Author Topic: Umineko Mafia - Day 4  (Read 68943 times)

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
Re: Umineko Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #300 on: July 21, 2009, 12:32:09 AM »
Rou: Because there are numerous roles that, when claimed, become useless. Baiting is possible. WIFOM level at maximum for all parties involved. I just don't know, and I don't find it a scum or towntell either way. Thus, the inspection of his previous play is more worthwhile instead, and I'm yet to fully judge that.

All this counterclaim talk is totally stupid. Roles can be duplicated. Roles may not exist in the first place. Open minds, people.

Annnnd btw rou (and neitz really, since they claim to be the same) it's really odd that you'd try and push a pesco lynch here over NF on those grounds, who's stormed off and not returned nor shown signs of that.

If NF's death is virtually inevitable, surely we want to see it before anyone else's in order to maximize the intel avaliable to us? I'm sensing people refusing to adapt to the situation and sticking with old methods.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #301 on: July 21, 2009, 01:22:00 AM »
8 hours to Nucleaire Fusion modkill.

@Nietz: if you guys lynch someone nyao, then the modkill is processed during the night. If he is Scum, he is merely NK'd along with whatever other night actions may occur. If he is Town, another night phase occurs immediately after that one ends, with no intervening day phase between the two. So basically, it's the same result as if nobody was lynched today, and the modkill processed during this day phase.

I am going to try yelling at him one final time before modkilling him, though, because I'm nice like that, and it also gives me more reason to ban him from future games if he refuses to participate in the damn game.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #302 on: July 21, 2009, 03:46:25 AM »
All this counterclaim talk is totally stupid. Roles can be duplicated. Roles may not exist in the first place. Open minds, people.

Annnnd btw rou (and neitz really, since they claim to be the same) it's really odd that you'd try and push a pesco lynch here over NF on those grounds, who's stormed off and not returned nor shown signs of that.

If NF's death is virtually inevitable, surely we want to see it before anyone else's in order to maximize the intel avaliable to us? I'm sensing people refusing to adapt to the situation and sticking with old methods.
That's a strange change of mind, since Day 1 you were arguing that NF shouldn't be lynched because of his claim, and now you've been pushing for his lynch the whole day while completely letting pesco aside.

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #303 on: July 21, 2009, 05:51:41 AM »
Nietz: Yes, and? I think I've elaborated pretty thoroughly on why...

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #304 on: July 21, 2009, 05:56:53 AM »
There's only about 4 hours left on the modkill timer. Is there enough for a second lynch?

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #305 on: July 21, 2009, 05:59:02 AM »
Timer gets reset if he flips scum, so there would be.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #306 on: July 21, 2009, 06:40:56 AM »
Man this is annoying. No one has argued in support of NF. The only deviations are pretty much in regards to who voted him and when, but I doubt we'd get that much from bandwagon analysis. The most notable person would be Pesco, but any combination of Pesco Scum/Town and NF Scum/Town can fit reasonably with the way they've played.

I just get the feeling that none of the other cases change much when we get NF's flip. This is just to reduce numbers and I really hope that Town isn't the one getting the raw end of the deal.

If NF flips Scum, I'm probably set to vote Zakeri again as I would think better of Pesco and worse of Zakeri through the triangle I put forward. If NF flips Town, gotta wait to see Night 2 results.

/end buffer post to prevent inactivity prod.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #307 on: July 21, 2009, 09:45:22 AM »
Don't have time to do flavour, will edit this post with it later.

Nuclear Fusion was modkilled! They were Battler Ushiromiya, Townie Cop!

It is now Night 2, please send in actions to me and Edible, etc. Also feel free to send Nuclear Fusion nastygrams via email/PM/etc, I heartily endorse this product and/or service :P

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
Re: Umineko Mafia - Night 2
« Reply #308 on: July 21, 2009, 10:16:40 AM »
*Generic Frak You post* directed at the relevent parties.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #309 on: July 23, 2009, 01:21:28 AM »
Will also update this post with flavour once I am done basically All The Quantum Physics Assignments In The World.

Last night, Nietz was killed! They were Shannon, Townie Jailkeeper!

It is now Day 2, you have 72 hours before deadline! Good luck!

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #310 on: July 23, 2009, 01:26:56 AM »
ಠ_ಠ

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #311 on: July 23, 2009, 02:59:32 AM »
Quick and short post.

I feel that Roukanken is rather lacking in anything other than points on pesco, which is rather discomforting.  Some thoughts on other people would be nice.  Flip is surprising and interesting; it raises the possibility that NF was in fact NK'ed and that Nietz protected (more of roleblocked) him.  Not sure of the implications behind this, though.

##Vote: Roukanken

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #312 on: July 23, 2009, 04:22:48 AM »
Well, that makes sense.  Nietz probably targetted Nuke the night before last, as did scum.  Much simpler than the alternatives.

Also note that we have 8 players left and it's not LyLo.  We're looking for two scum, not three.  The two main players that stick out at me right now are Pesco and Zakeri.  Pesco for roleclaim weirdness and general evasiveness, Zakeri out of pure bandwagon analysis.  Both also favored lynching Nuke without even giving him a night to see what would pop up.

I suppose it's not impossible that they're scumbuddies.  I'm not seeing any really obvious scumpartner for either of them to tip the scales.  Pesco seems scummier by a hair to me.

##Vote Pesco

I want both Pesco and Zakeri to put forward their preferred lynches after Nuke's and Nietz's flip.  After my readthrough, I don't really see Roukanken tunneling, what with commenting on the other wagons occasionally, but let's see what he has to say about the others now anyway, too.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
Re: Umineko Mafia - Day 3
« Reply #313 on: July 23, 2009, 04:55:41 AM »
I doubt Rou is scum purely by intuition. If he is, then he deserves to win.

By the same measure, I'm always wary of Kiro when he doesn't die within the first few nights. It's not a sound accusation, so I won't be voting him for this.

Third option is Dorian/Sodium. Neither have been all that spectacular. I'd ask Sodium now to explain Dorian's posts in his own words.

Serp

« Reply #314 on: July 23, 2009, 05:16:06 AM »
I'd ask Sodium now to explain Dorian's posts in his own words.

Oh boy, this should be fun.

Anyway, Zakeri isn't even a blip on your radar?

Kiro

« Reply #315 on: July 23, 2009, 05:16:30 AM »
8 people left. No LYLO warning. That's a decent sign. Looks like there's only 2 scum in this game. No telling if someone is a Survivor or not which would determine whether 5 or 6 Townies are left. Also, Jailkeeper and Cop combination... how counterproductive. Acts as a limiter to prevent 8 or 9 Townies from overrunning 2 Scum especially if 1 of them was lynched early.

Not liking Pesco at the moment. Along with the general evasiveness, he left his Day 1 vote on Nuclear Fusion when it was somewhat evident that the lynch wouldn't have gone through. That's rather lazy and somewhat anti-Town behavior to just meaninglessly park your vote there and you had ample time to pursue someone else. His explanations for who his second choice would be were also inadequate as I had mentioned before. But I let this all pass at first because I thought Pesco was crumbing that he was actually the Cop, especially being the first one to vote NF. He consistently keeps that stance by voting NF into Day 2. Of course since NF is actually the Cop, this destroys any notion that Pesco is another Cop, especially when this game should only have 2 Scum. And if you want to say Pesco is another Town power role, I'm not quite ready to believe that along with the way he's acted. Which leads back to the question of why he's bothering to pretend?

I could also understand why Pesco would vote so quickly for NF after his copclaim... if Scum had no roleblocker. They had to realize that they were expecting NF to be protected by a Doc no matter how scummy NF had been acting and NF would get at least one result out so a Scum Pesco would have taken the chance and keep the pressure on NF. Even if there was little chance of the lynch materializing, he probably wagered that NF was set to be mislynched in the future anyways and wanted to keep that stance. It's also possible that his scumbuddy would have caught on and tried to force the lynch to L-1 thus increasing pressure for the mislynch to occur Day 1. That is a much weaker case, but the fact that it did not happen does suggest the possibility the Scum buddy was already on the NF wagon. Meaning Affinity and Carthrat minus dead Donut have suddenly caught my attention.

Affinity has suddenly jumped up with the rather quick Roukan vote and the somewhat lame reason. You don't give much conviction for the vote; feels like a prod. I also don't see the need for such a thing right off the bat in Day 3 because Roukan is usually responsive AND his case on Pesco is decent. It feels too much like you're trying to set up something out of nothing. Also, if we're following your reason, if Roukan has been tunneling on Pesco, Pesco had been tunneling on NF and we know the latter was wrong. Why aren't you at least mentioning Pesco's case Affinity? I should also note that your comparison of Pesco versus Donut in #146 seems rather short and doesn't seem to give a rather definitive reason for how Donut is more deserving of his vote over Pesco. Feels like distancing.

As for Carthrat, I don't get that much of a presence from him who also was on NF's wagon early. He is less suspicious than Affinity though because given a choice he voted Pesco rather than Donut in Day 1 when both were close on the wagons. However, the suspicion does go back up a bit because of the reversal of opinion in Day 2 leading towards a NF mislynch before NF rolled over.

Zakeri is still a distinct possibility as per my Day 2 case.

Overall, my suspicions have been pegged as Pesco, then Affinity, then Zakeri and Carthrat being interchangable. If Pesco flips Scum, I think Roukan is Town (deja vu again). 2 Scum "probably" wouldn't be bussing each other on Day 1, especially if one of them is Pesco. The added attention on Pesco would just get him lynched sooner rather than later and that would hurt the remaining buddy. If Pesco flips Town, I'd have to reevaluate Roukan as well as everyone else of course.

I like Serp's vote there and for all the nit picky concerns I've had with them, none of them are standing out as extra serious. Sodium is a bit unusual, but the switch from Nietz to Pesco on Day 2 reflects decently well for him. His having to confirm the vote on Donut when he replaced in feels neutral to me due to the deadline and the reasoning wasn't that bad.

##Vote Pesco

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #316 on: July 23, 2009, 05:56:32 AM »
Town Kiro doesn't speculate like that. If you can out theories like that about me, then Rou should be town no matter how I flip. The fact that you intend to line him up as the lynch after me is why I'm quite sure of you being scum now.

##Vote Kiro

Kiro

« Reply #317 on: July 23, 2009, 06:09:45 AM »
You shouldn't assume that Pesco. I already addressed this back in #160 where I had a notion that Scum Rou could just tunnel on Town Pesco, have Pesco mislynched and take relatively little flak for it. ScumRoukan could also tunnel on ScumPesco, but I think that's suicidal for a 2 person scum team when they don't know what roles Town have on Day 1. I just think you're a lot scummier than Roukan based on the above observations.

I'm also surprised you're not mentioning anything about my votes or whatever as you vote me. Looks like a simple OMGUS knee-jerk reaction to me.

Finally, got any opinion on Affinity? What about Affinity's vote on Roukan?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #318 on: July 23, 2009, 06:33:19 AM »
I think Rou is town in response to Affinity's vote.

I do consider the possibility of scum Rou, the result is that he deserves to win if that is the case. Scum Rou is spineless, he wouldn't take the risk of getting tangled with me. He hasn't been as active as we might expect, but those are circumstances outside of the game.

As it stands, I don't feel the need to consider Zak or Affinity when Kiro and Sodium are bigger fish in my eyes.

Either way, I'm fine with being lynched today since it's not LyLo.

« Reply #319 on: July 23, 2009, 07:02:13 AM »
As it stands, I don't feel the need to consider Zak or Affinity when Kiro and Sodium are bigger fish in my eyes.

Aren't you suppose to consider everyone that's playing before figuring out who the "Big Fish" are? You sound more like you're fishing around than hunting.

I'm always wary of Kiro when he doesn't die within the first few nights. It's not a sound accusation, so I won't be voting him for this.
Town Kiro doesn't speculate like that.
Pesco: "I'm not voting based on Meta."
Pesco: "META! *vote*"

What exactly are you calling Kiro out on again? Your vote seems to be based entirely on the point that Kiro is suggesting that Roukanken Might be scum  if you flip town. This is basically the kind of accusation that can only be used on day one when someone is discussing who they want to target if the day one bandwagon flips scum or not. At least explain why you think this is scummy.

I'm fine with being lynched today since it's not LyLo.
"...because, you know, I'm a townie, and since it's not lylo or anything, lynching a townie is okay."
I generally don't like this talk at this point in the game. It reads like scum trying too hard to prove they're town. We're at the point now where townies should stop thinking like Martyr and just go after who they think is scummy.

I'd like to see Pesco put a lot more effort into his vote. I'd also like Affinity to do so as well. Affinity's vote largely reads as an inactivity prod on someone who's still on vacation. Roukanken may be tunneling Pesco, but that was way back on day one. The vote's only saving grace is defeated by the fact that Roukanken hasn't gotten a chance.

I'll need to take a thorought look when I'm not busy, but I think Pesco is most deserving of the lynch right now, especially due to Neitz's flip and Pesco's latest reaction to Kiro.

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #320 on: July 23, 2009, 08:22:08 AM »
See above posters for the now-painfully obvious way in which n1 probably actually played out, it's my conclusion as well.

Pesco- Given that Rou vanished for half the game, and spent most of the other half of it bulldogging you, I struggle to see how he is somehow totally clear, let alone 'deserves to win' if he's scum. This is so out of left field. Part of my sekrit undisclosed suspicions were that pesco was a doc trying not to get NKd with all the shenanigans; they've pretty much evaporated, and he's looking much worse than before. Obviously with NF flipping cop his actions early d2 weren't happy either.

Rou- Is high up on my list of suspicious characters as well. Blowing in out of nowhere and deriding an NF lynch towards the end in favour of.. just about anything else... is pretty damn pro-scum. According to the terms, if NF wasn't lynched, I believe scum would've gotten two NKs in a row along with NF's modkill, which would leave us in a pretty bad spot even if pesco was scum (and if he wasn't, that'd leave 6 living players and no dead scum, i.e. probably LYLO, eww.)

##Vote: Roukanken since I badly want an explanation of his actions towards the end of yesterday; arguing for a non-NF lynch during such a late stage seems extraordinarily counterproductive.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #321 on: July 23, 2009, 09:21:54 AM »
@Kiro:

Yes, it was a prod, since I wanted to ascertain his opinions on people other than pesco.  It's just that he made few posts yesterday with opinions that I don't feel flowed well, and I think he had been quite brief in his analysis of anyone other than pesco.  And of course, I don't like your overreaction to something so minor because no matter how decent your case is against someone, you still do have to give your opinions on others; this I think is lacking especially in D2. 

The talk about roles and the questioning of Carthrat were all linked to pesco in some way; at the very least, I do think that I am entitled to prod him for that.  As for pesco, he argued his position to hell through very many queries, enough for me to form an opinion, really, which is slightly scummy.  There were no questions I wanted to add that weren't already asked.

I also do not like your analysis of scumminess and such.  What you have failed to do is to evaluate the reasons behind the bandwagons as opposed to just the flips of the people lynched themselves.  For example, when you said things about pesco, it was the tunneling that was wrong, as opposed to the target of that tunnel; the case on NF was more than solid and thus one shouldn't be attacking people for voting him (you subscribed with that point of view too).  Furthermore, people shouldn't be praised just because they did not vote for donut on D1, as it was reasonable to assume that he was going to be lynched anyway.  In short, it's not merely the votes, but also the reasons, and for your disregard of the latter, your brand of scumhunting seems remarkably contrived.

Affinity

• hoho
« Reply #322 on: July 23, 2009, 09:29:09 AM »
@Zakeri:

Roukanken had a chance since he posted.  I'm not blaming him for going to England, I'm blaming him for focusing on pesco in his already existing posts and disregarding quite a lot of other things.  Thus, I would like to hear his thoughts on these other things.

@pesco:

I see the reasoning behind your vote, but it was mostly not explained... which is disturbing.  Please elaborate,

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #323 on: July 23, 2009, 09:56:37 AM »
Post got eaten by crappy internets at campus.

Pesco: "I'm not voting based on Meta."
Pesco: "META! *vote*"

What exactly are you calling Kiro out on again? Your vote seems to be based entirely on the point that Kiro is suggesting that Roukanken Might be scum  if you flip town. This is basically the kind of accusation that can only be used on day one when someone is discussing who they want to target if the day one bandwagon flips scum or not. At least explain why you think this is scummy.

Those happen to be different points of meta.

I think you've answered it yourself. Why is Kiro lining up lynches on Day 3 when we don't have leeway to be wrong when it could have been resolved on Day 1.

I'll need to take a thorought look when I'm not busy, but I think Pesco is most deserving of the lynch right now, especially due to Neitz's flip and Pesco's latest reaction to Kiro.

I'm not getting lynched unless you actually vote me you know. What does Serp think of this reluctance?

Pesco- Given that Rou vanished for half the game, and spent most of the other half of it bulldogging you, I struggle to see how he is somehow totally clear, let alone 'deserves to win' if he's scum. This is so out of left field.

I bank on scumRou being a coward. There will always be people that think one or the other must be scum or someone might just choose my side over his eventually, those are the risks for scumRou to face when arguing with me. As town, those concerns are minor and not necessarilly harmful to his win condition. If scumRou has the balls to play like this, then he's bested me and I concede. In short, I think he's not badass enough to do it.

Serp

« Reply #324 on: July 23, 2009, 12:34:36 PM »
Alright, after another re-read, I'm having a hard time seeing Zakeri and Pesco as our scumpair.  Zakeri was hard on Pesco from the start, then started to swing pro-Pesco, and now has gone back to anti-Pesco.  It's explainable as Zakeri distancing himself from a mislynch, but it's neither bussing nor unjustified support.  Both are scummy on their own merits, but either they've done really well to distance themselves from each other, or we'll need to look outside them for the scumbuddy.

Kiro makes a good case for a Pesco-Affinity pair.  I'm seeing Pesco-Carthrat as much less likely due to Carthrat placing what could have ended up as a momentum-swinging vote against Pesco on page 6.  I'm starting to think that half the value in a Pesco lynch would be the way it would put the so many actions in a context where we can fully analyze them.  Now that I'm looking for a pair, it seems like odd connections are popping up all over the place.  Ultimately, we have to start with individual scumminess and then work from there.

Onto responses and questions:

Quote from: Pesco
What does Serp think of this reluctance?

I was hoping for something more decisive and shocking, honestly. :V  I'm frustrated by Zakeri's flightiness in voting.  I just realized we never really got an explanation for his suspicion out of nowhere against me.  Zakeri's actions have been looking more like strategic voting than scumhunting, which is why I'm still wary of him.

Quote from: Carthrat
Part of my sekrit undisclosed suspicions were that pesco was a doc trying not to get NKd with all the shenanigans; they've pretty much evaporated, and he's looking much worse than before. Obviously with NF flipping cop his actions early d2 weren't happy either.

Isn't it kind of hypocritical to say that when you explicitly said you followed Pesco's reasoning here?  I was feeling the same way, despite my lack of vote, so I don't hold it against either of you, but I do hold it against you if you suddenly consider something you yourself did a scumtell.

Affinity, if your vote on Roukanken is just a prod, then who are you actually leaning towards lynching?

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #325 on: July 23, 2009, 01:12:34 PM »
##Unvote, ##Vote: Pesco. Everything he's said today is based entirely on meta, and while Rou hasn't even had to reply yet (ugh) I'm compelled to switch. The point he has against Kiro is pretty trivial and just doesn't seem to have any weight behind it. Another thing- I can't see how asking Sodium his opinion on Dorian's play is actually going to be useful.

No matter what his alignment, he is obviously going to try and spin it in the best way possible. Don't dismiss what Dorian says, perhaps, but judge it on it's own merits- there's no point asking Sodium what he thinks of it.

Serp: It's a relatively minor point against him and has more to do with his style of posting (abrupt; short; lacking details and explanations; check out his initial posts against NF in day 2. They mostly amount to 'you're scummy, die'.) more than wanting the guy lynched in and of itself.

The hypocrisy thing is kinda stupid, though; that lynch was wrong and while I know I was in error, I can't just go 'oh well I voted like this so it's okay for everyone else to' without considering it a bit further.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #326 on: July 23, 2009, 02:29:40 PM »
Whoa, Pesco, what's with the OMGUS meta vote on Kiro?

Quote from: Pesco
I'd ask Sodium now to explain Dorian's posts in his own words.
Well, let's see...
Confirm post, etc.

73-Uh, I don't even know. Gives some random information that everyone probably knew, and then answers a question meant for Pesco. I'm guessing he answered it because he didn't know that you usually don't answer questions not meant for yourself in mafia.

83-Uh, =V. Accepts NF's reasoning for his vote on Donut, which I'd say is pretty bad. Then points out his own answer, and says it was more like him, which means he's clueless. >_> Yeah, I just think this is the action of a clueless new player.

120-Gives points against NF, including pointing out something wrong with NF's case. However, he then says "TOO SCUMMY TO BE SCUM", which seems like something a new player would say. States suspicion of Donut & Pesco. He's reasoning is alright, and then he votes Donut for jumping onto "that", "that" being a small part of a post NF made. I think he was saying that he thought Donut was trying to get people off of him by voting NF, because Donut voted NF on something he thought was weak.

149-Answers Roukan with a post from Affinity. He admits he should do it himself, but seeing from his previous posts, he probably felt that Affinity's answer was clearer.

And those are all of his posts. =V Overall, all his actions seem like clueness newbie with Wrathie mixed in, which then ended up in me replacing him.

So, anyways, picking up from yesterday, and with the all new OMGUS Meta vote from Pesco...
##Vote:Pesco

Also, vote count?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #327 on: July 23, 2009, 02:42:20 PM »
You see here, I'm going to get lynched for what you call scummy play. My claim means nothing to sway the opinion. So what if I pushed for NF to be lynched? He played scummy, so he deserves to be lynched. This same response will come up after I flip.

It's still a valid enquiry to find out why Dorian would say the things he did, spoken from Sodium's perspective of his role. Why does Carthrat care how Sodium responds?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #328 on: July 23, 2009, 02:44:08 PM »
Post more when I get home.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #329 on: July 23, 2009, 04:13:57 PM »
Wow. I come back from England, having explicitly said that I've have trouble getting a connection and wouldn't be able to take a good look at the thread, and I find myself being attacked for not giving a full enough opinion. >_>

Well, now that I'm back, I'm intending to play catchup for as much of Days 2 and 3 as I can. Expect a WoT ASAP - I'm still highly suspicious of Pesco, but I don't want to press it until I get a votecount.

*starts reading up*