Author Topic: Umineko Mafia - Day 4  (Read 70690 times)

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
Re: Umineko Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2009, 02:40:16 AM »
How about a claim please Donut?

And you don't have to read everything now because there's no time. Just state a basic defense and who you think is scum with basic rationale.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2009, 02:54:50 AM »
I'm gonna be gone for a bit. Not sure if I'll be back for deadline (1:00 AM EST?) and a vote switch, but hopefully so in case it's necessary.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #212 on: July 18, 2009, 02:57:28 AM »
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2009, 03:01:01 AM »
By Lurker, I mean inactive guy who then asks for a replacement at the end of Day 1. =V

Also, some random things I noticed:
No one self voted. THANK THE MAFIA GODS.
This Day 1 isn't 10 pages of WALLS that would make VoWG jelous. THANK THE MAFIA GODS.

So anyways...
People I don't like:
Nuclear Fusion:
[run on sentence]Hi Guys, I'm going to attract a lot of attention for no reason, post a current suspicion list that includes EVERYONE and then target the lurker(easy way out), jump to scum pair conclusions, get called scummy, then claim cop after wasting a load of time defending myself, while claiming defending others and ones self is a good way to spend the day.[/run on sentence]

While his actions are...yeah, no one has counterclaimed or anything, so he's somewhat of a confirmed townie. I still don't like NF for his general uselessness in actually doing something pro-town.

People who are scummy right now:
Donut:Oh you. Attacks Pesco with WIFOM goodness.
"SCUM WOULD WANT TO END THE RVS EARLY FOR TOWNIE POINTS, BUT I'VE CAUGHT ONTO THAT DEVIOUS SCHEME."
Next, we have him sorta defending Pesco from Roukan! Neutral I guess, but yeah. What I'd like to point out is:
1. Mafia NKs him. He's telling the truth and we lose a cop
2. Mafia leaves him alive for whatever reason and he starts talking. We have a live cop who can help us
3. He lives and starts feeding us false information, because he's Mafia

Two out of these three options are desirable.
Haha...Which of the two? From what I can tell, there's only 1 desirable for town, and that's #2. Only Pesco posted about it though, and Pesco'd post was more of a "lolwut?". Donut then responding without actually saying something to remedy how he said there are two options desirable. It's like he didn't actually notice what Pesco was talking about!
Uses "I suck at scum hunting" to defend against "Why haven't you been scum hunting?". Nice.
He then says "I'll catch up later", and then says that AGAIN, 2.5 hours before the deadline, while giving up.

Roukan and Pesco:For some reason, I have a theory that they're pretending to argue(as usual) in order to distract town. Now, there is absolutely no actual evidence to support this, seeing as they do it every time, but it's just a feeling I have. Disregard this if you feel like it, as it's a crackpot theory intially born from observing from outside the game.

I focused on the main topics of discussion in Day 1, but I'll try to give some opinions on others later(probably on Day 2, unfortunately). I was trying to do a post in an hour, and this is all I got. So yeah. I can vote up until an hour before the deadline. I've gotta go do something quickly now though.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2009, 03:32:26 AM »
Wait, Alice, is my vote on Donut right now? Dorian did have his vote on Donut previously. Well, I'm just going to make sure by:

##Unvote
##Vote:Donut

Not a Hammer.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #215 on: July 18, 2009, 04:03:40 AM »
Defense~? Well, If I'm about to be hammered, there's no real point, but lessee...~ *is currently hot and bothered by said heat*

IIRC, this whole thing started from confusions about the RVS, and me being inconsistent with my voting? Well, is it really a crime to have a flexible opinion? Look at the judge in Phoenix Wright! He has a flexible opinion, but he chooses the right thing in the end...wait. >_> As for why I vote for people I previously state I support, it was to avoid being accused of waffling. Honest. So~ I don't really have anything more than that.

As for who's scum? I dunno. Not me, but you'll learn that in an hour or so. I still say that NF should be under suspicion because he may be fake claiming, but that's not something I'd bet my life on. Also, don't let Pesco off the hook just because I flip town, okay?

Claim? I'm some chef guy, vanilla townie. GOD, I had hoped at least once in my Mafia career I'd get a power role (well, excluding mah Yuyuko doll in RWoS).

So in conclusion, I want to tell my family that though we had some rough times, I love them dearly. I leave this world with no regrets. *lights cigarette*
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #216 on: July 18, 2009, 04:14:22 AM »
Yeah, I'm not seeing anything brilliant and/or mind-changing there, and the pesco lynch is looking like it's not gonna happen (and the Dorian/EX one definately isn't, and shouldn't happen.) I'm good with this one.

##Unvote, ##Vote: donut Hammer.

« Reply #217 on: July 18, 2009, 04:23:30 AM »
Back, I didn't think Day lasted until after Midnight.

Quote from: Serpentarius
I see Donut throwing up his hands and just giving up, which definitely isn't a point in his favor, to be sure.  His self-professed lack of scumhunting ability doesn't help matters either.  I'll agree that it's comparable to the case on Dorian, but I think Dorian is looking worse in all regards.
How exactly was Dorian "Worse" Than Donut? Dorian made a few posts attempting to give his opinions, and said something that can be easily misconstrued into a scummy statement. Donut has been placing awkwardly timed votes on people without giving effective reasoning for his votes, and excusing it. What exactly make's Dorian more scummy then Donut?

but I just want to point out that there is a balance to strike when weighing lurkiness against scummy posts.
And where is this balance? As far as I can tell from your stance on Dorian and Nuke, and your lack of Stance on Donut tells me that you value activity levels more than content of post. Your points on Dorian were afterthoughts.

If this player group has a collective flaw, it's that it penalizes effort.  Someone who takes the trouble to post a full justification of his vote and an analysis of every bandwagon and player is just putting out more words, and between those words there will likely be a bunch of little inconsistencies to pick apart, by virtue of the poster's humanity, not his scumminess.
Okay, this is a rather decent point, and I will accept this
IF... you can present a better way to hunt scum.

I'm not trying to present a false dilemma - all I'm saying is that it seems inconsistent to me for you all to give the supposed cop a free ticket due to his possible future utility while also giving the lurker a free ticket despite his likely future liability even on the off chance that he's a townie.
This is a False Delemia. You are trying to ingrain in the minds of everyone else is that if we let Dorian Live now, he will continue to live until Lylo, and only then, not before then, will we question or pursue his alignment.

I know this is all before you realized Dorian was getting replaced, which is why I phrased all of these arguments as such.

In the end, this is exactly why I consider it a Scumtell to go after Inactive People on day one. Inactives are the number one easiest mislynch since they can't defend themselves and clueless townies would easily agree with the reasoning. This is also a main point in why Nuke is likely Scum.

Quote from: Carthrat
I am voting Pesco, and I usually vote people I'm comfortable with lynching, so... Uh. How is this question not fearmongering, as in it's the same as going "Are you SURE you want to lynch him? HE MIGHT FLIP EITHER WAY".
It is Fearmongering. As such, people who are convinced of their vote and provide reasoning why are less likely the be scum.

Ending the post now before the deadline comes up too short for Serp to answer.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2009, 04:30:09 AM »
HAMMER SHUT UP

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #219 on: July 18, 2009, 05:19:30 AM »
As everyone was arguing, and Kinzo kept shredding on his guitar, suddenly Gouda walks in with the afternoon dinner.

"Freshly prepared for you, delicious lemon chicken with hollandaise sauce, with a side of potatoes and mixed vegetables and drinks of your choice. Dessert will be in a m--"

"It's you. You're the one who killed them.", suddenly said Battler, after spending most of the argument trying to defend himself, almost in vain.

"W-w-w-what, me? What makes you think I committed that...vile act?"

"It's simple: it would have to have been a servant who did it, for the bodies were stored in a room where only the servants and Kinzo had keys to. Furthermore--"

"Wait, Battler's right. I didn't see Gohda around that morning, before the discovery of the bodies.", said Kanon.

"It wasn't me! Honest! I was in the kitchen making breakfast for everyone!"

"LIES AND TRICKERY! That is just a convenient excuse!" yelled Natsuhi in horror, beginning to already suspect the worst of Gohda, around the same time as another migraine of hers flared up again.

"Never trust a person who's named after a type of cheese", added Eva.

"Why did I ever agree to come here, not only does nobody respect me and my cooking but now they're also accusing me of murder! I go from working at 5-star hotels to this place and I get less respect? Why did that dollmaker have to prevent unionization, I don't deserve this tr--"

Suddenly, everyone's attention was directed on the girl who just materialized in the room, except nobody could tell when, or for that matter who she was.

"...who are you?", George finally got the urge to ask

"Mammon. And the person you are accusing is innocent of what you claim him to be doing. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, see, we need some sacrifices, so we hope you'll oblige and don't mind. I just hope you guys aren't going to take to eating microwaved lunches now. I mean that guy is obnoxious, but he could cook well, compared to the stuff Kinzo used to eat. I mean yeech, no wonder Nanjo complains about his health all the time. Anyway, bye!"

And at this precise moment two facts became known: the girl with the wavy brown hair was gone, and Gohda was dead...stabbed through the heart with a stake.

"Well...I guess he was telling the truth...", muttered Kinzo, who then got up to pick up his whammy bar that just flew off of his guitar.

nintendonut888, playing Gohda, Vanilla Townie was lynched!

It is now Night 1. You have 24 hours to submit night actions to me and Edible (please send them to both mods, I cannot seem to repeat this point enough times), after which Day 2 will begin.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #220 on: July 18, 2009, 05:34:49 AM »
*goes off to get last meal*
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2009, 10:22:42 AM »
"It's you. You're the one who killed them.", suddenly said Battler, after spending most of the argument trying to defend himself, almost in vain.
Uh, I don't think confirming roles via flavour is a good idea. >_>
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 11:06:09 AM by Alice Margatroid »

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2009, 11:06:37 AM »
Uh, I don't think confirming roles via flavour is a good idea. >_>
When did I say this was a confirmation, or that roles mapped to alignments or powers? :)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #223 on: July 18, 2009, 11:08:14 AM »
after spending most of the argument trying to defend himself

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #224 on: July 18, 2009, 11:11:40 AM »
Stop mod-fishing in public.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2009, 11:12:58 AM »
after spending most of the argument trying to defend himself
Flavour is flavour, and the only relevant name in it is the person who is about to die. All other names and scenarios are pulled from the pool of all possible characters, some of which might not even be in this mafia game. Furthermore, character name does not imply ability or alignment. In other words, kindly stop trying to outguess the mod. It won't work :)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2009, 12:15:08 PM »
Okay, as a warning I'm leaving for a 4-day trip to England in about 5 minutes so my internet access will either be heavily reduced or non-existent. If I don't post by halfway through Day 2, I'll probably need to be replaced. If all goes well, though, I should be back online sometime late Sunday.

Apologies to the mods for the inconvenience.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #227 on: July 19, 2009, 05:08:00 AM »
Everyone woke up today and headed off to the common room, still slightly afraid of the happenings of last night. "Didn't it say that two people are to be killed on the second day?", George wondered for a moment. "Just be glad nobody died", was the quick response from Natsuhi, who was visibly distressed. They all sat down for another day of chatter and confusion amongst themselves, in the hopes of finding out who was behind the death of Gouda last night.

It is now Day 2. There was No Nightkill last night. You have 72 hours from this point until deadline, though due to random V/LAs cropping up and the Otakon weekend, I will give a 24 hour extension for today only if a majority votes for an extension by voting ##Extension

Also, Roukanken's V/LA is noted. Have fun!

Nuclear Fusion