Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XI Online  (Read 208117 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Touhou Rage Thread XI Online
« Reply #930 on: March 06, 2012, 02:18:01 AM »
Chasing bombs? I'm not saying go exclusively for bombs, but if you know something is coming up that you can't handle, an extra bomb will help you with that, not to mention dying with two bombs or less is a waste.

By chasing bombs I meant prioritizing green UFOs over red ones, my mistake; I agreed entirely with using bombs instead of dying.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #931 on: March 06, 2012, 02:33:54 AM »
@Chisou Taizen
My remarks on your replay:

1. Wasted bomb on Yuyuko, it's not worth it, cause i see you can surely dodge all her spells.

2. Haven't used trance on first charged fairies of stage 2 wich is actually mandatory to do.

3. Then used trance on Midboss Kyouko and failed to refill it before final wave of fairies (wich you killed not fast enough). Remember a good trance route for stage 2 on hard and lunatic: Collect full trance before first wave of bomb/life-pieced fairies (that's easy) and thance them. Learn to capture Kyouko's midboss spell. It's nothing difficult, but if you're having problems - just bomb it. Recollect your trance before final wave of fairies with stuff and kill them fast so all of them will appear. You may use trance right after the first one. This will give you at least one more extra bomb on Kyouko boss fight wich you're pretty bad at >_< She actually have only two relative hard attacks - 2nd nonspell and 2nd spell, the rest is easy and must be captured. Tip on her last spell. Dont go up from bottom while misdirecting a bubble! The lower it spawns - the more bullets it takes back. Just alternate from one side to another and you'll be fine.

4. First big fairies of stage 3 shoot circles aimed at your position. So if you cant dodge them while flying all over the place - just stream them all from right side to left (where next little fairies spawn).

5. Kogasa must be killed as fast as possible for extra fairies after her to appear. You did it almost perfectly.

6. I hate Heal by Desire. And you failed at it pretty epically. Jsyk, it's much easier to time out than to capture. Just focus on killing familiars instead of Yoshika, preventing them from flooding screen with bullets. That's what i did on my no-bombs run and it worked pretty well. Good job on the rest of Yoshika fight ;)

7. Wtf were you doing at the start of stage 4? You'd better to get your full trance before midboss appears, and dont rush for bomb/life pieces covered by dense fairies's fire. Look for a proper way to do that (It's even easier with Reimu).

8. Once you're out of bombs but with full trance keep in mind that you can should use it in case of danger like Seiga/Yoshika last nonspell. Dying with full trance is one of the most unforgivable mistakes in this game. :fail: And remember, you can deathtrance too.

9. Practice their last spell Tao Taidou! I mean seriously, this is mandatory capture. It might look scary, but it's probably the easiest one of their cards. Look how i did it in my run.

10. When first big fairies of stage 5 appear - focus on killing them asap, so they wont flood the screen with bullets and such a silly death wont happen.

11. Good use of trance on fairies before Tojiko. But i advice to hold it as long as possible (until bomb/life pieces almost vanish) so you can do more damage safely.

12. Last part of the stage is very important. You can earn a lot of bombs if do it the proper way. First two rings of ghosts give you almost enough spirits for a full trance. You can complete it by some from the third ring, but at this moment it's better to go to the lower left corner and do it exactly like this. It's normal, but the route is the same. Carefully stream the bullets from last ring by ascending from the corner and kill first fairies consequentially. When you see first bomb piece almost vanished - use trance and kill the last fairies in a way shown - three on the left, three on the right, center one. You may also watch my lunatic run where i did the same.

13. Iwafune Ascending to Heaven is Futo's hardest spell. But it could be done with only one bomb if you start by chasing her to the left, dealing as much damage as possible.

14. Derp on her third nonspell is really shameful. :ohdear:

15. Collecting bombs on stage 6 could be done better. And better get your full trance before Miko fight, so if you screw on one of her first attacks you can use it instead of bomb.

16. 3rd spell with ghosts and arrows. Do more damage to Miko, so it wont last that long. Also you'd better used your trance at that point, saving a bomb, instantly completing another one and almost neutering knives nonspell danger (though you captured it wich is good)

17. Game over on Guse Flash with a bomb in stock... Nuff said.

Overall conclusion: those silly derps cost you 1CC, while you were pretty close (but not as close as me, dying after Newborn Divine Spirit on lunatic :qq:). Also do a better work on collecting purple spirits under trance and you'll surely get 18-pieces extend.
Oh and pactice moar! Both stages and spellcards. Good luck ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:55:20 AM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #932 on: March 06, 2012, 02:45:49 AM »
*still foaming at the mouth, collapsed on the table with his eyes rolled backwards into his head, reciting a satanic paragraph backwards*
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #933 on: March 06, 2012, 02:53:13 AM »
*still foaming at the mouth, collapsed on the table with his eyes rolled backwards into his head, reciting a satanic paragraph backwards*

They're not the best but if this is UFO we're talking Old clear, Recent clear. Look these over.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #934 on: March 06, 2012, 02:56:08 AM »
Doesn't do much to help, I have a healthy and flexible UFO route.

The only reason I'm overreacting is because I CAN'T FUCKING DODGE FOR SHIT. THAT IS THE REASON I FAIL SO MUCH AT THIS GAME. I KNOW THIS GAME WELL ENOUGH TO MAKE A DOCUMENTARY ON EVERYTHING I HATE ABOUT IT

I WANT TO FUCKING DO HARD, LUNATIC, AND EXTRA JUST TO BE ABLE TO GET THAT FUCKING GAME OUT OF MY SIGHT WITHOUT ME HAVING A GUILTED CONSCIENCE

Enjoy.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #935 on: March 06, 2012, 03:05:41 AM »
Doesn't do much to help, I have a healthy and flexible UFO route.
Regardless of that, I still think you should look these over.

The only reason I'm overreacting is because I CAN'T FUCKING DODGE FOR SHIT. THAT IS THE REASON I FAIL SO MUCH AT THIS GAME. I KNOW THIS GAME WELL ENOUGH TO MAKE A DOCUMENTARY ON EVERYTHING I HATE ABOUT IT
Another good reason to look the replays over, I'm really not trying to force them on you, but if you know the game well enough, and you know your playstyle as you should, then our advice should've helped you to clear the game already.

I WANT TO FUCKING DO HARD, LUNATIC, AND EXTRA JUST TO BE ABLE TO GET THAT FUCKING GAME OUT OF MY SIGHT WITHOUT ME HAVING A GUILTED CONSCIENCE

Easy there bro. Take it in steps. Focus on... well, Hard I guess, cause you didnt mention normal. Obviously start from normal first until you clear it if you havent, but, yeah.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #936 on: March 06, 2012, 03:34:31 AM »
@MMX

Wow, brutal honesty much? :getdown:

I did say that that was my first try~

It took me five tries to 1CC Normal m-

what the hell if I get hard mode in two tries there will be problems

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #937 on: March 06, 2012, 03:53:15 AM »
@MMX

Wow, brutal honesty much? :getdown:

I did say that that was my first try~

It took me five tries to 1CC Normal m-

what the hell if I get hard mode in two tries there will be problems
Oh lol. If it was your first try (i didnt noticed you mentioned it) than you're pretty good ;) But by following my advices you can do much better, so as i said good luck!
And dont forget that on hard/lunatic enemies drop more spirits than on easy/normal, so you can refill your trance more often.

P.S.: And it took me 4 tries to clear TD normal and about  2 months (i dunno how much tries) to clear TD hard. However, that was first time me trying something except touhou normal or extra. And that was second game i've played after EosD :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:34:35 AM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

pineyappled

« Reply #938 on: March 06, 2012, 06:22:18 AM »
HA HA FUCK YOU ZUN FOR NOT MAKING A DO YOU REALLY WANT TO OVERWRITE THIS REPLAY WARNING OPTION LIKE ANY OTHER NORMAL GAME

pineyappled

« Reply #940 on: March 06, 2012, 06:44:22 AM »
My first PCB normal clear. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have placed that first, but asdffffffffffffff;lkjas;d
Overwritten with a horrifyingly derped stage four run.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #941 on: March 06, 2012, 08:27:28 AM »
I HATE YOU, BADLY-TIMED STOPPED BULLETS

I HATE YOU, PERFECT FREEZE

I HATE YOU, CIRNO

« Reply #942 on: March 06, 2012, 09:16:43 AM »

Doesn't really sound like you know anything about the game to be honest. What is it even that you hate? Things that you can't dodge? In fact, yeah make that documentary.

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #943 on: March 06, 2012, 10:18:49 AM »

If it's general dodging you have problems with, try the photography games, PoFV or Extra stages. All this helped me GREATLY increase my skill level.

Edit: I forgot your Rage over Shou in DS for a moment :V, so you have already tried that, it seems.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:22:08 AM by Piranha »
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

Scarlet Bellflower

• I stand around doing nothing...
« Reply #944 on: March 06, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »
The fact that I only have a chance on Easy really rustles my jimmies, especially when I get killed by Kappa "Giant Cucumber".
"Touhou is like the 60's in Mississippi, only you play as a white cop against an horde of civil rights protesters armed to the teeth." - A friend.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #945 on: March 06, 2012, 11:14:38 AM »
try the photography games, PoFV or Extra stages.

*FOOOOOAM*

Enjoy.

« Reply #946 on: March 06, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »
Okay, this just isn't acceptable anymore. I tried to cope with it but assuming that this just gets worse I'll have to get a new one. Keyboard, it's not too bad if you assume that I really want to go into a certain direction, it's annoying but at least you're doing something. But completely locking up  (= no movement at all despite pressing a direction button) twice during the same bossfight while I actually want you to do something - just no. This is just making me paranoid at this point, I don't want this BS to screw me over in an actual 1cc-attempt.

Regarding the actual game: Why am I so bad at Aya's last spellcard? I always hear that it's her easiest but I've had more successful captures of "Peerless Wind God" than of "Terukuni Throughout the World". Heck, I'm more consistent with the waterfall portions and Momiji than that thing. Guess my timing is horrible.  :V
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:57:49 PM by qno2 »

Makai Butterfly

• Superhuman
  • A world of dharma filled with light
« Reply #947 on: March 06, 2012, 02:39:52 PM »
Regarding the actual game: Why am I so bad at Aya's last spellcard? I always hear that it's her easiest but I've had more successful captures of "Peerless Wind God" than of "Terukuni Throughout the World". Heck, I'm more consistent with the waterfall portions and Momiji than that thing. Guess my timing is horrible.  :V

Yeah, her last spell is a test in multitasking.  The best advice I have is to always keep yourself horizontally safe so that if you need to slide between the arrowhead streams that you won't run into one of the white dot bullets by accident.  Just move a bit vertically to pass one of the white dot waves before doing any horizontal stuff.  It's still a tricky spell, though.  As for Peerless Wind God, once you get over the "OMG CAN'T DISPEL ATTACK HALP!" mentality that usually happens the first few times and just dodge, it's not a bad card.

My rage of the day so far is Sanae Clipdeath Kochiya.  I hate that I have such a history of clipdeath on her that I almost auto-bomb some cards and nonspells during an actual run just to avoid the possibility.  I wish she'd get over her star fixation and give that back to Marisa.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:42:41 PM by Makai Butterfly »

« Reply #948 on: March 06, 2012, 03:13:24 PM »
Yeah, her last spell is a test in multitasking.  The best advice I have is to always keep yourself horizontally safe so that if you need to slide between the arrowhead streams that you won't run into one of the white dot bullets by accident.  Just move a bit vertically to pass one of the white dot waves before doing any horizontal stuff.  It's still a tricky spell, though.
Would've been surprised if there's anything else. Yeah, that's what I'm doing, it's my timing that sucks. Horizontal dash - into a yellow arrowhead! Guess that calls for extended training...

... so embarassing. How I long for those days in which I felt moderately competent. Maybe I should go for another timeout so I can hide all my derp like I did before.  :V
As for Peerless Wind God, once you get over the "OMG CAN'T DISPEL ATTACK HALP!" mentality that usually happens the first few times and just dodge, it's not a bad card.
And hella fun. More of this please and not ...

Sanae Clipdeath Kochiya
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:27:42 PM by qno2 »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #949 on: March 06, 2012, 03:46:37 PM »
Would've been surprised if there's anything else. Yeah, that's what I'm doing, it's my timing that sucks. Horizontal dash - into a yellow arrowhead! Guess that calls for extended training...
I kept doing that, then I started moving down and sideways through the walls.  I very rarely get hit by the arrows on this card any more.

« Reply #950 on: March 06, 2012, 04:17:08 PM »
My first PCB normal clear. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have placed that first, but asdffffffffffffff;lkjas;d
Overwritten with a horrifyingly derped stage four run.

Did you put it on Gensokyo.org's replay sharer? If so, just redownload it!

« Reply #951 on: March 06, 2012, 04:32:22 PM »
I kept doing that, then I started moving down and sideways through the walls.  I very rarely get hit by the arrows on this card any more.

I tried that just now: hey, got it on the first try. Thanks!  ;)  And all the rage dissipates, it's a beautiful thing.

Makai Butterfly

• Superhuman
  • A world of dharma filled with light
« Reply #952 on: March 06, 2012, 05:05:10 PM »
AHHHHHHHHH.... *sobs*

Two 1LC attempts in a row at IN Normal ended on Stage 6 at the opening set of fairies and then the point-whore fairies after them.  Kaguya, was it really necessary to spread all of those fairies out on opposite ends every time so I would have to weave through all the bullets over and over and over?  Screw IN.  I've been neglecting all the other games to get better at it and I'm tired of it.  Even the themes that I used to like sound annoying now, especially Marisa's theme because I am constantly singing along with it using the bawdy lyrics from the "Every Love-Colored Master Spark" video and end up derping while unfocused and trying to kill familiars. The first run I only captured Kaguya's "Cowrie Shell" spell but managed to pull off 4/5 last spells, screwing up on the Dawn one.  Then, last run, I limped to the finish after derping on the fairies twice and ended up capturing all five of Kaguya's "request" spells and then failing all but one of the last spells.  It's always one but not the other.  Screw it.  I'll come back to it in a week.

Maybe PCB will be more forgiving. (HA!)

« Reply #953 on: March 06, 2012, 10:09:04 PM »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #954 on: March 06, 2012, 10:56:11 PM »
Why do all of the bosses in Mountain of Faith want to kill me?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:02:56 PM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #955 on: March 06, 2012, 11:00:34 PM »
FUCK YOU HINA FUCK YOU NITORI FUCK YOU AYA FUCK YOU SANAE FUCK YOU KANAKO

FUCK LUNATIC FUCK MOUNTAIN OF FAITH'S IDIOTIC BOMB SYSTEM FUCK THE DAMN AMULET FAIRY IN STAGE 2 THAT MAKES ME WASTE ALL OF MY BOMBS BECAUSE I'M A GREEDY LITTLE BITCH WHEN IT COMES TO FAITH FARMING

FUCK REIMU B'S LACK OF SPREADING FUCK REIMU C'S LACK OF CONCENTRATED POWER FUCK REIMU A'S ANNOYING TENDENCY TO FIRE AT THE WRONG FUCKING FAIRY FUCK MARISA A FOR BEING STUPID FUCK MARISA B FOR THE DAMN LEVEL 3 GLITCH AND FUCK MARISA C FOR THE INCONSISTENT OPTION PLACEMENT THAT DRIVES ME FUCKING INSANE

Dear Shizuha "Wallmaster" Aki, Minoriko "Streambitch" Aki, Hina "Spinbitch" Kagiyama, Nitori "Cephalic Plate" Kawashiro, Aya "Stupid at the Speed of Light" Shameimaru, Sanae "Walltard" Kochiya, and Kanako "Fuck you" Yasaka,

Signed, Esupanitix

On a lighter note, nothing! :D

What has everyone told you about doing this crap, stop it.

Now, mind showing us a replay of this run so we can help? (Well, maybe I can't but Zengeku and others surely can)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #956 on: March 06, 2012, 11:02:30 PM »
I have a habit about not saving replays of failure, sorry.

Next time I fail, I will. Sorry about the previous post.

Enjoy.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #957 on: March 06, 2012, 11:05:53 PM »
I have a habit about not saving replays of failure, sorry.

Next time I fail, I will. Sorry about the previous post.

You should be saving and uploading replays a little more often, and if you really want to save it, throw it in a different folder for archiving or something.

« Reply #958 on: March 06, 2012, 11:07:37 PM »
Why do all of the bosses in Mountain of Faith want to kill me?

Because they are designed well obviously.  :V

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #959 on: March 06, 2012, 11:12:08 PM »
Because they are designed well obviously.  :V

>Designed well
>Spinbitch kills me two times on one spellcard because a fire bullet was inside a fire bullet

>Designed well
>Minoriko's nonspells
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:16:17 PM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.