Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XI Online  (Read 208119 times)

Zil

Re: Touhou Rage Thread XI Online
« Reply #960 on: March 07, 2012, 12:04:56 AM »
The only thing wrong with Minoriko is spawning lasers on top of you. Her nonspells are amazingly well designed. :I

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #961 on: March 07, 2012, 04:22:26 AM »
I got my keyboard to work again, and I honestly thought fighting Sanae, Lunatic, in MoF was a good idea. It was not.
Let's just say that even though I did decently good, I don't think I've ever heard myself scream/shout/yell so loudly before.

It was a fun experience, even though I wanted to ZA WARUDO my computer to death.
Ahh, touhou never does change, does it? <3

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #962 on: March 07, 2012, 07:04:55 AM »
OMG UFO
Why do you give me such pains?!?!?!
Stage 1 - random deaths everywhere, sooooo many restarts (WHAT? I'm supposed to ND1B this)
Stage 2 - oh HAI Kogasa, just randomly clip me in your midboss spell and 2nd nonspell. Please! This is SO awesome!
Stage 3 - oh HAI surprise walls that can't be killed by anyone other than ReimuA Woohoo! Then, Ichirin just ruins everything by causing a death in the OPENER.
Stage 4 - die at midboss Nue. Seriously WHY? Of all times you could kill me, why do it in an actual run! I practiced you hundreds of times, and increased my capture rate to almost 90%, then you kill me in that 10% chance!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #963 on: March 07, 2012, 08:28:15 AM »
>Designed well
>Spinbitch kills me two times on one spellcard because a fire bullet was inside a fire bullet

>Designed well
>Minoriko's nonspells

Cute. You seem to believe that you not being able to consistently capture the attacks makes them poorly designed huh? There is nothing wrong with either of the attacks that you mentioned. They are actually pretty easy by STG standards so get tougher and deal with it. I know you can do it.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #964 on: March 07, 2012, 11:07:27 AM »
I was in the zone.

I was getting out of impossible situations during the entirety of Stage 3.

I perfected Cirno despite facing two waves of her opener, having Hailstorm change rank (and effectively double in speed) DURING THE CARD, getting out of luckfuckishly bad situations in Perfect Freeze, the like.

I was doing well on Meiling too.

Perfect opportunity to die on her finale, twice.

WHY? WHY DO I FIND A WAY TO RUIN RUNS EVEN WHEN I DO GOOD? I WAS DOING GOOD. I EVEN DERPED ON KOAKUMA LATER ON. AND ON THE FREE FAIRIES BEFORE PATCHOULI. WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT. THE. FUCK.

AAAAAAH IT'S LIKE THIS LUNATIC 1CC WILL NEVER HAPPEN OR SOMETHING CRAZY LIKE THAT.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #965 on: March 07, 2012, 11:43:45 AM »
Cute. You seem to believe that you not being able to consistently capture the attacks makes them poorly designed huh? There is nothing wrong with either of the attacks that you mentioned. They are actually pretty easy by STG standards so get tougher and deal with it. I know you can do it.

I can understand you defending Minoriko's nonspells, I was just pissed off at that one, but I refuse to believe that Old Lady Ohgane's Fire was well designed when it has flourescent bullets on top of each other.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #966 on: March 07, 2012, 11:53:21 AM »
I can understand you defending Minoriko's nonspells, I was just pissed off at that one, but I refuse to believe that Old Lady Ohgane's Fire was well designed when it has flourescent bullets on top of each other.

You'll need to back that up with a replay. I have never seen a situation that I couldn't handle or couldn't have been handled with proper playing. Perhabs sometimes It'll pull something unexpected but that's the sort of thing you need to be able to spot and then act accordingly.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #967 on: March 07, 2012, 11:55:45 AM »
There are plenty of worse attacks in the series, and even that game alone. Hell go look at Virtue of wind God on Ultra lunatic.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #968 on: March 07, 2012, 12:17:20 PM »

You have to be joking. This spellcard is mostly streaming. This looks pretty mild, especially for Lunatic. Am I missing something here?

Your issue isn't with game design; it's with additive blend. And you're far from the first person to complain about that. Seems like ZUN isn't getting rid of AB anytime soon, though, so get used to it, I guess.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Zil

« Reply #969 on: March 07, 2012, 12:21:45 PM »
It's not streaming at all, though it is fairly simple. One of the five spells I actually captured at 90fps. You should dodge at the places where the walls don't overlap, so you can't complain about a bullet hiding under another one.

Tengukami

« Reply #970 on: March 07, 2012, 12:30:44 PM »
It's not streaming at all, though it is fairly simple.

Watching the video, the player moves away from the overlapping walls as they advance from the side, and a path opens up. Whatever you want to call it, yes, it's pretty simple alright.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #971 on: March 07, 2012, 05:24:24 PM »
Why?

Why does this stupid cat keep coming back?

Why did Orin take 5 of my seven lifes I've been collecting throughout five stages - just in her own boss battle?

Why did I die 3 times on Utsuho's Artificial Sun card three times, wasting my last life on the very last bit of the hell-raven's health?

Why does Normal SA Stage 5 have to be so freakin' hard to beat?  :ohdear:

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

« Reply #972 on: March 07, 2012, 08:01:12 PM »
Florescent bullets in general piss me off.  Hina's isn't so bad since the spell's pretty easy, but for the most part glowing bullets are a really dumb idea due to the distracting nature of them.  UFO stage 5 (including Naz's and some Shou's spells), Ichirin, Byakuren, and Miko are good examples of what I mean here.  It just creates artificial difficulty that could easily be avoided by using similarly sized bullets that either aren't animated, or have a simple, non-distracting animation.  It's even worse when it's in UFO, which is already a very difficult game.  On the plus side, I can't think of a single instance where ZUN's made a bad background.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:05:05 PM by HououinKyouma »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #973 on: March 07, 2012, 09:06:18 PM »
There are plenty of worse attacks in the series, and even that game alone. Hell go look at Virtue of wind God on Ultra lunatic.

That's not in the game. That's a patched version of Mountain of Faith. Get it right.

I know there are worse attacks in the series but at least most are fair and hard FOR A GOOD REASON. Attacks that have flourescent fire bullets everywhere (MONONOBE HAS AN ATTACK LIKE THIS) piss me off because I can't track their movement too well when they're clumpy.

Your issue isn't with game design; it's with additive blend. And you're far from the first person to complain about that. Seems like ZUN isn't getting rid of AB anytime soon, though, so get used to it, I guess.

Still gonna complain about it.

Proof that it's the fire bullets that piss me off: I like Virtue of Wind God, it's fun to dodge and I can see where the amulets are going.
Illusionary Dominance, the bullets are weird as shit but at least you can see which bullets are which and where they go.
Spinning of the Cephalic Plates, at least the hitboxes aren't much different from squares in the needle bullets, and it's just streaming and dodging. (Minoriko's spell is bullshit because it has hard bullets to dodge AND streaming), and the bullets you "stream" are slow and clumpy which means if you do it right, you could start on the left side of the screen and capture while moving only right, up, and down.

Now for earlier games

Do I even need to talk about Merlin's first nonspells?
Sakuya why do you exist
Yuuka that was a jerk move why the massive lasers

Now for ACTUAL RAGE

FUCK YOU MIDBOSS NUE I WAS TRYING TO MAKE A NO UFO RUN AND YOU FUCKED IT UP I WAS SO FUCKING CLOSE I WAS SO FUCKING CLOSE I EVEN HIT THE FUCKING BOMB BUTTON -BEFORE- I GOT HIT
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:07:50 PM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.

« Reply #974 on: March 07, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »
Esu, I was just wondering... what do you think about Midboss Nazrin's Greatest Treasure card?  :V

Florescent bullets in general piss me off.  Hina's isn't so bad since the spell's pretty easy, but for the most part glowing bullets are a really dumb idea due to the distracting nature of them. 

They are pretty though. Can be annoying at times but always pretty bullets.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #975 on: March 07, 2012, 09:26:11 PM »
Esu, I was just wondering... what do you think about Midboss Nazrin's Greatest Treasure card?  :V

About UFO's danmaku, I actually genuinely love that game's bullets. I only complain so much because WHY DO WE NEED TO CHASE UFOS FOR RESOURCES AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I think Greatest Treasure is fun to dodge. Spontaneous to a degree where I've been clipped a few times recently, but fun.

I adore all of Shou's spells except for the lightsabers of death because I keep getting clipped while running away from the laser walls, which is undeniably cheap. Her second nonspell can go fuck itself on Hard because it brings back memories of Double Spoiler 7-1's first phase :qq:

But yeah, the flourescent bullets are pretty but they love to clip me.

Enjoy.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #976 on: March 07, 2012, 09:26:20 PM »

OR the entirety of Shou for that matter :V
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #977 on: March 07, 2012, 09:31:08 PM »
OR the entirety of Shou for that matter :V

Lol 9 second time differences

Enjoy.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #978 on: March 07, 2012, 09:44:38 PM »
>Greatest Treasure

hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #979 on: March 07, 2012, 09:50:23 PM »
>Greatest Treasure

hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate

Hard/Lunatic version or all of them?

Enjoy.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #980 on: March 07, 2012, 09:53:27 PM »
Hard/Lunatic version or all of them?

At least on Normal it isnt as hard as Demon of Purification.

Zil

« Reply #981 on: March 07, 2012, 09:54:26 PM »
Bomb it for extra UFOs.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #982 on: March 07, 2012, 09:57:16 PM »
At least on Normal it isnt as hard as Demon of Purification.

>Implying that Demon of Purification is incredibly hard

Enjoy.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #983 on: March 07, 2012, 10:17:28 PM »
I hate it in general. Random glowing bullets in random directions. Examples are Shou's first/last cards and Futo's third, although Futo is crap easy anyway.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #984 on: March 07, 2012, 10:21:14 PM »
>Implying that Demon of Purification is incredibly hard

>Implying you've even seen Radiant Treasure Gun aka same spell on Lunatic V:

I didnt say it was INCREDIBLY hard, mind you. just harder.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #985 on: March 07, 2012, 10:23:06 PM »
Both of them are hate.

Random lasers don't help.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #986 on: March 07, 2012, 10:36:29 PM »
Both of them are hate.

Random lasers don't help.

>Random
>You can huddle at bottom on both versions and live no matter what because there are two laser sets that loop once they've both been played

Enjoy.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #987 on: March 07, 2012, 10:45:41 PM »
I meant random in the sense that they have no reason to be there. ^_^

Isn't the whole card static?

Tengukami

« Reply #988 on: March 07, 2012, 10:46:14 PM »

That's pretty much where I'm at. Considering that Touhou's main draw, in terms of gameplay, are the patterns, I like pretty bullets. If I wanted to dodge monotone waves of pink bullets I'd play DDP.

« Reply #989 on: March 07, 2012, 10:53:58 PM »
That game has blue, purple and i think green bullets too you know?  :V

Also, not really fair comparison given that it's from 1997. Compare DDP graphics to SoEW.
If you want to compare then look at things like Deathsmiles and DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu. Those games have really great aesthetics. This is not to spark some debate about Cave vs. Touhou again don't worry. I just wanted to point out that the Cave games are quite the eye candy nowadays.

If you were actually talking about current-gen games then just disregard this.