Author Topic: Keine Quest - Harvest  (Read 184754 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest - Harvest
« Reply #270 on: June 23, 2012, 03:42:22 AM »
(Before everything else)>Administer more headpats to Okuu. "I suppose I should be thanking you then."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #271 on: June 23, 2012, 03:51:58 AM »
(Before everything else)>Administer more headpats to Okuu. "I suppose I should be thanking you then."

Utsuho grins and blushes again. "I said stop itttt~" She seems to enjoy it though.

> "These blazeberries have a very unique taste, don't they? We don't have anything quite like this above ground."

"I'm not surprised. I'd imagine anything that survives in the Hell of Blazing Fires would be nothing like anything aboveground."

> "Incidentally, how does agriculture work down here? Most the plants on the surface could never survive without the sun, so clearly whatever system you use would have to be completely different than the ones used back home."

"Most of the plants are specially engineered to grow underground. Those that aren't, well... let's just say there's been a big farming boom since Utsuho received her ability."

Utsuho laughs. "I get to make suns for the oni! It's fun!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #272 on: June 23, 2012, 04:06:26 AM »
<Nod some, then have some more tea. "I see. That's actually quite intriguing, how her power is being used for such a useful thing. The right tool or person for the right job, as they say."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #273 on: June 23, 2012, 04:13:38 AM »
<Nod some, then have some more tea. "I see. That's actually quite intriguing, how her power is being used for such a useful thing. The right tool or person for the right job, as they say."

Satori smiles. "Perhaps you can find some small use for her aboveground as well. Isn't there some human-friendly flower youkai somewhere around there? I heard a certain black-white witch talk about her once."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #274 on: June 23, 2012, 05:21:54 AM »
> Do we know who Satori is talking about?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #275 on: June 23, 2012, 10:00:49 AM »
> Do we know who Satori is talking about?

The only flower youkai you know of is Yuuka. But this sure doesn't sound like Yuuka. Perhaps Satori's just as misinformed about the surface youkai as you were about the Underground youkai.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #276 on: June 23, 2012, 10:20:31 AM »
The only flower youkai you know of is Yuuka. But this sure doesn't sound like Yuuka. Perhaps Satori's just as misinformed about the surface youkai as you were about the Underground youkai.

She DID hear it from Marisa after all, and Marisa DID learn her signiture technique from her...

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #277 on: June 23, 2012, 10:24:37 AM »
She DID hear it from Marisa after all, and Marisa DID learn her signiture technique from her...

You consider the definite possibility that Marisa's an unreliable source. It makes a lot of sense.

(EDIT) You see Mokou and Orin come in. Mokou actually looks somewhat fashionable in one of Orin's dresses, but has kept her own hairstyle. Orin seems quite pleased with the results as well. Mokou plops down on a chair at the table, scowling.

"This is the only time I wear one of these, got it?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #278 on: June 23, 2012, 10:53:11 AM »
>Smile, and go administer headpats to Mokou. It;s ironic, but who cares?
>"You look nice, it's a shame you don't dress like this more often. I bet that we could even get Rinnosuke to make one more in your style too."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #279 on: June 23, 2012, 11:00:57 AM »
>Smile, and go administer headpats to Mokou. It;s ironic, but who cares?

You pat Mokou on the head. Unlike Okuu, she doesn't seem to be pleased with it.

>"You look nice, it's a shame you don't dress like this more often. I bet that we could even get Rinnosuke to make one more in your style too."

Mokou barks out a laugh. "For all those times when I'm in public? Face it, I'm a pants girl, Keine. Always have been, always will be. And I do mean always, you know."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #280 on: June 23, 2012, 11:18:48 AM »
>Smile in a surprisingly devious and playful way. "I'll just have to see about dragging you to parties where you'll have to then."
>Ah, it might be indulging our Youkai side, but messing with people can be fun in small doses.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:23:42 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #281 on: June 23, 2012, 11:39:39 AM »
>Smile in a surprisingly devious and playful way. "I'll just have to see about dragging you to parties where you'll have to then."
>Ah, it might be indulging our Youkai side, but messing with people can be fun in small doses.

Mokou grins at you. "Good luck with that! Not much of a party girl either!"

It is fun to mess with people.

The time is now edging toward evening. What would you like to do?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #282 on: June 23, 2012, 11:59:18 AM »
>Grin a bit. "Well, you'll just jump that hurdle when the time cones I suppose."
>How long did we intend to leave the village in Sanae's hands?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #283 on: June 23, 2012, 12:45:07 PM »
>Grin a bit. "Well, you'll just jump that hurdle when the time cones I suppose."
>How long did we intend to leave the village in Sanae's hands?

Originally, you intended just for the day. However, a LOT has come up since then.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #284 on: June 23, 2012, 06:16:58 PM »
Originally, you intended just for the day. However, a LOT has come up since then.

> Options. Wasn't Yuugi going to have a party tonight?

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #285 on: June 23, 2012, 06:38:35 PM »
> Options. Wasn't Yuugi going to have a party tonight?

You don't remember any party, but you do remember her inviting you to dinner, at "the Underground's finest", if you remember correctly.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #286 on: June 23, 2012, 10:58:27 PM »
> Current options.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #287 on: June 24, 2012, 05:50:23 AM »
> Current options.

A: Wait a couple of hours and go see Yuugi for dinner.
B: Let Mokou and Okuu play a bit more. This may cause further clothing damage, though.
C: Leave Underground, deliver Tea to Akyu
D: Leave Underground, find nearest magician
E: Leave Underground, find nearest Reimu
F: Investigate Parsee for history, if possible
G: Find Shinki and ask about Rumia
G: Other

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #288 on: June 24, 2012, 05:53:56 AM »
> Ask Mokou if she wants to wait around for that dinner.

> If yes, head to underground library for that Parsee research, along with other odds and ends. Let's not damage any more clothes.

« Reply #289 on: June 24, 2012, 06:02:04 AM »
>Ask Kogasa, too.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #290 on: June 24, 2012, 08:58:41 AM »
Shinki: Go away I'm not telling a human... wait how did you even get here?!

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #291 on: June 24, 2012, 11:40:35 AM »
> Ask Mokou if she wants to wait around for that dinner.

>Ask Kogasa, too.

Mokou shrugs. "I suppose we may as well. I don't really need to eat, but I should probably try the "Underground's finest" while I'm down here."

Kogasa laughs. "I've surprised two people today! I feel juuuust fine!"

> If yes, head to underground library for that Parsee research, along with other odds and ends. Let's not damage any more clothes.

You decide to head to the Library Tower. At least I assume that's what you mean.

Since, as previously stated, you chose to take Utsuho with you, Satori has to fuss over her like any good mother. She hands Utsuho the box of blazeberry tea with a stern warning that "don't lose this box, okay? And if you ever get confused about what to do, just ask Keine. She can help you. Got it?" Utsuho seems to quite happily go along with it, and is soon walking with you towards the Library Tower.

It doesn't take long for you to get to the Library Tower, which doesn't look as much like a library from the outside as it does a study in how to put spikes everywhere on a building. You really can't imagine why someone would design a library like this, but apparently they did. It's not hard to locate the doorway, as it seems to be the only opening the building has. It's quite rusty as you pull the door open. You get the feeling that no one's properly maintained this building in a long time.

Inside, it is dark.

>_

Shinki: Go away I'm not telling a human... wait how did you even get here?!

Yukari fooled around again.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #292 on: June 24, 2012, 01:03:35 PM »
>"Ugh. They need to take better care of this place!"
>Commence research!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #293 on: June 24, 2012, 02:08:48 PM »
>"Ugh. They need to take better care of this place!"
>Commence research!

Mokou smiles as she lights her hand on fire to make a small lantern. "Yeah, must drive you wild to see a place with this many unkempt books, huh?" She begins to wander around, looking for books that she thinks would interest you. While Utsuho joins Mokou in her search, Kogasa seems more impressed at the place itself, and you hear her say, "this place is wonderful, so dark and creepy! Maybe I could live here!"

After about ten minutes of searching, you've uncovered a few incredibly dry and dusty books. While faded, you think that some of them may be helpful:

"The Life and Exile of Empress Parsee"
"Who Really Built the Pillar of Mima?"
"Advanced Mathematics and the Theory of Groups"
"Humans"
"Important Youkai of the 5th Century"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #294 on: June 24, 2012, 02:20:54 PM »
>Let's look into Important Youkai of the 5th Century first.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #295 on: June 24, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »
>Let's look into Important Youkai of the 5th Century first.

You open up the book Important Youkai of the 5th Century first. Most of the book has been faded away to nothingness, as you'd imagine would happen over 1600 years in a building like this, but you're able to make out three names and a bit of description:

Kome Kurodani
--Extremely popular. Everyone knows who she is, so I won't bother with much description. They say her performances could stop a fight between oni, if she wanted them to. A persistent rumor even says that she had a spell cast so that anyone with the name Kurodani would be an extremely successful musician. While I doubt this is true, there is no doubt that she is one of the most talented and well-loved people in the Underground Village.

Parsi Mizuashi
--Also extremely well known, and very popular, although many state that's due to her position as Empress of the village, and not her actual personality. Still considered a great hero and efficient manager, although can get carried away with personal whims every once in a while.

Yuka Kazamin
--My colleagues thought me a fool to put a newmade weakling flower youkai in this book. Universal consensus is that she will never amount to much, a weakling youkai forever. But I see differently. I've watched her. She'll be powerful, mark my words. Yuka will change history... someday.

Impressions?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #296 on: June 24, 2012, 04:09:43 PM »
>"Hmm...."
>Now examine The Life and Exile of Empress Parsee.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #297 on: June 24, 2012, 04:17:07 PM »
>"Hmm...."
>Now examine The Life and Exile of Empress Parsee.

Now you open the book "The Life and Exile of Empress Parsee". The book seems a bit less worn than the others, probably written later. One passage in particular catches your attention:

Parsee had anything anyone could ever have wanted: control over an entire city, hundreds if not thousands of loyal friends and followers, all the money she could ask for... but she wanted more. She wanted to bring an old rival down. It's possible that she was a mean, vindictive person, or perhaps she was just jealous of this rival, who had amassed even more popularity than her. Nevertheless, it was when she ordered the execution of Gome Kurodani that all hell broke loose in the Subterranean City.

The passages around it are faded, but you get the feeling that you could probably piece together most of the rest of the story.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #298 on: June 24, 2012, 04:20:10 PM »
>"So that's why she behaves as she does...I'll have to be even more careful around her."
>Now read 'Who Really Built the Pillar of Mima'".
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #299 on: June 24, 2012, 04:24:57 PM »
>"So that's why she behaves as she does...I'll have to be even more careful around her."
>Now read 'Who Really Built the Pillar of Mima'".

You pick up the book "Who Really Built the Pillar Of Mima?" and give it a quick glance. That's really all you need, due to passages like this:

The mainstream opinion seems to be that the Pillar of Mima was created by a few rogue magicians for the purpose of summoning said evil spirit. But this story is full of inconsistencies, and we need to consider alternatives. One alternative I'd like to bring forward is the idea that perhaps the Pillar of Mima was built by aliens as a way to communicate with their home planet. This would explain why something written in Latin found itself in Gensokyo, after all.