that fairy. Especially if someone gives her a gun."

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2013, 02:55:55 PM »
> Wonder about how Ember changes the font size of her own dialogue cause that's pretty nifty.
> "I didn't eat the whole weapon, that'd be silly." Roll your eyes then show her sparkler, "Just the tip thing. It was yummy! I'm saving the rest for laters. Look, I even gave it a name. It's called 'Sparkler', see? I think it's cute. Don't you think it's cute?" Smile a wide, happy grin.
> "Oooh! Ooooh! When you get your cannon can I be shot out of it? I heard it's lotsa fun! Like lotsa lotsa fun!"

Fightest

« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2013, 03:40:34 PM »
> Remember to breathe in and pause at the right moments. Shinies come to those who can clearly state that they want them.
> Speaking of:
> "Bunk law says I outrank you. You follow my lead, and we'll get our share of shines way ahead of anyone else."

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2013, 04:29:03 PM »
>Hold out our hand. "I'm Expendable Collateral."

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2013, 01:44:52 PM »
> Wonder about how Ember changes the font size of her own dialogue cause that's pretty nifty.
> You're pretty sure it's got something to do with whispering.

> "I didn't eat the whole weapon, that'd be silly." Roll your eyes then show her sparkler, "Just the tip thing. It was yummy! I'm saving the rest for laters. Look, I even gave it a name. It's called 'Sparkler', see? I think it's cute. Don't you think it's cute?" Smile a wide, happy grin.
>"Wait, YOU'RE the one that beat the cupcake master?!" Ember's eyes twinkle in awe for about half a second...then stop when she sees your weapon. "Uh...isn't that just a piece of wood? It doesn't even sparkle."

> "Oooh! Ooooh! When you get your cannon can I be shot out of it? I heard it's lotsa fun! Like lotsa lotsa fun!"
>"Uh...sure, I guess." Ember scratches her head, looking a bit bewildered by your enthusiasm. You suppose the idea of being live ammunition has never really come to her, given her...self-destructive tendencies.

> Remember to breathe in and pause at the right moments. Shinies come to those who can clearly state that they want them.
> Good idea. Sometimes you forget to breathe for a few minutes and your face goes all blue.

> Speaking of:
> "Bunk law says I outrank you. You follow my lead, and we'll get our share of shines way ahead of anyone else."
> "Oh, really?" Ember doesn't look quite willing to obey. "Well, bunk law also says I outrank the fairy right under me, and if it's two of us against the one of you-"
She looks down to find that the next bunk down is not only unoccupied, but so full of holes that no-one could possibly use it.
"Huh. I guess you win after all."

>Hold out our hand. "I'm Expendable Collateral."
>"Expeedawhaaaa?" Ember doesn't even try to pronounce it. "Whatever. You're Penny now."
She spits on her hand, then slaps it against yours. "Pleased to meet ya. Can't wait to fire you out of a cannon someday."

Fightest

« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2013, 02:38:02 PM »
> "Good catch about the bunk under yours, Ember. You do outrank the ones below you. So go find the next one down, and tell her what I told you."
> We'll make this a pyramid scheme yet!